RoughMonkey

The new age of scoop builds is upon us.

The so called scoop fix is easily abused. Who would have guessed. :)

If you can get a part of your car above the build you are scooping then it counts your car as being on top instead of the bottom and the car your scooping takes damage instead of you.

LOL, great fix dev team. This is not a fix at all, this just makes it so people can make a new version of the scoop that also puts damage on the person you're scooping.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, SIGMA920 said:

It's not been implemented yet.

its on Xbox. We where testing it today.

Edited by RoughMonkey

9 minutes ago, RoughMonkey said:

Seems like only the damage for being overweight on your own or by loosing an engine made in into live or have you seen damage for movement parts because of wedging/lifting?

Edited by Beni_Stingray1

19 minutes ago, Beni_Stingray1 said:

Seems like only the damage for being overweight on your own or by loosing an engine made in into live or have you seen damage for movement parts because of wedging/lifting?

Yes it will bust your wheels off but it takes a long time. We where testing HUGH builds.

Also, as soon as you hit a build with a wedge your speed instantly goes down and you can not push the build in front of you. Even hover builds will stop you dead in your tracks.

It is noticed more if the build you hit is not moving.

You can even push dog builds with a hover build.

If the hover grabbers on the dog build is above the sides on the hover build then the hover build takes the damage instead of the build below it.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, RoughMonkey said:

It's not in xbox's patch notes.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, SIGMA920 said:

It's not in xbox's patch notes.

I'm telling you it is on Xbox. I dont care what the patch notes say.

Edited by RoughMonkey
  • Upvote 1

... Still wondering why they didn't simply give movement parts some active melee damage based on weight... Would be 10 times easier and safer, but ok.

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, RoughMonkey said:

Yes it will bust your wheels off but it takes a long time. We where testing HUGH builds.

Also, as soon as you hit a build with a wedge your speed instantly goes down and you can not push the build in front of you. Even hover builds will stop you dead in your tracks.

It is noticed more if the build you hit is not moving.

You can even push dog builds with a hover build.

If the hover grabbers on the dog build is above the sides on the hover build then the hover build takes the damage instead of the build below it.

Hm strange, i saw the video somewhere here on the forum with the hover and his engine mounted on a rift and how it takes damage when getting overweight but havent really noticed anything today tbh but thx.

Going to play now, well see ;)

37 minutes ago, Clebardman said:

... Still wondering why they didn't simply give movement parts some active melee damage based on weight... Would be 10 times easier and safer, but ok.

You could be lifted in a way that your movement parts can't touch anything if that's all they did. Think the giant carriers for raid trucks for a basic idea of the design.

5 minutes ago, SIGMA920 said:

You could be lifted in a way that your movement parts can't touch anything if that's all they did. Think the giant carriers for raid trucks for a basic idea of the design.

yeah, and yur movement parts can be rammed off. Still super easy to implement, tweak, and makes wedge that less sexy to play. Bonus point: you can make tracks more damaging that way, giving them an edge they currently lack.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Clebardman said:

yeah, and yur movement parts can be rammed off. Still super easy to implement, tweak, and makes wedge that less sexy to play.

Only when it comes to certain builds. Long and thin builds would still be defenseless against by the new breed of wedges while wider builds wouldn't. That's the main problem with that simple of a solution.

33 minutes ago, Clebardman said:

Bonus point: you can make tracks more damaging that way, giving them an edge they currently lack.

Tracks don't need any more edges than what they have now.

• Confused 1

Not sure what monkey's smoking but I can't see any changes. I've tried an overweight build and wedging that build without receiving any damage.

9 minutes ago, Bonkers247 said:

I've tried an overweight build and wedging that build without receiving any damage.

I think the only mechanis that works is if youre over your max weight on your own or when you loose an engine, then your movement parts start to take damage but as for wedging i havent seen it work and i cant reproduce it in testdrive.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RoughMonkey said:

The so called scoop fix is easily abused. Who would have guessed. :)

If you can get a part of your car above the build you are scooping then it counts your car as being on top instead of the bottom and the car your scooping takes damage instead of you.

LOL, great fix dev team. This is not a fix at all, this just makes it so people can make a new version of the scoop that also puts damage on the person you're scooping.

need a video...

1 hour ago, Beni_Stingray1 said:

and i cant reproduce it in testdrive.

You can test it in a custom match with a friend.

I will try to get some video later. Working now.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bonkers247 said:

Not sure what monkey's smoking but I can't see any changes. I've tried an overweight build and wedging that build without receiving any damage.

Currently crushing damage doesn’t seem to be applying? Not sure if bug or it’s simply not been applied yet like sigma is suggesting

Atm, from testing, crushing damage only seems to be apply if u load into the test drive while in the red or if you lose your engine

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, VileCrib_3 said:

Currently crushing damage doesn’t seem to be applying? Not sure if bug or it’s simply not been applied yet like sigma is suggesting

Atm, from testing, crushing damage only seems to be apply if u load into the test drive while in the red or if you lose your engine

we went into a custom match and drove a car on top of another car after shooting off the engine of that car. the damage increases with the car pressing down on the other car.

Also, we took a firebug build with hover grabbers and grabbed a hover. This hover started to take damage just from being grabbed. (at lest i dont remember shooting the engine out first)

Will have to test again when I get off work.

Edited by RoughMonkey

3 hours ago, RoughMonkey said:

You can test it in a custom match with a friend.

I will try to get some video later. Working now.

I tried a custom battle against a bot and wedging it had no affect on my build.

2 hours ago, VileCrib_3 said:

I tried that and nothing.

Edit. After more testing I accept I was wrong, bug's legit.

Edited by Bonkers247

10 hours ago, SIGMA920 said:

It's not been implemented yet.

Did you even test it? Its a shadow change, guess devs didnt want players to know they implemeted yet another bad change no one wanted

17 minutes ago, Bobbill12345 said:

Did you even test it? Its a shadow change, guess devs didnt want players to know they implemeted yet another bad change no one wanted

To humor you I just did, the result was there is no crushing damage yet.

1 minute ago, SIGMA920 said:

To humor you I just did, the result was there is no crushing damage yet.

Apparantly now being over mass limit breaks your movement parts, they definitly implemented something

13 minutes ago, Bobbill12345 said:

Apparantly now being over mass limit breaks your movement parts, they definitly implemented something

The over mass limit damage did sneak it's way into the patch/update. As a feature (I'm assuming it was.) it was was complete.

• Upvote 1