Bobbill12345

Make king mines only explode if the user is close buy

So some Ace cant just drive through your base, spam some kings, run, and then you get instaframed because you have 0 clue the mines are there

• Haha 3
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

So mines should be put to work like most mines dont work in reality ?

The fun in em is indeed the fact you can sneak in, lay em in the ground, and then you move away and let mines have their way. Thats about the whole idea of even using em.

With that kind of logic, i assume crickets should be shot only in very close distance, not from across the field from range where even their user wont see their pray , and i guess incinerator user has to be in his own fire puddle with his enemy, to gain any points. ? 

Cmon, keep mines like mines are meant to be. Reminders of reality and keep you on your toes from running all over all blind.

Edited by Siberian_Jay3x6
Added "Reminders of reality and keep you on your toes from running all over all blind."
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Disasterizer said:

Nerf what kills me.

Yes, lets nerf mines to firecrackers, that just throw little pink flowers around.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Draco_Night said:

Mines are Show on map of you use radar, if you dont See them it is your fault. 

And you even see the mines with your eyes on ground. Just be careful.

Rather make hovers explode mines too. I mean...they dont now ?

• Upvote 1

I would say that totally defies the whole purpose of the mines, they are quite easy to see, specially if you have a detector

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, xCrossFaith said:

I would say that totally defies the whole purpose of the mines, they are quite easy to see, specially if you have a detector

They are visible also when "you" encage on a chase to get that newbie green-blue pickup with just the common starters parts, van doors etc, looking like some guy who lost his roof/hood mounted parts. A bit fat ,a bit slow, hopeless unarmed build. But it lays mines in front of you and you just chase it and all the sudden you lost wheels etc :015j:

Is this the dumb ideas topic? I've got one. Peekaboo builds must have full LOS with the opposition for their weapons to reload, I mean how am I supposed to hit something that's keeps hiding behind a rock.

• Haha 2

Come on people you know perfectly well no one uses a verifier/oculus at the ps people use kings
Its on the same level as drones some dude just drives through your base spams mines and hopes someone accidentally drives over one and gets instantly crippled

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Bobbill12345 said:

Come on people you know perfectly well no one uses a verifier/oculus at the ps people use kings
Its on the same level as drones some dude just drives through your base spams mines and hopes someone accidentally drives over one and gets instantly crippled

They usually do stumble on them mines, and atleast i see, though not often, verifiers where i play.

"No one" is so annoying claim as theres always someone doing what "nobody" does / uses, sir. But ive used verifier like...15 minutes, since its introduction and to me it aint vital by any means as i use radars/detectors mostly when carrying locking missiles, and  incinerators to have some clue about where people are. But veriviers physical size makes it pretty much impossible , i mean it wont easily fit in the build. 

14 hours ago, Bobbill12345 said:

So some Ace cant just drive through your base, spam some kings, run, and then you get instaframed because you have 0 clue the mines are there

Define “close by”

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jiffy_boi said:

Define “close by”

Idk, like 200 meters, just not at the other end of the map

• Confused 2

Also 90% of the time I drive over kings is when I reverse or strafe into them.... its one thing noticing them in front of you but I cant look at the ground in 4 directions at once

• Haha 2

Wait, is this a serious thread or another parody?

It’s hard to tell sometimes on this forum.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Bobbill12345 said:

Idk, like 200 meters, just not at the other end of the map

So, "Close bye" is out of range of Shotguns, Flame Throwers, Kapkans, and Porcupines?

Or is that another number you just threw out there without thinking about it?

606EB457862766C7A36CF264629FD265010B27C2I know it's hard to read at this distance, but that [Underlined] says 200m.

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

So, "Close bye" is out of range of Shotguns, Flame Throwers, Kapkans, and Porcupines?

Or is that another number you just threw out there without thinking about it?

:facepalm:

The point of mines is to be able to place them down, and then relocate. If you'd require proximity from the wielder, it wouldn't be a mine anymore. :)

• Upvote 3

They already got nerfed, anymore would ruin the weapon. When you see a weird build with no guns drive in and you dont see him drop any drones you should automatically be on the lookout for mines. They are pretty easy to spot on the ground when you are actually paying attention to where you are driving and looking for them. 

Edited by EVAN_WILLIAMS
  • Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, EVAN_WILLIAMS said:

They already got nerfed, anymore would ruin the weapon. When you see a weird build with no guns drive in and you dont see him drop any drones you should automatically be on the lookout for mines. They are pretty easy to spot on the ground when you are actually paying attention to where you are driving and looking for them. 

Thats pretty much my mine cars idea.

Its small and ugly, as light as needed for its life span expectation of few minutes and it lures people to chase me as its built to look like already bit battle wounded newbie car that lost its weapons. Cheap perkless cab, cheap everything outside of it, hell pipes, blue wheels almost always, etc.

Change few parts on it each day, as well its paints are changed but always kept wearing some cheapest beginner style paints so it wont become too familiar.

And they run on the trail of mines i leave.

Edited by Siberian_Jay3x6
  • Haha 1

I'd like a Mine Detector part, and a Roller, please.  Maybe 150m range on the Detector.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I'd like then 300m blast radius for mines:015j:

• Haha 2

I want Kings to be magnetic and start flying towards wedges when they pass 300m close to them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, lucashc90 said:

I want Kings to be magnetic and start flying towards wedges when they pass 300m close to them.

Ooh!  Okay, I'd make the Magnetic mines different, because I like the Bouncing Betty action of the King mines, but if you could stick someone on a drivebye, then turn away before the fuse arms (There's a short delay) then that would be cool!

• Haha 1