ZKWS

can we just delete anyone who uses lances and wedges at this point lol

20 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

Okay, but then what?  How are you all that helpful to the team after you're out, or focused down, and destroyed because "You Killed Kenny!"

So long as Lance players get more than 2 kills or significantly wounded many players, they are useful, Lance's actually take quite some skill , contrary to popular belief 

Edited by afghanaryan
  • Upvote 5

1 minute ago, psiberzerker said:

Okay, as part of a hybrid Melee, that's a little different.  You still have the Sparkester to fight with.

Yeah, in mission suicide rush isn't really a team players, and I kinda hate that.  What's the point of 8v8 if everyone's running off to do the bare minumum, if not screw over everyone, whether their name is red, or blue?

That's a problem, and I guess the Leroy Jenkins suicide lancer is a symptom of that problem.

So when resource grinding many player in lots of different games are going to find the easiest way from point a to point b.

They will not take your personal enjoyment into account. If blowing up a ton of parts gives you a lot of points then some people are going to find out the fast route to that end.

lances are perfect for that.

also, have you ever played a lance build? It is not the only build I play but I will have to say there is something very enjoyable about the “now you see them, now you don’t” play style.

also with porcs and mines and machine guns and and and and..... it’s not as easy to get your target as one would think.

note: I have mainly been playing reapers and mandrakes in PvP, even though I do own a fully fused lance build.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, afghanaryan said:

So long as Lance players get more than 2 kills or significantly wounded many players, they are useful, Lance's actually take quite some skill , contrary to popular belief 

100% this, there is a ton of stuff in the way of you and your target. Anyone that has not played a lance build would not understand. Playing a lance build is like playing a giant tow missile, except if you mess it up you might not another shot.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, RoughMonkey said:

also, have you ever played a lance build?

Yes.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

Yes.

Cool :)

I personally do enjoy playing lances as one of my builds and I HATE playing cannons.

But, I would never want cannons removed from the game :)

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, RoughMonkey said:

I personally do enjoy playing lances as one of my builds and I HATE playing cannons.

I don't hate it, but I got bored with them after months of grinding the "Cannon, Turret Cannon, or Plasma Cannon" dailies.

But, I would never want cannons removed from the game :)

Yeah, me neither.  Just to be fair, I didn't play a "Lancer."  After the Knight Rider's event when they were switched to the Lunatic's workbench, and they were cheap on the market, I tested a lot of stuff, but I was most successful with a Goblin hybrid.

The Goblins effectively protected the Lances, so they weren't shot off.  I'm not one of those "You killed me, it's not fair!  Nerf it!" Players.  I'd much rather find solutions in the garage.

Edited by psiberzerker

2 hours ago, RoughMonkey said:

100% this, there is a ton of stuff in the way of you and your target. Anyone that has not played a lance build would not understand. Playing a lance build is like playing a giant tow missile, except if you mess it up you might not another shot.

That’s exactly how it feels to me too. Much harder to do well than it seems.

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, lucashc90 said:

I've met people that have abilities you would not believe and were still illiterate. Grammar is not a good determinate of how inteligent someone is, specially if they just spell a few words wrong.

Yes it can depend, and people like me often intentionally mistype things because of being lazy

But there are cases where their grammar makes their intelligence obvious

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, poony4u2 said:

In case I do get banned, I just want to say I’ve enjoyed my time on the forum, and I’ve learned a lot!

Some of your are grumpy, some of you are fun, but I enjoy blowing up all your cars, no matter how you act on the forum!

Best case scenario you get 12 hours ban but in reality its 24 hours because 12 hours premoderation added on top of that, worst case scenario UNAMED AGRESSIVE MOD gives you week ban +week premoderation

14 hours ago, poony4u2 said:

I’m not too worried, but didn’t you get Xbox420 perma-banned? You clearly have some 1337 snitching skills!

XBOX m 420 spammed insults in every post he made, and 1000 other things on top of that (like telling hozz to khs).... no surprise why he got banned

On 7/29/2020 at 7:04 AM, tenshiijin said:

My iq is around 130

ahah.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, afghanaryan said:

Idk abt you lots, but rn wedges are the only things that are keeping wheels relevant right now, so if they were to do anything to the wedge they need to rework wheels, with wedge you have a chance against those goliath sandwiches that plague mid ps , along with leg cannons and bigram incineraters, if they were to remove wedge, then melee would be obsolete , someone can just crush the close range weapon before they get any serious damage in. And theres so many counters to wedges now that there not even that meta anymore, they really only excel in 1v1s, and contrary to popular belief , skill is required to use your typical wedge sg build. You need map awareness and  know your weakness/strengths  just imagine how many goliath hulk/little boy builds there will be if they decide to remove wedges. I'm sure my freind Siberian jay can agree on this since he plays similar PS to me, that there is to many of these types of builds already. Sometimes I'm the first to die in my team using a wedge, other times I get 4 plus kills, its not consistent.

I do believe wedge needs skills, and even more if it has no cloak. Just like i think about lancers though lancers dont represent any kind of team play or if they do i just havent yet understood it. They still have wheels, and i prefer and honor wheelers.And the lower the ps, the more situational and map awareness as you dont have tons of armor to hide behind for any longer perioids. This i think however seems to happen also in cw as i think you need to know a bit where the breakers are coming at you. Well, cw is new thing to me so that is justba first impression. 

I think i very much agree with you, be it about small tanks or wedges, and yep, its not consistent at all, getting good pile of kills with wedges, but offcourse it easily looks like that, as theres so many wedges all looking quite similar that people easily think wedge is the easiest serial killer build when its actually several wedges killing so often instead of same guy,in pvp.

In my opinion wedges have now changed the tactics , atleast ones running in about 4000-6000 ps, and 9000-10500, as it seems they dont rely so much in lifting or even fully flipping you. More like crashing a bit, hitting brakes before getting fully under enemys build, then just pushing you to to corner, or circling you as close as possible so your guns cant turn as fast as wedge drives, and they just keep degunning you first before actual kill if they even bother to kill you.

I'd like to get new wheels or buff the most, to far stronger and faster to keep them more popular now when "everyone" wants goliaths or hovers.

I run simple ,114kmh 3-4 shotgun sixwheeler occasionally but it starts to feel boring after 2-3 rounds and then switch back to other wheeled builds. I had 2 pairs or goliaths but i sold em to ger bigfoots etc, and ive been trying to figure out a big wedge running on em ,but i dont yet have any guns feeling powerful  ( and no way as durable )enough for so high ps build.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, poony4u2 said:

That’s exactly how it feels to me too. Much harder to do well than it seems.

Agreed fully.

And if lancer/wedge uses no cloak ( as with all other builds,except lowest of the lowest performers ever , the multipork spammers in any modes,any ps.) , my respect for him gets 10x higher. 

In a way lancer seems to be often like a precision tool like surgical scalper, to get it driven where you want it, though the actual contact is lovely kamikaze hit from era of cavemen. All good. Not camping, not hiding behind rocks, no plasma,no lasers. More pluses in my mental ranking system than many other builds have and i rate people(?) and their builds using other values than just points.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

Okay, but then what?  How are you all that helpful to the team after you're out, or focused down, and destroyed because "You Killed Kenny!"

I've seen good lancers kills up to 2 players and cripple another. Some lancers uses Tusk or Cerberus. Some have explosive sticks mixed with drones, mgs or flutes.

Its just like with Goliath or any other weapon really: anyone can play that way, few get good doing so.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Bobbill12345 said:

Best case scenario you get 12 hours ban but in reality its 24 hours because 12 hours premoderation added on top of that, worst case scenario UNAMED AGRESSIVE MOD gives you week ban +week premoderation

I got banned for about six months last year. Still not sure what happened (and neither were the mods when I eventually reached out).

Xbox420 hinted that he had reported me for spam (I think I posted a thread mocking the endless whining about hovers). 

Speaking of him, is he permabanned? His posts say “guest” now.

On 7/31/2020 at 6:56 AM, poony4u2 said:

Speaking of him, is he permabanned? His posts say “guest” now.

Yep hes permabanned

On 8/2/2020 at 1:33 AM, Bobbill12345 said:

Yep hes permabanned

How the mighty have fallen. He was somewhat pleasant to talk to about an year ago but somewhere down the line anything that started coming out of his mouth was childish insults. Second on the forum members' list and a genuine good player... What a shame.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, lucashc90 said:

How the mighty have fallen. He was somewhat pleasant to talk to about an year ago but somewhere down the line anything that started coming out of his mouth was childish insults. Second on the forum members' list and a genuine good player... What a shame.

The banhammer shows no mercy.

I liked his cars and playstyle, and learned some stuff from seeing how he approached the game. But if you act the way he did on the forum, eventually you’re gonna get the banhammer.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, poony4u2 said:

The banhammer shows no mercy.

I liked his cars and playstyle, and learned some stuff from seeing how he approached the game. But if you act the way he did on the forum, eventually you’re gonna get the banhammer.

To show us that there is no bigger man in this world that can't have their own ego as their downfall.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

16 hours ago, lucashc90 said:

Second on the forum members' list and a genuine good player..

Psiberzerker is first atm.... dont see her actual rank being high around here 

facepalm

• Confused 1

Game devs promised to deal with wedges, but lances stays on the picture. Although i still not fully understand what is their "imbalance"?

using wedges / lances was the easiest games of my life 

Feels like 90%+ of the remaining playerbase is more interested into crash simulations than shooting :Bojan:

1nl7ha.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, h0zz said:

1nl7ha.jpg

When I just press W I keep hitting the walls and other team members. Its not that simple, you can't ignore the usefullness of A and D too!

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2