lucashc90

We need a co-pilot/driver rework

16 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

According to Woody, and others, it's been in the works for quite some time.  

As they are with quite a lot of things this game need to change. The question is when and how they are going to do it.

About the drivers: one thing that definely needs to be implemented is the option to save the dude along with the car's blueprint.

Edited by lucashc90
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, lucashc90 said:

As they are with quite a lot of things this game need to change. The question is when and how they are going to do it.

It's a pretty massive undertaking, TBPH.  One thing I really want is Portraits/Background.  I know more about Jeff than I do about Perseus, and he's my Co-driver!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

It'd need to be done in such a way that it wouldn't be a nightmare to deal with like if you could stack 10 perks of nothing but extra damage (As in +50% extra damage from 10 5% extra damage perks.) or make an objectively best co-driver and that's a challenge that I don't believe the devs can do anytime soon.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, SIGMA920 said:

It'd need to be done in such a way that it wouldn't be a nightmare to deal with like if you could stack 10 perks of nothing but extra damage (As in +50% extra damage from 10 5% extra damage perks.) or make an objectively best co-driver and that's a challenge that I don't believe the devs can do anytime soon.

For instance they could implement buff to cabins more vital to the game than Growl and Trucker...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, lucashc90 said:

For instance they could implement buff to cabins more vital to the game than Growl and Trucker...

That'd be a simple perk buff, that could happen in the next patch/update (And should.).

• Upvote 1

I hate to not see this getting any traction... guess people don't care much about co-drivers (I wouldn't be surprised if most people only upgrade Master Jack and leave that part of the game alone).

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, lucashc90 said:

I hate to not see this getting any traction... guess people don't care much about co-drivers (I wouldn't be surprised if most people only upgrade Master Jack and leave that part of the game alone).

No, pretty sure everybody supports this, but there was a same-ish thread just a few days ago... People just tired talking about obvious stuff that needs to be done yet still never happens.

I mean, did you see the thing with the tutorial bug? And it's not getting fixed, like, instantly? Don't blame the players, because, tbh, it's the devs not caring about their game, there's no other words to put this.

Edited by fftunes4real
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, lucashc90 said:

Also, it's Mass Limit, Mass Limit, Mass Limit...

Top Speed.  With Jade, and Bulldog, you get +500 Mass Limit to specific cabins (None of which are really haulers.)  Or, Master Jack for All cabins.

Lightweight:  +5Km/H Top Speed for all Light Cabins.  That makes sense.

Mini-Heavyweight?  What?  No wait, Growl, what?  These are the issues that need to be addressed.  Just for an example, the same goes for Weapons, Movement Parts, pretty much across the board.  

2 hours ago, fftunes4real said:

No, pretty sure everybody supports this, but there was a same-ish thread just a few days ago... People just tired talking about obvious stuff that needs to be done yet still never happens.

I mean, did you see the thing with the tutorial bug? And it's not getting fixed, like, instantly? Don't blame the players, because, tbh, it's the devs not caring about their game, there's no other words to put this.

Sry, I've been a little sidetracked by some RL stuff and could not catch up with the news.

3 hours ago, fftunes4real said:

No, pretty sure everybody supports this

The silent majority want their co-drivers left untouched. If they want different Co-driver skills then the Developers could add optional Co-drivers to each Faction for us to level up. It may give older players something to strive for or they may be happy with the Co-drivers they already have, like myself, and not participate. New players would have to reach Prestige level to unlock the extra Co-drivers.

Edited by LordTutor
typo
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, LordTutor said:

If they want different Co-driver skills then the Developers could add optional Co-drivers to each Faction for us to level up. New players would have to reach Prestige level to unlock the extra Co-drivers.

Yeah, that would add some progression, too.  +1.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LordTutor said:

The silent majority want their co-drivers left untouched.

I doubt the majority is fine with "mad bull" perk only affecting trucker cab. 

Even if some players actually wasted their precious resources on the most useless lvl 15 perk and cabin... "The silent majority"?

Devs should want coin- and resource-sinks. They shoot themselves in their own feet by not doing ****.

And then you yourself mostly play low-ps with caucasus and drones but want prestige drivers to largen the gap between you and new players? TF?

Edited by fftunes4real
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, lucashc90 said:

Sry, I've been a little sidetracked by some RL stuff and could not catch up with the news.

I was talking about this:

https://forum.crossout.net/index.php?/topic/313746-hey-devs-new-players-cant-play-the-game-and-you-dont-seem-to-mind/

It's a proper kick in the nuts to anyone that was hoping this game was going anywhere and the devs were doing the best they can.

Honestly, if i hadn't just bought the battlepass this would be reason enough for me to take a long, long break from the game.

19 hours ago, lucashc90 said:

We already had a resources rework, engines rework, badges rework, explosions rework, PS rework, energy rework, chat rework, decor rework and are about to get a "physics" rework (a.k.a. wedge nerf).

The only things left are an armor rework and... welp...

CO-DRIVER REWORK

(Who is with me?)

I'm all in, sadly i think it'll happen the same time God and the Devil join forces.

+1

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bobbill12345 said:

Yo CEO can I work on co driver rework

NO WORK ON NEXT MONEYGRAB NAO

Quality lmfao 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, fftunes4real said:

And then you yourself mostly play low-ps with caucasus and drones but want prestige drivers to largen the gap between you and new players? TF?

Is level 30 Engineers a new player? I never face anyone below level 30.

Is 6000-7000 Low Power Score? You only need 5000 to farm Batteries. So being 1500-2000 higher then this 5000 is low Power Score?

I can forget and leave Stone Deaf in the Cabin when switching from Cobras to Caucasus and hardly see the difference except Hans adds 5 KPH to the Cheetahs 5 KPH. If I forget and leave Hans using Cobras, they work just the same.

Using Cobras and Caucasus certainly is not OP like Triggers and Flutes and Flamethrowers and Exploding Barrel Launchers and using Nail Guns on Hovers. If you think Cobras and Caucasus are OP in anyway then you must play a different game.

Co-Driver skills are not some great divide that adds tons of OP advantages. Fusion is more powerful then Co-Driver perks.

30 minutes ago, LordTutor said:

Is level 30 Engineers a new player?

Basicaly. When you reach lvl 30, you get thrown with another batch of players because the game checks you as "veteran" and you are forever prohibited to play with the kiddies.

One perk I would like to see:

If you install different categories of weapons, your installed weapons get a damage boost. (Or something similar to that)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, *Jomar_SL said:

If you install different categories of weapons, your installed weapons get a damage boost. (Or something similar to that)

Good idea, but it would have to be a pretty significant perk to make-up for what you lose from minmaxing.

Also, how it was implemented.  If it was just "Weapons from 2 different categories" then you could pair Machineguns with Autocannons.  Say Joules with Protectors, or Tacklers.  (Or just 1 Tackler to get the perk, and free up an energy point for a Seal, or Shiver.)

Maybe instead of a Damage Boost, it could be say 15% Cooling, and 5% Reload Boost with weapons of 2 different categories.  (Or whatever, the numbers were just for instance.)  That would partially make up for not minmaxing, but not give a significant damage bonus for mixing 2 technically different, but operably similar weapons.

Another way to implement it would be faction specific combos, like Melee with Shotguns (Bulldog) and Combat Lasers with Plasma Emitters (Jade)

Edited by psiberzerker

2 hours ago, *Jomar_SL said:

You'd need to make that more specific, otherwise someone could use 3-4 different types of drones to get damage boosts, that or toss a chord onto a cannon build for a quick and easy damage boost.

1 minute ago, SIGMA920 said:

You'd need to make that more specific, otherwise someone could use 3-4 different types of drones to get damage boosts, that or toss a chord onto a cannon build for a quick and easy damage boost.

No, I'm not going to. That's what test servers are for.