mikesaski

Low PS in clan battles?

Hello!

A simple question about clan battles. Maybe two.

I play this game for like three years now, but never was interested in the endgame - never felt the need to go over 8k ps or work towards legendary parts. My best cars (as in "most fun for me") range from 1,5k to 6,5k. My most advanced parts are the 4 energy gen (Apollo?) and... uhm... Orange autocannon, forgot the name lol. I play a lot, few hours a day, I'm decent at fighting and driving I guess but overall wouldn't call myself a pro, it's casual all the way.

Recently a clan found me out and they're trying hard to recruit me. Happens from time to time. Maybe this time I'll check it out. My question is:

- could a player like me be of any help to a clan? 

- given that a clan is laid back, is it possible to fight without a schedule of sorts? I mean - four of us happen to be online at the same time, all not toxicated too much so we decide to play; versus "clan battles are at this times, if you don't show up you and your team misses out", so you don't want this, you end up following a schedule, game becomes work, you hate the game, move on to play some singleplayer title while sobbing and eating chocolate?

• Thanks 2

I think the best thing for you to do, to answer the question is testdrive a build on the exibition, like a typhoon build, and smack your own car with it. Then ask yourself what would happen if 4 guys did that at once.

Thats pretty much clan wars, coordinated pvp with no restrictions

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

You can try you have nothing to lose, at least you can collect scrap metal. but a 6.5k vehicle dies as fast as a bot 

I'd say you need to have a min ps of around 12k for cw.  

If you have an apollo and a cyclone that's a good start.  Two cyclones(legendary autocannon) is enough to get you out of rust league.   Make sure to stock up on a support module or two as well.   If your just starting out in a freshly made clan you def have enough gear. 

If you were joining a diamond clan you would probably drag them down a good bit until you freshened up to the different environment...or never improved and failed... Lol. 

Double and triple cyclones are seen up to diamond league.  But they are at a serious disadvantage to getting stripped by A. Breakers(most common cw wep)  B. Scorps(also rather preveleny in cw).  So be careful out there with those gunz.

7 hours ago, Babylonsburning said:

I think the best thing for you to do, to answer the question is testdrive a build on the exibition, like a typhoon build, and smack your own car with it. Then ask yourself what would happen if 4 guys did that at once.

Thats pretty much clan wars, coordinated pvp with no restrictions

Never seen four typhoon builds in all my days on one team in cw.  Three yes, but it's rather a rare encounter..  Four?...an impossibly rare sight. 

2 hours ago, tenshiijin said:

Never seen four typhoon builds in all my days on one team in cw.  Three yes, but it's rather a rare encounter..  Four?...an impossibly rare sight. 

Agreed its rarer now, spider typhoons were 4 man strong on og typhoons though :p

I think there should be different PS tiers between CW's ranking system. Maybe something Like 2 leagues where one is 1k to 9k PS and the other is 9k PS and above.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Babylonsburning said:

Agreed its rarer now, spider typhoons were 4 man strong on og typhoons though :p

True when spider canons still existed u did see four man cannon teams. 

4 hours ago, lucashc90 said:

I think there should be different PS tiers between CW's ranking system. Maybe something Like 2 leagues where one is 1k to 9k PS and the other is 9k PS and above.

Bad idea.  Enter twinks. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, lucashc90 said:

Give better rewards to sub uranium and it will sort itself out. Move batteries from missions, for instance.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Since everyone is getting both upvotes and "cryvotes", I think we will not get into an agreement anytime soon.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, tenshiijin said:

Why make resources harder to get?

No. 

Coz then the value rises and it's worth grinding. Atm batteries are so lacking in value, I don't know if it's even worth doing the weekly badges with them.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, *Jomar_SL said:

Coz then the value rises and it's worth grinding. Atm batteries are so lacking in value, I don't know if it's even worth doing the weekly badges with them.

Too restrictive for the comunity and casual players.  It really restricts their ability to craft.  I don't play batteries to sell them.  I play them to craft or complete quests.  Your suggestion is fairly greedy and short sighted.  You can make cash off other resources. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, tenshiijin said:

Too restrictive for the comunity and casual players.  It really restricts their ability to craft.  I don't play batteries to sell them.  I play them to craft or complete quests.  Your suggestion is fairly greedy and short sighted.  You can make cash off other resources. 

I'm not exactly struggling to earn uranium. Batteries would be for sub uranium leagues. This would make cw interesting for far more clans, easing the transition from arcade to competitive game. More points would be generated, so more clans would earn uranium too. I would actually lose on this, since uranium prices would be lowered as result. You can still trade batteries for badges, so playing cw is not needed, or farm wires/scraps and exchange on the market. The latter atm being the more effective way to do it anyway, coz batteries has a broken low value. And I've not even mentioned the amount of batteries rewarded each battle in cw, which is easily adjustable. How am I greedy?

Epics is in many ways the main rarity in this game. Also it is not very hard to reach the point where you could build competitive epic builds. It makes sense to make this the intended entry point to cw.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

So you are suggesting a ps limited clan wars?

It sounds like something i'd be interested in.  You know, like someone sait it might be to 9000ps, and thats quite good. 

And a bit better resource rewards than in normal pvp, but lesser than in the actual totally unlimited clan wars. I myself would also settle for normal raid/pvp resourse prizes if theres also unique parts and stickers you cant sell, as rewards but they eed tobe good, showing its from warfare in the kindergarten clans, not some ducks and balloons.

+1

Edited by Siberian_Jay3x6
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/16/2020 at 2:28 AM, lucashc90 said:

+ 1 Totally agree

I play on PC and my bloke now is on PS4, we play CW's and although it doesn't bother us much i totally agree with this so as to allow others lower to:

A: Give it a go, maybe lower ps get's Uranium but at a slower rate

B: Most importantly, gives EVERYONE a taste to see IF they might upgrade,try harder,spend..hmm, a general gist of what is how it is.

C: WE, well me personally and several others would LOVE to see more people enjoy Clan #Wars, i'm in top 10 PC, (3rd currently every week) and my other half doesn't play hardcore anymore because or Marine life so helps on PS4 to develop and generally wants to get decent folk into it and wants them to be viable...he maybe a nightmare and kills sxxx BUT he likes to get people in to experience it and earn Uranium.

D: Lower the Uranium in lower rank and allow all to participate 

Edited by ZeroFkz86
D: to explain more
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1