Siberian_Jay3x6

Race car on some kind of budget, basics for us clueless ones.

13 hours ago, RoughMonkey said:

Pretty much if any build looks like a real car then you did something wrong.

I agree, however WHAT you got wrong is important, if you're going to make it a competitive Racer.

Basically, what we're talking about is Dead Weight.  Armor is useless in Race mode, because PvP damage is turned off.  So, whatever fenders, and what-not you put on to make it fancy are just dead weight.  Decor, are you farming Reputation, in race mode?  Maybe if you're going for the bare minimum 4th place, out of 6.  Otherwise, just dead weight, and that includes Horns.  I know, "Why so Serious" is only 6 Kilos, but it's 6 kilos you don't need, you shouldn't be taking your finger off the steering buttons to honk on your way bye anyway, and it all adds up. 

A light cabin, boosters, 4 movement parts (More than four drains power, and adds dead weight) and the bare minimum frames to hold them together is all you need.  If you don't need it, it's just dead weight. 

This:

95105DC4065ADF2072B7571B1FDFA27B0D9EAB60

Isn't an Art car.  It's not a PvP build, let alone a Clan Wars build.  It's mainly designed for the purpose of making turns without hitting the wall, and coming to a dead stop.  

It turns out that 2 Hermes is about as much as you need, at that mass, to maintain top speed without exploding.  The engine is optional, because TBPH, you get your power from Boosters, but I'm using Hot Red, because it drops the Top Speed of Cockpit down to 119 Km/H.  It only weighs 90 Kilos though, it adds Power I need, it doesn't replace a Booster, which I also need, and it helps me balance the build front/back, which is crucial for making that turn without hitting a wall, and coming to a dead stop.

That's it, it's actually really simple to say, but more difficult to put into practice: 

Cocpit, Boosters, Wheels or Hovers, and enough frames to hold them together.  If you go Hovers, you don't need the Carjack.  But, once you have a build, you still have to pass people, and maintain speed without hitting the ground and exploding, nor running into the wall, and coming to a dead stop.  If you can avoid flipping, that can cost you a lot of places, too.   

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

jeez psiberzerker, you really have no idea what youre talking about do you :facepalm:

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Bobbill12345 said:

jeez psiberzerker, you really have no idea what youre talking about do you?

When I'm literally agreeing with you, and Rough Monkey?

Okay, you really don't have anything else to say that isn't copypasted from somebody else, do you?  No wonder your n00bstomper builds are downloaded off the exhibition.

• Haha 1

Crossout-20200816190034.jpg

Last build and reply to this thread from me. Im starting to wipe off my posts, it'll take time but eventually it all will be erased, and i guess im then posting only,if anywhere, to "music while gaming" or what its name was. Well,who knows, maybe occasional "art " build  ( i mean nice ones )if theres someone posting a cool one to which i want to counter with mine. I'll be reading,but i hope i wont be posting any comments anymore.

So,its me trying to get away from this forum, as it seems i cant delete my profile or all the posts at one go.This aint fun no more, and i dont find much of topics i'd care for, its all seeming to go to winatall costs direction and theres like nobody anymore giving any thought to class and style so this is like clapping with one hand.  Thanks for the good times,you know who you are.

Edited by Siberian_Jay3x6
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

Crossout-20200816190034.jpg

Last build and reply to this thread from me. Im starting to wipe off my posts, it'll take time but eventually it all will be erased, and i guess im then posting only,if anywhere, to "music while gaming" or what its name was. Well,who knows, maybe occasional "art " build  ( i mean nice ones )if theres someone posting a cool one to which i want to counter with mine. I'll be reading,but i hope i wont be posting any comments anymore.

So,its me trying to get away from this forum, as it seems i cant delete my profile or all the posts at one go.This aint fun no more, and i dont find much of topics i'd care for, its all seeming to go to winatall costs direction and theres like nobody anymore giving any thought to class and style so this is like clapping with one hand.  Thanks for the good times,you know who you are.

Who needs forums, we will see each other in battle 

• Thanks 1

Im a bit late to the party but i hope i can contribute to some fun, all builds can be found on expo (i think).

Spoiler

screenshot-181025-210956.jpgscreenshot-190525-003448.jpgscreenshot-200319-173722(28 3 118).jpgscreenshot-200319-173704(38 3 132).jpgscreenshot-181225-003631.jpgscreenshot-181225-003641.jpgscreenshot-200319-202143(27 4 119).jpgscreenshot-200319-202156(39 4 134).jpgscreenshot-200320-232617(257 30 251).jpg

You can find all the details and other builds in my garage :)

• Upvote 1