lucashc90

We need a co-pilot/driver rework

4 hours ago, lucashc90 said:

Basicaly. When you reach lvl 30, you get thrown with another batch of players because the game checks you as "veteran" and you are forever prohibited to play with the kiddies.

There was no divider when I started. Within 1 week of OBT I was already being attacked by Dual Caucasus Docker Frame Builds. At least back then you got your 13 Reputation and there was no minimum Reputation required to earn Scrap. You could even receive your Scrap for only 10 Reputation, First Hit, but it was pretty slow going being spanked with only Common and Rares by Epics or better.

What I mean is by level 30 Engineers you should have learned not to come up to 6500 Power Score if you can not handle it. I have 3 Rare Weapons or 2 Epic Weapons at 6500+. So if I do face a level 30 Engineers player who only has Master Jack leveled up, Master Jack is no slouch. Also, it was much more expensive to pay for Co-Driver skills back when I paid the freight and required much more Reputation per level then currently. So, Hans was stuck on level 9 for many weeks while I scraped up extra Resources to for his upgrade. There were no Badges to exchange for the Electronics required and playing above 5000 PS to farm Electronics was not going to go very well using 3 Vectors or 3 Defenders against Legendary Weapons.

So, I want players to earn their way like I earned my way. I do not believe that I am victimizing new players by having high level co-drivers and equipment that fits their skills. The co-driver bonus is a very tiny boost compared to fused Legendary and Relic Weapons.

14 minutes ago, SIGMA920 said:

You'd need to make that more specific, otherwise someone could use 3-4 different types of drones to get damage boosts, that or toss a chord onto a cannon build for a quick and easy damage boost.

I think Drones would all count as 1 Category, like they do in the tech tree?  You could mix a Caucasus with Annoyalators to get the bonus, though.  Since Caucasus is in with the Machineguns.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Upvote 1

Perseus, MG's and Auto Cannons and Flying Drones. Already mixed weapons.

Stone Deaf. Cannons and Turrets, already mixed skills.

Hans, Tow, Caucasus, Mandrake and bonuses to other more common weapons. Already mixed weapons.

Bulldog. Melee, Shotguns and Blast radius.

i do not care about Jade or Misty but I am pretty sure they have mixed weapon skills too.

Of course Master Jack is an all around guy too.

14 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

I think Drones would all count as 1 Category, like they do in the tech tree?  You could mix a Caucasus with Annoyalators to get the bonus, though.  Since Caucasus is in with the Machineguns.

Hopefully. right now they're separated into turrets, wheel drones, and drones. That's 3 type of weapon right there.

1 hour ago, LordTutor said:

Of course Master Jack is an all around guy too.

Boom/Lancelot.  1 energy, it's a different kind of weapon.  So, assuming Master Jack gets Master of None: +5% (Total, 1, 2, and 2 like other Damage perks) damage when using more than one type of weapon, a Lancelot would give that bonus to all your weapons.  

Edited by psiberzerker

1 hour ago, SIGMA920 said:

Hopefully. right now they're separated into turrets, wheel drones, and drones. That's 3 type of weapon right there.

It depends on how you define "Category."  To make it easier to balance, let's just say that you can't mix Machineguns, and Frontal machineguns for the additional bonus.  "Drones" are 1 category.  Flying drones, and turrets are sub-categories.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Upvote 1

Starting with Hans, because he is most important to me. The reason he had Caucasus skills was to cover his flank while he Aimed the Tow. He was defenseless while guiding his Tow and the Caucasus was fully automatic, targeting the nearest enemy, even if the nearest enemy was less threatening then the next closest enemy. Also, he had skills for the Sidekick, which was still 3 Energy then and you did not have to be close to the enemy, to guard his flank while using the Mandrake. So these skills were well balanced for the Weapon his faction crafts.

Perseus, not really sure. but Auto Cannons and MG's make sense and then if you are sniping and get flanked pop out a Falcon for CQC.

Stone Deaf makes sense also, using Cannons and get flanked and spit out a turret to cover your tail or for area denial.

I do not think it needs explained why Bulldog's skills work well for Lunatics and their Weapons. Witness me!!! Right out of Mad Max Fury Road!

Like I said Dawn's Children ruined the Game so I do not really care about Jade and Fire Starter's Misty is the female Bulldog because women are strong.

As you can see the co-drivers were already well thought out and if they want new and different skills they can add extra drivers.

For me, just leave Hans alone and I can adapt to others if needed. These Developers constantly force you to adapt when all you want to do is log in, load a bluepriint and grind before bedtime.

Edited by LordTutor
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, LordTutor said:

Starting with Hans, because he is most important to me. The reason he had Caucasus skills was to cover his flank while he Aimed the Tow. He was defenseless while guiding his Tow and the Caucasus was fully automatic, targeting the nearest enemy, even if the nearest enemy was less threatening then the next closest enemy. Also, he had skills for the Sidekick, which was still 3 Energy then and you did not have to be close to the enemy, to guard his flank while using the Mandrake. So these skills were well balanced for the Weapon his faction crafts.

All the this^.  I hadn't thought about it that way, but now that you mention it, he is kinda set-up for a specific playstyle.  One that's been buried by Power creep, because TOW is too weak for a primary weapon (And you can't have 2) as well as the other things you mentioned.

Now you can use Flutes!  Oh weight, with heavy cabins.  NM.

• Thanks 1

It would be nice if Reaper was a Chain-gun, Gatling Gun, or Rotary Cannon, instead of a Minigun.  Move it over to the Auto-cannons class, so the Nimble-Shooter (Perseus) Perk applies to it, or add "Spool-up time for Reaper reduced by 10%" to the description.  Or give it a specific "Grim Reaper" perk, something like that.

I can certainly tell the difference when I don't have Perseus for all the Machinegun perks on the Reaper.  That would make it slightly less powerful in Brick builds, too. (Auto-cannoneer is only 3% instead of 5% for Sharpshooter 3)

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Upvote 1

On 6/30/2020 at 6:48 AM, psiberzerker said:

It's a pretty massive undertaking, TBPH.  One thing I really want is Portraits/Background.  I know more about Jeff than I do about Perseus, and he's my Co-driver!

It's pretty much a very unnecessary undertaking....

The implementation of drivers was a waste of time from the start, it was just a way of slowing players down because of their rate of progress and the developers couldn't be bothered with creating anything new at the time....

It would be a lot better if all the stats that these invisible drivers give are just added to all weapons, modules and movement parts stats as standard, And then we can be compensated for all the resources we spent..

Lets also bare in mind that all cabins that you can see the interior of are completely empty as well...

As Lucashic pointed out the drivers aren't even saved with any blueprint and forgetting to pick the right 1 is bloody annoying and wastes the point of investing resources on the invisible drivers in the first place..

If portraits is that important to you then fair enough but whats the point if you can't even see them in the damn vehicle...

To me crossout is a more complex version of a TV show i watched called Robot Wars rather than a fictional futuristic story..

The tusk cabin makes it look more that way to....

Bare in mind its quite unfair for new players to when they are still working on first new driver levels and trying to make better weapons at the same time and selling resources for coin if they aren't using real money for pack bundles or events like the The Founders or Dooms Day..

Edited by HammeredByNature

6 minutes ago, HammeredByNature said:

If portraits is that important to you then fair enough but whats the point if you can't even see them in the damn vehicle?

That would be cool, too.  Quality of life improvements aren't necessary, but they're nice.  

We don't need Paints.  We don't need Horns, engine noises, nor decors.

We don't need video games, but we like them.

1 hour ago, HammeredByNature said:

If portraits is that important to you then fair enough but whats the point if you can't even see them in the damn vehicle...

What if your current co-drive's portrait was diplayed next to yours in the player menu/battle screen. Underexposed or side-by-side to yours.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

Quality of life improvements aren't necessary, but they're nice.  

slightly off topic but true none the less...

20 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

We don't need Paints.  We don't need Horns, engine noises, nor decors.

but we like them.

yes another inarguable fact..

That doesn't mean the majority of players like the co-drivers though...

There are many crossout players who don't even visit this forum so it's impossible to know for sure..

19 hours ago, lucashc90 said:

What if your current co-drive's portrait was diplayed next to yours in the player menu/battle screen. Underexposed or side-by-side to yours.

that sounds like it could work yes... 

Personally I thought that there were.............more relevant points that were made..

Mainly that the drivers or co-drivers are just a set of buffs for certain weapons, modules and movement parts....

My own opinion is that the implementation of it is the most pointless thing about the crossout game since a few balance tweeks, buffs and many nerfs are applied with almost every update...

From my perspective it's just a way of getting 1 over on much newer players since you will have better bonus stats with the weapons, modules and movement parts you choose..

The Irony of your comments is that the dev's may just choose the easiest options which you 2 gave... it would very likely mean there's less work for them to do..

Edited by HammeredByNature