ArmeniaX

New clan wars meta - lances? I'm taking a break

After the new cab Griffon is out and after all the weapon nerfs, I see new meta in Bronze/Silver CW, mainly melee builds running lances/firebugs/harvesters/sparks...

I am not telling that it doesn't require skills to play those weapons, but I am sure it requires less skills, and there is no fun, there is no strategy, there is no in battle planning, it is just rush and blow up everything, no kapkan will save you, not even a porc build spamming 3 porcs...

Because of this I am losing interest in doing CW, and consider taking a break from game...

What does everybody else think about this?

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

Personally I find CW the most boring part of the game, I would even say they are behind raids in that aspect

But that being said.. Those builds in CW were always a thing,  the thing is cannons reached a point where they outclassed basically everything else, so CW  was resumed to an overall 3 part party, cannons vs hovers vs melee.. 

The thing with the nerfs and Griffon is that now those builds can shine more again,  this game is not meant to be played intesively imho, there is just too little fresh stuff to keep it interesting, so taking a break from it every once in a while is a really good option 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

Who needs skill just pick up griffon lances and brainlessly drive into people to dominate

Not even going to start about annihilator....

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Lances have been around for a long time, back in the days when no oculus or verifier existed. The Solution is still the same -> Map awarness and a decloaker.

With griffon(s) you see 3-4 dots disappear, so you know whats going to happen and in most cases you will have an idea from where the attack is coming. Spray and delance with cannons or assembler.
Another tactic is just to use more spiders than hovers or more porcs :) Or you know make squishy fast grifon hovers and use the perk to your defense, they cant attack you if they can't see nor decloak you.

Adapt + Overcome ;)

Good luck

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 4

I guess there's always someone who runs suicide builds, personally ages ago i got annoyed because i was either half dead or merked...think of it as this, "there's always idiots and weak minded who play game styles like this to compensate for having small Johnsons" 

Not really seen them in Gold or Platinum a lot but know they exist...dw about it and keep rolling, you and i know it requires no skill. 

9 hours ago, ArmeniaX said:

After the new cab Griffon is out and after all the weapon nerfs, I see new meta in Bronze/Silver CW, mainly melee builds running lances/firebugs/harvesters/sparks...

I am not telling that it doesn't require skills to play those weapons, but I am sure it requires less skills, and there is no fun, there is no strategy, there is no in battle planning, it is just rush and blow up everything, no kapkan will save you, not even a porc build spamming 3 porcs...

Because of this I am losing interest in doing CW, and consider taking a break from game...

Take a break man. The uranium isn't worth the hair pulling at all for someone who doesn't run meta. Its Annihilators, lances, sparks, firebugs galore. The less money and players the game has, the more Targem has to pick up the slack to get it together. They could entirely fix CW balance within a week if they truly cared. The issue is that the devs don't care enough to pay attention to what changes they make to the game. They sabotaged their previous attempts to nerf dogs entirely. They sabotaged all their attempts to nerf hovers. They aren't adding any new maps to Clan Wars, or fixing any of the existing ones like Broken Arrow or Old Town.

If you really want some xxxx and giggles, throw a Skinner on a Scorpion/Pulsar hover and hang yourself somewhere unreachable to dogs. If the rest of your team does it, even better. If you get a second person to do this you can slap pure melee teams around quite a bit. I wish I had some gameplay clips of me doing that.

41 minutes ago, v3rgi1 said:

Lances have been around for a long time, back in the days when no oculus or verifier existed. The Solution is still the same -> Map awarness and a decloaker.

With griffon(s) you see 3-4 dots disappear, so you know whats going to happen and in most cases you will have an idea from where the attack is coming. Spray and delance with cannons or assembler.
Another tactic is just to use more spiders than hovers or more porcs :) Or you know make squishy fast grifon hovers and use the perk to your defense, they cant attack you if they can't see nor decloak you.

Adapt + Overcome ;)

Good luck

This guys a lancer btw, don't follow the advice of a fisherman when you are the fish.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, AFluffyBadger said:

This guys a lancer btw, don't follow the advice of a fisherman when you are the fish.

LOL first post in ages and already getting false hate again, crossout forums never change.....

Yes I was in PVP years ago (very rarely in CW and even then most of the times as single lancer not a full melee team, I actually hated it because you either do very well or completly mess up),anyway havent played lances in more than a year... But unlike others I don't call them skilless and still whine about them on forums ;)

Currently running Porc Hover, Reaper Spider or Typhoon Spider

Edit: Even the comparison is wrong, If I was a fish I'd be grateful to know the ways of the fisherman. So I can avoid them...  Know your foes.... :014:

Edited by v3rgi1
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Most tips here : run 2/3 relics to counter some garbage build that's worth 5k

Just wait for the end of the battlepass and everything will be "fine" again

10 minutes ago, Beni_Stingray1 said:

Not only cw 8k-15k on xbox is full of some sort of lance build, you can bet there are at least 2 if not more per enemy team.

That sounds like it was a couple months ago on PC.  Did it coincide with the Drone nerf (On Consoles)?  I see a lot more Tusk, and only Lancelots tacked on with other weapons like Remedies.  (9595 PS)

Edited by psiberzerker

19 hours ago, ArmeniaX said:

see new meta in Bronze/Silver CW, mainly melee builds running lances/firebugs/harvesters/sparks...

07B89120-B48D-45FB-AF1D-49AF6CD16790.jpg

Nothing new under the sun.

Here's a clip from a time when the Harvesters and Lances were even stronger than they are today:

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, ArmeniaX said:

lance builds have been around for ages and probably will continue, they had loads of nerfs but it obviously wasn't enough and griffin just made it i little bit harder to see them.

personally hasn't changed much for me since i don't have energy for verifier or radar, but getting laced before u can even play the round is scummy and boring.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, v3rgi1 said:

When you don't, you can always spam porsupine around right?

If people use Griffon like you mention, they are just lazy and it works, so why bother else. But Griffons can be used in advance right from spawn, they can stack them permanently and keep the anti-radar effect always on, and just use cover to appoarch the enemy team, only cloaking up when getting really close.

Sure it won't work in all maps, but it would work in most. It is very good cabin and it does have good limitations, like huge PS for PvP, and low mass limit for CW.

Kinda surprised people aren't running full Annihilator full griffon teams in CW. All you need to do is buzz around near enemy and spam your Griffon, drones, cloak and verifier.

9 hours ago, PurdooSix said:

When you don't, you can always spam porsupine around right?

If people use Griffon like you mention, they are just lazy and it works, so why bother else. But Griffons can be used in advance right from spawn, they can stack them permanently and keep the anti-radar effect always on, and just use cover to appoarch the enemy team, only cloaking up when getting really close.

Sure it won't work in all maps, but it would work in most. It is very good cabin and it does have good limitations, like huge PS for PvP, and low mass limit for CW.

Kinda surprised people aren't running full Annihilator full griffon teams in CW. All you need to do is buzz around near enemy and spam your Griffon, drones, cloak and verifier.

Remember when some builds had a single chord on them? Cloak spam and no verifiers / oculus were the reason.

We just went full circle, no porcs needed just 1 or 2 decloaker and something with high alpha or penetration to take out most lances.
Harvester is still garbage so if you're not a hover and thought about bringing a plow or other bumpers they are no problem.

:014:

Edited by v3rgi1

Exactly the way you wrote it.

I'm playing on PC and i can tell you it feels like this game is not a shooter game anymore, everybody is climbing into my face and not only in cw but everywhere.
Just look at the relic prices it speaks for itself. Porcupine and breakers are the most expensive weapons. Seriously what kind of skill do you need to use these weapons??...
Sniper and mid ranged weapons are only useable once you got a porcupine kapkan guy in your team.

So we are looking for a wealthy new clan member, requirements:

brain activity
3 porcupine
2 kapkan

@v3rgi1
I guess you are playing a spear build and recommending others to adapt, while you not understand the real problem.
They don't like this overwhelming melee thing around so they want a change, and don't want to adapt.
Players like me want to shot and want the opponent to shot back. 

1 hour ago, Dynnye said:

@v3rgi1
I guess you are playing a spear build and recommending others to adapt, while you not understand the real problem.
They don't like this overwhelming melee thing around so they want a change, and don't want to adapt.
Players like me want to shot and want the opponent to shot back. 

23 hours ago, v3rgi1 said:

Currently running Porc Hover, Reaper Spider or Typhoon Spider

:017:  Reading, it helps :004j:

I'm still running the Reaper Spider @Spedemix posted, it works well against melee even thought I know a Bastion Spider is way more tanky. But I like mobility and Kapkan + Cloak.
A clan Mate runs a Bastion Spider Reaper with additional meatgrinders. He can Tank 1-2 full lance builds easily.

Again, Adapt + Overcome.

Edited by v3rgi1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

LoL lancelots are a problem in CW? What low leagues are you playing in, does it give uranium? Like, wtf? Top leagues all have flame dogs, porc hovers, scorp hovers, retcher dogs, porc+anihilator hover spam etc. I jave seen maybe 2 full lancers last week in silver and they were very weak. 

Also:

12 hours ago, PurdooSix said:

But Griffons can be used in advance right from spawn, they can stack them permanently and keep the anti-radar effect always on, and just use cover to appoarch the enemy team, only cloaking up when getting really close.

No they can't just spam Griffon perks and be undetectes enemies CAN SEE BIG BLUE WAVE that is emitted when griffon activates perk so they can see you from behind cover (general are where you are). With high speed griffon lancers you can see them from even 100 meters (especially since you know direction because they spam BIG BLUE PULSES) and you can just shot them even with cannons, rockets, etc. to decloack them and then let kapkans do the work, if they don't have sparks they are done by now. Otherwise you must have some close range high dps build to take them down or delance them from afar. 

Full Lancelot teams are beyond trash right now, non viable in top 100 by any means. Unless they run at least a few sparks, even then lots of teama would be able to TANK all this lances and still be able to fight back (very tanky assembler hovers, mammoth spiders, reaper spiders etc.) and they would just have to finish cars with only sparks....

Melee is very META right now in CW but certainly not a full lancer or even (much stronger but still weak) spark lancer. 

Best meta right now in melee class is probably 2x fire bug + spark or sparkvester with few lances (4 to 6)

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Dynnye said:

Porcupine and breakers are the most expensive weapons. Seriously what kind of skill do you need to use these weapons??...

But breaker needs a buff! It should be unstrippable! 

And according to ZKWS being unstrippable and getting a damage buff on top of that instead of 200 extra dmg every 5 seconds is a nerf...