tenshiijin

Another cw thread

30 minutes ago, i7vEGA said:

And then we have people showing up with art builds into competitive gaming whining here.. yawn Tenshiii 

20 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

What art builds in Competitive gaming?  Where did you see that?

READ before you feel attacked, psi. Vega was referring to OP who wants everyone to have uranium while showing up with this:

Is that artsy enough for you?

20200729_165525.jpg

• Thanks 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Sifu_Bob said:

I agree, Tenshiijin.

Having a clan and showing up should be the only criteria. Because this encourages involvement. Wouldn't it be better if everyone wanted to get into clan wars? It's hardly 'end-game content'. There is like a 6000 PS requirement, or something? don't even need to be Engi 30 to queue up. Not to mention there is no actual additional 'content'. So, the definition hardly seems to fit.
No, I say reward people for showing up, and you will end up with a more varied, balanced and fun Clan Wars. Perhaps, they might one day get enough clans playing to actually implement a proper league system, not this half-baked one they have now.
The only real issue is the devaluation of Uranium, but that doesn't bother me at all. And, if you have all the toys you want, as you've said earlier, then I can't see why it would bother you.

Yes, the League system doesn't work at all in this regard. Rust should fight Rust, Tin vs Tin and so on, which is kinda the whole point of leagues. I think there just isn't enough participation to fill the leagues.

This. 

I like this thinking

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, *IUM-235 said:

READ before you feel attacked, psi. 

I don't feel "Attacked."  there's other things, like interested, fascinated, or curious that I can feel, when asking a question.  You might try it some time.

Is that artsy enough for you?

2 Scorpions, a Nova, and what?  Am I supposed to sneer, or something, because Bigrams?  That's not pretty enough to call an "Art" build.  So, I assume they have some idea what they're doing.

Rather than assuming they have no idea what they're doing based on a secondhand screencap.  I know what Art looks like, though.  That ain't him.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 2

Art is in the eye of the beholder...

Wait, that’s not the expression at all. Sorry.

Maybe some Oscar Wilde instead: “all art is useless”

Edited by poony4u2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, i7vEGA said:

And then we have people showing up with art builds into competitive gaming whining here.. yawn Tenshiii 

Completely irrelevant to the topic. He would not benefit from his suggestion. I also am in a clan above bronze and tin but i agree there should be something. Pretending that 10 uranium a week will upset the apple cart is a bit silly. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, *Jomar_SL said:

Rust should not have uranium. That means showing up is the only criteria, which doesn't go along with endgame content at all.

Showing up us not the only criteria. Winning is CW is the criteria. 

I disagree with the notion that relics should be nearly impossible for the majority to obtain. It takes away from the game experience for most. That said, 10 uranium a week isnt going to make much of a difference. Relics will still remain difficult to obtain for most. It will serve to help beef up the CW ranks though, which should be the goal of all, no?

• Upvote 4

I do not agree with handing out uranium to everybody

Unless another tier of weapon above relics is added to the game, and an actual competetive feature above cw is added, no. There is zero reason to give out the most prestigious reward in the game to a 1 week old account, dont tell me its not possible ive done it twice now. 6k ps is nothing.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, poony4u2 said:

Maybe some Oscar Wilde instead: “all art is useless”

"Thou art God."

~V. M. Smith.

1 hour ago, Babylonsburning said:

I do not agree with handing out uranium to everybody

Unless another tier of weapon above relics is added to the game, and an actual competetive feature above cw is added, no. There is zero reason to give out the most prestigious reward in the game to a 1 week old account, dont tell me its not possible ive done it twice now. 6k ps is nothing.

Well, this is just a straw man, really. No one is saying to give out relics to 1 week old accounts. 10 Uranium does not a Relic make. Though, for that matter,  a 1 day old account can dump some cash and buy Scorpions, can't it? Kinda detracts from the 'prestige' a little bit when anyone can just buy their way in.
Though, another game mode would be good, game is kinda lacking variety.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Sifu_Bob said:

Though, for that matter,  a 1 day old account can dump some cash and buy Scorpions, can't it? 

Well, yeah, but that's going to look like this:

CFAC8A3418F6334CF2A61FC6719A4D8890599AB9

You can't buy Structure parts.  Well, I guess they can buy Packs too, but that Scorpion alone costs enough to play a AAA MMO for a year, and a half.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Haha 1

Just now, psiberzerker said:

Well, yeah, but that's going to look like this:

CFAC8A3418F6334CF2A61FC6719A4D8890599AB9

You can't buy Structure parts.  Well, I guess they can buy packs too, but that scorpion costs enough to play a AAA MMO for a year, and a half.

TBH, that does look pretty sweet. Clans beware!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sifu_Bob said:

Clans beware!

You can't buy Reputation levels, either.  He's still going to have to grind for a week.  

7 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

You can't buy Reputation levels, either.  He's still going to have to grind for a week.  

I reckon you could get engineers 10 in a day, it doesn't take that long

16 minutes ago, Sifu_Bob said:

I reckon you could get engineers 10 in a day, it doesn't take that long

It takes about a week, if you know what you're doing.

You're still talking about:

165DBDC9A067EB4F4C6E705DE80AF89AA3D9B65E

And whatever the starter faction gives you for joining.  Not enough for a CW build, unless you buy all the packs.  Not worth the money.

1 minute ago, psiberzerker said:

It takes about a week, if you know what you're doing.

You're still talking about:

And whatever the starter faction gives you for joining.  Not enough for a CW build, unless you buy all the packs.  Not worth the money.

My point wasn't that a 1 day old account with a Scorp would be CW competitive build, but simply that it is possible. Generally, truly prestigious things are not available to the general public. Like, Ferrari don't sell their cars to just anyone, and the limited edition models are even harder to get.

You can set your clan recruitment as low as engineers 10. Someone can join in clan wars pretty soon after they have started, depending on how quick they get to 6k. It doesn't actually claim to be 'end-game' content, unless they consider Engi 10 to be end game. It simply claims to be a way to fight with your clan mates against other clans. It only appears 'end game' because any new clan trying it out faces clans that have been around for ages, relics and all.
I mean, they have separate queues for under Engineers 30 and over Engineers 30, so if those same players queued for normal scrap fights, they wouldn't even see the players from those top clans in battle, funnily enough.

Many games have league systems, but this is the first I have played where leagues mean nothing in match-making.

3 minutes ago, Sifu_Bob said:

My point wasn't that a 1 day old account with a Scorp would be CW competitive build.

No, you really can't.  I just did my first CW matches last night, and I started last year, with a Born Free pack, and a Joule.  I even knew exactly how to milk the daily bonus Reputation, and it took me about a week.

It took me 2 months to FIND a Clan that actually plays CW, here on these Forums.  Now, we're ranked #885 in the Rust League with 25 Points, and it will be a couple months before we're Bronze, and start earning Uranium.

Stop.  It's not true.  It's not even close to true.  It takes more than a Scorpion to be competitive in Clan Wars.

Edited by psiberzerker

1 minute ago, psiberzerker said:

No, you really can't.  I just did my first CW matches last night, and I started last year, with a Born Free pack, and a Joule.  I even knew exactly how to milk the daily bonus Reputation, and it took me about a week.

It took me 2 months to FIND a Clan that actually plays CW, here on these Forums.  Now, we're ranked #885 in the Rust League with 25 Points, and it will be a couple months before we're Bronze, and start earning Uranium.

Stop.  It's not true.  It's not even close to true.  It takes more than a Scorpion to be competitive in Clan Wars.

That is not really the point, though. Just ignore the part about the scorp / presitge part. I'm more talking about the "Clan Wars is end-game" part.

8 minutes ago, Sifu_Bob said:

I'm more talking about the "Clan Wars is end-game" part.

Fine, then you can't do it without a Scorpion, either.  Look, my clan mates have 3 decked out Endgame Hovers.  No, they didn't carry me:

C7CE0155F4330DEBAE1CFB363747FD7253AA9C2F

In 1 day, of playing Clan Wars, we're ranked #885, Rust League, with 25 points.

It can't be done.  Period.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

Fine, then you can't do it without a Scorpion, either.  Look, my clan mates have 3 decked out Endgame Hovers.  No, they didn't carry me:

C7CE0155F4330DEBAE1CFB363747FD7253AA9C2F

In 1 day, of playing Clan Wars, we're ranked #885, Rust League, with 25 points.

It can't be done.  Period.

Sorry, what can't be done? I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing here.

(also, congrats on the win)

Edited by Sifu_Bob
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sifu_Bob said:

Sorry, what can't be done? I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing here.

19 minutes ago, Sifu_Bob said:

Someone can join in clan wars pretty soon after they have started, depending on how quick they get to 6k.

No, they can't.

19 minutes ago, Sifu_Bob said:

It only appears 'end game' because any new clan trying it out faces clans that have been around for ages, relics and all.

No, it wasn't.  Last night, when we started a New Clan.

You want to continue this charade, or change your story again?  YOU CAN'T JUST START CLAN WARS.  Not unless you're an Alt Account, with an already established clan, to carry you.  Even then, you can't just get to Clan Wars in the first day, it takes about a week.  

Even when you start Clan Wars, you have to get past Rust and Tin to Bronze before you start earning Uranium.  

9743EAB1F4C4D3C6D400B2915FBA94C6A427BF76

See?  ^Scrap.  IDK how long it will take to start earning Uranium, but it didn't happen the first night.  I don't expect it to happen the next time we play.  In fact, I'm not betting on it happening next month.

Any more claims you'd like to make about starting Clan Wars, while I'm here?

3 hours ago, Claysdad said:

Completely irrelevant to the topic. He would not benefit from his suggestion. I also am in a clan above bronze and tin but i agree there should be something. Pretending that 10 uranium a week will upset the apple cart is a bit silly. 

I think I played with you again today. Pretty sure you got MVP. I felt bad for the other team.

9 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

No, they can't.

No, it wasn't.  Last night, when we started a New Clan.

You want to continue this charade, or change your story again?  YOU CAN'T JUST START CLAN WARS.  Not unless you're an Alt Account, with an already established clan, to carry you.  Even then, you can't just get to Clan Wars in the first day, it takes about a week.  

Even when you start Clan Wars, you have to get past Rust and Tin to Bronze before you start earning Uranium.  

See?  ^Scrap.  IDK how long it will take to start earning Uranium, but it didn't happen the first night.  I don't expect it to happen the next time we play.  In fact, I'm not betting on it happening next month.

Any more claims you'd like to make about starting Clan Wars, while I'm here?

Let's imagine you have 3 friends, and you all start the game together, and all put some money in, to buy premium and a pack. You spend your first day playing together, using flags, and adding decor from the pack. Even just doing raids, you level up before you've used all your fuel, and then they re-fill it for you. That is how I started the game, and I don't recall exactly how long it took to get to Engi 10, but it was very quick. I mean, every battle at 200% rep gain adds up fast. even after you have used the daily rep bonus. Your experience is not the same as that of others.

Now, I didn't start doing clan wars for a while myself, but technically, I could have bought 500 coins that day, made a clan as soon as I hit 10 (which, I still reckon can be done easy in a day with solid grinding, but probs took me a couple) gathered my 3 mates who had done the same, and queued up for clan wars. We wouldn't have won, most likely, unless we met a clan who did a similar thing, which I doubt.

I didn't say anything about earning uranium in relation to this, just that it is possible to participate in Clan Wars. The hurdle is low. If they intended it to be 'end- game' , why allow people to take part at Engi 10? why not 30?

I haven't changed my story at all, all I said to start with was "a 1 day old account can dump some cash and buy Scorpions, can't it?" to which you replied "yeah"...
I never claimed you could easily be out earning Uranium first day in the current system. I said "
My point wasn't that a 1 day old account with a Scorp would be CW competitive build"
I was saying that the idea that relics, or clan wars is some prestigious end-game thing is kinda cheapened by the fact that anyone can open their wallet to buy relics, and that Clan Wars is technically accessible to Aces. 

In fact, this whole thing is nothing but a derailment of what I was saying, and responding to. It really has nothing to do with the overall discussion. As Cotton noted in another thread, the game is kinda lacking variety and game modes. It gets stale kinda quick, unless you are a big fan of building, I think. If you are saying to people that they shouldn't even think about playing clan wars until they have spent 6 - 12 months grinding away in missions every day, then I would imagine many of those people will leave.

4 minutes ago, Sifu_Bob said:

It gets stale kinda quick, unless you are a big fan of building, I think. If you are saying to people that they shouldn't even think about playing clan wars until they have spent 6 - 12 months grinding away in missions every day, then I would imagine many of those people will leave.

I wonder if that’s why some of us see the game so differently? Building is the main appeal of the game to me, and there are so many parts and possibilities that I’m always entertained.

And since I’m not super competitive, I never felt impatient to get into CW. Felt like I had too much to learn first. Also, lurking the forums gave me the impression that CW wasn’t worth it, since all the die-hards seemed so miserable.

Back to the topic: making CW accessible for newer players would make the game more popular and that would help everything.

Some kind of PS league system seems like the most simple way to re-imagine it, with smaller rewards for lower PS. Clans could compete in any league, but then we could find out if the diamond players can actually still dominate without their fancy toys down at 6000PS.

There would be massive prestige if your clan could top all the leagues. 

I see it like classes of auto racing. Even go-kart racing has a serious competitive level.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

I wonder if that’s why some of us see the game so differently? Building is the main appeal of the game to me, and there are so many parts and possibilities that I’m always entertained.

I am a big fan of building also, I often build cars and use em for a day, and scrap em. But, I also have my builds that I constantly refine, but stay the same overall. The players I have talked to that aren't so keen on building tend to get bored quick though, I have found.

11 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

Some kind of PS league system seems like the most simple way to re-imagine it, with smaller rewards for lower PS. Clans could compete in any league, but then we could find out if the diamond players can actually still dominate without their fancy toys down at 6000PS.

There already is a league system, they could just use it. Rust plays rust, tin play tin, etc. then at the end of the season, you have promotion to the next league for those at the top of their league, and relegation down for those at the bottom of their league. Like how a normal league system works. I really think it is just that there isn't enough active clans to break them up into 5 queues, which is why they don't use the league system properly.

So, back to the OP's suggestion, that even Rust should have a small Uranium cap, to allow all Clan Wars players the chance to earn Uranium, I agree. I think it'd bring many clans into CW that don't participate now, and hopefully then we can actually use the league system, that is already mostly in place. I would imagine this would give everyone better fights, and a more fun clan wars experience.

• Upvote 1

If I had been able to get into Clan Wars as soon as I could make a decent 6000PS build, my experience of this game would have been so different.

• Upvote 1