Kope98

Forward mandrake

like sigma says it is not a bug, nor an exploit. It is a clever use of building mechanics. It is just like wedge builds and sideways hovers. If you want horizontal drakes gone you will first have to wait for the previous two to be patched out

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

Also, they’re not super OP. If you miss a shot with them at closer range (which isn’t terribly hard) you are vulnerable for the duration of their long reload.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

43 minutes ago, SIGMA920 said:

It's not a bug or an exploit.

15 minutes ago, Rukath said:

like sigma says it is not a bug, nor an exploit. It is a clever use of building mechanics. It is just like wedge builds and sideways hovers. If you want horizontal drakes gone you will first have to wait for the previous two to be patched out

If wedges are also a clever use of building mechanics why are they getting fixed?

It doesnt have to be an exploit to need fixing

15 minutes ago, Jiffy_boi said:

Also, they’re not super OP. If you miss a shot with them at closer range (which isn’t terribly hard) you are vulnerable for the duration of their long reload.

I know console doesnt have front drake spam, but on pc horizontal mandrakes are completely broken. They seem balanced alone because oh you can just flank them or whatever but then you realize there are 3 people protecting the mandrake build. By the time youve gotten to the mandrake its killed all of you. Mandrakes are supposed to be support builds yet in a horizontal mandrake team the rest of the team becomes the support

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

I still don’t see the problem. Why wouldn’t the team protect the heavy artillery?

The problem is, it easily avoids the weak point of horizontal mandrake builds and lets the mandrake just kill the entire enemy team without getting attacked

43 minutes ago, Bobbill12345 said:

The problem is, it easily avoids the weak point of horizontal mandrake builds and lets the mandrake just kill the entire enemy team without getting attacked

Well of course: if a team plays as a team properly they will win. What is the problem? 
I spent half of yesterday up against a group that focused on guarding their mandrake, and they deserved to win all those matches. If other members of my team realized what they were doing we could have dealt with them, but randoms against a good team will always lose.

1 hour ago, RoughMonkey said:

Frontal mandrakes are fine as is. They are high risk and high reward builds.

Go play top 60 (top 10 console equivalent) on pc for a few weeks and youll change your mind

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, poony4u2 said:

Well of course: if a team plays as a team properly they will win. What is the problem? 

Because theres nothing you can do to fight them? Name any other possible clanwars composition where if 1 build doesnt get hit its an instawin for their team because that build instantly takes out 25% of the enemy team

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

I spent half of yesterday up against a group that focused on guarding their mandrake, and they deserved to win all those matches. If other members of my team realized what they were doing we could have dealt with them, but randoms against a good team will always lose.

Thats why nobody cares about pvp its just a random quick match to test builds/warmup/farm resources

On CW's all you need to do with frontal drake is camp a corner and wait for the sacrificial pawn to peek and delete their craft with a single voley , like 183 aka deathstar in wot

So playing properly with frontal mandrakes is camping base waiting for someone on the other team to make the mistake of pushing...

And every clan got a couple of these (including mine) and its quite boring to play with/against these types of builds.

A quick hitbox fix will prevent mandrakes to be placed under meat grinders and make these crafts more balanced

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, h0zz said:

On CW's all you need to do with frontal drake is camp a corner and wait for the sacrificial pawn to peek and delete their craft with a single voley , like 183 aka deathstar in wot

So playing properly with frontal mandrakes is camping base waiting for someone on the other team to make the mistake of pushing...

Yep, its not like it takes a lot of effort for a team to play a front drake comp right

1 minute ago, h0zz said:

A quick hitbox fix will prevent mandrakes to be placed under meat grinders and make these crafts more balanced

Thatll be useless tbh, people will just use ml 200 mandrakes, plus the change could just cuck mandrake over in general

What it really needs is a distance/time based perk

2 hours ago, Bobbill12345 said:

If wedges are also a clever use of building mechanics why are they getting fixed?

It doesnt have to be an exploit to need fixing

I know console doesnt have front drake spam, but on pc horizontal mandrakes are completely broken. They seem balanced alone because oh you can just flank them or whatever but then you realize there are 3 people protecting the mandrake build. By the time youve gotten to the mandrake its killed all of you. Mandrakes are supposed to be support builds yet in a horizontal mandrake team the rest of the team becomes the support

Most likely because console can’t adjust shots quick like PC can.

2 hours ago, RoughMonkey said:

Frontal mandrakes are fine as is. They are high risk and high reward builds.

Lol. Theres no risk when paired with 2 peekaboo alpha strikes , and a porc with 2 kapkans, and they just camp.   

Doesnt matter if its an exploit, theyve berfed many things based on "stats" . Like the recent cyclone nerf outta no where.

Mandrakes should not do full damage unless certain distance is passed. That would fix it.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Bobbill12345 said:

Yep, its not like it takes a lot of effort for a team to play a front drake comp right

Thatll be useless tbh, people will just use ml 200 mandrakes, plus the change could just cuck mandrake over in general

What it really needs is a distance/time based perk

I don't think the mandrakes fit in-between frontal facing legs (even if they do the legs hitbox is super crap anyway and also needs fixing)

What i find broken is the fact you can't hit the mandrakes from the front and are forced to destroy the entire build

First match of this stream :crab:

1 hour ago, Bobbill12345 said:

Because theres nothing you can do to fight them? Name any other possible clanwars composition where if 1 build doesnt get hit its an instawin for their team because that build instantly takes out 25% of the enemy team

A good rush team wouldn’t have much trouble against that strategy, would they? Maybe it’s time to see if melee is as easy as you think?

Any weapon that needs a team to protect it is not OP.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, h0zz said:

Thats why nobody cares about pvp its just a random quick match to test builds/warmup/farm resources

And every clan got a couple of these (including mine) and its quite boring to play with/against these types of builds.

I think you just described why a lot of us don’t care about Clan Wars.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

I think you just described why a lot of us don’t care about Clan Wars.

The point is when you play CW's you have ranking rewards so you want to play the best you can

I get that casual players don't care if they perform poorly when they bring troll builds to missions

But the fact is that if anyone wants to play a coordinated and challenge match on Crossout , can only do that in CW's

Edited by h0zz

khajjit think they not problems cuz he does not see them much in battles. why is this problems to u? did you anger the devies in such manner that they make all battles ur in have the enemy team of forward mandrakes only? what did u do? khajiit recommends you say sorry to devies and they may protect you from mandrake meanies. :01414:

khajiit wishes u forward mandrake free healthy lifestyles.

• Haha 1

The last week with leviathan clan wars, where a horizontal drakes could just one shot a levi, confirms that horidrakes are not a problem

Ofc the low ps pvp players will also know that. they know everything in fact 

Edited by ZeusssS
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Bobbill12345 said:

I know console doesnt have front drake spam

You don't know.

But i agree that in random pvp they're not much of a problem, even if there are 2 on 1 team. Without coordination they're easy to get.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

As other said, if you are experienced, you know that mandrake need a fix. Its damage was adjusted according to limited angle of fire. Simple fix could be to allow to shoot any angle and lower the damage.

Let me mention the physically wrong behavior of the mandrake shells. It seems it heavily breaks physical laws. Trajectory is parabolic or ballistic, it is ok, but the time of travel is clearly wrong.