VisceraCleaner

More wheels = Stronger frictional force. WTF?

@Woodyrojo @Ka1deron When will you guys improve the physics of this game?

F=μN

friction-formula.png

F is frictional force.
μ is Coefficient of friction.
N = mg = weight.

Can you get it? Area is not important at all. What matters is only weight and μ.
This means increasing mass or replacing movement can change the F, but adding more movements can't increase the F.
(Of course, additional mass from additional movements will be helpful, tough.)

Still, vehicles with more wheels can push, lift, flip even heavier and stronger vehicle with fewer wheels. This does not make any sense.

This is one of reasons why tracks are so vulnerable against wedges. Track builds have fewer movements parts than wheel builds or legs builds and even hover builds.
Have you seen that 'HEAVY' track builds was flipped by colliding to hover build? This is science of Crossout.

WOW.

Edited by VisceraCleaner
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

This dude was climbing this ramp ,as he was turning i shot him on the side ,he did a wierd glitchy drift and did a barrel roll and half in the air ...

dRb91a.jpg

This one had a skinner but hoverman2stronk4dogs , so i trowed him sideways against the train carriage :lol:

dRbfII.jpg

Edited by h0zz
  • Confused 4

Who doesnt love playing a 17000 kg spider and getting shoved off a cliff by a small wheeled build?

I know that that scenario isnt the topic of the thread. There is a lot wrong with the physics unfortunately.

Edited by Firedrizzle
  • Upvote 2

Once you lose the forward momentum withlegs its very hard to regain some  and you just get pushed , same with hovers.

Must be related to the fact you can't accelerate until your speed reach 0 if you are going backwards , and the lack of handbrake.

Tracks are just funny , you lose traction on the smallest bump or explosion on a turn and you flip...

When you use 8 or more wheels your car behaves the same , its like the slightest impact on the front wheels makes your whole builds jump and flip.

The problems are the way traction is calculated with the wierd mid-air physic calculation , on the transaction weird forces are applied when some wheels are in contact with the ground and some already in the air.

Combined with the lack of traction on the sides of the wheels and tracks leads to funky flips

3 hours ago, VisceraCleaner said:

Can you get it? Area is not important at all. What matters is only weight and μ.

The game only uses the "Power" parameter to calculate torque of builds  , the % power loss from adding more movement parts makes your vehicle lose more power and lose in any tug-of-war contest.

But its also used to calculate acceleration in conjunction with tonnage and weight.

Using the same value to emulate the whole behavior of and engine will never deliver a good behavior. 

Game engine is from like 2010 lol

Granted, many other games with just as old game engines have much better physics
proof devs are lazy

Edited by Bobbill12345

3 minutes ago, Bobbill12345 said:

Sucks to be you all sad,the game still has you here even though the engine is from "2010" .

• Haha 1

Just now, Chevypimp said:

Sucks to be you all sad,the game still has you here even though the engine is from "2010" .

Hey I remember you!

10 minutes ago, Bobbill12345 said:

Granted, many other games with just as old game engines have much better physics
proof devs are lazy

Nice edit leave if you don't like the game you haven't played admittedly in a while quit trolling the forum,or are you that entitled type?

2 hours ago, Chevypimp said:

Nice edit leave if you don't like the game you haven't played admittedly in a while quit trolling the forum,or are you that entitled type?

Bobbill is like me, we like this game and want it to be improved so it could be a great game. That is all, you dont throw things away if you can attempt to make them better do you ?

7 hours ago, JCDG said:

Bobbill is like me, we like this game and want it to be improved so it could be a great game. That is all, you dont throw things away if you can attempt to make them better do you ?

Yes, that's why he stalks the forums and does nothing but spam variations on "the game is awful!". I could understand if he wanted to be constructive but that's not what he's doing.

• Upvote 1

To be fair Bitter Bobbi has posted several constructive threads recently about ways to improve the game.  

12 hours ago, Bobbill12345 said:

proof devs are lazy

No joke, I’ve downloaded and played Minecraft vehicle mods made by amateurs that have physics comparable to crossout.

@Chevypimp One can like something, and be critical of it at the same time. Crazy, I know.

6 hours ago, poony4u2 said:

To be fair Bitter Bobbi has posted several constructive threads recently about ways to improve the game.  

No he hasn't.

It's 1 constructive thread vs many others that are just whining and complaining.

59 minutes ago, SIGMA920 said:

No he hasn't.

It's 1 constructive thread vs many others that are just whining and complaining.

I count at least 2, but maybe my standards are lower

4 hours ago, SIGMA920 said:

No he hasn't.

Ok lets count

image.png.721c50dde84329f2c8bfae7371a176

image.png.fc22a52da63594f6bd0503fa1347e6

image.png.3e7cd9a3ed0c92c08210adb21b722e

image.png.49a43c3e0e8cc07a636de8ce4e0227

image.png.521b93f9f9b42e7f1fd445c1d0346c

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SIGMA920 said:

No he hasn't.

Seriously what is the problem with you SIGMA ? Can we stick back to topic please ?

2 hours ago, Bobbill12345 said:

Ok lets count

If I recall right your proposal for 'Oasis' wasn't particularly productive, you wanted a map with underwater stuff and seemed to forget what game this is (Hint: we aren't playing Diluvian.). The engine sounds thing is something you can do on your own without the devs so there's no reason for that entire thread. So that's two things that don't matter?

I will cede that the frictional force issue is a legit problem, and after a recent patch I suddenly have vehicles doing spinouts and flipping over for no real reason. Crossout's physics needs a buch of work, I doubt we'll ever see it get done.

On 7/30/2020 at 1:54 PM, h0zz said:

Once you lose the forward momentum withlegs its very hard to regain some  and you just get pushed , same with hovers.

Must be related to the fact you can't accelerate until your speed reach 0 if you are going backwards , and the lack of handbrake.

I think the only movement method in the game where a handbrake doesn't actually exist is hovers, but then they are using directed force and not a physical braking mechanism or throttle decay. Hovers are always pushing, and lack an option for station keeping.

5 hours ago, TKG_actual said:
On 7/30/2020 at 7:54 PM, h0zz said:

I think the only movement method in the game where a handbrake doesn't actually exist is hovers, but then they are using directed force and not a physical braking mechanism or throttle decay. Hovers are always pushing, and lack an option for station keeping.

False. Legs dont have handbrake mechanism.

On 7/30/2020 at 7:54 PM, h0zz said:

Once you lose the forward momentum withlegs its very hard to regain

legs don't normally come with breaks that are as useful as those on vihicles. Try to run down a steep hill and then stop... Not so easy is it? :016:

3 hours ago, JCDG said:

False. Legs dont have handbrake mechanism.

Handbrake only does handbrake stuff if you have a mix of ST and non-ST wheels.

Otherwise it’s the same as normal brake. And of course with legs/hovers/augers it becomes another way to activate strafe (but I don’t find it useful for that). Has no effect with tracks, other than not switching to reverse once you hit zero.

16 hours ago, Bobbill12345 said:

Ok lets count

image.png.721c50dde84329f2c8bfae7371a176

image.png.3e7cd9a3ed0c92c08210adb21b722e

image.png.49a43c3e0e8cc07a636de8ce4e0227

The first is complaining about how bad the TOW is. The second is constructive and with some modifications to the idea I'd enjoy it it. The third is whining about the game in general disguised as you asking a question. The fourth is whining and complaining. The fifth is complaining.

That's 1 constructive thread of 5 and it's the first posted of the 5 threads you're claiming are constructive.

15 hours ago, JCDG said:

Seriously what is the problem with you SIGMA ? Can we stick back to topic please ?

You claimed that bobbill wants to improve the game and that's why he endlessly whines after he stopped playing the game almost 2 weeks ago. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, TKG_actual said:

The engine sounds thing is something you can do on your own without the devs so there's no reason for that entire thread

no you cant........................

7 hours ago, SIGMA920 said:

The first is complaining about how bad the TOW is. The second is constructive and with some modifications to the idea I'd enjoy it it. The third is whining about the game in general disguised as you asking a question. The fourth is whining and complaining. The fifth is complaining.

That's 1 constructive thread of 5 and it's the first posted of the 5 threads you're claiming are constructive.

It seems the concept of CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM is foreign to you

How would you know, all you do on here is try to trash on people and their suggestions with some random offtopic/irrelevant facts