psiberzerker

Thoughts on Cohort?

23 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

I find it a little confusing that a huge Truck cabin, with enough room for an Apollo, Mass Limit, and Power/Tonnage has less Energy than a little buggy cabin.  "Because balance."  Speed vs Durability is plenty of Balance.  If it isn't, then adjust the Speed/Durability until it is.

+1

I quite always play tanky with legs :

- 40km/h max speed : 15 secs after the beginning of the game I am far behind the team

- slow acceleration, speed capped even more in slopes

- my weapons are very high so I cant aim down just in front of my build

- despite my 20000kgs I am wedged like an air balloon by the tiniest dog and pushed over dozens of meters

Are all of these points not disavantageous enough to heavy builds to have to have 1 energy less than the dogs or the hover snipers that kill you so easily ?

Edited by JCDG
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JCDG said:

despite my 20000kgs I am wedged like an air balloon by the tiniest dog and pushed over dozens of meters

This is the main problem here. Your mass means something only when you accelerate. Small opponent cars should lose half their structure, when they hit into you while flooring it over 80 km/h. Or mecha-legs should just be raised in the air and you squash opponents with your heavy frame :lol:

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, JCDG said:

despite my 20000kgs I am wedged like an air balloon by the tiniest dog and pushed over dozens of meters

As I said earlier: when wedges are fixed you will learn that your lack of energy will mean almost nothing by the huge crushing force you will have if someone gets under you. That will be enough for shotgunners to think twice before closing the gap between you both.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lucashc90 said:

As I said earlier: when wedges are fixed you will learn that your lack of energy will mean almost nothing by the huge crushing force you will have if someone gets under you. That will be enough for shotgunners to think twice before closing the gap between you both.

Sadly the "wedge fix" as advertized wont increase collision damage. But there is still hope.

Edited by JCDG
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JCDG said:

Sadly the "wedge fix" as advertized wont increase collision damage. But there is still hope.

What's wrong with collision damage?

49 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

I think he is talking about Tusks. Generaly speaking, when someone is criticizing collision tamage, they are talking about Tusk builds.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

When someone rams directly into your legs at full speed and its structure stays totally fine

7 minutes ago, JCDG said:

When someone rams directly into your legs at full speed and its structure stays totally fine

Just legs?

There's a reason why they're called Bumpers.  Your structure stays perfectly fine when you hit a tree, building, or hill, too.  It's not realistic, but it's playable.

What do you suggest for legs, specifically?

On 8/5/2020 at 3:28 PM, psiberzerker said:

Just legs?

There's a reason why they're called Bumpers.  Your structure stays perfectly fine when you hit a tree, building, or hill, too.  It's not realistic, but it's playable.

What do you suggest for legs, specifically?

It is not realistic as you say. If people who ram into ennemies and manage to get under them must have their roof ripped off and their chassis and movement parts teared down instantanly.

Not just legs, this is applicable to any build.

• Upvote 1

Generally speaking there's some funky stuff going with the collision, which sometimes results in you dealing in excess of 1000 dmg. At least with legs.

Spoiler

15 hours ago, Spedemix said:

Generally speaking there's some funky stuff going with the collision, which sometimes results in you dealing in excess of 1000 dmg. At least with legs.

Hide contents

That was just a generator or ammo crate

16 hours ago, Spedemix said:

Reveal hidden contents

I've had that happen but in my case I never even bothered ramming them. They killed themselves by trying to ram me, they wasn't using boosters either so speed cap wasn't in effect here.  

It's a little underwhelming. It should have 12 points of energy.

The perk isnt Super good, its alright. Has a lot of weight and ps. I'm better off using the Humpback or the Bastion to play in a more favorable ps range.

• Thanks 1