tenshiijin

Another cw thread

8 hours ago, Babylonsburning said:

I do not agree with handing out uranium to everybody

Unless another tier of weapon above relics is added to the game, and an actual competetive feature above cw is added, no. There is zero reason to give out the most prestigious reward in the game to a 1 week old account, dont tell me its not possible ive done it twice now. 6k ps is nothing.

Uranium is not a participation trophy to be handed out to everyone they must earn it.It has been suggested many times to move batteries to clan wars so non uranium earning clans can gain some reward over PvP though those wanting participation trophies are against it,it will increase the value of batteries while maintaining the value of uranium.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

No, you really can't.  I just did my first CW matches last night, and I started last year, with a Born Free pack, and a Joule.  I even knew exactly how to milk the daily bonus Reputation, and it took me about a week.

It took me 2 months to FIND a Clan that actually plays CW, here on these Forums.  Now, we're ranked #885 in the Rust League with 25 Points, and it will be a couple months before we're Bronze, and start earning Uranium.

Stop.  It's not true.  It's not even close to true.  It takes more than a Scorpion to be competitive in Clan Wars.

My daughter earned uranium before 1500 battles in missions. There's no reason to wait a year.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Claysdad said:

Showing up us not the only criteria. Winning is CW is the criteria. 

Winning against what? If you create a scenario where players are winning with a Growl/Chords build, you basically created a scenario where showing up is the only criteria. There is always a winner in CW. No draws.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, *Jomar_SL said:

Winning against what? If you create a scenario where players are winning with a Growl/Chords build, you basically created a scenario where showing up is the only criteria. There is always a winner in CW. No draws.

In theory, that is true. I suggest it is not the most likely outcome though. Far too may players will be playing with 10k PS builds for that to be viable. Heck, increase the PS to 10 or 12k. And then even if scrubs do end up getting 10 uranium a week, it still doesnt change much for the top 60 clans. The uranium discrepancy will still be colossal. 

• Upvote 2

There's no reason to wait a year.

I didn't wait a year.  So, if the strawman argument is that I'm saying you have to wait a year, save it.

I'm saying you can't just jump right in and start Clan Wars that easily.  

My daughter earned uranium before 1500 battles in missions.

Did your daughter maybe have a little help from her dad?  Part of the problem is you can't jump into Clan Wars alone, because it's a team thing.  You need to find a clan, but if your dad happens to be a Clan Wars vet, that could make things a lot easier.

Also, I'm not accusing you of nepotism.  I'm happy for your daughter, and you sound proud of her.  I'm just guessing she's not a typical example, though.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Thanks 1

On 7/29/2020 at 2:22 PM, tenshiijin said:

Your ideas are often bad. 

Your attitude is bad. It is also just weird when someone is having such a big mouth on the forum while showing up in clanwars as a derp fruitcake. Makes it even more disturbing seeing you call skilled players a nhoob or nhooblet. You might want to take a look into the mirror and get of the silly clown horse with that disturbing attitude. I wonder what makes you think you yourself arent a nhooblet anymore and in the position to call better players a nhoooob and such :014j:

1 There is no reason to get those botton leagues uranium rewards as uranium already is easy to get anyway, you dont even need good players for that. It would be a bit disturbing that when the better players get rewarded and get to operate weapons accordingly by playing sweaty games, the worst players (as those are in those leagues naturally) will get given the same prestige reward for playing games beating the worst players....... You could basicly enter with full clown teams agains full clown teams and total clowns will get rewarded, how stupid would that be.

You simply just dont give the highest reward to the worst teams who beat the worst teams. Give players rewards when they actually overcome a certain treshold and not right at the start. reward people for the harder work and not for entry levels. The entry level is to get a taste of what you can expect, there you learn and addapt; and if you are good enough there are rewards waiting for you. 

2 And also the bs argument of getting uranium when you beat a team in a higher league.... uhmmm how about a big NO for a total lack of reasoning and just plain emotional bias as you can play diamond as a gold team and there can be 1 POINT difference between those teams as those POINTS will make the matchmaking. It is also the POINTS you as a clan deserve which makes in what 'uranium league' you play. So if your clan did not earn enough points on forehand to get in an uranium league; why should you get the same rewards as a team which proved themselves skilled/worth enough and deserve the points needed for this reward? Also look at matchmaking, what if a gold team full counters the diamond team and thus has a big advantage in the batte? 

If there is no logic and just emotional bias in many of these responses regarding how the game should be; just take a step back and stop contributing I guess. If for instance you fail to understand how this simple point system works; start questioning some things first please instead of tryharding on a forum :014j:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

23 hours ago, Chevypimp said:

Uranium is not a participation trophy to be handed out to everyone they must earn it.It has been suggested many times to move batteries to clan wars so non uranium earning clans can gain some reward over PvP though those wanting participation trophies are against it,it will increase the value of batteries while maintaining the value of uranium.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

I tried for a long time to get ura by other means in the forum in game.The way to earn uranium is by playing and having fun with a group of like minded players.Batteries in clan wars for a win in non uranium earning leagues remove batteries from PvP they are worthless.I quoted myself and got stuck with it unintentionally.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, zengerz66 said:

It would be a bit disturbing that when the better players get rewarded and get to operate weapons accordingly by playing sweaty games, the worst players (as those are in those leagues naturally) will get given the same prestige reward for playing games beating the worst players.....

By this logic, if we follow it to its end point, why should anyone other than the no. 1 clan get uranium? After all, they showed that they were the most worthy of it, so why give any to anyone else?

Give players rewards when they actually overcome a certain treshold and not right at the start. reward people for the harder work and not for entry levels

No one saying to give the highest reward to the worst teams, but instead to give the smallest reward to the worst teams, just that it is the same type of reward.

Give players rewards when they actually overcome a certain treshold and not right at the start. reward people for the harder work and not for entry levels.

The threshold they need to overcome is written into the game mode. 6k PS, level 10 Engi, and be in a clan. Why should it be higher than that? Seriously, why? Do you actually have a reason other than 'becoz'?
For example, entry level jobs; they pay less money than high level jobs, but it is the same currency, not a seperate one.

14 hours ago, zengerz66 said:

The entry level is to get a taste of what you can expect, there you learn and addapt; and if you are good enough there are rewards waiting for you

You've hit the nail on the head here, though. Give the entry level a taste, and let them know there are better rewards waiting for them if they get better / higher ranked.

At the end of the day this game, and Clan Wars in general, needs more players. They should be looking at ways to get more people involved, not ways to maintain the status quo.

• Upvote 3

Most importantly, Clan Battles should be played in the fog of war.
So that neither side knows who is playing what.
At the moment, players with fast vehicles know what to do right at the beginning of the battle when they see the enemy.
If the vehicles and weapons were not shown, it would have been better. Sometimes the game didn't show who had what, it was much more interesting.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, robsonnnn said:

Most importantly, Clan Battles should be played in the fog of war.
So that neither side knows who is playing what.
At the moment, players with fast vehicles know what to do right at the beginning of the battle when they see the enemy.
If the vehicles and weapons were not shown, it would have been better. Sometimes the game didn't show who had what, it was much more interesting.

How are you meant to come up with any type of game plan without seeing the enemy teams vehicles? When Clan wars first started you never used to see the opposing teams vehicles and I can tell you from experience it was horrible and people can easily exploit it. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Calibrated said:

How are you meant to come up with any type of game plan without seeing the enemy teams vehicles? When Clan wars first started you never used to see the opposing teams vehicles and I can tell you from experience it was horrible and people can easily exploit it. 

But back then clan battles also were only 1 round. It'd be a bit different now.

On 7/30/2020 at 5:33 PM, Claysdad said:

In theory, that is true. I suggest it is not the most likely outcome though. Far too may players will be playing with 10k PS builds for that to be viable. Heck, increase the PS to 10 or 12k. And then even if scrubs do end up getting 10 uranium a week, it still doesnt change much for the top 60 clans. The uranium discrepancy will still be colossal. 

I'd rather see the ps requirement go and move batteries to sub uranium leagues. This will make a higher amount of participating clans, and with that also push more clans up over 200 points. Transition from arcade to competition becomes smoother.

• Upvote 1

On 7/30/2020 at 5:38 PM, psiberzerker said:

I didn't wait a year.  So, if the strawman argument is that I'm saying you have to wait a year, save it.

I'm saying you can't just jump right in and start Clan Wars that easily.  

You said last year, without specifying. Could be anything between 6-18 months. I took the average. Strawman yourself.

On 7/30/2020 at 5:38 PM, psiberzerker said:

Did your daughter maybe have a little help from her dad?  Part of the problem is you can't jump into Clan Wars alone, because it's a team thing.  You need to find a clan, but if your dad happens to be a Clan Wars vet, that could make things a lot easier.

Also, I'm not accusing you of nepotism.  I'm happy for your daughter, and you sound proud of her.  I'm just guessing she's not a typical example, though.

What, you jealous? I've given the exact same advices here on the forums for everyone to use. These forums have a lot of helpfull users, if you ask for advice. Finding a clan isn't all that hard. I have friends that played only 3 months on pc before then went into cw to earn uranium with purples.

What can be done is rarely typically done. But the reason to the difference is usually on the users themselves.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, [email protected] said:

I'd rather see the ps requirement go and move batteries to sub uranium leagues. This will make a higher amount of participating clans, and with that also push more clans up over 200 points. Transition from arcade to competition becomes smoother.

I just dont see how that helps. Batteries arent worth anything as it is and as long as crafting recipes stay the same, they never will be. I dont see that serving as a carrot for those looking for resources. 

CW needs more time slots. On PS4, we dont see long waits for games. We do see long waits in between CW windows.

CW needs to be excluded from scrap limit. I understand capping uranium but toward the end of the week, players can be capped feom getting ANY resources. That is bad for the game.

Make the main CW have 11k PS mimimum and everyone who wins get uranium, even if capped at 5 or 10 for the week. 

Make a junior CW with PS 6k up to 10999 PS with no uranium. It can be batteries for all and electronics or plastic for winners. Caps just like the main CW. It would better prepare players to make the leap into the "big leagues". 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Claysdad said:

I just dont see how that helps. Batteries arent worth anything as it is and as long as crafting recipes stay the same, they never will be. I dont see that serving as a carrot for those looking for resources. 

CW needs more time slots. On PS4, we dont see long waits for games. We do see long waits in between CW windows.

CW needs to be excluded from scrap limit. I understand capping uranium but toward the end of the week, players can be capped feom getting ANY resources. That is bad for the game.

Make the main CW have 11k PS mimimum and everyone who wins get uranium, even if capped at 5 or 10 for the week. 

Make a junior CW with PS 6k up to 10999 PS with no uranium. It can be batteries for all and electronics or plastic for winners. Caps just like the main CW. It would better prepare players to make the leap into the "big leagues". 

Batteries are worthless due to availability and frequent grind for weekly badges. If moved to cw, value will rise. Also batteries should replace electronics for co-driver level ups, to help with the sink.

I wouldn't mind higher frequency on cw windows. At the top we sometimes have over 2 minutes of queuing, due to lack of other high scoring clans playing.

Agree. Scraps is used for CW, missions and brawls. Too easy to cap. Everything not missions should be outside the limit.

I'm not a fan of ps limits. The system should be as fluid as possible, based on performance, with lower value resources at the bottom to include newer players.

I'm not against rewarding electronics in CW, but it seems they want this to be for PvE.

Edited by [email protected]
Spelling
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

I never told anyone it takes "A year."  I never even implied it.  

Most of last year was over a year ago. If you don't want it to sound like that, don't put it like that.

On 7/31/2020 at 6:08 PM, Sifu_Bob said:

By this logic, if we follow it to its end point, why should anyone other than the no. 1 clan get uranium? After all, they showed that they were the most worthy of it, so why give any to anyone else?

No one saying to give the highest reward to the worst teams, but instead to give the smallest reward to the worst teams, just that it is the same type of reward.

The threshold they need to overcome is written into the game mode. 6k PS, level 10 Engi, and be in a clan. Why should it be higher than that? Seriously, why? Do you actually have a reason other than 'becoz'?
For example, entry level jobs; they pay less money than high level jobs, but it is the same currency, not a seperate one.

You've hit the nail on the head here, though. Give the entry level a taste, and let them know there are better rewards waiting for them if they get better / higher ranked.

At the end of the day this game, and Clan Wars in general, needs more players. They should be looking at ways to get more people involved, not ways to maintain the status quo.

well you are bending my answer to black and white extremes; not needed.

I dont think it is very hard to understand the logic in my explanations. 

I stated that rust/tin are N00b leagues and those n00bs basicly cant handle their weapons there; so dont give them uranium you can craft relics with. if you are in rust/tin you arent competitive at all; and uranium is an elite reward. That treshhold is higher than the gamecode; its the actual players who arent even good who gatekeep other players out of uranium. Its basicly n00bs preventing even bigger n00bs from earning uranium; such a cryfest. The entry is so low you should not give 6k builds directly uranium for a lousy win after losing 6 battles; they already earn scrap there; even for losing. The treshold is there to prevent teams earning uranium for just a couple of lucky wins; nobody should earn elite rewards because of luck; they should prove themselves consistant for such a reward; that cancels out the luck in those wins. 

So many skilles beggars who want to earn some easy coins without putting in the mentality/effort other players have done; I find it a sickening and weak disturbing mentality. Earning coin in this game also starts with having a mentality; building and improving yourself also. First invest in yourself and show a good enough mentality before you get the juicy rewards. It is almost too easy already if new players can buy a set of relics after 3 months starting out from scratch. 

No need to cry for more uranium if actually it are n00bs who gatekeep you from uranium; just overcome the n00b treshold; that is all. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

On 8/2/2020 at 2:05 PM, Calibrated said:

Have you ever played World of Tanks on PC? There is fog of war and no enemy vehicles are visible. 
When you see your opponent and see his weapon, you know if you can drive up or not. You can see it very often in battles,
the team has no kapkan, they go fast and to the goal. If you can't see the weapon you have to combine.

I am pretty much new as I took a long break, joined a clan,played clan wars and my poor remedy dog(teammates were also running purple dogs)  got annihilated by legendaries which were 10000k ps+(we were only 7000 - 9000)and left with 600 scrap after god knows how many rounds. 

• Sad 2

On 8/4/2020 at 4:26 AM, [email protected] said:

Batteries are worthless due to availability and frequent grind for weekly badges. If moved to cw, value will rise. Also batteries should replace electronics for co-driver level ups, to help with the sink.

I wouldn't mind higher frequency on cw windows. At the top we sometimes have over 2 minutes of queuing, due to lack of other high scoring clans playing.

Agree. Scraps is used for CW, missions and brawls. Too easy to cap. Everything not missions should be outside the limit.

I'm not a fan of ps limits. The system should be as fluid as possible, based on performance, with lower value resources at the bottom to include newer players.

I'm not against rewarding electronics in CW, but it seems they want this to be for PvE.

Ugh your still arguing with people about your bad battery idea?  Just stop pushing your bad idea... 

• Upvote 1

On 8/21/2020 at 6:43 PM, tenshiijin said:

Ugh your still arguing with people about your bad battery idea?  Just stop pushing your bad idea... 

Its a good idea. Dunno why anyo e would argue this. If it was the only way to earn batteries, there would be more people shlwing up to cw wouldnt there.

However if it were up to me, id move batteries out of pvp, and straight to invasions, and make them significantly more difficult.

Because Copper is also way too available, its so available that one loses approx 2 coins per raid in a medium after factoring in badges as well.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Babylonsburning said:

Its a good idea. Dunno why anyo e would argue this. If it was the only way to earn batteries, there would be more people shlwing up to cw wouldnt there.

However if it were up to me, id move batteries out of pvp, and straight to invasions, and make them significantly more difficult.

Because Copper is also way too available, its so available that one loses approx 2 coins per raid in a medium after factoring in badges as well.  

I can agree with batteries in invasion sure. There's already enough venues for copper.  But forcing a resource for leg weps to be only obtainable in cw is not good for new players.  Of whom are lower ps and many don't have a clan.  Sure make relics a thing u need a clan to get, but making legendaries only obtainable through clanwars is not good for any new player.  Only good for vets...and they aren't usually in low tiers.

Yes I know there's a market.  But that's a poor way to get a resource.  By trading you lessen progression by coin loss.  Getting less bang for the buck. 

Think of the Aces yo.  Think of the Aces. 

• Upvote 1

I think Electronics makes more sense, because it is arguably a Hard Raid.  I don't see the point of making Batteries a PvP, and PvE resource.