Crossout forum dictionary / what do they mean by that word ?

Siberian_Jay3x6

3 hours ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

"GITTETYGÆTTETY ..... GIIIIJT GÜÜÜT !1 "

?

Again, mox nix.  That's one of those cliche mantras that's been recited so many times it's lost all meaning.

Translation:  "I'm better than you.  I'll always be better than you."

• Upvote 1

"fanmail"

When you kill someone on the enemy team and then they get mad and pm you stuff like "haha cheater n00b" or "trash hover kid"

Edited by Bobbill12345
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bobbill12345 said:

"fanmail"

When you kill someone on the enemy team and then they get mad and pm you stuff like "haha cheater n00b" or "trash hover kid"

Thanks B, ive had my share of that useless private message garbage as well after battles.:014:

6 hours ago, Bobbill12345 said:

"fanmail"

We also call that "Salt" but fanmail is a lot funnier.  LOL.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

Thanks B, ive had my share of that useless private message garbage as well after battles.:014:

The only type of whisper I ever sent after battle usualy consists of "gg", "good shot!", "nice build" and building tips (when I see people doing idiotic stuff like putting guns on fuel tanks or getting degunned by their own autocannons, with utmost respect of course).

The last "good shot!" I sent was a guy that had a very similar build to mine and we butted heads in the middle of the battleground but he degunned me a lot faster. It was epic:

AchingUnfitGrackle-size_restricted.gif

One of those "THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!" moments.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, lucashc90 said:

The only type of whisper I ever sent after battle usually consists of "gg", "good shot!", "nice build" and building tips (when I see people doing idiotic stuff like putting guns on fuel tanks or getting degunned by their own autocannons, with utmost respect of course).

I actually got a "Hey, girl!" in Clan Wars, right before the match started.  We didn't go easy on each other, then we both got killed, and spent the rest of the match chatting.  We're friends now.  (I should point out that she didn't recognize me from the Forums, Utoob comments, nor the Garage, where I've been featured, twice.  She just saw "Heart" in my name, and was happy to see another girl in Clan Wars.)  

Honestly, one of the nicest experiences I've had so far.  I've also gotten a lot of trash talk, both from sore winners, and sore losers, but that's normal for any competition.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

I've also gotten a lot of trash talk, both from sore winners, and sore losers, but that's normal for any competition.

I have had the pleasure of talking with both Sethioz and Bertox ingame... or should I say: I had the honor of them talking to me post battle in the most respectful of ways.

Its always a sign that you did something right when those people go out of their way to message you personaly... whatever it was that you just did.

Edited by lucashc90
  • Haha 6
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

Aggro ?

Aggro is a WoW term that mostly me uses. Its a bastardised version of the word "aggression" and its used to define a NPC's course of action.

For example: I say that "Joshua aggroed me" when its A.I. have locked on me on its own after I entered its "aggression range" and now the bot is hellbent on going after me until the end of the Earth OR "I aggroed Joshua" to mean that I have baited its A.I. into locking at me, this way I can lure it into my team's range so they can dogpile on Joshua as I tank its attacks.

Got it?

Edited by lucashc90
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, lucashc90 said:

Aggro is a WoW term that mostly me uses.

It's older than Warcraft, though.  A lot older.  Honestly, it came from the Skater/BMX freestyle culture.  We "Aggroed" the cops.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

...."as i tank"

To tank ? Tank em/it?

Npc?

Tanking means deliberately taking damage. The point of tank class is not to deal huge amount of damage or dodge incoming fire but to simply absorb it. Obviously you need a build suitable for this like a heavy spider or brick in crossout. But you can also say, "tank for your teammate" if you've lost your guns; stay in front of your teammate and let the enemy shoot you so your buddy with his guns intact will live longer.

Npc: non-player character

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Bobbill12345 said:

white knight

Coming to someone's rescue.  "I'll save you!"  Superhero complex, or just trying to be helpful, and somebody trying to make that sound like a bad thing (Used ironically.)  

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

It's older than Warcraft, though.  A lot older.  Honestly, it came from the Skater/BMX freestyle culture.  We "Aggroed" the cops.

Oh ive done it back then at later 80's/early 90's but never used the word due to speaking another language and aggro-ing is a word i think ive never heard or seen used anywhere except in this forum. Most likely due to this being only game-related forum ive ever been on, and most likely the last one:biggrin:

Thanks so far ,for explaining all this jibberish which i find confusing.

6 hours ago, Bobbill12345 said:

white knight

What Psiberserker said AND it can be a pejorative term to refer to men that tries to win a woman's favour by mindlessly being of her side.

I've seen a video of a beautiful girl harming a dog when a guy came up and shoved her to make her stop. The moment she was shoved 4 other dudes (that were seeing what she was doing) started shouting and tried to punch the guy that was trying to help the dog. To those we say "stop white knighting".

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Atleast one member seems to repeat mysterious puzzles in vein of  "(cringe/lame/childhood-military-art) roleplay-fantasy(build) " term monster which i would include explained in this thread.

Guessing its some kind of description of build style but quite vague. Maybe related to discussion about faction builds vs. "Viable" pvp builds. Meaning much deeper thoughts .

Edited by Siberian_Jay3x6
  • Upvote 1

On 8/11/2020 at 9:32 AM, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

Bf skeleton / skeleton bigfoot / bigfoot skeleton ?

a "skeleton" build is basically a build with just the cabin, frames movement parts, guns, modules,

and no armor. Can also be called a "naked" build

On 8/12/2020 at 5:36 PM, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

"(..you) pleb/s" ?

Plebs is short for plebians

image.png.e4e7f674f7af5084fbcc90337bee04

• Upvote 1

On 7/27/2020 at 8:04 PM, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

simp?

someone who worships e girls (twitch streamers) under the delusion they get love in return

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Bobbill12345 said:

someone who worships e girls (twitch streamers) under the delusion they get love in return

Well now you need to explain "e girls" and "twitch screamers" im afraid. :biggrin: