HammeredByNature

A Real Porcupine Solution for Balance

5 hours ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

I'd allow like 1 pork launcher per team in raids/pvp, and 2 launchers in cw per team to spam around.

Or double the ps, add +1 energy drain, make the launchers health -60%, plus reduce amount of barrels out to 3. Add lots of weight and or grow the module size.

And heavy self damage,so if the pork spammer even scratches one of his barrels he loses tons of health in a split second.

How could the game enforce the one porc per team rule? Could this have a negative outcome on queue times?

3 minutes ago, Jiffy_boi said:

Could this have a negative outcome on queue times?

Definely will, that's why that isn't a real solution but another problem maker.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Jiffy_boi said:

How could the game enforce the one porc per team rule? Could this have a negative outcome on queue times?

1 porc per build (I say Mines, Turrets, and Drones) would still limit it to a dull roar.  That wouldn't affect Queue Times, but more specifically.  My suggestion is you can have 1 Mine, 1 Turret, and 1 Drone, per build.  (Not counting things like Fusions, and Levis.)  So, you could have A Porcupine, Barrier, and Fuse Drone, but you couldn't have Porcupine, and Kapkan on the same build.  (A team-mate could drop Kapkans for you, however.)

Another way to limit the number of Porcupines per match would just be to raise the Energy Cost.  So it's impossible to overload the game engine by spamming them.  They'd also have to reduce the Fuse, and increase the Reload, but that's 3 Nerfs at the same time.  So, almost guaranteed to overnerf them to the point where they're trash tier Relics, and incense all the Porcupine players.

Of course, any nerf is going to tick somebody off, but there's no reason to alienate all of them.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, psiberzerker said:

1 porc per build (I say Mines, Turrets, and Drones) would still limit it to a dull roar.  That wouldn't affect Queue Times, but more specifically.  My suggestion is you can have 1 Mine, 1 Turret, and 1 Drone, per build.  (Not counting things like Fusions, and Levis.)  So, you could have A Porcupine, Barrier, and Fuse Drone, but you couldn't have Porcupine, and Kapkan on the same build.  (A team-mate could drop Kapkans for you, however.)

Another way to limit the number of Porcupines per match would just be to raise the Energy Cost.  So it's impossible to overload the game engine by spamming them.  They'd also have to reduce the Fuse, and increase the Reload, but that's 3 Nerfs at the same time.  So, almost guaranteed to overnerf them to the point where they're trash tier Relics, and incense all the Porcupine players.

Of course, any nerf is going to tick somebody off, but there's no reason to alienate all of them.

They already can limit in example only one engine per build so i dont believe they couldnt limit having only one pork per build.  Rather use real weapons you must aim/shoot/place well than those flaming garbage cans to flood all over . :015j:

8 minutes ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

They already can limit in example only one engine per build so i dont believe they couldnt limit having only one pork per build.  Rather use real weapons you must aim/shoot/place well than those flaming garbage cans to flood all over.

Right, it's basically a great Support weapon, but it should never be the main weapon.  Because that's not really a fight, it's a dumpster fire.  Also, it lags the game, and also, it trips up your team mates.

When something is spammable enough to lag the game, and trip up your won team, it's too much.  Let alone how effective it is as a weapon, or replacement for 3 weapons (All of which cost more Energy.)

Oh yeah.  Fortune:  I'm going to compare it to Fortune now.  That's designed for spammage, it throws out 3 of them with every shot, and yet it has a fuse shorter than it's reload time, so you only ever have 3 of them out (Per launcher) at a time, and it costs 5 Energy, so you can only have 3 of them at a time.  Has anyone ever seen enough Fortune spam to lag the game?

Also, it's perk at least implies that another Mine Layer (Porcupines) explodes when it hits walls.  That's not a Perk, it doesn't even say anything about throwing 3 mines.

So, instead of an Incinerator, Fortune, and Retcher (Which you can't have all 3, because that adds up to 17 Energy) you can have 3 Porcupines, 3 Kapkans, and Colossus.  

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

Right, it's basically a great Support weapon, but it should never be the main weapon.  Because that's not really a fight, it's a dumpster fire.  Also, it lags the game, and also, it trips up your team mates.

When something is spammable enough to lag the game, and trip up your won team, it's too much.  Let alone how effective it is as a weapon, or replacement for 3 weapons (All of which cost more Energy.)

Oh yeah.  Fortune:  I'm going to compare it to Fortune now.  That's designed for spammage, it throws out 3 of them with every shot, and yet it has a fuse shorter than it's reload time, so you only ever have 3 of them out (Per launcher) at a time, and it costs 5 Energy, so you can only have 3 of them at a time.  Has anyone ever seen enough Fortune spam to lag the game?

Also, it's perk at least implies that another Mine Layer (Porcupines) explodes when it hits walls.  That's not a Perk, it doesn't even say anything about throwing 3 mines.

So, instead of an Incinerator, Fortune, and Retcher (Which you can't have all 3, because that adds up to 17 Energy) you can have 3 Porcupines, 3 Kapkans, and Colossus.  

Well i had one Fortune and as a lonesome fortune ,it was quite useless and i liked to see that when i have just one, its far from what one pork can do, let alone 2 or more. 

Sold it, never missed it. It aint cool,its pathetic just like porks are when theres more than 1.

Hell, even a cricket hover is more of a warrior build you can honor compared to these flood builds. I think it tells a lot about whats up when your headsets speaker keeps this very fast nonstop clicking sound when spammer tries to spam as much like all through the battle but i cant even see enemy, and all i see is barrels in 8 directions:D

"Yeah well now each of our 8 member pvp packs one,each" :4880bbba85e9:

Edited by Siberian_Jay3x6

3 minutes ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

Well i had one Fortune and as a lonesome fortune ,it was quite useless and i liked to see that when i have just one, its far from what one pork can do, let alone 2 or more. 

I played 1 incinerator with 2 Fortunes for a while, until I got matched with a Porcupine Hover.  Yeah, I could almost match what they could do, but they don't even have to try. 

Honestly, I'm glad that you can't have an Incinerator with 2 Retchers, but if I could?  That's what I would be playing.  (I tried 2 Impulse too, but it wasn't even as good as 2 Fortunes.  2 Emilies worked, because I could have an Engine, and Radar Detector.)

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

I played 1 incinerator with 2 Fortunes for a while, until I got matched with a Porcupine Hover.  Yeah, I could almost match what they could do, but they don't even have to try. No

Honestly, I'm glad that you can't have an Incinerator with 2 Retchers, but if I could?  That's what I would be playing.  (I tried 2 Impulse too, but it wasn't even as good as 2 Fortunes.  2 Emilies worked, because I could have an Engine, and Radar Detector.)

I totally dig it when i see enemy whos skilled with retchers,emily, impulses and incinerator. Especially if it does not hover or cloak, then im looking up on the killer with respect. Those are all weapons you need to aim, learn tractories, and its actual shooting and no way the easiest weapons, and you earn your points and kills, i aint complaining a bit getting killed by any of those.

Clunk clunk..humm....clunk clunk...humm...dang da da da da da ng dang ,the ring of fire, the ring of fire....clunk clunk,clunkety clunk,look mom ,its all on fire around me, clunk clunk, imma win it again mom clunk they all burn look mom.

Edited by Siberian_Jay3x6

4 minutes ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

I totally dig it when i see enemy whos skilled with retchers,emily, impulses and incinerator. Those are all weapons you need to aim, learn tractories, and its actual shooting and no way the easiest weapons, and you earn your points and kills, i aint complaining a bit getting killed by any of those.

Incinerator, and Mandrake to a lesser degree, because both of those show you the Trajectory, but you do have to learn to Lead, because of how long it takes them to arc over to target.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

Incinerator, and Mandrake to a lesser degree, because both of those show you the Trajectory, but you do have to learn to Lead, because of how long it takes them to arc over to target.

Yes, sorry for that. I didnt remember how one can use word Leading with these. Thanks for correcting, all good to learn language.

wanting to nerf porcs because they're good in raids... that's just dumb... One out of all relics are good in raids. A gamemode that's way to boring and time consuming for anyone to take seriously... Quit it with your: "Waahwaah i can't reeee around the place in my dumb artbuild, taking my time role playing some cringy childhood-military-fantasy, with ai bots that's (surprise) dumber than me.... Waaahwaaah" - comments. :1_100_100: GITTETYGÆTTETY ..... GIIIIJT GÜÜÜT !1 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

What i want to know is pretty simple, why an small device like microfactories explodes like a hot bag full of dynamite, but a device that has EXPLOSIVE barrels in it, dont any idea besides a freaking bad design?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, psiberzerker said:

I played 1 incinerator with 2 Fortunes for a while, until I got matched with a Porcupine Hover.  Yeah, I could almost match what they could do, but they don't even have to try. 

1 incinerator with 2 fortunes? Did you really play that, thats 16 energy, what cabin did you use?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Psychq said:

1 incinerator with 2 fortunes? Did you really play that, thats 16 energy, what cabin did you use?

Harpy.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

Harpy.

Funny, you know that you need to own fortunes to use them?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Funny, you know that you need to own fortunes to use them?

Yes?

• Haha 1

A deployment limit for porcs is a very good idea, balance wise and resource wise. If fixing certain other in game issues is "too expensive" resources wise, this performance fix is incredibly easy.

7 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

Yes?

Well, you said you played with them with Incinerator, but you never owned a fortune. Why make that up?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Psychq said:

Well, you said you played with them with Incinerator, but you never owned a fortune. Why make that up?

Because I forgot that I testplayed that on my Husband's account?  (We used to play together.  No, you can't have his Account Name.  Technically, those are my 4 accounts.  We switched to Steam together, too.)  

Why go to all this trouble to dig up dirt on me?  We just going to assume that every post is a lie, until you catch me in an alleged lie?

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, psiberzerker said:

Because I forgot that I testplayed that on my Husband's account?  (We used to play together.  No, you can't have his Account Name.  Technically, those are my 4 accounts.  We switched to Steam together, too.)  

Why go to all this trouble to dig up dirt on me?  We just going to assume that every post is a lie, until you catch me in an alleged lie?

Just asking ;) Normally you tell here on forum what builds you are busy with, this one you never talked about before.

• Haha 1

Just asking ;) Normally you tell here on forum what builds you are busy with, this one you never talked about before.

Honestly, I didn't playtest it for very long.  It was great on certain maps, and next to useless on others.  Just made me wish I could have 2 Retchers, and an Incinerator even more.  Instead, i encourage other players to bring Retchers, and carpetbomb the fire puddles/whoever's glowing instead.  

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

A pork owner who wants others to have better game experience , by sort of giving up some of his spamming abilities, saying it out loud in public?

If so, you rock.

It's very difficult to make a judgement that is fair with porcupines...

All i do know is that when i flooded an area in raids with the echo perk I started to remember how pissed off i got when you keep tripping over the barrels and your trying to destroy the bots at the same time...

However I do think porcupines should be compensated if this is applied...

Personally I've no idea if this balances them or makes them underpowered :wacko:

7 hours ago, Beni_Stingray1 said:

Strong? Maybe, OP? I think not. My 10k dial cyclone build or ma 10k triple Arbiter build can keep up with them in raids and its a perfect counter in pvp but its a fair one i think.

I can easily destroy the barrels but when i get caught in kapkan im *****, i think thats pretty fair for both partys.

Against 4 or 5 it gets almost impossible and then theres the game engine not being able to keep up, thats another problem.

Make them 4 energy imo, so you can have 3 with modules or you can have 4 wihtout modules, increase PS a little bit and it should be fine.

I did have the same thought at 1 point however there are some players who are stupid.........*cough* creative enough to actually fuse 5 of them which ive seen in clan wars..

To a point this would cause extreme upset for those who are effected...

if they were 4 energy then i think they would deserve a small buff like increase fire puddle radius by 10% and durability buff and mass reduction...

that's just my opinion though...

20200731_234226.jpg

Edited by HammeredByNature
  • Thanks 1

As spedemix said porcs are being spammed rn because everyone is using melees

guess devs need to handhold melees more and make it so porcs are helpless vs melee

So it seems that most critique of porcs atm. can be boiled down to one word: "SPAM". And i'm guessing that this argument mainly comes from players who's main playstyle is focused on the opposite of "spam" - carefully aimed/ timed, low reload alpha dmg. AmIright? My problem here being that porcs kind of need this, so called "spam", atleast to some degree, in order to be a reliable weapon in one on one combat. It's not like you can aim a porc-deployer at specific parts on the enemy, plus the weapon is the least turning, and most inaccurate of the entire fixed-weapon-category (Even ground/ terrain affects your trajectory); Even fortunes can turn enough to lead the shots and be semi-effective against hovers (something porcs have never been good at, unless you count porc-hovers...) With porcs you use the turning of your vihicle to "aim" (again why hovers are indeed OP. with this weapon. SO nurf høvars, see if I care), but this is again the reason porcs need the fast reload (spam?) Tbh. I don't care if they change the ammount of barrels that can be on the map; if you get killed by stationary porc barrels on the ground you need to change your playstyle anywayz, or atleast turn your screen on while playing :016:   Porcs are NOT OP. spam or no spam, they are simply just the only usefull relic weapon with a low enough energy requirement, that enables more than 2-3 to be used at the same time (Yes i know imp's ARE being used, but they perform terribly and require a playstyle that makes you look like a mg. bot going "reeeeeeeeeee...." all over the map in random patterns.)
Rant over . . .
LAnzer Aouut!
Ps. Nuuuurf høvars!11 
:popcorn:

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2