Charlie9204

forum profile reputation rework

At the moment the reputation increase with the reaction that readers put on our posts : thanks haha confused face sad upvote like - confused face and sad give 0 reputation points, the others +1 point.

I think that a reputation system where it's possible to lose reputation points would force forum user to behave a bit more and follow the forum rules more.

That would make everyone think twice before posting toxic posts, insulting devs or other players, even making sarcastic posts, saying "nerf this" without giving constructive comments,etc in the end forum users would "moderate" themselves, giving a forum with a healthier community, with more constructive comments and less empty/off-topic posts.

Aslo, a system would prevent for the forum user to downvote too much. maybe a daily quota of downvotes, or a upvote/downvote ratio system (if the user downvote much more than upvoting, a sanction of some kind would apply, either a downvote block until upvotes are made, or a reputation decrease.

This reputation system would have at least an upvote option, a neutral option, a downvote option

I think a smart forum reputation system would be benefit a lot our community, since we would mainly think twice before posting, and we would need to upvote some in order to downvote others, so we would rate each other much more and reputation would really mean something. Also that would relieve moderators from cleaning toxic posts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 7

42 minutes ago, Charlie9204 said:

I think that a reputation system where it's possible to lose reputation points would force forum user to behave a bit more and follow the forum rules more.

You mean that an unpopular opinion or fact will be shouted out of existence.

43 minutes ago, Charlie9204 said:

That would make everyone think twice before posting toxic posts, insulting devs or other players, even making sarcastic posts, saying "nerf this" without giving constructive comments,etc in the end forum users would "moderate" themselves, giving a forum with a healthier community, with more constructive comments and less empty/off-topic posts.

That will only end badly. Forum ranks mean nothing.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SIGMA920 said:

You mean that an unpopular opinion or fact will be shouted out of existence.

That will only end badly. Forum ranks mean nothing.

We can give our (unpopular) opinion like everyone, but we would details a bit more why we think so (constructive post).

Downvoting lightly would have consequences on the user, pushing him to upvote at least as much on posts he thinks pertinent and relevant. Because of this system that would not end badly and encourage either upvoting more or downvoting moderately.

Forum reputation means nothing now but it could mean the user actually posting relevant stuff, upvoting ideas he likes, participating constructively on game improvement and discussions.

Please, don't try to rule this idea out, but think with me how it could be viable. Is there other forums having that kind system we could copy ? Like Reddit's ? Not sure how it works.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Charlie9204 said:

We can give our (unpopular) opinion like everyone, but we would details a bit more why we think so (constructive post).

Certain users won't care or will ignore any reasons you give.

2 minutes ago, Charlie9204 said:

Downvoting lightly would have consequences on the user, pushing him to upvote at least as much on posts he thinks pertinent and relevant. Because of this system that would not end badly and encourage either upvoting more or downvoting moderately.

Or you could upvote every poster agreeing with you and a surplus of downvotes.

Alternately you could upvote everything in a random thread and get a surplus that way.

11 minutes ago, Charlie9204 said:

Forum reputation means nothing now but it could mean the user actually posting relevant stuff, upvoting ideas he likes, participating constructively on game improvement and discussions.

Please, don't try to rule this idea out, but think with me how it could be viable. Is there other forums having that kind system we could copy ? Like Reddit's ? Not sure how it works.

Karma on reddit is largely pointless aside from auto filtering which I just reopen 99% of the time or when automods kick in.

Forum ranks are very much the same except it does even less.

• Confused 1

Tbh... You are literally the fifth person I've seen caring about reputation in close to like 4 years, if it changes, fine, if it stays as it is, fine,  it's just way too irrelevant :lol:

• Upvote 1

How about just placing the numbers of each reaction the person got under the total reputation count? Just a single line with each of the icons with a number beside it showing how many of them the user has been given.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

Some lowbobs here don't need incentiives to confuse face posts without reading lol.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

21 hours ago, xCrossFaith said:

Tbh... You are literally the fifth person I've seen caring about reputation in close to like 4 years, if it changes, fine, if it stays as it is, fine,  it's just way too irrelevant :lol:

This, who cares if they change it. Does anyone even look at that number?

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, RoughMonkey said:

Does anyone even look at that number?

Sometimes people look at that number, and thinks that's my Post Count.  I've had it happen like 3 times so far.  "You've got almost 6,000 posts, and barely even 500 battles!"  It's kinda funny, really.

No, nobody cares about any stats, except the ones they need to prove you suck, and should be sterilized.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jiffy_boi said:

Making reputation important might help new forum users to tell who the shrtheads are here.

It's pretty obvious.

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Jiffy_boi said:

Making reputation important might help new forum users to tell who the shrtheads are here.

It won't. Popular but bad ideas will still be unvoted and unpopular but good ideas will still be downvoted.

It just means that unpopular ideas get shouted out of existence for good.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, _Lemmy44_ said:

How about just placing the numbers of each reaction the person got under the total reputation count? Just a single line with each of the icons with a number beside it showing how many of them the user has been given.

That's a good idea to recognize the weirdos and just ignore them, and it doesn't seem difficult to implement, it's just a displayed counter, seems like a good start.

On 8/1/2020 at 1:15 AM, xCrossFaith said:

Tbh... You are literally the fifth person I've seen caring about reputation in close to like 4 years, if it changes, fine, if it stays as it is, fine,  it's just way too irrelevant 

I don't care about forum reputation, but about all the crap players posts each time a dev post something. Insults, off topic "nerf this buff that" without further explanations,etc.

2 hours ago, SIGMA920 said:

As I said, someone with an unpopular opinion would need to post details of his idea.

If someone says "Growl should be nerfed" he'll probably get some confused or sad faces.

But if he explain that Growl's 11 energy is killing low cabin diversity because it's the only rare cab having 11 energy and players prefer an extra point of energy and workaround the mass limit with engines, front bumpers or light armor, and that with the PS system players uses powerful weapons on small cabins and Growl is again selected, then his point is more understandable.

But there should be a reaction "I'm not agree but I don't downvote" option, maybe.

Edited by Charlie9204
typos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Charlie9204 said:

As I said, someone with an unpopular opinion would need to post details of his idea.

If someone says "Growl should be nerfed" he'll probably get some confused or sad faces.

But if he explain that Growl's 11 energy is killing low cabin diversity because it's the only rare cab having 11 energy and players prefer an extra point of energy and workaround the mass limit with engines, front bumpers or light armor, and that with the PS system players uses powerful weapons on small cabins and Growl is again selected, then his point is more understandable.

But there should be a reaction "I'm not agree but I don't downvote" option, maybe.

That is far too optimistic.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

@SIGMA920 listen someone with an unpopular idea has just an opinion with some arguments behind it, and he won't get as much confused faces or downvotes than a sh*tposter.

Don't you want toxic posters to be seen fro afar ?

Edited by Charlie9204
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Charlie9204 said:

@SIGMA920 listen someone with an unpopular idea has just an opinion with some arguments behind it, nd 

I have. Sometimes they have good reasoning and I support it, other times I don't for whatever reason.

No.... people will just spam confused emojis at anyone they dont like or disagree with, its not like they already do but now you will actually be harmed because someone disagrees with you

But #10UpvoteRequirementPast15dailyPosts #ToStopForumSpammers

• Confused 1

@Bobbill12345 For the downvote to impact the poster, that would depend of the ratio. So the first downvote would worth -1 to the poster, the 2nd downvote -0.75 let's say, the 3rd downvote -0.50... until the user re-balance his ratio upvote/downvote.

In the opposite, a user upvoting too much would  impact less and less the posters reputation.

Problem I think is that the upvoting and downvoting order of all users should be saved.. So that might be too complicated :D 

_Lemmy's idea of just placing counters of reaction received could already help to see weirdos from afar, and it seems easy to put it to work.

Or we could just keep reporting toxic posts and call it a day :D   

• Upvote 1

On 8/1/2020 at 3:47 PM, SIGMA920 said:

Unpopular ideas, any examples? I’m not trying to corner you, I actually want to get examples so I can examine what the difference might be.

37 minutes ago, Jiffy_boi said:

Unpopular ideas, any examples?

A car can look like a car. It doesn't have to be just an "Art car," it can still be effective in combat, and look like a car, that someone could drive.

Here's another one:  You don't have to play Clan Wars to understand balance, or the Meta.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Why change or break something when it is working fine?

Unless you want this forum turn into the way WOT forum.  They let people getaway to break rules and one day turn so hard that you become a troll simply pointing out their game's algorithm was heavily punishing wrong players unfairly.   It lead to they had to change the "team damage "to no team damage" at the end.

This forum has been quite relax to users, but the dev's and mods do act.  We all just needed to be aware of we are the one should follow the rules. As for the trolls and others, their post can be just taken as spams. There is an "Ignored Users" you can add on to list so you do not need to read from people you do NOT think they would post anything worth your time.  We can't  control what others think or how they act, but we can control how we do or do not respond to them.:002:

40 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

A car can look like a car. It doesn't have to be just an "Art car," it can still be effective in combat, and look like a car, that someone could drive.

Here's another one:  You don't have to play Clan Wars to understand balance, or the Meta.

Okay, set the stage:

psiberzerker is talking about art cars and how they are a good part of the game.

Bobbill12345 interjects with a statement about how they ruin the game, despite them being a fun way to express creativity and fit theme for the casual modes of the game.

Bobbill12345 makes a reasonable argument from their point of view, using logic and straight facts to prove their point. (Since getting downvoted matters now, there is no more random insulting)

psiberzerker sees Bobbill12345’s point of view and concedes that they have the upper hand in this argument. (crazy, right?)

Overall: There is less toxicity on display and more reason for people to listen to and think about others’ reasoning and opinions.

Edited by Jiffy_boi
Fixed capital letter
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Jiffy_boi said:

Unpopular ideas, any examples? I’m not trying to corner you, I actually want to get examples so I can examine what the difference might be.

Stuff like "You don't need to protect your weapon in enough armor to turn a turreted weapon into a fixed a weapon", "Crossout isn't very grindy" or "Hovers are too weak"

Not protecting your weapon is a choice, I choose not to so I don't gimp any turreted weapons I use.

I don't consider the game to be grindy at all. If you want to you can do most anything.

I consider hovers to be very weak right now because unlike every other movement part, they are only viable in a sideways configuration (A sideways hover.) or as a hoverboat (Enough hovers to ignore losing hover jets.). You shouldn't need to rebind your keys to make a movement part viable or use enough of them that losing 5 of them is a non-issue.

All of those are unpopular opinions and will gather many downvotes almost reflexively.