tenshiijin

Another cw thread

On 8/24/2020 at 9:39 PM, psiberzerker said:

I think Electronics makes more sense, because it is arguably a Hard Raid.  I don't see the point of making Batteries a PvP, and PvE resource.

I would take batteries out of pvp, and put into only leviathans, and make the leviathans harder. Straight up 20% durability buff . I think it would help with the over flux of badges, batteries, and copper all in 1 go, while making then stikk available to farm by everyone if they wanted to

• Thanks 1

On 8/25/2020 at 2:35 AM, tenshiijin said:

I can agree with batteries in invasion sure. There's already enough venues for copper.  But forcing a resource for leg weps to be only obtainable in cw is not good for new players.  Of whom are lower ps and many don't have a clan.  Sure make relics a thing u need a clan to get, but making legendaries only obtainable through clanwars is not good for any new player.  Only good for vets...and they aren't usually in low tiers.

Yes I know there's a market.  But that's a poor way to get a resource.  By trading you lessen progression by coin loss.  Getting less bang for the buck.

Relics are pretty common, and changes could make them even more common. Then PvP matches become relic-fests, and new players go 'huh?' and give up. As would changing batteries to being a CW resource, ie to get legendaries you'd need to either buy batteries, or find an active clan. Which also kinda sucks given legendaries can be an entry-level to viability in CW.. Or some of them at least.

But there are also meta-teams. So a team of 4 triple cricket hovers can be very nasty. High alpha, and high mobility.. And obtainable. What isn't is teamwork to make that kind of team effective, because that needs the clan to work as a team.. Which also means a non-relic team can beat all-relic teams because relics aren't automatic 'I win' weapons. And they're obtainable outside of CW anyway, ie legendaries can sell for 5-6k, relics for 30k, so craft stuff, buy relics. Also possible to do crafting epics, it'll just take longer.

For me, I think the bigger challenge can be balancing & meta. Looking at the market gives an idea of current meta, ie most expensive stuff having the most perceived value. Sorry Aspects, you want Porcs.. although in theory, a skilled machine gunner might be able to shoot the porcs as they launch and blow the launcher's face off. But then most MG's are fragile, and if you try to protect them, you limit your firing angles, and high-DPS weaps become no-DPS weaps if they can't fire. 

But such are the joys of CW. If you're constantly facing teams equipped with X, and losing, try something different or join the meta. Then with equally equipped teams, it'll come down to skill. +/- the occasional map advantage. I've only been playing CW a few months, and one thing that suprises me is the number of teams faced that either don't have radar, or aren't looking at it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brolo said:

Relics are pretty common...

LOL, I just have to point out the unintentional irony here.  Since Commons are the opposite of relics.

</off topic>

5 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

LOL, I just have to point out the unintentional irony here.  Since Commons are the opposite of relics.

Intentional. Relics are only rares when they're uncommon. Instead, they're everywhere. Ok, so maybe Wednesday nights are different given it's not a CW night for a lot of players, so clans out in PvP.  A lot of relics in use in high-PS matches though. But that's also something to be expected. 'End-game' stuff starts out rare & shinies for the hardcore, but over time, because the norm, especially if that stuff is tradeable.

• Haha 1

On 9/16/2020 at 5:49 PM, Zarrurer said:

i was in tin and we were fighting teams in gold and diamond, hows that fair?

In my experience, that is very rare.

On 9/16/2020 at 10:36 AM, Brolo said:

Relics are pretty common, and changes could make them even more common. Then PvP matches become relic-fests, and new players go 'huh?' and give up. As would changing batteries to being a CW resource, ie to get legendaries you'd need to either buy batteries, or find an active clan. Which also kinda sucks given legendaries can be an entry-level to viability in CW.. Or some of them at least.

But there are also meta-teams. So a team of 4 triple cricket hovers can be very nasty. High alpha, and high mobility.. And obtainable. What isn't is teamwork to make that kind of team effective, because that needs the clan to work as a team.. Which also means a non-relic team can beat all-relic teams because relics aren't automatic 'I win' weapons. And they're obtainable outside of CW anyway, ie legendaries can sell for 5-6k, relics for 30k, so craft stuff, buy relics. Also possible to do crafting epics, it'll just take longer.

For me, I think the bigger challenge can be balancing & meta. Looking at the market gives an idea of current meta, ie most expensive stuff having the most perceived value. Sorry Aspects, you want Porcs.. although in theory, a skilled machine gunner might be able to shoot the porcs as they launch and blow the launcher's face off. But then most MG's are fragile, and if you try to protect them, you limit your firing angles, and high-DPS weaps become no-DPS weaps if they can't fire. 

But such are the joys of CW. If you're constantly facing teams equipped with X, and losing, try something different or join the meta. Then with equally equipped teams, it'll come down to skill. +/- the occasional map advantage. I've only been playing CW a few months, and one thing that suprises me is the number of teams faced that either don't have radar, or aren't looking at it.

while legendaries are 5 - 6k each, depending what you make, the time it takes to make them isnt worth the trouble. with 650 - 700 scrap for each rare its difficult to get enough resources to actually get up to legendary in terms of scrap. copper is the easiest to get and you get alot of it in raids. wires is pvp only, batteries is pvp only and electronics are raids only minus the badge exchange, but if you have no badges they do take a while to obtain. 

theres very little in terms of variety here. some resources are tied to only 1 way of getting them (im not counting badge exchange because of limits.) and others are tied to multiple things. 

scrap is pvp (you get alot), pve (you get next to nothing), and clan battles (you get more then standard pvp), also adventure but the rewards there are so bad its not worth it. and badges.

copper is all difficulties of raids (easy, medium, hard) and adventure but thats just terrible. and badges.

wires are locked to pvp and badges

batteries are locked to pvp and badges

electronics are locked to raids only and badges

i mean it would be fun if they switched it up more.

i just wish you could make weapons easier and make a good profit off them. they take way to much scrap to make rares.  your better off just selling the resources and pocketing the money.

On 9/19/2020 at 8:51 AM, Claysdad said:

In my experience, that is very rare.

wasnt really rare for me, in tin we were running into full relic teams and people in gold rank. 

9 hours ago, Zarrurer said:

wires are locked to pvp and badges

batteries are locked to pvp and badges

electronics are locked to raids only and badges

Yeah, but you can farm Wires, and Fuel together, and either burn that Fuel for Plastic, or just sell it on the Market to buy Badges or whatever.  The fastest Grind is Wires, at least reliably, but it sounds like you enjoy PvE enough to do Plastic, which is more lucrative in the long run.  (Price and availability is subject to change, yadda^3...)

9 hours ago, psiberzerker said:

Yeah, but you can farm Wires, and Fuel together, and either burn that Fuel for Plastic, or just sell it on the Market to buy Badges or whatever.  The fastest Grind is Wires, at least reliably, but it sounds like you enjoy PvE enough to do Plastic, which is more lucrative in the long run.  (Price and availability is subject to change, yadda^3...)

"or just sell it in the market to buy BADGES"

you cant buy badges lmfao.

i love pve more then pvp. alot more fun to blow up bots for me. i farm plastic mainly because its high in price, i could sell plastic and buy fuel infinitely. on good runs i get 40 - 43 plastic per run. fuel is going up for some reason and plastic is slowly going down. was 80 before but some are selling it for 77. i guess its not that bad though, even making 30 is still a little profit. but the only issue is some raids give you next to nothing (steel crradle which needs to be reworked). 

also you get 15 fuel per run assuming you have 2 fuel tanks on your vehicle and also assuming you win and dont die, you HAVE to WIN in order to get fuel and also not having your fuel tank be destroyed. which is off putting to me.

On 9/21/2020 at 3:23 AM, Zarrurer said:

wasnt really rare for me, in tin we were running into full relic teams and people in gold rank. 

I didnt say relics were rare, I said playing teams far from your rank was rare. I saw plenty of bronze teams with relics...i would assume they also litter tin and rust.

Cheer up chap! Make them cry about your purple weapons beating them. Relics are good but it doesnt mean those that use them are good. Epuc and legendary weapins can compete at the top, so I know they are also viable at the bottom.

• Thanks 1