Chevypimp

Clash of engineers

Clash of engineers is broken only saw the same 40 maybe 50 builds from day one when voting started many more people submitted builds that I know of and none were seen

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

I agree. The 3 winners on pc all look exactly the same lol. On console they look like the pc ones but have little starting lines.

Needs a better voting system for sure

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

The voting page is terribly designed.

• only shows 3 random submission, no one has the time to browse through 100s of builds 3 at a time.
  • no going back to previous page. If you miss voting a good build, good luck seeing it again.
  • same builds repeatedly shown even after an hour of browsing
  • if your submission rarely shows up, it don't matter how much effort you put into it. Winning is mostly by luck.

I secretly think this is deliberate and that there's algorithm that put past prize winners into a disadvantage to give new contestant a chance at winning.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Doctor_Dentist said:

I secretly think this is deliberate and that there's algorithm that put past prize winners into a disadvantage to give new contestant a chance at winning.

Same guy was in top 3 last 2 contests. The system is completely broken, either your build shows up 50 times or it doesn't show up at all. Someone in chat mentioned that 1st place is always a Russian player on PS4, even if the build isn't that good at all. Very curious considering we have GMs in certain clans..

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, xXMrSkeletonXx said:

Same guy was in top 3 last 2 contests. The system is completely broken, either your build shows up 50 times or it doesn't show up at all. Someone in chat mentioned that 1st place is always a Russian player on PS4, even if the build isn't that good at all. Very curious considering we have GMs in certain clans..

I won one time with a space shuttle on a truck. I'm not russian or friends with GMs. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Babylonsburning said:

I agree. The 3 winners on pc all look exactly the same lol. On console they look like the pc ones but have little starting lines.

Needs a better voting system for sure

Better voting system is needed, yes, but i think the 1st placed on ps4 was well deserved, gg.

4 hours ago, fftunes4real said:

Better voting system is needed, yes, but i think the 1st placed on ps4 was well deserved, gg.

I disagree. There was one where a guy made an entire race track with little cars on it that was really cool, literally a whole track

There was one that had a garage and pit stop with very detailed machines 

Also one race car that was very scaled, not using a cab as a cab, clean build. .

3 cars side by side isnt that unique to me

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Babylonsburning said:

There was one where a guy made an entire race track with little cars on it that was really cool, literally a whole track.

Yeah, I voted for one of those.  IDK if it was the original, but I tried to vote for the best one.

Also, the garage Leviathans, with a car up on Jacks, and shelves full of parts around them?  I voted for a lot of those, too.

I still think the main problem is anyone can Download Blueprints, slap FRX on the front when they change the name, and submit it as their own work.

In a word, Plagiarism.  I'm getting to the point where I want them to remove the Download feature from Exhibition entirely, so players have to design their won builds.  This is why we can't have nice things.

20 hours ago, Doctor_Dentist said:

The voting page is terribly designed.

• only shows 3 random submission, no one has the time to browse through 100s of builds 3 at a time.
  • no going back to previous page. If you miss voting a good build, good luck seeing it again.
  • same builds repeatedly shown even after an hour of browsing
  • if your submission rarely shows up, it don't matter how much effort you put into it. Winning is mostly by luck.

During a Christmas, me and a friend tried to find his build.

He found his own build after, NO JOKE, THIRTY MINUTES SCROLLING PAGE AFTER PAGE. He said one specific build he saw at least 27 times.

I spent at least 40 minutes scrolling and never got to see his build, but I have seen the same 3 builds 23, 17 and 15 times each. ITS MADNESS!

• Thanks 1

This was my F1 car that made it only to place 29.

I had a unique idea using the backwards cabin as a design element, the proportions are right (always difficult with the wheel size) and lots of detail work in the right places. I used one of those flasher lamps as a steering wheel for example.

I don't want to sound like a d*** but while I was browsing the competition I couldn't find 28 builds that were better than mine. 

Voting system is just pure luck and it's a miracle to me how I could win one time with my space shuttle.

20200718_012005.jpg

20200718_012241.jpg

Edited by *IUM-235
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Babylonsburning said:

I disagree.

Well it's the best i seen, so yeah, as i said. Voting system needs a change. Should be a regular list like the normal exhibition.

Edited by fftunes4real
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

I didn't win anything:

3BBCA7BB54A23EF8183CBC5F946A1EB0EA4DFB95

I didn't really expect to.

Thats more like car i was kinda expecting to see instead of formula type of racers, as yours screams wastelands.

Then again, if they asked to build just a race car  i get it,somehow. And the winners are darn well made but many look so similar when paired with others.

This one, from the ones who made it to finals, was my favorite:

3_FRX-RX7.jpg

Edited by Siberian_Jay3x6

1 hour ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

3_FRX-RX7.jpg

Yup, hardly a F1 car...

• Upvote 2

All they need is a build counter.  You only see a build once.  They should also add two tabs to clash of engineers.  One tab is all the builds you've seen.  Another tab is all the builds youve voted for.  This way if you accidentally pass a build, or decide one you skipped over is vote worthy, you can change Things.  Also you can unlike vehicles if there is a tab of all the vehicles you voted for. 

I think fixing CoE displays is a good priority.  Because atm voting system is pretty garbage. It's a fun thing that deserves some focus as this is very much a building game too.  Some days I build more than I PvP.  Also new competitions every week would be nice. 

Edited by tenshiijin
  • Upvote 1

Clash of engineers spreads across multiple timezones most don't get to vote before the only fifty builds you get to see have been voted for

On 7/22/2020 at 12:35 AM, Chevypimp said:

Clash of engineers spreads across multiple timezones most don't get to vote before the only fifty builds you get to see have been voted for

I was thinking the system did this.  The more votes the more it shows up kind of thing.   Which is not a good system at all.  Everyone should get a chance to see all the builds equally.  Not just leftover voted for builds.