Sign in to follow this  
Dynnye

CW, Cross-League matchmaker and the unhappy training dummies

I'm playing on PC and cross-league matches are boiling my blood. These (usually one-sided) battles makes CW unenjoyable.

I ask you developers to either remove cross-league matchmaking from CW or if it is not possible then please do the following changes:
When a battle worth uran for one team (let's say they are playing at gold league) and doesn't worth uran for the other team (becouse they are at Tin league) then make this battle worth uran for the weaker clan too if they win the match.

PVP is not balanced i understand it. There are people who got everything and the paint on their car worth more than my account (not mentioning the amount of fused stuff they use in a single craft) and i accept it!
But if i have to play against these guys it is not nice that they earn uran after an 'easy' win but if i win then i got nothing but scrap. Hardly earned win should be rewarded!

One more time, I'm playing on PC and have no idea what is happening on exbox and paystation. On PC cross-league matches are a thing.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 4

The mm works from your clan score, not the league you are in. The league is just dictating how much uranium you can earn and separating high scoring from low scoring clans at reset.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dynnye said:

then make this battle worth uran for the weaker clan too if they win the match.

Word on that man , but could also be exploited , anyway +1 since its not ez

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, *Jomar_SL said:

The mm works from your clan score, not the league you are in. The league is just dictating how much uranium you can earn and separating high scoring from low scoring clans at reset.

Wrong, it always tries to match you in your league.

IMG_20200724_132513.JPG

@*Jomar_SL

My problem is (with your words) high scoring clans and low scoring clans are not separated.

@xXMrSkeletonXx

So the problem is caused by low activity among low scoring clans.

Maybe if low scoring clans would have a chance to earn uran then maybe they will be more active?

We are not talking about much uran here, only about those situation when you have to play as a low scoring guy vs some high scoring dudes.
This situation will less likely happen when more players from low scoring clans present themselves at cw.

About the uran obtainable this way:
I think devs should cut the maximum uran/week from high leagues and add 10-20 uran obtainable this way to lower leagues.

The current system only makes the rich richer. I know many likes this, but u know what? yeah.. you know what...

• Upvote 2

In general the game needs more players. Pushing players to CW in-game with prompts would help some. When I'm high diamond I don't like playing the lower teams as much as they don't like playing me. 5 point wins wasting time is not what you want to be doing while trying to secure a high position, plus a disconnect can cost you 40 points. Yes you can get ore, but Diamond grinders are already capped out Thurs afternoon. 

They should make it so pvp scrap limit stays as is, but scrap earned from cw has no limit. And remains as a significantly higher payout per match. That might make the little buggers give cw a go

• Upvote 3

They need to give a reason for the smaller clans to participate in CW. Getting stomped by clans that are in higher league than you're in isn't fun.

• Upvote 2

@Babylonsburning

I think unlimited scrap would punish those:
- who play alone
- who don't like the idea to join any clan
- fresh players whose biggest income is from scrap

If scrap is unlimited for one side of the player base and limited for the other side then it is not fair.

But you and @CamoWraith are right, some reward is needed to make the game mode charming for weaker clans.

I like the concept of the reward system where you earn scrap + something when you win the match. It motivates the team to win.
So i think if they add some extra reward for low leagues after a match won then more players will start to play cw.
Personally i would be fine even with copper as extra reward since i'm not playing pve so it would be fine for me.

However (to stay on topic) this will not serve the problem of higher league players who (as it turned out) also suffer from cross-league matches.

Now the best solution looks like this:
Low leagues reward: <scrap> + <something on win> + <extra for cross-league>
High leagues reward: <scrap> + <uran on win> + <extra for cross-league>

Maybe I'm naive but i think this will change party communication from this:
          **** this **** we have to play against these ******* ****** again, let's push that ******* backspace.
To this:
          Okay guys this worth some extra let's focus!

we regularly get matches with clan that have 100+ more points than us and sometimes top 60 when we play in silver or bronze 

6 hours ago, Dynnye said:

I like the concept of the reward system where you earn scrap + something when you win the match. It motivates the team to win.
So i think if they add some extra reward for low leagues after a match won then more players will start to play cw.
Personally i would be fine even with copper as extra reward since i'm not playing pve so it would be fine for me.

It would be nice if the weaker clans got something cool too. Maybe some resources, or some cool cosmetics. 

6 hours ago, Dynnye said:

However (to stay on topic) this will not serve the problem of higher league players who (as it turned out) also suffer from cross-league matches.

If there is more incentive to get more people to play Clan Wars, then more eventually climb into the higher leagues. When more people are in each league, then more fair battles will happen and cross-league matches will occur less often.

I really do think the issue is the lack of players in CW.

Lack of a tutorial and broken MM are the 2 biggest issues for newer players. Right now if a team is in rust league and is just starting out they will be facing teams in silver and even gold. This means that they will continuously get rekt and will give up on trying very quickly. For a rust league clan to get into even tin, they need to already have the skills for silver. Im not even gonna start about how if a rust league team does beat a silver/gold team, they just get some scrap, while a silver/gold team roflstomps a rust team they get uranium for it, even though it was an easy win. I even know one UNAMED CLAN (though everyone in touch with the clanwars community knows what I am talking about) who region locked to NA during NA evening sessions and farmed off of rust, tin, and bronze clans even though said UNAMED CLAN was in dimaond + top10

Solution: Hard lock clan wars teams from facing clans more than 1 league higher than them

The lack of tutorial is another big wall to new players. How will a new player know that his 4 tracks fatman build will do good in clanwars? They really won't. If new players are lucky, some experienced player tells them "oh sell everything for cricket hover or dog and join clan" and leaves them at that.

Solution: Create a special "trainer" role in the game, automatically given to players who have played over x matches in bronze/silver league (as players who have played at this level will usually know what they are talking about, add option to report players for giving false advice to stop trolls or clueless people). Then add an option for  players to "Ask a trainer". This creates an easy way for players to get advice and information from someone who is experienced and knows what they are talking about

• Upvote 1

bumpity bump bump... proper cw matchmaking and tutorial please?????

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Here's an idea- Engraved Casings. Add Engraved casings to tin and rust division. Give Engineers faction the ability to craft the equivalent of a Pathfinders Container, Wanderers Container, and a special container with Not For Sale parts.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

22 hours ago, DeviousMC said:

Not For Sale parts.

Nice scam

Besides it doesnt adress the issue that new clans will not be able to advance or win much

How is it a scam? Why should clans get free str8 up epics for getting dookied on for 4 hrs? Not to mention you can still get them from adventure AND craft Imps and whatever else there already is with them..

Edited by DeviousMC

The situation is more complicated than it looks but I agree it could be frustrating. This frustration is universal except the top. As other said, problem is about number of active clans/players in the particular time in the particular zone (EU, RU, and so on) if selected.

Another frustration came from rarity of equipment and it was already proposed to differentiate (another type) of leagues according to allowed highest rarity (clans can choose which wanna participate). But, big but is again number of active clans.

Btw I love your idea: If low league clan beats clan from uran league it should get uran.

On 7/31/2020 at 1:45 AM, DeviousMC said:

How is it a scam

U N T R A D E A B L E 

Untradeable parts are not even close to the same value as tradeable parts, you will just get something you dont want and cant sell for something you do want

And things like imps arent even worth crafting, its a negative

Meaning earning engraved casings in cw is useless

It's a consolation prize.. Why would it even have anywhere near the value of a fully fledged earned item? Now that I think about it I'm perfectly fine with them getting nothing at all and since FREE EPIC TIERED items is a 'scam' I'll go ahead and rescind that suggestion, the 30 or whatever scrap you get is what you deserve.

• Sad 1

diamond and gold have shrunk so much since the safe leagues were taken out... even before safe leagues diamond was top 60 and gold top 100ish.. now diamond is top 10-15 and gold top 50 or so... vast majority of clans are sitting in silver and gold and really in your league even if they are perceived as much better.. the shrinking league sizes paired with the tightened reward limits per league means a lot of lower league teams are capping out in 1 or 2 sessions and no reason to play the rest of the week

anyway, my solution months ago and still today is to just increase the amount of uranium required to craft relics and reward uranium in all leagues, increase caps too, not back to what they were - having the tiered limits stops the deranking problem but at least to where most teams aren't capping out in 1 session.. just scale the whole thing up and let people who are just getting started still get something for their effort other than just scrap which for an 8 minute match is in pretty weak quantity.

Edited by insidmal
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, DeviousMC said:

It's a consolation prize.. Why would it even have anywhere near the value of a fully fledged earned item? Now that I think about it I'm perfectly fine with them getting nothing at all and since FREE EPIC TIERED items is a 'scam' I'll go ahead and rescind that suggestion, the 30 or whatever scrap you get is what you deserve.

You still fail to understand... new players still wouldnt play clanwars because they will just get steamrolled 24/7, increased rewards dont matter with 10% winrate xD

18 hours ago, Bobbill12345 said:

You still fail to understand... new players still wouldnt play clanwars because they will just get steamrolled 24/7

Dude I said it was for tin and rust league, that means the others won't have it. The only way to properly farm it would be getting steamrolled 24/7 and spamming adventure mode.

Sign in to follow this