Kope98

Forward mandrake

3 minutes ago, not_trisa133 said:

WTF! dude, the more you try to justify yourself, the more biased you obviously are. This entire thread is about the massive issues FORWARD MANDRAKES. It's literally the name of the entire thread!!

Yes. And I just provided my own two cents on why the horidrakes are so ppopular.

1 minute ago, not_trisa133 said:

Why aren't mandrakes being used in Invasion? Porcs and wedge builds kills them faster since it's a slow moving POS that's full of movement modules and the bots aren't trying to anticipate or dodge you like normal player would. 

If the AI levis aren't trying to anticipate player movements doesn't that mean it'd be even easier to shoot them with horidrakes? :DD

Also, if porcs and wedge builds kill invasion levis faster, why aren't they used in CW then? Oh wait.. because hover leviathans! :DD

Hence horidrake it is then, whether we like it or not. And that actually strenghtens my original point of hovers playing a part in the popularity of horidrake. We don't really see hover levis in invasion, perhaps that's the reason why horidrakes aren't as much of a thing there.

7 minutes ago, not_trisa133 said:

I don't care about your point anymore. You literally just tried to switch the topic about your hover hate. Are you that blind to your bias? lmao

I find it funny you got triggered so hard about this comment. If you really wanted it to go away your best bet would be to just ignore it. But something tells me you're not here just to ignore points you disagree with. :)

9 minutes ago, not_trisa133 said:

Big or small, the explosion radius and fire will take off all your structure parts in 2 volleys and leave you a flaming cabin. I thought you were smarter than this. Isn't it obvious that it was the legs that stopped most of the damage from moving forward popping all your modules? Your legs and typhoon was almost destroyed after the first volley.

I already explained this point earlier:

25 minutes ago, Spedemix said:

Nevertheless, the issue people are alluding to here is the horidrake has a high chance of one-shotting a build. Well my point here is that my builds definitely survive that. If I do tank a horidrake salvo and live to tell the tale, it means one of my teammates didn't get one-shotted by a drake with 100% certainty. And the drake isn't even aiming at something else which might get one-shot. In that window who knows what kind of havoc will they wreck upon their enemies.

You see the one-shotting of a craft means an immediate elimination of a craft, thus halting your attack or at least putting a serious dampener on it. When a craft survives a horidrake salvo and keeps fighting, it's still a 4v4 scenario and the push can keep going. Well actually momentarily it's a 4v3 since the drake is now on a cooldown while your team is not. :)

10 minutes ago, not_trisa133 said:

Speaking of why mandrakes can't destroy spider builds in one volley. The legs hit boxes are broken and doesn't allow any damage to pass through between the legs despite the graphics showing the massive gaps. Nothing gets through, not even ballistics damage. Maybe we should nerf legs by fixing that issue. But something tells me Spedemix will probably won't like that.

I don't mind if the hitbox would get changed along with other changes like improving the physics and also making sure the hitbox actually reaches all the way to ground; it doesn't currently which is why things like porc shells rolling on the ground just go through 'em. I'm fully aware the ML-200 hitbox covers the entire movement range horizontally, I've even pointed that out in the leg megathread when other people said legs don't provide enough side protection.

Legs do have all kinds of weird stuff going on them, most of which are negative. The extra wide hitbox is one of the positives and I'm totally fine giving up one positive for bunch of negatives being fixed like the broken speedometer, lack of pushing power, no suspension and no hitbox on the bottom to name a few. :good:

However as long as the legs were close enough together they'd probably still block drake shells if those shells behave the same way as cannon shells and would detonate on the legs when the spaces between legs are less than 4 blocks. Thus on a second note I don't care! :DD

12 minutes ago, Spedemix said:

Yes. And I just provided my own two cents on why the horidrakes are so ppopular.

great, and I've provided, along with many others, objective reasons why it's OP and can one shot most builds and 2-shot yours. 

21 minutes ago, Spedemix said:

If the AI levis aren't trying to anticipate player movements doesn't that mean it'd be even easier to shoot them with horidrakes? :DD

Also, if porcs and wedge builds kill invasion levis faster, why aren't they used in CW then? Oh wait.. because hover leviathans! :DD

Invasion leviathans are full of movement modules just to block damage because all it needs to do is last the 3 mins or destroy the tower. The player has no control of it so the best way to build is a massive durable thing. The map also has almost no obstacles so size doesn't matter. The players has to destroy the leviathan to win. So if you have to destroy the leviathan to win, then you want someone to wedge it to render it harmless and porcs will do damage faster over time because of reload speed. And as you already know and admitted, legs and Goliath tracks are good at blocking forward mandrake shots.

Clan war leviathans are controllable and needs to actually move around the map. You don't want to build a slow massive thing that can't leave spawn point. You win by capping or destroying the other team. So obviously nobody is going to build something that has 30 legs and 20 Goliath tracks. 

I get it dude. You can't see past your bias. It's hard. I don't expect someone that can't play anything besides a spider cannon to be objective and figure out why certain builds are good at certain things. Try crying to someone else. Try actually understanding the game and maybe you'll win more.

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Lebensklinge said:

And thats the only one thing what it can.... The build is crappy and easily to destroy. 

1. (Find the post, it's in reference to drakes destroying hover Levi's but not big boys)

2 hours ago, *Jomar_SL said:

They may cut through wet paper Cricket leviathans, but not rocks.

2. Literally from you...

2 hours ago, Spedemix said:

I'm pretty sure the kind of levis Horidrake one-shots are the Hover Cricket levis. If Horidrakes really one-shotted all kinds of levis they'd be hands down the most popular builds in invasion.

Theres probably more, CBA re-reading everything.

15 hours ago, Bobbill12345 said:

If wedges are also a clever use of building mechanics why are they getting fixed?

It doesnt have to be an exploit to need fixing

Wedge exploit a broken part of the physics engine that renders you weightless after leaving the ground enough. Anyone can make a tilted build.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ZKWS said:

if it was fully intended they would allow you to mount them horizontally in the first place..

Spaced armor was not fully intended either, it's not being targeted by the devs or considered a bug.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Spedemix said:

Uh-huh. So if the horidrakes really one-shot all types of levis why aren't they the no1 choice for invasions then? Why is the horidrake one of the more popular in the mode that uses a lot of hovers, including hover leviathans?

I have used horizontal mandrake many times in invasion, it works just fine.

But the difference is, everybody is rushing for points and random spawn locations,  even you should know you cant compare cw to invasions

Edited by Babylonsburning

30 minutes ago, not_trisa133 said:

Invasion leviathans are full of movement modules just to block damage because all it needs to do is last the 3 mins or destroy the tower. The player has no control of it so the best way to build is a massive durable thing. The map also has almost no obstacles so size doesn't matter.

OK, these are fair points, especially the size and map constraints. Then again, it's the same with CW: Outlast or outgun the enemy.

33 minutes ago, not_trisa133 said:

Clan war leviathans are controllable and needs to actually move around the map. You don't want to build a slow massive thing that can't leave spawn point. You win by capping or destroying the other team. So obviously nobody is going to build something that has 30 legs and 20 Goliath tracks.

^^While this is a fair assement, it's not horidrake's fault Levi builds with 30 legs and 20 Goliath tracks don't fit into the CW maps. It's a problem with the maps and the acceleration in this game. The ned result is the same as with normal builds: You end up building something that's fast and maneuverable which often ends up being a hovercraft. So the other team runs a horidrake to improve their chances of instagibbing it.

I guess it merely highlights the fact slower heavier builds often tend to get the short end of the stick, levi or not. As we've established, these heavy builds can indeed tank some of the drake stuff. Too bad they don't seem to have place in the competetive scene otherwise. Hence the horidrake runs counter-free just like the melee does. :dntknw:

35 minutes ago, not_trisa133 said:

I get it dude. You can't see past your bias. It's hard. I don't expect someone that can't play anything besides a spider cannon to be objective and figure out why certain builds are good at certain things. Try crying to someone else. Try actually understanding the game and maybe you'll win more.

giphy.gif

And here I thought I was trying to shine a light on why the horidrakes are popular. What I said might not be the only reason but it could definitely be one of the reasons.

Let's try it one more time: I believe one of the reasons why horidrake is popular is because it has a high chance of instagibbing hovers and lighter wheeled builds. Well, which types of builds are the most popular in CW? Oh right, hovers and lighter wheeled builds. Figures. :)

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Babylonsburning said:

even you should know you cant compare cw to invasions

Both have leviathans. But OK then. :dntknw:

• Sad 2

35 minutes ago, jellymix said:

2. Literally from you...

No. Read again, slower this time.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, *Jomar_SL said:

No. Read again, slower this time.

I'm just going to ignore you instaid.

No point arguing with someon whose only arguments are smug and ambiguous passive aggressive comments. 

Carry on trying to target miniscule mostly irrelevant parts of peoples arguments and somehow thinking that actualy effects the point in any way.

Also, you basically missed the entire point of the one part of my post you decided to single out...

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, jellymix said:

I'm just going to ignore you instaid.

No point arguing with someon whose only arguments are smug and ambiguous passive aggressive comments. 

Carry on trying to target miniscule mostly irrelevant parts of peoples arguments and somehow thinking that actualy effects the point in any way.

Also, you basically missed the entire point of the one part of my post you decided to single out...

What was the first thing I said in my initial post? Hm? I said I'm not defending tilted Drakes. You prefer me going agressive on you instead of telling you misread the post?

Carry on using ridicilous examples, as if killing a leviathan not buildt to tank is an achievement. Also keep misusing quotes to fabricate opinions and meanings as if that helps in any way.

Well, I answered to the part where you were pointing at me, didn't I? The rest is well enough answered by others, and I'm not a choir boy.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, RoughMonkey said:

Nuff said.

That's like saying you heard some people talking about them, when said person history looks like this

dKYQ4t.jpg

#neverbelieve

Edited by h0zz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Spedemix said:

Both have leviathans. But OK then. :dntknw:

Comparing a bot controlled leviathan with CW player controller leviathan. A 4v1 vs a 4v4. A 2/3 match vs win all 3 match. Sure, Spedemix, they're all the same!! lmao!!

Yeah, you are literally the definition of bias. Thanks for proving me, and everyone else, right. In this forum, we should always replace the word "bias" with "Spedemix" from now on. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

54 minutes ago, not_trisa133 said:

In this forum, we should always replace the word "bias" with "Spedemix" from now on. 

+1

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, RoughMonkey said:

Nuff said.

At one point in the game it was also praised by the devs to build the rapid fire hurricane ufo cars. But guess what happened

Boosters now have fuel limits, and the cheetah no longer affects reload.

Scorpions also operated as intended vs frames , then one day after a specific porcupine wheel build user that also youtubes started crying about his precious build being framed, they got nerfed too. Even though for 2 years it was working as intended.

So dont hold too much praise in a single dev post. Tomorrow tows will get nerfed or something anyways.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SIGMA920 said:

Spaced armor was not fully intended either, it's not being targeted by the devs or considered a bug.

But does that make it ok?

32 minutes ago, Jiffy_boi said:

But does that make it ok?

Yes, game do not always follow the developer's idea. That's not a massive issue in the vast majority of cases because it enhances gameplay.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SIGMA920 said:

Yes, game do not always follow the developer's idea. That's not a massive issue in the vast majority of cases because it enhances gameplay.

I partialy agree with that statement.

I think it would be the easiest and coolest way to balance this by simply buffing all movement parts, frames, structure parts and maybe all other weapons to match the horizontal mandrakes might.

Lets not make the game even more boring by just applying the nerf hammer again.

Alternatively there could be a two energy module that reduces dmg from mandrakes by 75% for up to three allies within 300m.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, SIGMA920 said:

No... If you could mount mandrakes sideways they would be entirely op.  The front mandrakes presently lack maneuverability and have super soft explodey exposed bottoms.   If I could just mount them sideways then I could drive around at 100km and shoot a foot in front of me.  Effectively letting me pwn eeeeeveryone. 

You lack logic sir.  Go home.  Your always drunk. 

15 hours ago, SIGMA920 said:

Incorrect.  Spaced armour has since received a nerf.  It is still effective(more so than I thought after nerf), but it is still no where near what it used to be. 

Gl trying to figure out what the spaced armour nerfs were.  There were a couple things devs did. 

Perhaps refer to tree burgers channel.  He did a whole segment about one of the nerfs. 

Edited by tenshiijin

9 hours ago, tenshiijin said:

Incorrect.  Spaced armour has since received a nerf.  It is still effective(more so than I thought after nerf), but it is still no where near what it used to be. 

Gl trying to figure out what the spaced armour nerfs were.  There were a couple things devs did. 

Perhaps refer to tree burgers channel.  He did a whole segment about one of the nerfs. 

Of the nerfs spaced armor received, it still is very effective at it's job. Spaced armor's job is to limit damage by prematurely detonating projectiles and dying in the process, that still works very well even with the explosion changes and enhanced armor penetration.

On 7/15/2020 at 1:04 AM, ZeusssS said:

Ofc the low ps pvp players will also know that. they know everything in fact 

Ikr lol

Why do people playing random builds in 3k ps pvp always go like oh this high ps cw build is perfectly balanced

On 7/14/2020 at 8:49 PM, Jiffy_boi said:

Most likely because console can’t adjust shots quick like PC can.

TBH i think it is because console players havent realized the potential yet

Everyone thought front drake was a joke on PC until mut3 clan pushed rank 1 with a front drake (currently on pc the same clan is top literally every week because they run 3 squads every session so making rank 1 is a massive acheivement)