[Developer blog] Crossout development: how balance changes are made

Woodyrojo

On 7/16/2020 at 9:45 AM, Waughan27131 said:

And then like my battles during morning...I used 2 Whirlwinds and 1 Whirl with 12,7k PS spider. According to crossoutstats, I outdmged the average damage with both. But mostly, these guns are use as duo or triplet (2 or 3 weapons on one build). That leads into average damage which should be hard to get with 2 guns and easier to get with 3.

Are AC overpowered? Or they were just used by a player who knows how to use them? 109070293_773622396714973_41713197881814

There are other things which you should consider for ballancing: overall satistics of weapons, their efficiency, gameplay experience, how often they are in battles, actual skill of players, weapon idea...

Don't forget that battles are 8v8. That means that one player can't win any game alone. Winrate is based more on teamplay, not on weapons of choice...

the reason why ac72 have big avg dmg is because most of that dmg comes of sniping bots on long range - they dont hide and are tanky , you can do 250/300 dmg to them per 3 bullets(3xac) on high range and they basicaly dont move so its ez to hit them,

9 minutes ago, alpha1q said:

the reason why ac72 have big avg dmg is because most of that dmg comes of sniping bots on long range - they dont hide and are tanky , you can do 250/300 dmg to them per 3 bullets(3xac) on high range and they basicaly dont move so its ez to hit them,

Yeah, they're actually really good for raids if you have the Energy.  Especially if you're any good at milking Steel Cradle (Clearing all the Waves before going from objective to objective to max out your points) at long range.  4 Storms can out-perform 3 Whirlwinds, but then you don't have the Energy left over for stuff like a good Radar Detector, or Engine.  (You can use Hot Red, and keen for that, just farming Steel Cradles.)  Also, you need an Apollo for that, which raises your Power Score, and enemy Scaling, but if you're good at avoiding you, they can't shoot back, and you have to deal more damage, which means more Points per litre of Fuel.  

increase all movement speed +30% wheel around 160km/h, leg speed about 70km/h 
except hover

Edited by TaxioN
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Why in the world would you buff the publishers the way that you did!?! They are insanely overpowered and are being used by every team I face now. Really is ridiculous that you went to this level. Grats on completely screwimg up everything all over again. Such a joke I feel another break coming. Thanks I needed it.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I respect your criteria to evaluate the effectiveness of the pieces.

But for me, one of the factors that most influence the success of a battle is the organization of the teams and in that I have seen absolutely no concern on your part.
99% of the time I play as a Solo player and each and every one of my battles is a lottery of how my teammates, my bots and those of the enemies will behave. Most of the time I know the end result of the battle from the beginning.
My point is:
1 Many battles start out unbalanced pitting disorganized and inexperienced people against well coordinated teams.
If you are tempted to tell me then try playing with friends to counteract that, I will answer that I don't want to do it and that if you want that you should ban solo play.
2 Can you tell me: "and what can we do with that?" I will answer that at least let me see who and how many are coordinated forming a platoon to give me a minimum chance of preparing a strategy.
3 You can tell me that the MM tries to put squad against squad and the rest of the places are filled with Solo players. But that's not enough because there are bad and good squads, you should take the win rate into account as well. You do?

4 A completely separate issue is the behavior of the bots that ranges from shouting Banzai and going against the entire enemy team dying in the second 5, staring at a wall the complete battle until they come organized as a platoon and devastate you with cannon shots or chase you around the map like you owe them money.
I have come to think that when you are on a winning streak, one of the elements that MM uses to make you lose is the behavior of the bots.

Ultimately, this could take too long. You would leave me happy if you only told me the squads that are in the battle, it is just a graphic detail next to the name of each player.

Edited by lamanu

Why all cabins with -17% mass reduction perk are affected by bug since battle pass 1?

This is BIG PROBLEM.

Why dont you guys let all players freely access your godly balance statistics?

• Thanks 1

On 7/20/2020 at 7:24 PM, riccardo45782 said:

When are u nerfing horizontal mandrake?

Forward facing mandrake fix?

Don't think an artillery weapon meant for team support should be turned into a "1 shot, 1 kill Cannon". 

Also aim assist on console is killing the game. There is soooo many options in aim assist settings it basically turns your aim to God tier(aimbot). Nobody should be able to track me while I'm cloaked from across the map.  I get aim assist is here for people with disabilities and such but this elaborate settings your have for aim assist needs to go...ASAP.

Edited by MAMMOTHG0D
More news

• 1 month later...

Hello I have been playing Crossout on the xbox for 3 years now and I really like to play breaker but I have to say that the ratio of 6 bigfoot to a hoover is out of proportion.  please change the hoover play.  It cannot be that with a Bigfoot vehicle with 100 kmh you cannot get a hoover with 75 kmh backwards in the cw, this is very often exploited

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, ShadowNeo29 said:

why did you ruin the market ?

Because they wanted to reduce fraud and they tried a solution and it's not perfect yet. They also said in some FAQ or the last garage 2.0 video if I don't mistaken that they'll work to improve it.

1 hour ago, Fontschoice said:

It's time to talk about how we  make balance changes  to  Crossout  to getting the  changes . THANKS TO GIVE ME INFO ABOU THIS. look at this site

What this link about some headphones has to have with that topic? Are you advertising some crap ? Because that's not allowed on the forum I believe.

5 hours ago, Charlie9204 said:

What this link about some headphones has to have with that topic? Are you advertising some crap ? Because that's not allowed on the forum I believe.

Its a bot.
Do not quote links from bots. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As I understand, only those who have no skill are crying over hovers here? Anw, It would be nice to bring back the old market and fix the bugs with invisible walls and obstacles, there are way more problems with this game that are making people quit it. A lot of players from my friend list are out of this project for a very long time already and this is sad.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 months later...

Здравствуйте! А где мне можно посмотреть количество выигранных мною боев?

Relic weapons have very low power scores and very uneven distribution in pvp matches.
Please increase the power scores of relic weapons and let players using relic weapons fight each other in pvp matches.
I use 2 retchers in pvp matches, but there are opponents using 2 scorpions or 4 porcupines.
My weapons are worth 6k coins, their value is 40-80k coins. So these guns should never come across.

• Haha 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.