Crossout forum dictionary / what do they mean by that word ?

Siberian_Jay3x6

Banana?

Stfu?

N00b?

Firedog?

Lol?

Ffs?

Dps?

Kek?

Lmao?

Health?

Alt?

Yes, in this topic you are most wellcome to list (and explain or wait for an explanation) all these shortened words, slang and terms, used in this forum every day, in context of this  forum only ,keeping replies in form you would do it if you were paid to do it as clear and intelligent as possible without memes and emoticons.

In example, you can start by telling us the very definition of "Firedog" as it sure isnt self explanatory, atleast to all players or forum members. 

You can also use good pictures to tell why certain builds are called the way they are, and knowing all these helps people to understand what you are talking about as not everyone has years of online gaming,nor ganing forum background so i/we/they/you just dont know all these "Sandwich" meanings.

No linking please, as it makes topic quite confusing if reading it sends you from page to another.

Thank you.

Every constructive reply is rewarded with 1 arrow/upvote:D

Edited by Siberian_Jay3x6
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

I'll go with the general ones that aren't exclusive to this game:

- stfu: shut the f**k up

- n00b: newbie (often derogatory)

- lol: laughing out loud

- ffs: for f**k's sake

- dps: damage per second

- kek: same as lol (a meme from another popular game that "encrypted" the opposing team's chat by switching letters)

- lmao: laughing my a$$ off

- alt: alternative account or character

Edited by fftunes4real
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

Banana/Sausage: A wheeled build armed traditionally with Equalizers, Arbiters or Cyclones where the the weapons are all placed in a line, each gun further up in the back.

Banana can also refer to the tight spot in Broken Arrow, the long tight area behind the cap.

Fire dog: A dog build armed with flame weapons, most commonly Firebugs or Remedies.

Health: Cabin hp.

Alt: Alternative account. Technically alternative accounts are not allowed in game, at least according to ToS. However it's sort of a "don't ask/don't tell" -type of situation; as long as you don't mess with the market with the main and alt account or openly show the public "hey here's my alt account" (by say, streaming with it), your alt account probably won't get banned.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

Thanks a lot Spede and Fftunes, really, i appreciate your replies which actually answer to the questions.

Now i already learned finally whats this Banana about other than occasional word for a ban. Great.

Dog builds? I have no clue of such, what they usually look like or what gave them that name, sorry.

Oh, so Health is cabins durability, if hp is same as durability?

But it isnt same as whole builds durability ...if hp even means to same thing ?

Then theres a Hitbox, which i think is close to what i see as parts/weapons actual physical size ...yes?

But HP is not Hitpoint either, a term ive seen i think? 

This "alt" ...well, so, its not wise then to in any way tell in example IF i had another in-game username under which i have played a lot longer, and being smarter than this Jay character is? Good to know,though i dont quite even understand it as some openly admit playing using their familymembers account etc. But thats offtopic and lets not derail this.

1 hour ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

Dog builds? I have no clue of such, what they usually look like or what gave them that name, sorry.

Small fast builds that bite. Basically everything melee and flamethrower.

Edited by fftunes4real
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

Then theres a Hitbox, which i think is close to what i see as parts/weapons actual physical size ...yes?

Hitbox is a simplified collision volume. It's a technique to save performance in games, as checking for collision on the "real" high-polygon model would be much more of a strain.

Also, simplified collision volumes are used in maps for the same reason.

In crossout though the weapon hitboxes are often larger than the real weapon model for various reasons.

Edited by fftunes4real
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, fftunes4real said:

Small fast builds that bite. Basically everything melee and fire.

Thanks.

So, if you do a cheap and very simple Firedog ,it might also be like this?

Crossout-20200718205743.jpg
Apc's , lacerator, flamethrower, hardcore, 2 ammo boxes.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fftunes4real said:

Sure. Think of a dog attacking in real life, that's kinda how you play those builds.

Thanks, nice to learn from civilized replies:014:

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

Thanks.

True for the fire part. If you want to make it a dog, you need to have the dog's ears (anti hover knifes)

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, bkgmjo said:

True for the fire part. If you want to make it a dog, you need to have the dog's ears (anti hover knifes)

Really?

Well if thats true,then thank you.

3 hours ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

Thanks.

A skinner helps too, so they can't get away.  However, that's really light.  So, you'd probably just be yanked off your wheels.  It's so cute, though!

Same thing with the Hover Catchers.  (The "Ears.")  They don't do you much good if you're light enough to be pushed around by Hovers.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

A skinner helps too, so they can't get away.  However, that's really light.  So, you'd probably just be yanked off your wheels.  It's so cute, though!

Same thing with the Hover Catchers.  (The "Ears.")  They don;t fo you much good if you're light enough to be pushed around by Hovers.

Yeah,im very keen on learning the slang and to hear the most trusted definitions, as i dont, and many others really understand all the sentences written here as theres no dictionary nor much of consencus on whats what.

I used that poor duster for a few rounds, just to see did the upgrades make any difference.

I just thought that its maybe easy to get the name+build ,when the build is stripped to the bone, showing what makes in example a firedog when its at its minimalistic form instead of watching a huge one with loads of armor and other weapons etc.

Like if you wanted to explain the Banana as one picture,i think it should show quite bare bones car from which you clearly can get a hint of its name without having to ask so much.

Cute you say? Well its not intentional but i guess it is. Small builds make happy.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Spedemix said:

Banana can also refer to the tight spot in Broken Arrow, the long tight area behind the cap.

I'd never heard that one before, but it makes sense.  Honestly, Broken Arrow is basically made of crescents.

I've also heard the Banana Build:

C4DECEC04F580BDD0090CC1B9053CC515F1FBEDECalled a "Sausage" build.  Unless there's a difference that i don't know about.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

Like if you wanted to explain the Banana as one picture,i think it should show quite bare bones car from which you clearly can get a hint of its name without having to ask so much.

Okay, yeah.  However the answer "It needs Hover catchers" was helpful, and also misleading.  Because it's probably too light to use them (Or a skinner) effectively.

So, while we could call that a "Dog" we can't really call that an EFFECTIVE Dog, except maybe against stripped down seal clubber hovers.

F48F3D011BD976D1A7A9BF958461A6FFBA686BEC

It's mostly the Hover (And Spider) players calling them "Dogs."  when really, they're Melee.  I'm asking if Banana, and Sausage are the same build.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Upvote 1

Yeah Banana and Sausage are the same thing when it comes to builds in Crossout.

Some more glossary from an endgamer:

Double Bubble: Dual Aegis hover, often with Dual Helios.

Sandwich: Low PS Goliath build with little to no armor

Horidrake: Horizontal Mandrake

Gank: One player aggros an enemy so it falls back while another circles behind and shoots it in the back. One of the most consistent ways of taking down a hover

Fusion: two or more players connected via Contact to form one bigger craft

Edited by Spedemix
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

Oh, so Health is cabins durability, if hp is same as durability?

But it isnt same as whole builds durability ...if hp even means to same thing ?

Durability often refers to the cabin hp while the curability of all parts combined (even the ones which do not give hp) is called Total Durability. You can even see the total durability when you hover your mouse over your hp in build mode.

8 hours ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

Yeah. Hitbox basically refers to the collision model of the part, the part where you actually "touch" it. Generally speaking parts have historically had simplified hitboxes, you could have a gun but the hitbox would a box surrounding it. Cannons for example used to have a hitbox where the barrel wasn't included in it. So as if you shot the barrel, the gun wouldn't take damage. That's the primary reason why the cannon hitboxes were changed I think.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Spedemix said:

Gank: One player aggros an enemy so it falls back while another circles behind and shoots it in the back. One of the most consistent ways of taking down a hover.

From playing MMOs (Where Ganking means something else) we called that tactic Tank and Spank, because the Decoy (Usually has Taunt) has to be able to tank the damage from the enemy, while the Spanker (Assassin, Shadowknight, Nightblade, or whatever they call it in that game) circles around with Stealth.

It doesn't really take a Tankety tank Tank, but you're going to take some damage kiting the Hover.  It does help if the Spanker has Chameleon, and one of the various CQB builds that works well with it.  (Wedge, Dog, Reapers...)

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

And now it seems we have;

Kiting ?

Leading someone so that they follow you like a Kite on a string.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

Leading someone so that they follow you like a Kite on a string.

Like if you were a lure for the enemy to take a bite from ?

4 hours ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

Like if you were a lure for the enemy to take a bite from ?

Exactly.

2 hours ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

Press W?

W is forward on default keyboard layout in most games. "W-key warriors" in crossout is derogatory for melee, fire and generally wedge builds.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1