Undead_Artillery

What is strongest CW laviathan?

What type of leviathan is the best in CW?   

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which general type is strongest in your opinion?

• Melee only
    • Middle range only weapons (porcupines, retchers, plasma emitters, machineguns/miniguns etc.)
    • Long range only (rockets, cannons, scorpions etc.)
    • Mixed weapons but lots of long range
    • Mixed but lots of close range(including melee)
    • Mix of everything
  2. 2. What weapons strategy is best for Leviathans?

• Using only 1 or 2 types of forward facing weapon (like 11x cricket, or 10 Tsunamies, or 20 porcupines etc.)
    • Using rotating weapons like Mammoths, Pulsars, autocannons, scorpionsetc.
    • Using lots of drones, maybe together with some weapons or melee
    • Lots of artillery, aera control weapons (mandrakes, maybe with ratchers, porcupines, mines, incinerators etc.)
    • Mixing all together, but heavy on forward weapons
    • Mixing, but heavy on rotating turreted weapons
    • No idea, i will mox everthong up
  3. 3. Which would be strongest movement type

• Spider legs
    • Bigrams
    • Hovers
    • Wheels
    • Tracks
    • Sideway Goliaths as armour (on legs or bigrams)
  4. 4. Which weapon spam will be strongest

• Over 8 or more crickets/locust
    • 8 or more cannons
    • 8 or more anihilator maybe other drones
    • 8 or more scorpions
    • Lots of porcupines (it is possible to use even 22 lol)
    • 8 or more cannons (fixed and turreted)
    • Over 40 lancelots god save us all
    • Lots of flamethrowers, Spark, harvesters
    • Lots of mines, King, Kapkans,
    • Lots of mamdrakes (possible to use max 8 uh)
    • Lots of Retchers
    • Some other long range weapon(autocannons, miniguns etc.)
    • Some other close range weapon spam (shotguns, laser drills etc.)
    • No idea or some other thing
  5. 5. Will you (or try to) play as Leviathan in CW?

• Yes
    • No
    • I want to but clan will not let me
    • I want to but have no clan :(

So what are your thoughts? I am almost 80% sure that bigram+hover Griffon with 10 crickets/locusts (and support modules, engine, doppler, barrier etc.) will dominate CW. What do you guys think? 

20 Porcs - just fry their computer :005j:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I can't wait to see youtube videos featuring all this insane top clans doing all this crazy leviathans battle. I will try to record some of my clan battle but damn, i jist can't wait. Cheers

I voted Mixed, but heavy on Forward Facing weapons, because of parrying yourself.  That's what I call it, because Rapier.  1 Rapier is great (In a Duel) so rapiers akimbo should be even better, right?  Not if you parry yourself.  An 8 Turret Levi is probably only going to be able to bring all 8, let's say Mammoths to bear on 1 angle, anyway.  Any other angle, and at least 1 of the guns is going to block at least one other gun.

However, you have to cover your flanks, and rear.  I know, that's what you have team-mates for, but there's a very good chance that the leviathan is going to be the last thing to be destroyed.  So, you have to cover your flanks, and rear, just in case your team wipes.  

I'm thinking (Theorycraft) Executioners, and Mammoth.  Enough Executioners up front, and nothing survives that.  Mammoths can rotate, and have a whole lot of health.  Just not so many that they can't shoot around each other.

Edited by psiberzerker

To be fair I am not so sure about cannons being good on leviathans, cannons have TERRIBLE dps, they are very strong in peak a boo play style, but you can't hide huge levi behind cover go out shot and hide, well you can buy you will eat lots of damage on face. Very high dps weapons such as rockets are stronger options, cricketa for very long range and locust for medium and close.

Ofc it is good idea to be able to defend flanks somehow but I have no idea what weapon would be good for it, mammoths have such low dps that 2 of them will do nothing vs enemy leviathan, maybe retchers? But how to armour them, enemy scorpion hovers will snipe it in the first minute of match, i honestly have no idea how to defend flanks expect teammates.

To the option on poll: Mandrakes

Mandrakes are not a good option on leviathans. Leviathans don't shoot from behind cover. Mandrakes are good anti-leviathan weapons, though.

Curiousity setup:

20x Imps leviathan defending 3 double Mandrakes.

10 minutes ago, Undead_Artillery said:

Mammoths have such low dps that 2 of them will do nothing vs enemy leviathan.

Right, but you don't have to defend your flanks from the enemy leviathan.  That's what your main guns (Or whatever) are for.  You have to cover your flanks from Players, and 2 mammoths is enough Alpha damage to at least make a player feel it.  I was thinking more like 3 Mammoths, because they can be set up in a triangle, to cover both sides, and the rear.

Oh yeah, and Harpy, because weight isn't much of a restriction, but Ammo is.

Edited by psiberzerker

Go 9 Mammoths with Bigram on Harpy, Steppe spider or any heavy cabin. Whatever you prefer. Enjoy the mix of both punch and tank.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, *Jomar_SL said:

Go 9 Mammoths with Bigram on Harpy, Steppe spider or any heavy cabin. Whatever you prefer. Enjoy the mix of both punch and tank.

When answering the poll questions I was actually thinking of a 3x3 wall of Mammoths on legs.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Pandemic_Regent said:

When answering the poll questions I was actually thinking of a 3x3 wall of Mammoths on legs.

Don't forget at least 1 layer of Goliath :)

27 minutes ago, Pandemic_Regent said:

Peek a boo scorpion/assmbler hovers will just shot this levi and hide, while your levi will not be fast enough to retaliate, slow rotation of mammoths and slow projectile speen. I don't think this will be all that powerful

25 minutes ago, *Jomar_SL said:

Don't forget at least 1 layer of Goliath :)

If I'm going to be driving a Leviathan (I'm not, just theorycraft) I want to be going 120 Km/H.  Honestly, I want to be going faster than that, but I don't want to spend the Energy on all the Boosters it would take.  Personal preference, WHERE you put your castle is at least as important as how tough it is.  On Goliaths, I'd be too afraid of getting to the fight too late to help my team-mates.

Just because I have enough coins for 3 Legendaries, I'm tempted to buy a bunch of Skinners, Barrier Ix, and Stallions.  (Which would require selling Apollo, and 2 Reapers, which I'm not going to do.)  So, I can make a fast Tank to camp the Cap, and call it "No, You Move."

Edited by psiberzerker

Well from last Leviathan clan wars, I know that melee + boosters works great, because you can manually cloak. So griffon + lances + boosters would probably work great for taking out enemy leviathan in 1 hit, seen it work (it's seen on my old leviathan clan wars video).

However I think grenadiers, annihilators and barriers will be meta, where people just go and cap camp with the levi, they just put like 5-6 barriers on it and rest grenadiers or annihilators. I've seen 4x drone builds in clan wars and it's quite hard getting them out of cap, even without shields. If you go close, you'll disappear before you even get a shot off .. and leviathan can have more drones than 4 players all together.

However I think turreted weapons will also work fine, such as like 8 mammoths and couple barriers.

those who recommend griffon cab, don't forget that leviathan will auto-fire and pull you out of cloak on first sight of enemy, unless they will change that it will only fire if you press the button. this is why melee leviathan is only thing that would work with griffon.

I think heavy leviathans with humpback will be most effective, cuz they can do insane damage. Also meatgrinders will probably be good. legged leviathans will just get wedged, unless you have underslung weapons.

Will see, i'm looking forward for the levi clan wars :)

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, psiberzerker said:

If I'm going to be driving a Leviathan (I'm not, just theorycraft) I want to be going 120 Km/H.  Honestly, I want to be going faster than that, but I don't want to spend the Energy on all the Boosters it would take.  Personal preference, WHERE you put your castle is at least as important as how tough it is.  On Goliaths, I'd be too afraid of getting to the fight too late to help my team-mates.

Just because I have enough coins for 3 Legendaries, I'm tempted to buy a bunch of Skinners, Barrier Ix, and Stallions.  (Which would require selling Apollo, and 2 Reapers, which I'm not going to do.)  So, I can make a fast Tank to camp the Cap, and call it "No, You Move."

Are you doing cw?

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, *Jomar_SL said:

Are you doing cw?

Theorycraft.

No, we don't know what will be different after the changes.  All of this is educated (and ignorant) wild-assed guessing.  

Also, I was talking about Leviathans in general in the quoted excerpt.  

• Confused 1

I kinda wanna see a full Fatman + Colossus + Echo Levi just for the quick laugh.

Enemy team be like "lol, Fatmans'
*Levi goes full auto on them*

Edited by Clebardman
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Clebardman said:

I kinda wanna see a full Fatman + Colossus + Echo Levi just for the quick laugh.

Enemy team be like "lol, Fatmans'
*Levi goes full auto on them*

Can Leviathans use activatiable Cabins, like Echo, Favorite, and Blight?  I honestly don't know, they can use Aegis, and Chameleon, I've seen them do it.  Come to think of it, I've never seen one shooting Green Flame, but I can't be sure whether that's because whoever made it didn't give it Blight, or the AI didn't know how to use it.

Edited by psiberzerker

4 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

Theorycraft.

No, we don't know what will be different after the changes.  All of this is educated (and ignorant) wild-assed guessing.  

Also, I was talking about Leviathans in general in the quoted excerpt.  

Scrape together 4-500 coins and put together a Wasp monster on whatever you have available. Use white wheels if you have to. You don't want to miss out on this. If for nothing else, play for the 450 badges (5 wins) and maybe max your scraps. Buy a pack if you have to get the coins that way. If you weren't able to have fun, I will refund your pack.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

Can Leviathans use activatiable Cabins, like Echo, Favorite, and Blight?  I honestly don't know, they can use Aegis, and Chameleon, I've seen them do it.  Come to think of it, I've never seen one shooting Green Flame, but I can't be sure whether that's because whoever made it didn't give it Blight, or the AI didn't know how to use it.

A lot of modules and perks needs to be manually activated. I don't have a full list, but drones, shields, cloak and manual perks is there.

38 minutes ago, *Jomar_SL said:

Scrape together 4-500 coins and put together a Wasp monster on whatever you have available. Use white wheels if you have to. You don't want to miss out on this. If for nothing else, play for the 450 badges (5 wins) and maybe max your scraps. Buy a pack if you have to get the coins that way. If you weren't able to have fun, I will refund your pack.

No need for a refund, I'm already 5 Packs (Born Free, Corrida, Insomnia, Pestilence, and War) in.  I don't want to play the Leviathan.

65CD2556EC0CCFF4EE4CB9F522DEBF2F4630CE46

I want to Kill it.

• Upvote 1

People alread make crazy CW leviathans on exhibition, like 11 crickets, Aegis harpy hover, looks like normal CW hover (a little bit bigger) but has 4500 HP, train plows etc. 

Strongest I have seen so far was 10x Druzba and 6x Lacerator + 3 x tormentor, on Griffon and chameleon with 4x small tracks..... Damage was.... Lets just say that it destroyed bigram leg under 0.3 second and my entire leviathan under 4 seconds of contact.... I have no words, it shouldn't stack so much..... 4000 damage in 3 or 4 seconds is just...... 

• Haha 1

Is it weird to think that DPS weapons would dominate? Autocannons could chip away health from afar, Miniguns would join in at 500 Meters, Machineguns for less than 300 and point defense against drones, and helios for melting enemies at short ranges. I think turreted cannons would do great too. I don't think Crickets or Mandrakes would be very effective on Leviathans. AI only aims for cabins, so Scorpions wouldn't be as effective either.

• Confused 1