Sign in to follow this  
psiberzerker

Bot Slot (Idea)

We've basically got 2 slots in the Garage.  One for your car, and one for your Leviathan.  Also, since the Gronchmas event, we've been getting "Visitors" in our test area, including friend's rides, NPCs like Surtr to honk at for crafting Coupons, and seasonal Levis, like The Gronch.

So anyway, what I was thinking was that we could use a 3rd slot, with unlimited Parts (Meaning everything is unlocked, just for this account) so that we can create Bots to fight, upload to the Exhibition for the Devs to chose from, and also have free reign to try stuff before we buy stuff, but only in the Test Area.  

To limit this, you can't Test Drive it, yourself.  You can switch to your regular car, or Leviathan, and Test drive that, but the bot isn't a static target.  It drives around, on AI, and you can attack it (if you honk, it won't honk back, nor can you farm Resources from it like visitors) but at least you have something tougher, and more like PvP/Patrol to fight than the Engineer's technicals that spawn when you summon them.

maybe to limit this further, you'd only have access to the tier of parts that you've unlocked, and can fight in the regular Missions.  For instance, if you want to make a Goblin Bot, you have to at least craft, or buy 1 "Special" tier item, like a Generator.  To unlock Epics for your Bot builds, you'd have to have at least 1 Epic, and to fight Legendaries, you'd have to craft, or buy at least an Apollo.  (or whatever, but I don't see the point of having a Mammoth without the 16 Energy to really use it with some other stuff.)

Anyway, I'm open to ideas/suggestions, and feedback.  At this point it's just an idea...

• Upvote 4

I'm not sure about it. Having unlimited part to create a vehicle for the test area kind of ruin the pleasure of grinding the item yourself if you can already build with it. Devs can already pick vehicles for bots in the current exhibition. We can already try a weapon in this exhibition, it's enough to test it and keep the envy to grind it so you can build with it. It's like having everything unlocked in a creative mode, players could lose the interest of getting it in the normal mode.

Bots in the game aren't a end on themselves, they are here to complete a 8/8 game so we don't wait to much in queue, or they are here to train us until we can fight against players. The bots on our yard are to check out other's builds, to fight them, why not, but I think it's also for devs to give us some stuff like coupons, to promote a pack, sometimes with stickers (Catch ravager pack, war and love pack), to promote an event (Maja from founders, Sturff from doomsday)... Bot's purposes are limited because their IA will always be inferior and less funny than a player. They don't want to invest more than necessary on bots. Moreover it doesn't add to the game if players just spend time in their garage building with items they didn't buy in order to make vehicles that can't leave the garage anyway.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Charlie9204 said:

The bots on our yard are to check out other's builds, to fight them, why not, but I think it's also for devs to give us some stuff like coupons, to promote a pack, sometimes with stickers (Catch ravager pack, war and love pack), to promote an event (Maja from founders, Stuff from doomsday)

Honestly, this is what i want it for:  Something tougher than the Engineer's Technicals to fight in the Test Area, so I don't have to go into Bedlam picking a fight.  Another way to go about it would be when you Test your Leviathan, instead of driving it, it appears as an Active AI, while you drive/shoot with whatever's in your main Car Slot.  That way, at least we'd see our Levis in action, but they're talking about putting them in CW, and there's protest about that...

I just don't want to fight the 1-3 random friendbots, every 8 hours, when I really need to test my gun placement, body tilt, depression, elevation...  I can test the Handling, but I need a better active target than the engineer bots in the Test Area.  It would be nice if I could design it myself, for a consistent challenge/DPS.

O_O you pick fights in Bedlam ? it's a symbol of peace and you just break wonderful silent rules just to test your gear :o if there was a fainting smiley I would have used it !

Just use the shooting range or do a Patrol like a civilized Crossout player :D

But I agree that the PS bots in he Garage should at least scale to the current assembled PS build. That should be enough to train.

That's a suggestion to bring in the appropriate forum section, if it's not already there.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Charlie9204 said:

It's a symbol of peace and you just break wonderful silent rules just to test your gear.

The only rule is there are no rules.  

14 minutes ago, Charlie9204 said:

Just use the shooting range or do a Patrol like a civilized Crossout player

What exactly was it about the word "Bedlam" that suggested peace, harmony, and civilization?  What kind of anarchist are you?

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e475267d5313ccb45f1cb

PS bots in he Garage should at least scale to the current assembled PS build.

That's a suggestion to bring in the appropriate forum section, if it's not already there.

That's another way around it, and the Thanks trophy is for suggesting other workarounds.  The suggestion forums are like Abortion limbo, where discussions go to never be born in the first place.

Edited by psiberzerker

Well Bedlam is set as a "free for all" place, while players actually manage to find an united peace, hence the little beauty of the thing. If you pick a fight at least ask for volunteers. Anyway I'm pretty sure there's anytime some "cops" that will enjoy kicking your **** :D 

And the suggestion forum place is where discussion start and idea can be implemented, it's not here with some thanks trophy whatever that is, that you will get yourself heard.

I can check if this suggestion is up and create it, if you want.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Charlie9204 said:

If you pick a fight at least ask for volunteers.

Oh yeah.  I pick fights, I don't just run around ramming, and shooting people.

Also, tell that to the Scorpion Hover that was using Lunatic Parkour:

641DB92A80660B3EC87D8E7F750B6D208019CD12

For target practice.  Not that I'm complaining, it's Bedlam, and if I want to get up here:

78CF8EE9B0F421635DA8002AC3C2921D7D1BD929

I have to expect some pot-shots, but this isn't about Bediquette.  

• Upvote 1

You are going off topic.

Do you want to have PS scaling bots in the garage yes or no? If yes I'll check if the suggestion isn't already there and make it.

Where are your toxic posts monkey? :lol:

You better watch your tongue next time!!! Or you will be reported forever.

Edited by SpeedyGonzaleo
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Charlie9204 said:

Do you want to have PS scaling bots in the garage yes or no? 

Yes, that would be fine.

Sign in to follow this