tenshiijin

Another cw thread

Half the teams in cw can't get uranium.  They have to climb over 200 clans to even get a chance at uranium.  The stratification here is very very unfair, and discouraging to clans.  As in they disband. 

Please fix this devs.  Even rust should have a little uranium cap of maybe 10.  Tin could have a cap of 15 or 20.

Its very unfair imo.  And its not like i ever land in those leagues.  I usually don't get uranium because I'm gold capped, or we dip in to silver for a moment before tickling the bhawlz of diamond. 

Mor love for the little guys please. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 6

Rust should not have uranium. That means showing up is the only criteria, which doesn't go along with endgame content at all.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, *Jomar_SL said:

Rust should not have uranium. That means showing up is the only criteria, which doesn't go along with endgame content at all.

I agree.  (And I'm in Rust.)  Unless you're matched with a Uranium Earning team.  If I'm just starting out, with a thrown together clan, and a 6K in with the 10, and 14 Ks.  (I am) Then I'm forced to fight let's say a Bronze Team.  We should get Uranium for beating them.  

A Bronze team beating a Rust team, and getting Uranium, when we only get Scrap, even if we win, is imbalanced.  I don't mind being the underdogs, and fighting an uphill battle, but if we win?  It should be worth it.

• Upvote 6

I agree, Tenshiijin.

1 hour ago, *Jomar_SL said:

Having a clan and showing up should be the only criteria. Because this encourages involvement. Wouldn't it be better if everyone wanted to get into clan wars? It's hardly 'end-game content'. There is like a 6000 PS requirement, or something? don't even need to be Engi 30 to queue up. Not to mention there is no actual additional 'content'. So, the definition hardly seems to fit.
No, I say reward people for showing up, and you will end up with a more varied, balanced and fun Clan Wars. Perhaps, they might one day get enough clans playing to actually implement a proper league system, not this half-baked one they have now.
The only real issue is the devaluation of Uranium, but that doesn't bother me at all. And, if you have all the toys you want, as you've said earlier, then I can't see why it would bother you.

1 hour ago, psiberzerker said:

I agree.  (And I'm in Rust.)  Unless you're matched with a Uranium Earning team.  If I'm just starting out, with a thrown together clan, and a 6K in with the 10, and 14 Ks.  (I am) Then I'm forced to fight let's say a Bronze Team.  We should get Uranium for beating them.  

A Bronze team beating a Rust team, and getting Uranium, when we only get Scrap, even if we win, is imbalanced.  I don't mind being the underdogs, and fighting an uphill battle, but if we win?  It should be worth it.

Yes, the League system doesn't work at all in this regard. Rust should fight Rust, Tin vs Tin and so on, which is kinda the whole point of leagues. I think there just isn't enough participation to fill the leagues.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Sifu_Bob said:

Having a clan and showing up should be the only criteria. Because this encourages involvement. Wouldn't it be better if everyone wanted to get into clan wars? It's hardly 'end-game content'. There is like a 6000 PS requirement, or something? don't even need to be Engi 30 to queue up. Not to mention there is no actual additional 'content'. So, the definition hardly seems to fit.
No, I say reward people for showing up, and you will end up with a more varied, balanced and fun Clan Wars. Perhaps, they might one day get enough clans playing to actually implement a proper league system, not this half-baked one they have now.
The only real issue is the devaluation of Uranium, but that doesn't bother me at all. And, if you have all the toys you want, as you've said earlier, then I can't see why it would bother you.

You can build a 6000 ps car with whites and farm relics. Hollows out the game? Cool!

• Confused 3
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sifu_Bob said:

Yes, the League system doesn't work at all in this regard. Rust should fight Rust, Tin vs Tin and so on, which is kinda the whole point of leagues. I think there just isn't enough participation to fill the leagues.

The MM should work with the clan score, and nothing else. This gives a fluid system where you face an opponent relatively close to your performance, no matter where you are on the ladder. The main point with leagues is to avoid pure ganking at reset and give incentive to perform through resource limit.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, *Jomar_SL said:

Ten uranium cap is hardly going to get them very far, but it helps to encourage players to keep fighting.  No one's dropping leagues to get in to a ten uranium cap.  It would take 60 weeks to get a relic with 10 ore weekly cap. I don't think it will be even remotely close to causing issues. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, psiberzerker said:

Also a good point.  Uranium earnings should be based on the highest tier clan in the fight.  So if a gold fights a diamond team and wins then the gold team should get diamond ore amounts as a reward as well. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, *Jomar_SL said:

The MM should work with the clan score, and nothing else. 

It doesn't.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, tenshiijin said:

Ten uranium cap is hardly going to get them very far, but it helps to encourage players to keep fighting.  No one's dropping leagues to get in to a ten uranium cap.  It would take 60 weeks to get a relic with 10 ore weekly cap. I don't think it will be even remotely close to causing issues. 

With a big influx of newbies fighting for uranium, they will not only occupy rust league. The consequences follows the system all the way up. More clans are more points, but only a few will be locked in safe leagues.

10 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

It doesn't.

But it should.

9 minutes ago, *Jomar_SL said:

With a big influx of newbies fighting for uranium, they will not only occupy rust league. The consequences follows the system all the way up. More clans are more points, but only a few will be locked in safe leagues.

Part of the problem is having an even number of Clans queued up, at any given time, on any given night.  If there's 247 Rust squads queued up, then 123 of them can fight 123 of the others.  Leaving at least one to sit out that (Best of 3, 5 minute matches) round, or fight a Tin league.  

I don't have a problem fighting a Tin league.  I don't have a problem with fighting a Bronze league, or even being beaten by them.  We took our losses (7/10) because we just got started last night.  We also managed to rush a team, camping Base on Ship Graveyard, with King Mines, and a purely defensive unit composition.  (Barriers, I'm not going through their entire lineup, but you get the idea.)

We won, that game.  With a 6K Equalizer Wedge on our team, who'd never played Clan Wars before.  Lost the round 2:1, but it's not unreasonable to ask that if we have to fight Uranium Earning teams (Because Probability, and potential 15 minute wait times) we should be rewarded for it.

9 minutes ago, *Jomar_SL said:

But it should.

Is a rediculous oversimplification.  It can't.  Not without guaranteeing an even number of Every Tier all queueing up at once.  That's not a solution, it's a fantasy.

Edited by psiberzerker

1 minute ago, psiberzerker said:

Nice story

Not what I'm talking about.

3 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

I a rediculous oversimplification.  It can't.  Not without guaranteeing an even number of Every Tier all queueing up at once.  That's not a solution, it's a fantasy.

What are you on about? I say MM should be without tiers, just considering your clan score. Ofc, in the case of no available opponents it will broaden the search radius after a while, and it already does.

6 minutes ago, *Jomar_SL said:

Not what I'm talking about.

What are you on about? I say MM should be without tiers, just considering your clan score. Ofc, in the case of no available opponents it will broaden the search radius after a while, and it already does.

Your ideas are often bad. 

Just now, tenshiijin said:

Your ideas are often bad. 

:DD

Cute.

28 minutes ago, *Jomar_SL said:

In the case of no available opponents it will broaden the search radius after a while, and it already does.

To what, Dubai?  I recently got in a match (Mission) with a team in Dubai, and it was a lagfest.

No thanks, I'd rather duke it out with a Tin team for 1 round, if it's all the same to you.

1 tier higher would be doable.  Rust only has to fight Tin, Tin only has to fight Rust, and Bronze...  But if they fight Bronze, for Uranium, 30 Scrap is a pretty crappy reward, when you can get that Seal Clubbing.

Edited by psiberzerker

5 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

To what, Dubai?  I recently got in a match (Mission) with a team in Dubai, and it was a lagfest.

No thanks, I'd rather duke it out with a Tin team for 1 round, if it's all the same to you.

2 tiers higher would be doable.  Rust only has to fight Tin, Tin only has to fight Rust, and Bronze...  But if they fight Bronze, for Uranium, 30 Scrap is a pretty crappy reward, when you can get that Seal Clubbing.

Radius in terms of points difference. Ffs...

4 minutes ago, *Jomar_SL said:

Radius in terms of points difference. 

Meaning Power Scores?  Just to clarify which Points you're talking about.

1 minute ago, psiberzerker said:

Meaning Power Scores?  Just to clarify which Points you're talking about.

If you read what I write before you reply, you would already know I'm taking about clan score. The points that clans accumulate in the CW ranking system.

YellowCard.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, *Jomar_SL said:

If you read what I write before you reply, you would already know I'm taking about clan score. 

Okay, but Clan Score doesn't seem to factor into Matchmaking, and I want a Good fight.  Not a fair fight.

If you read what I'm saying, before you reply, then you'd be talking about Uranium.  The reward.  Not Matchmaking.  I don't have a problem with being matched with a higher scoring clan, that just ups the challenge.  I learn more from fighting my betters anyway.

I have a problem with them earning Uranium, while we're playing for Scrap.  Scrap<..........<Uranium.

Get it?

Edited by psiberzerker

9 hours ago, tenshiijin said:

Half the teams in cw can't get uranium.  They have to climb over 200 clans to even get a chance at uranium.  The stratification here is very very unfair, and discouraging to clans.  As in they disband. 

Please fix this devs.  Even rust should have a little uranium cap of maybe 10.  Tin could have a cap of 15 or 20.

Its very unfair imo.  And its not like i ever land in those leagues.  I usually don't get uranium because I'm gold capped, or we dip in to silver for a moment before tickling the bhawlz of diamond. 

Mor love for the little guys please. 

No participation trophies. Get 3 friends, get some meta CW builds, and play with only those 3 people to get a dedicated CW squad where you know how everybody meshes with eachother. Its not hard to get into Bronze or Silver. 

30 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

Okay, but Clan Score doesn't seem to factor into Matchmaking, and I want a Good fight.  Not a fair fight.

If you read what I'm saying, before you reply, then you'd be talking about Uranium.  The reward.  Not Matchmaking.  I don't have a problem with being matched with a higher scoring clan, that just ups the challenge.  I learn more from fighting my betters anyway.

I have a problem with them earning Uranium, while we're playing for Scrap.  Scrap<..........<Uranium.

Get it?

Clan score does factor in on mm. Us at the top notice this.

I read what you write. But you are the one quoting me and get confused. I'm not at all interested in what happens as result of fights between different leagued teams, and haven't at all said anything about that. Post it as a standalone post or quote something relevant. As far as I'm concerned, your league is what you have deserved from your general performance.

I've many times suggested several ways to make sub uranium leagues more profitable. Uranium is not the only resource in this game.

7 minutes ago, *Jomar_SL said:

Uranium is not the only resource in this game.

True, but Scrap is practically free.  You have to understand how competing with higher ranked clans, with Relics, for Scrap kinda sucks.  

And then we have people showing up with art builds into competitive gaming whining here.. yawn Tenshiii 

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, i7vEGA said:

And then we have people showing up with art builds into competitive gaming whining here.

What art builds in Competitive gaming?  Where did you see that?

I have art builds, yes.  I even posted some here, but you know what?  I have 6 Blueprints saved.  6 more in Exhibition.  

That means that I can have "Art builds" and competitive builds, for competition.  I have Raid builds too, but that doesn't mean I try to play them in Clan Wars.

Tell you what.  Show me an Art Build in Clan Wars, and I'll believe you.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Confused 4
  • Upvote 2

I have a sports bra, and that means that I never wear anything else.  GTFooH with that BS.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4