psiberzerker

Thoughts on Cohort?

I like it, despite the fact that slow, and tanky aren't my style.  The Perk is well worth the point of Energy (Compared with light, and medium cabs)  Especially as a Support/breakthrough tank if you bring the Heat, and a Radar Detector also helps.  (The rest of the team also benefits from that intel.)

I would love to hear your thoughts on it too.  I think it's too slow from most PvE, though.

It sure is slow slug, and strangely silent.

Im having troubles building it in any way i like, as its clumsy as any,but maybe some day it becomes better than humpback which i find better due to roofs weldpoints.

Anybody tested if it has more Power than Humpy? 
If not than why does it exist if it can carry 4 more tons but doesn´t accelerate anywhere near as fast as Humpy.

You know Devs, you could also finally remove those stupid bars finally and tell us the real value ^^

• Upvote 1

I will form a more reasonable opinion on it when I fuse it for more weight limit because currently it doesn't offer that much advantage over my fused Humpy.

5 hours ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

strangely silent.

Yeah, I have to say the lack of Engine noise, and a horn does kinda bug me.  It also doesn't look good, so it's really better for PvP than an Art Car.  There's always the asymmetry of the cabin as well.  Not much you can do with that 3x5 cutout in front...  

I don't really mount to the roof any more, but the drone box also limits the guns you can mount over it, behind the cabin.  I just see that as a build challenge.  

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

There's always the asymmetry of the cabin as well.  Not much you can do with that 3x5 cutout in front...  

I have filled that with a big ammo box and protected it with heavy bumpers. Let's see how that plays out.

Cohort is bloody terrible cabin. 11 energy and no offensive/dps perks like ones you find on Humpback, Icebox, Echo. 

Just give it damned 12 energy already, even if that means removing all perks it has.

Its so xxxx that heavy cabins get less energy, thus less guns and less guns total HP. So in real pvp you have less effective health than medium cabin. Sic! After your guns get sniped it doesnt matter how many HP you got left, you are just a brick, burned motherboard, corrupted SSD.

• Confused 3

On 7/21/2020 at 10:47 AM, Vincefeld said:

Just give it damned 12 energy already, even if that means removing all perks it has.

Yeah, I actually suggested this when Legendary Cabins were announced.  A heavy cabin with 12 Energy would be worth it.  Just write "Cabin from a truck for Welding, has a built in Generator." in the Perk Field.

• Confused 1

I've been reading rumors that the perk supposedly effects the entire build despite the description. These people claims they have tested it but I haven'tbeen able to find any video that confirms that.

Unless it does effect the entire build, I'm staying with Humpback as it has a better perk and I don't need Cohort's higher mass.

4 minutes ago, Steel_Artist said:

I've been reading rumors that the perk supposedly effects the entire build despite the description.

IDK, I've been Face tanking with it, because that works.  I guess I can test it, but I'll have to get in with my Clan (Waiting on that) to test how the Drones affect allies.

4 minutes ago, Steel_Artist said:

Unless it does effect the entire build, I'm staying with Humpback as it has a better perk and I don't need Cohort's higher mass.

Up to you, but the way I see it, Humpback helps You.  Only when you take damage.  A lot of damage.  I like playing Support, so that's why I prefer Cohort.  I'm still getting used to the speed, or lack thereof.  (On Meat Grinders, and Armored Tracks, Hot Red instead of Golden Eagle.)

Edited by psiberzerker

On 7/25/2020 at 6:42 PM, Steel_Artist said:

I've been reading rumors that the perk supposedly effects the entire build despite the description. These people claims they have tested it but I haven'tbeen able to find any video that confirms that.

Isn't that a bug that causes cabin resistances to be applied to all parts?

I don't think the cohort perk does effect the entire build because of the perk vs fusion perk but I could be wrong.

I do remember seeing a video clip where a youtuber (maybe Edgerunner) tested and verified the perk affects all parts.

I dont like Cohort, because as a sideways spider builder it is way too unadapted.

And 11 energy is annoying, why the hell devs did you remoye an energy point to heavy cabins ? Since when having a bigger and slower vehicle helps you in battle ? Hp is useless if you are big, slow and less equipped than others.

8 minutes ago, JCDG said:

And 11 energy is annoying, why the hell devs did you remoye an energy point to heavy cabins ? Since when having a bigger and slower vehicle helps you in battle ? Hp is useless if you are big, slow and less equipped than others.

But having the same energy count as a small buggy that can be blown to smithereens with a single well placed salvo from a 22 ton behemoth that can detect you, have colossus AND cloak besides having 4k HP would be messed up. When wedges are finally fixed, that buggy will be on an even bigger disadvantage and those same 11 units of energy will worth a lot more... wait and see.

• Upvote 1

I find it a little confusing that a huge Truck cabin, with enough room for an Apollo, Mass Limit, and Power/Tonnage has less Energy than a little buggy cabin.  "Because balance."  Speed vs Durability is plenty of Balance.  If it isn't, then adjust the Speed/Durability until it is.

Energy doesn't enter into it, but just for my Suspension of Disbelief, I have to ask myself how a Tusk+Gasgen=Icebox+Apollo.  Look at it that way.  Yes, the Icebox has more Power/Tonnage/Mass Limit to carry the Apollo, but seriously.  Where does the Tusk hide all that Energy?  

Look:

AE8FE99C4B1C4B3E9167297A3C12249C92CF4FD7

There's plenty of room in the Cohort for a bigger/heavier Generator.  That's the biggest Generator, and the biggest Engine.  I swear, right hand to GOD it will fit, even with a stack of stinky drones in that Kappa bowl on top.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

I find it a little confusing that a huge Truck cabin, with enough room for an Apollo, Mass Limit, and Power/Tonnage has less Energy than a little buggy cabin. 

Maybe they actually have 13 energy but they have engines so powerful to carry all that weight they suck up 2 energy points from the cab... big think!

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, lucashc90 said:

Maybe they actually have 13 energy but they have engines so powerful to carry all that weight they suck up 2 energy points from the cab... big think!

Okay, then where does Tusk fit it?  Any of it?

BAA7D5C0A17FF55297AF305760776DAFAA566CB6

There's barely enough room for a seat in there, without amputating some legs.  Do you think you could get a Hardcore, and a BigG behind it?

I just have to point out that that has more Power, and Energy than Growl.  

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

Okay, then where does Tusk fit it?  Any of it?

There's barely enough room for a seat in there, without amputating some legs.  Do you think you could get a Hardcore, and a BigG behind it?

I just have to point out that that has more Power, and Energy than Growl.  

Since there is never a driver in the cab and all cars are remotely controled maybe the generator is sitting where your as should be.

Either that or every buggy have a pocket dimension under their steering wheel that provides them with everything they need.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lucashc90 said:

Either that or every buggy have a pocket dimension under their steering wheel that provides them with everything they need.

Tusk doesn't have a Steering Wheel, either.  Nowhere to put it.

11 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

Tusk doesn't have a Steering Wheel, either.

Mind reading scanners? Maybe its controled by brainwaves.

• Haha 1

Oh, now that's some BS!  

I just blew my Mandrake off.  By shooting a Cohort Drone.  Now, my Mandrake is well in front of my Cabin, and it's tilted forward.  I was even at maximum Depression, to fire relatively Point Blank.

That drone, that's supposed to protect me?  Yeah, it just about killed me.  Thanks!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

Oh, now that's some BS!  

I just blew my Mandrake off.  By shooting a Cohort Drone.  Now, my Mandrake is well in front of my Cabin, and it's tilted forward.  I was even at maximum Depression, to fire relatively Point Blank.

That drone, that's supposed to protect me?  Yeah, it just about killed me.  Thanks!

Some heavy stinky BS indeed. WTF?! First Porc Barrels, then Grenadiers now even support drones are going full griefer mode.

• Upvote 2

I just sold my Mandrake, and bought a Sparkester instakit, instead.  (Spark, and Havaster.)  Another failed experiment, that cost me coins, but oh well.  I can go back to Joules instead of Helios again.  

11 hours ago, JCDG said:

When the humpback had 12 energy it was objectively the best cabin in the game. Nothing else had the mass limit and energy to match it.

Edited by SIGMA920
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, SIGMA920 said:

When the humpback had 12 energy it was objectively the best cabin in the game. Nothing else had the mass limit and energy to match it.

Before the update 8.20, the only cabins you would see where Humpies for massive tanks and Quantums for smaller cars. Nothing else matered and you were required to use those to ride with the big boys.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1