Recommended Posts

note: im not saying nerf the breakers or anything of the sort, i just want some answers here cause somethings not right.

do breakers have some invisible damage resistant perk to cannons or something? 

im asking cause of this reason: on a breaker build i would hit a breaker with constant cannonfire and it wont peel off despite me hitting the gun directly everytime.

i can hit a hammerfall and take it off in 1 hit, i hit a breaker 7 times with focused cannon fire on the gun directly everytime and it wont spark or even fall off. 

the only way i have ever seen anyone take off a breaker is with a scorpion. i could hit a breaker build, strip off all its armor, tires, frame, etc and the 2 things left on it would be the breakers. how the hell are these things so durable!? 

hammerfalls have half the hp of the breakers, even with a build thats armored to the teeth i can still take it off in 1 shot with my cannons, however i can shoot and shoot and shoot a breaker and nothing. its supposed to have almost double the hp of the hammerfall, so 2 direct hits with a cannon should take it off, 3 at the most. but all matches i been in versing a breaker i never am able to take the breakers off them. 

i used to run a breaker as well and the same would happen to me, they can strip me down to just a cabin and a breaker and they would kill me before getting my breaker to fall off despite them hitting my gun directly. seriously whats going on here? :008:

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Breakers have a new perk that makes them far too op.  If they were to be destroyed their durability is left at 1 durability and is invincible for 1 Seccond.  This ability has a 35 Seccond cooldown.  Makes canons and scorps far more harmless.  Scorps specifically. 

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, tenshiijin said:

Breakers have a new perk that makes them far too op.  If they were to be destroyed their durability is left at 1 durability and is invincible for 1 Seccond.  This ability has a 35 Seccond cooldown.  Makes canons and scorps far more harmless.  Scorps specifically. 

yeah i seen that, the issue is im hitting them directly everytime constantly, so there is no time for the ability to reactivate as i keep pounding the gun with cannon shots (the guns ability is 1 second long, and it takes longer then that for the typhoon to reload a shot). the gun wasnt sparking and i hit it with 7 double typhoon shots in a row. the gun shouldve been sparking or fallen off long before the 7th shot hit. like i said i can hit a hammerfall and have it fall off in 1 shot.

hammerfall - 221 durability - 1 shot comes off

breaker - 387 durability - 7 shots and it wont come off

i get that it has the ability, so lets take that into account, 1 hit with a double typhoon the gun should be sparking or at least have done a ton of damage to it, 2 hits should activate the ability, third hit should peel it off with a direct hit. except thats not how it functions. i dont get how the gun is so durable, even without the ability activating. it makes no sense. the only guns that can take off a breaker is another breaker and a scorpion. those are the only ones i have seen that can compete with it. it just doesnt make sense.

Edited by Zarrurer
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zarrurer said:

yeah i seen that, the issue is im hitting them directly everytime constantly, so there is no time for the ability to reactivate as i keep pounding the gun with cannon shots (the guns ability is 1 second long, and it takes longer then that for the typhoon to reload a shot). the gun wasnt sparking and i hit it with 7 double typhoon shots in a row. the gun shouldve been sparking or fallen off long before the 7th shot hit. like i said i can hit a hammerfall and have it fall off in 1 shot.

hammerfall - 221 durability - 1 shot comes off

breaker - 387 durability - 7 shots and it wont come off

i get that it has the ability, so lets take that into account, 1 hit with a double typhoon the gun should be sparking or at least have done a ton of damage to it, 2 hits should activate the ability, third hit should peel it off with a direct hit. except thats not how it functions. i dont get how the gun is so durable, even without the ability activating. it makes no sense. the only guns that can take off a breaker is another breaker and a scorpion. those are the only ones i have seen that can compete with it. it just doesnt make sense.

Breaker perk is a direct nerf to scorp vs breaker.  Prepatxh scorps pwned breakers.  Now... Not so much.  Now breakers can strip both scorps before I get a breaker off. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess you're just not actually hitting the weapon itself. Mind that the Typhoon's shell (same as any other cannon) has a giant hitbox with the radius of 1.5 blocks, so the shell is very likely to explode at a part that in front of the Breaker instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, _Lemmy44_ said:

Guess you're just not actually hitting the weapon itself. Mind that the Typhoon's shell (same as any other cannon) has a giant hitbox with the radius of 1.5 blocks, so the shell is very likely to explode at a part that in front of the Breaker instead.

Is there good pictures of hitboxes for weapons?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Zarrurer said:

yeah i seen that, the issue is im hitting them directly everytime constantly, so there is no time for the ability to reactivate as i keep pounding the gun with cannon shots (the guns ability is 1 second long, and it takes longer then that for the typhoon to reload a shot). the gun wasnt sparking and i hit it with 7 double typhoon shots in a row. the gun shouldve been sparking or fallen off long before the 7th shot hit. like i said i can hit a hammerfall and have it fall off in 1 shot.

hammerfall - 221 durability - 1 shot comes off

breaker - 387 durability - 7 shots and it wont come off

i get that it has the ability, so lets take that into account, 1 hit with a double typhoon the gun should be sparking or at least have done a ton of damage to it, 2 hits should activate the ability, third hit should peel it off with a direct hit. except thats not how it functions. i dont get how the gun is so durable, even without the ability activating. it makes no sense. the only guns that can take off a breaker is another breaker and a scorpion. those are the only ones i have seen that can compete with it. it just doesnt make sense.

My experience exactly. I have given up on degunning breakers and just go for the kill now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Claysdad said:

My experience exactly. I have given up on degunning breakers and just go for the kill now. 

I still target breaker weapons with my scorps, because I'll still strip them faster than I kill them with cabin dammage.  It will just take four perfect shots to do it   best case scenario I get them to one sparking breaker before I'm stripped. 

Man I wish they'd revert the breaker back.  Hate how I could 1v 2 two breakers and strip them, now I have trouble beating one and stripping it. 

The patch took me from loving breakers on enemy teams because its easy stripping, to hating breakers, because they are everywhere and I can't strip them half as well now. 

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Breakers got a buff when at the same time Cyclones and Chords got a nerf...end of convo

 

Breakers should get a buff because i kill them little tryhards in Clan wars...You know who you are.

Edited by ZeroFkz86
buff
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2020 at 6:22 PM, tenshiijin said:

I still target breaker weapons with my scorps, because I'll still strip them faster than I kill them with cabin dammage.  It will just take four perfect shots to do it   best case scenario I get them to one sparking breaker before I'm stripped. 

Man I wish they'd revert the breaker back.  Hate how I could 1v 2 two breakers and strip them, now I have trouble beating one and stripping it. 

The patch took me from loving breakers on enemy teams because its easy stripping, to hating breakers, because they are everywhere and I can't strip them half as well now. 

I love killing you in pvp

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2020 at 5:18 AM, _Lemmy44_ said:

Guess you're just not actually hitting the weapon itself. Mind that the Typhoon's shell (same as any other cannon) has a giant hitbox with the radius of 1.5 blocks, so the shell is very likely to explode at a part that in front of the Breaker instead.

ok but that begs the question, why does a hammerfall come off in 1 shot yet it takes multiple shots to strip off a breaker? hammerfall takes 1 shot, 221 durability, and it will come clean off, and they are smaller then the breaker. the breaker is 387 durability 166 points more then the hammerfall and bigger but harder to strip off? it makes no sense! yes cannon shots can have a big area to hit but theres more going on here. i shot an armored build, humback with 2 shotguns, 1 breaker 1 hammerfall, i shot the hammerfall that was heavily armored and it came clean off, i shoot the breaker with multiple hits (at least 5 direct hits) didnt come off, wasnt even sparking. how do you explain this?

Edited by Zarrurer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about limiting Breakers and all the relics to clan wars only.

Same with all the relics for all i care. People then had a chance in example doing the Stürm Warnings when theres no more one ,same guy ruling 7 battles in a row with 2 breakers without breaking sweat. I need to sell my real car to get one it seems.:biggrin:

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

How about limiting Breakers and all the relics to clan wars only.

Same with all the relics for all i care. People then had a chance in example doing the Stürm Warnings when theres no more one ,same guy ruling 7 battles in a row with 2 breakers without breaking sweat. I need to sell my real car to get one it seems.:biggrin:

That would suck.  They could do something like, if your vehicle isn't at least x powerscore than you can't take your ride in to battle with the relic weapon on.  It would have to correlate with each relic ps as well though. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

How about limiting Breakers and all the relics to clan wars only.

I'd rather not make any weapons indestructible, and call it a day.

Look, I just started Clan Wars last night, and I ran into Porcupines.  Fortunately, I had a Spark, so I could deal with them.  If we eliminate Relics from regular play (8v8 missions) then when players get to Clan Wars, they won't know how to deal with them.  

Breakers are indestructible, for more than long enough for the player to rush in, and kill you.  Unless they're stupid enough to mount them on something that's weak, and exposed (Can't say I've seen that yet) there's basically nothing you can do.

That's the problem.  Not having Relics as a build option.  I don't want to limit any players' build options.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Breakers aren't as much a problem for constant dmg weapons, they are for high dmg slow reload ones though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

"I'd rather not make any weapons indestructible, and call it a day.

Breakers are indestructible, for more than long enough for the player to rush in, and kill you.  Unless they're stupid enough to mount them on something that's weak, and exposed (Can't say I've seen that yet) there's basically nothing you can do."

I could live with that, easily, so +1.

Edited by Siberian_Jay3x6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, tenshiijin said:

Breakers aren't as much a problem for constant dmg weapons, they are for high dmg slow reload ones though. 

They are a problem for reapers. That is pretty constant.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2020 at 10:05 PM, Claysdad said:

They are a problem for reapers. That is pretty constant.

If you play a reaper spider like I have seen you do. That isnt a problem for many builds or dog/shotguns. Reaper spiders are only good in pairs

breakers should strip those things easily as they were a counter before

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, zengerz66 said:

If you play a reaper spider like I have seen you do. That isnt a problem for many builds or dog/shotguns. Reaper spiders are only good in pairs

breakers should strip those things easily as they were a counter before

I dont disagree that breakers should be able to strip reapers when up close. I wrote that to refute tens' post. I will say I think breakers have too much range. I can kapkan them, drop back 30M, and they still strip me. That is where the lack of balance between weapons is exposed. They can out duel niddhogs up close and reapers at the close/mid range level at the same time. They shouldnt be the master at both domains.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.