Sethioz

Cabin upgrades are BROKEN! - I'm afraid to upgrade Cohort due this bug!

Error report
Describe problem and what you saw SCREENSHOT should explain it all, but when upgrading already upgraded cabin, I got 2 of the SAME exact perks. that should not be possible.
What you expected to see I expected to get a different perk as the cabin was already upgraded with higher tonnage limit, so I expected to get higher weight limit.
Conditions in which error reproduce don't know, try upgrading already upgraded cabin and see if you get the same perk or not.
Problem details I had upgraded Growl cabin, which had the "higher tonnage limit" perk. I re-upgraded that same cabin (right click on that upgraded cabin > upgrade) and got same exact perk, this should not be possible! NOTE that i'm aware that for re-upgrade I must first choose the originally upgraded cabin as source for new upgrade to get different perk, it used to work fine in past (according to lot of friends and forum posts). So I know how to re-upgrade to get a different perk, but it did not work.
Frequency of reproduction once
Time of bug  

Crossout Screenshot 2020.07.29 - 18.34.07.81_XnC.jpg

• Upvote 2

Sethioz, I am afraid since they changed the one perk system to the multiple perk system (regarding cabins 3 perks) I think that only one perk must change, not all. So in your case if the self destruction perk (the middle one) changed, the rest doesn’t have to. It can, but it’s not 100%. 

I don’t know if I am correct, but that’s at least has been my experience... so.. with items like ammo packs it’s veeery hard to get what you want, you can refuse 10 times and still not get it. Unless.. you are lucky.. 

let’s see if my theory is confirmed by the devs.. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

I don’t know if I am correct, but that’s at least has been my experience... 

I have fused about 11 items since that update and I had the same problem: only one perk changes. Its maddening considering that most of the times you have to fuse the same cabin 4 or 5 times to get what you want while before the update you had to do it twice at maximum.

I have suggested a fusion rework a million times but they never addressed it and the previous change was mostly un-wanted (and still is) by the majority of players  as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by lucashc90
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, lucashc90 said:

I have fused about 11 items since that update and I had the same problem: only one perk changes. Its maddening considering that most of the times you have to fuse the same cabin 4 or 5 times to get what you want while before the update you had to do it twice at maximum.

I have suggested a fusion rework a million times but they never addressed it and the previous change was mostly un-wanted (and still is) by the majority of players  as far as I'm concerned.

Yes.. it’s especially unwanted if you fuse your cabin 5 times, and in the end you get 3 perks, some of which are bugged (it is like this regarding cabins for example). So you spend much more money, and in the end you get an inferior item. 

yeah based on this info, not gonna upgrade cohort with those chances, it would be just a total waste. Devs are getting too greedy, they try and squeeze last pennies out of all players, it's quite sad and pathetic. Like it isn't grindy enough ... now there's a huge lottery going on with the upgrades.

• Like 2

How I think it should be done (I will quote myself):

My idea for refusing items is the following:

1. Bring the "not getting the same bonus twice" policy back
  2. Allow us to refuse new bonuses per batch instead of cancel the fusion as a whole
  3. Let us reroll each batch at the cost of an adtitional item
  4. Allow for mass fusions so its easier to standardize our inventories

It would basically work like this:

• Selects cabin that already have the +tonnage +suicide radius +lighter bonuses and fuse it again
  • New fused cabin have changed +tonnage for +weight limit, accept? YES
  • New fused cabin have changed +suicide radius for +suicide damage, accept? NO -> reroll? YES -> bonus changed from +suicide radius for +suicide damage, accept? NO -> reroll? YES -> bonus changed from +suicide radius to -suicide time, accept? YES (costed +1 cabin for each reroll, rolled twice because player was unlucky)
  • New fused cabin have changed +ligher to *whatever*, accept? NO -> reroll? NO
  • CONGRATUALTIONS, YOU HAVE UPDATED YOUR FUSED CABIN (it costed 4 cabins in this example but it can still cost 10 cabins HOWEVER the player will eventualy end up satisfied)

*in the case for "mass fusions", the cost for rerolls will obviously be multiplied for how many items are being currently being fused*

Its not cheap but it sure isn't the slotmachine system we got now and people would have a better chance because, let's be real here, staying the way it is will not make the game economy any better, it will only drive people away because we already have to spend so much on storage, blueprint, co-drivers, crafting, workbench and market fees that looking at a player that have so much money that can afford to waste 10 Echos just to get what he wants might be the last straw that will eventualy break the camel's back for many newcomers. Its currently a "the rich only get richer" situation.

• Thanks 3

You can get the exact same fuse as well too

Its not a bug just more greed

• Upvote 2

Same here. Come on Gaijin, Every upgrade should give a different perk. This is just greed. I'm getting tired of this game's golddigger policies.

fme.jpg

• Upvote 2

The new system of cabin fusing have 3X3X3=27 possibilities.

I am unsure if we can possible to end with all 3 same perks if we refusing a fused cabin. Having 1 or 2 of the same perks is quite likely.

The way I look at it. We should aim for 1 major perk.  The others just extras.  That would be 1/3 chance to get what we want.

• Thanks 1

No, upgrading is an endgame money drain that prevents inflation to the point of new players not being able to make any progress whatsoever. If you really want the absolute optimum (or liked) version, you have to invest time or money into it. Alternatively you can just live with a a little bit less tonnage.

Btw, wait until you try to upgrade 4+ tires to all be the same :D

On 7/30/2020 at 4:22 AM, Sethioz said:

I'm afraid to upgrade Cohort

Be VERY afraid of doing so:

MeBFzCA.jpg

Only ONE bonus changed, and it was the best one I had.

Edited by TotallyNotLucas
  • Sad 1

Quoting myself as well, just posted that in suggestions:

Hi @ll,

during the current special I noticed that I wanted to make a suggestion some time ago, here it comes: in my opinion the current fusion / upgrade system is a massive coin sink, which leads to frustration amongst players, even those like me (> 150 fusion attempts, with the majority on non-craftable epics and legendaries), especially when it comes to non-craftable cabins or legendary and relic items. Here is my suggestion how to change that: you shouldnt have to upgrade your item more than its number of upgrade classes +1 (i.e. not more than four times for threes classes). In order to achieve that, the system should work as follows (explained for three upgrade classes):

- 1st fusion: random properties

- 2nd fusion: you can lock one property (either the one you already obtained, if this is your desired upgrade result or lock it for a specific result, which is then guarantueed), all other properties are random

- 3d fusion: you can lock two properties for your desired result

- 4th fusion: you can lock all three properties for your desired result

I think that with such a rework (i) people wouldnt be so frustrated any more, because it becomes more predictable, (ii) "fusion addicts" would even start to re-fuse legendary and relic items multiple times ;)

Looking forward to the discussion!

Edited by M45K3D
  • Upvote 1

Patch note on fusing.

Part upgrade rework

Now all part upgrades are divided into groups

The player receives one bonus from each group in the upgrade list.

If a part has 1 bonus group, then it can have only 1 upgrade.

If a part has 2 bonus groups, then it can have only 2 upgrades.

If a part has 3 bonus groups, then it can have only 3 upgrades.

Part upgrade still requires 2 of the same parts as consumables, and bonuses are still randomly determined.

Please note that upgrades to the maximum and optimal firing range, as well as to the dispersion of guns when stopped and in motion, are issued together and are considered one upgrade.

When you upgrade the part again, you can either accept the new set of bonuses or keep the old one. Parts spent on upgrades will not be returned in any case.

Nothing here said we can't get the same perks again with re-fusing.  The Upgrades are all random.

This is sort of scam since it's random, it should be ur choice since it's cost you ressources or coins... More like some upgrades tree where u can choose what u want and not a lame lotery as it is.

There's nothing fair for any players of xo, just some vicious system making you lost ressources hardly farmed or paid...

4 minutes ago, Babylonsburning said:

Im pretty sure this , illustrates my point. 

You maybe right or wrong. Same as I. 

Until dev come to confirm if we possibly have the same perks from re-fusing an item or not.  Point I have made, still true from where I am standing. 

Having same 2 perks out of 3 from refusing is not all that low.  (1 + 1 + 1) / 27= 3/27= 1/9   This is 11%  chance. 

On 7/30/2020 at 12:22 PM, Sethioz said:

SCREENSHOT should explain it all, but when upgrading already upgraded cabin, I got 2 of the SAME exact perks. that should not be possible.

Fusion bonus is a set of 3 perks. Different any perk = different bonus.