Sign in to follow this  
Red_Sonya

Yet another looking for a clan thread

Looking for a... yeah you know.

Ideally no huge list of entry requirements, if your clan is active and supportive, I'm interested, although finding the Holy Grail seems an easier quest!

Alternatively if you're looking for a clan and have a mic, drop me a line and who knows we might start our own. Either is good.

5 minutes ago, Red_Sonya said:

Alternatively if you're looking for a clan and have a mic, drop me a line and who knows we might start our own. Either is good.

If you don't mind getting into Clan Wars on the ground floor.  (Rust league)  Most of the clans I've been in contact with either A:  Just farm PvE, and Missions, or B: Take CW so seriously that they have a long list of requirements that I can't quite afford.  

However, if you're interested, you can PM me here, or message me (Texas_Heart) in game to see if we can gather a couple more friends together, and get started...

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Thanks 1

There are some clans out there that have sort of a "kindergarten" associated clan to prepare less equipped and experienced players and to serve as a sort of a "proving grounds". Try looking for one of those as they may provide you with more valuable advice and experience.

(I'm actually only responding to this topic because your nickname gave me a prompt to listen to some Morricone *hums the Red Sonja theme*)

• Upvote 1

On 7/21/2020 at 5:44 PM, _Lemmy44_ said:

There are some clans out there that have sort of a "kindergarten" associated clan to prepare less equipped and experienced players and to serve as a sort of a "proving grounds". Try looking for one of those as they may provide you with more valuable advice and experience.

(I'm actually only responding to this topic because your nickname gave me a prompt to listen to some Morricone *hums the Red Sonja theme*)

I figured there must be, but, they're not exactly making themselves known if they even exist.

Just the "you gotta have <long wish list>" clans. Which is fine, if you're at that level, but there's no other levels, it seems?

Edit: What I'm looking for is a clan ready to take a punt on who might be a n00b but can grow and improve to be a very valued team member. Seems demanding you got this and that doesn't result in team loyalty, to my mind anyway. And if such a clan doesn't exist? Then maybe I'll start one!

Edited by Red_Sonya
Added a bit

2 hours ago, Red_Sonya said:

I figured there must be, but, they're not exactly making themselves known if they even exist.

It would also be nice if the in-game tools actually helped you find the clan you're looking for.  Basically, all they tell you is how many open slots they have, and that they're looking for members who're Engineer's Reputation Level 30+.

It doesn't tell you if they're in Rust League, Tin league, what their standing is...  You can look in the Leaderboad for that info, but then you have to load the entire list of every Clan, scroll down...

Wait for it to load...

...  Then switch back to the LFC tool, search for the Clan by name, see that have 16/16 player slots filled, then switch back to the leaderboard.  Wait for it to load, scroll down...

That's great, if you're looking for a Gold or Diamond league clan, that won't take you, because you have no experience, and not enough Relics to be competitive.  (If they have any open slots.)  It doesn't even tell you if Russian Bias [BI4S] Plays Clan Wars.  Just that they'll consider you, if you're ERL 30 or over.

Also:

B2406A38DBAC6BE40C6786E95B17211C56FCFAA2

You finally find a clan, send a request, get an invite, join them, and find out that they don't play Caln Wars or you don't have what it takes to fit in their Unit Comp.  Or they only have 1 Squad, and the other 12 are just backups, and you're bottom of the list of alternates...

So, you have to wait 3 DAYS to find another clan, send a request...

Edited by psiberzerker

That's even worse than I thought. So far I've sent messages and requests but...

And none of this is explained anywhere. I've seen online groups that put up brief introductions "allied with XYZ and defending ABC, looking for ninja monkeys and keyboard warriors" but this has so far been a case of flinging mud at a wall and finding nothing sticks.

So, a name for a new clan. Hmm... :S

42 minutes ago, Red_Sonya said:

So, a name for a new clan. Hmm... :S

Good Cimmerians?  [SIMR]  It's not taken yet!

Edited by psiberzerker

Warrior Princ(ess)es - [XENA]?

Furiosas Wasteland Warriors - [FURY] - probably taken, I guess

Mobile Warriors from the East [HUNS] - probably also taken.

Just a few thoughts :)

EDIT: How about one for n00bs... the Frequently Asked Questions - [FAQS]

Edited by Red_Sonya
another clan idea
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Red_Sonya said:

Mobile Warriors from the East [HUNS] - probably also taken.

Or just Honey's Army [HUNS]

Heroines [Hera]

Artemis [ARTI]...

I can literally do this all day.  You can start a FAQ in Clans, or FAQs, and Guilds.  Just start with your questions.

Edited by psiberzerker

I'm actually liking Honey Badgers [HUNS].

That line from CoD: MW2 "Honey Badger is a mean xxxxx" - and so are we! :D

Now, to find who's "in" and interested before I buy another 20,000 scrap...

• Like 1

Just started a clan for some of the reasons @psiberzerker mentioned.

We are the Coven of Belial (COB).

My aim is to create a school of mixed experienced players who are in it for fun, and getting/giving help with progression. Only requirement is that we are English-speaking and no toxicity.

Although we are only a week old and still getting our legs under us. But we will play CW, and support anyone who wants to, regardless of meta.

All are welcome.

Otherwise, and in any case - good luck and have fun!

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, _f0r3v3r_ said:

North America?  It would be nice to avoid any Latency, if possible.  My last clan didn't work out, because they were Europe, and the connection sucked.

Also, I can't send a request for the next 2 days, but I'd love to get together with a Forum Clan.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, _f0r3v3r_ said:

My aim is to create a school of mixed experienced players who are in it for fun, and getting/giving help with progression. Only requirement is that we are English-speaking and no toxicity.

Although we are only a week old and still getting our legs under us. But we will play CW, and support anyone who wants to, regardless of meta.

Do you have a discord or some such? Is there a way to join? You can count me interested!

• Thanks 1

@psiberzerker @Red_Sonya Yes to both NA and Discord. We are primarily NA, but we are accepting players Internationally. My IGN is the same as here. Send me a friend request or let me know what your IGN is and I can send.

Edited by _f0r3v3r_

Not sure if I can change the topic but NOT looking for a clan anymore. Sorry! I'm in Fun Scavengers and I'm loyal to my group so... thanks for all the suggestions and comments but I'm a Fun Scavenger now!

Maybe you might wanna see about joining...? :)

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this