Kope98

Forward mandrake

I don't see a problem with forward mandrakes.  They are a threat for sure.  But lots of builds can 1v1 pwn their faces off. 

Mind you I actually defended that short moment where mandrakes had 15k hp.  So I don't know wtf I'm thinking... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tenshiijin said:

I don't see a problem with forward mandrakes.  They are a threat for sure.  But lots of builds can 1v1 pwn their faces off. 

Mind you I actually defended that short moment where mandrakes had 15k hp.  So I don't know wtf I'm thinking... 

Like... even a starter car with chameleon mk1 can win 1v1 vs mandrakes, they can't have radars all you need to do is cloak up drive behind them and shoot some parts...eZ

OP's need to start adding the tags [PC] and [CW] on their topics titles to be able to actually have thread without these types of comments...

A horizontal Mandrake is many times more effective than a normal Mandrake used in the way it is meant to be used and also is not completely helpless at close range. Anyone who tries to talk around it with muh "clever use of build mechanics" is just coping.

By the way, what is the difference between "exploit" and "clever use of game mechanics" exactly? Both terms refer to using something ingame to your advantage that wasn't meant or designed to be used like that .

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, _Lemmy44_ said:

A horizontal Mandrake is many times more effective than a normal Mandrake used in the way it is meant to be used and also is not completely helpless at close range. Anyone who tries to talk around it with muh "clever use of build mechanics" is just coping.

By the way, what is the difference between "exploit" and "clever use of game mechanics" exactly? Both terms refer to using something ingame to your advantage that wasn't meant or designed to be used like that .

Exactly, like when it was possible to shoot your own flying drones with spikes across the map , or flying by walking on top of a team mate + alot more stuff i don't recall

685792977_screenshot-200630-010532(16410

Like this is not an exploit , its just that the dev dude that makes hitboxes is really bad and can't really see much working on his raspberry with a 3" display

:my_precious:

forward drakes are comically overpowered. Last week they were literally competing with the leviathons, that's how strong they are.

How is a build that more often than not one hits the target (and dose it from cover) ok?

these "it's high risk high reward" or "its vulnerable when reloading" arguments are just comical. forward drakes can completely delete a melee build at point t blank range, go read the mandrakes item text then think about that.

A lot of teams are literally running 2 of these builds and camping with one on each corner at this point...

so many people xxxxx about clanwars meta being awfull, but mandrakes are the primary creator of this meta. If it cant quickly kill a mandrake then you just cant use it. So we have extreme melee spam or mandrake camp teams, not much else works.

The mandrake is going to have to be re-worked. It WILL get fixed, just takes the devs forever as allways. 

• Upvote 3

If a forward facing mandrake build can almost one shot leviathan builds then you should all see there's something wrong!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

me when i hear my ruskibros screaming "huzzzz rashhh madrogadaaaaaa"

3ab6fo.jpg

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, Kope98 said:

Fix your game ! 

Bare in mind that the mandrake does cost 8 energy per weapon..

If this exploit were to be made completely impossible then the mandrake would need a half decent buff as it is right now or at the very least cost 6 energy like the other turret cannons...

2 hours ago, gumaak__CG_ said:

As other said, if you are experienced, you know that mandrake need a fix. Its damage was adjusted according to limited angle of fire. Simple fix could be to allow to shoot any angle and lower the damage.

Let me mention the physically wrong behavior of the mandrake shells. It seems it heavily breaks physical laws. Trajectory is parabolic or ballistic, it is ok, but the time of travel is clearly wrong.

What your saying is absolutely true but then this game has never accurately imitated the laws the physics in the slightest...

It would be unfair to suddenly apply it to 1 weapon when this game is not realistic at all...

Should the laws of physics be applied to crafting which would severely limit our ability to be creative?

we would need a serious amount of knowledge on vehicular warfare and mechanics..

Would the power drain of a scorpion mean it only gets 1 shot and the ammo boxes would do nothing since apparently the amount of battery power required is apparently EXTREMELY HIGH..

The list of faults with Crossout when comparing it to the laws of physics is never ending and the genre of this game is not Simulation.... 

It is like wedge builds. Not a bug not an exploit. But if they are fixing the wedges than fix the forward mandrakes too.

• Upvote 1

This thread is a good example for the biggest problem we have on this forum. 

People with no interest in cw telling competitive players how something is a problem or not.

It annoys me when people form an opinion without even seeing the whole game. 

PC vs console doesn't matter here. Nearly every team in PS4 top ten has a comp with horidrake including mine. We play it because it's effective but no one likes that playstyle. I'm pretty sure other clans in top ten feel the same.

Edited by *IUM-235
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, *IUM-235 said:

Nearly every team in PS4 top ten has a comp with horidrake including mine. We play it because it's effective but no one likes that playstyle. I'm pretty sure other clans in top ten feel the same.

Its exactly the same on PC. Nobody likes using it, or playing against it (except maybe a few teams that arent competative without the drake). You just dont really have a choice.

Edited by jellymix

1 hour ago, Beni_Stingray1 said:

If a forward facing mandrake build can almost one shot leviathan builds then you should all see there's something wrong!

Hellloooouuuu

And thats the only one thing what it can.... The build is crappy and easily to destroy. 

Stop crying ladys

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Bobbill12345 said:

I know console doesnt have front drake spam, but on pc horizontal mandrakes are completely broken

It's been meta as long as PC. This is as dumb as people thinking you can't run sideways hovers on consoles. 

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Beni_Stingray1 said:

I'm not defending tilted Drakes, but that is just a subject to paper/rock/scissors. There's no problem building stronger levi's than that.

They may cut through wet paper Cricket leviathans, but not rocks.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I'm pretty sure the kind of levis Horidrake one-shots are the Hover Cricket levis. If Horidrakes really one-shotted all kinds of levis they'd be hands down the most popular builds in invasion. Well, they aren't. :)

I claim one of the reasons why Horidrake is so popular is due to the fact it is good at one-shotting hovercrafts. And we all know the competetive modes in the game tend revolve around how well your crafts can take out hovercrafts. That's why melees, lances and such are so popular.

There are builds which are capable of tanking a horidrake salvo and live to tell the tale. But that's pretty much the only thing they're good at in the current landscape:

Spoiler

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, *IUM-235 said:

People with no interest in cw telling competitive players how something is a problem or not.

If you actually look at the things these guys posts and seen their gameplay, it's obvious they want to be competitive but they can't because they suck. So instead of learning the game and get better, they whine about everything that people beat them with and claim they don't care about CW. They know if they enter CW, they will get stomped by even the lowest ranked teams. 

In other competitive games, devs balance the game by listening to their top 2% of players because those are the best competitive players that can figure out anything that can be used in a super effective way or exploit something broken. Then the rest of the player base follows or cry about "meta". But in this game, the devs listen to whoever cries the loudest. 

I'm sure the devs have never intended mandrakes shots to:

1. Hit its target in a fraction of a second since the projectile no longer has to travel up and fall down. Mandrakes are basically 5-shot burst cannons.

2. The projectile's accuracy is 5x better since it has to travel less distance and the spread is reduced. It was impossible 30% of your shots on a regular mandrake build, but you can hit all 10 shots with this one easily.

3. Instantly wipes out hover builds, dog builds, leviathans, etc... Even heavy spider builds can only take maybe 2 volleys.

4. Can shoot basically anywhere on the map while still be able to one shot anyone that gets close.

5. Render most positions behind cover useless. I don't understand how they allow this thing's projectile to fly as fast as cannons but has the parabolic curve of retchers while doing damage like porcs lol.

So there you have it folks. We have a meta build that is basically a 10-shot burst cannon build that can shoot porcs with 5x the explosion radius. Now, people have figured out how to make this thing move at 50 kph and turn on a dime. It can one shot you at 400m the same way it can one shot you at 4m. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, Spedemix said:

I claim one of the reasons why Horidrake is so popular is due to the fact it is good at one-shotting hovercrafts. And we all know the competetive modes in the game tend revolve around how well your crafts can take out hovercrafts. That's why melees, lances and such are so popular.

Bro...you've been saying hovers are a problem for years even when hovers weren't a problem. When spider tsunamis and wheel shotguns were meta, you were still crying about hovers. You have some good points but it's obvious you're extremely biased. 

11 minutes ago, Spedemix said:

The videos you posted are from over 6 months ago...that's several major updates ago. That mandrake build was bad, slow, and their team seems extremely uncoordinated. I'm sure you have plenty of footages where you got wrecked by mandrakes before you even got close, especially on bridge map. Do you see why people are calling you out for being extremely biased?

And I'm not sure why you even think this was to prove your point. Even your heavy spider build would've been destroyed or crippled if you took another volley from the mandrake. Or maybe you just wanted to show off the one build I said could take a volley from mandrakes. 

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, not_trisa133 said:

If you actually look at the things these guys posts and seen their gameplay, it's obvious they want to be competitive but they can't because they suck. So instead of learning the game and get better, they whine about everything that people beat them with and claim they don't care about CW. They know if they enter CW, they will get stomped by even the lowest ranked teams. 

Strange how it’s mostly the CW players constantly crying for things to be nerfed, while the rest of us are happy to adapt to challenges. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Horidrakes kill spiders and large tanky builds almost as easily as they kill hovers if we are being realistic. Yeah they don't onetap them like they do hovers, but spiders cant dodge the shots, and cant close the distance and kill the drake as easily.

I see a lot of people with the attitude that hovers are weak vs forward drakes, take something else. What's not weak against forward drakes? brakers/melee (providing the drake dosent just one-shot you point blank) wich is what many teams are resorting to to fight the drakes.

Yeah its hard for a forward drake to 1tap any Levi other than a cricket hover, but it's still going to slap a big one for 10k dmg easily. How many 10k hits is the big Levi taking before it gets to the fight?

I just cant understand anyone trying to defend these builds.

If you literally have to use "it cant onehit tank leviathons tho" as an argument for a build not being an issue then I dont know what to say.

Edited by jellymix
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, SIGMA920 said:

It's not a bug or an exploit.

if it was fully intended they would allow you to mount them horizontally in the first place..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, not_trisa133 said:

Bro...you've been saying hovers are a problem for years even when hovers weren't a problem. When spider tsunamis and wheel shotguns were meta, you were still crying about hovers. You have some good points but it's obvious you're extremely biased.

Uh-huh. So if the horidrakes really one-shot all types of levis why aren't they the no1 choice for invasions then? Why is the horidrake one of the more popular in the mode that uses a lot of hovers, including hover leviathans?

Maybe I am biased, maybe I am not. But you aren't really addressing my point here. :)

10 minutes ago, not_trisa133 said:

The videos you posted are from over 6 months ago...that's several major updates ago. That mandrake build was bad, slow, and their team seems extremely uncoordinated. I'm sure you have plenty of footages where you got wrecked by mandrakes before you even got close, especially on bridge map. Do you see why people are calling you out for being extremely biased?

Nothing has changed with the drakes, at best the build conventions have consolidated to the grinder models which are the snappiest to control and folks might have more fusioned drakes around. The difference in my builds is that they have more durability these days since some of the cabins have a -17% mass perk now and also I've improved the builds in general as the months go by.

If you look closely to the second video you'll see the drakeboi literally jumps down to 1v1 me. That means he really thought I'd be an easy prey for him. To me it looked a pretty coordinated move from him which unfortunately didn't go as he planned. It's funny you mention the bridge map as I now realize both of these clips are from that map.

Over at longer ranges you can mitigate the drake damage by changing direction as the volley exits the gun if you're not fast enough to fully dodge the salvo. Anyway the long range drake is the normal drake and as far as I've understood the real issue here is the point blank damage they deal. At longer range there is still the delay and the spread and the most likely reason why you got clapped is wither due to bad luck or that you didn't pay attention. Admittedly both have happened to me, even on a spider.

20 minutes ago, not_trisa133 said:

And I'm not sure why you even think this was to prove your point. Even your heavy spider build would've been destroyed or crippled if you took another volley from the mandrake. Or maybe you just wanted to show off the one build I said could take a volley from mandrakes.

The lighter spider probably would've been destroyed, that one is definitely weak enough not to survive a second volley. Good thing it's fast enough to run to safety before a second salvo is ready. :)

With the bigger spider the jury is out there, hmm, maybe I'll do some tests to see if the thing can survive two full volleys.

Nevertheless, the issue people are alluding to here is the horidrake has a high chance of one-shotting a build. Well my point here is that my builds definitely survive that. If I do tank a horidrake salvo and live to tell the tale, it means one of my teammates didn't get one-shotted by a drake with 100% certainty. And the drake isn't even aiming at something else which might get one-shot. In that window who knows what kind of havoc will they wreck upon their enemies. :)

• Confused 4
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Spedemix said:

Uh-huh. So if the horidrakes really one-shot all types of levis why aren't they the no1 choice for invasions then? Why is the horidrake one of the more popular in the mode that uses a lot of hovers, including hover leviathans?

WTF! dude, the more you try to justify yourself, the more biased you obviously are. This entire thread is about the massive issues FORWARD MANDRAKES. It's literally the name of the entire thread!!

Why aren't mandrakes being used in Invasion? Porcs and wedge builds kills them faster since it's a slow moving POS that's full of movement modules and the bots aren't trying to anticipate or dodge you like normal player would. 

7 minutes ago, Spedemix said:

Maybe I am biased, maybe I am not. But you aren't really addressing my point here. :)

I don't care about your point anymore. You literally just tried to switch the topic about your hover hate. Are you that blind to your bias? lmao

9 minutes ago, Spedemix said:

The lighter spider probably would've been destroyed, that one is definitely weak enough not to survive a second volley. Good thing it's fast enough to run to safety before a second salvo is ready. :)

With the bigger spider the jury is out there, hmm, maybe I'll do some tests to see if the thing can survive two full volleys.

Big or small, the explosion radius and fire will take off all your structure parts in 2 volleys and leave you a flaming cabin. I thought you were smarter than this. Isn't it obvious that it was the legs that stopped most of the damage from moving forward popping all your modules? Your legs and typhoon was almost destroyed after the first volley. 

Speaking of why mandrakes can't destroy spider builds in one volley. The legs hit boxes are broken and doesn't allow any damage to pass through between the legs despite the graphics showing the massive gaps. Nothing gets through, not even ballistics damage. Maybe we should nerf legs by fixing that issue. But something tells me Spedemix will probably won't like that.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 5

13 hours ago, Bobbill12345 said:

If wedges are also a clever use of building mechanics why are they getting fixed?

Because chameleon w+m1 is dogsh1t gameplay bobbii.

Why do you keep exposing yourself as absolute trash with trash tier taste in gameplay?

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, jellymix said:

If you literally have to use "it cant onehit tank leviathons tho" as an argument for a build not being an issue then I dont know what to say.

Nobody said that.