Charlie9204

forum profile reputation rework

1 minute ago, SIGMA920 said:

Stuff like "You don't need to protect your weapon in enough armor to turn a turreted weapon into a fixed a weapon", "Crossout isn't very grindy" or "Hovers are too weak"

Not protecting your weapon is a choice, I choose not to so I don't gimp any turreted weapons I use.

I don't consider the game to be grindy at all. If you want to you can do most anything.

I consider hovers to be very weak right now because unlike every other movement part, they are only viable in a sideways configuration (A sideways hover.) or as a hoverboat (Enough hovers to ignore losing hover jets.). You shouldn't need to rebind your keys to make a movement part viable or use enough of them that losing 5 of them is a non-issue.

All of those are unpopular opinions and will gather many downvotes almost reflexively.

I don’t think those are opinions listed, I think those are misinformation. There is a pretty widespread consensus that admiring guns is usually beneficial, and crossout is pretty grindy.

anyone who thinks otherwise probably isn’t using basic reasoning, and therefore deserves to get those downvotes.

1 minute ago, Jiffy_boi said:

I don’t think those are opinions listed, I think those are misinformation. There is a pretty widespread consensus that admiring guns is usually beneficial, and crossout is pretty grindy.

anyone who thinks otherwise probably isn’t using basic reasoning, and therefore deserves to get those downvotes.

And that's the problem.

Armoring a weapon can be beneficial. However if I armor a turreted weapon so that it can fire in in 1 direction then it can't fire in 3/4 of the directions it could. I see such armoring of weapons bite other players in the **** in-game far more than it helps them.

In the most recent thread saying the game is grindy, the general theme of those saying it was was that relics will take a long time to obtain for a new player just starting. In that same thread I had just shown that epics were easily obtainable in a week which is a reasonable and expected goal.

24 minutes ago, Jiffy_boi said:

psiberzerker is talking about art cars and how they are a good part of the game.

Or just saying that looking like a car doesn't make it an "Art car," let alone useless.  You can strike a balance between looking great, and fighting badly, OR looking terrible, but fighting well.  

They're not mutually exclusive.  A good car can look good, and still fight.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SIGMA920 said:

However if I armor a turreted weapon so that it can fire in in 1 direction then it can't fire in 3/4 of the directions it could

its a spider you can just turn... :facepalm:

and "I need firing angles huRRRRRRRR" is no excuse to slap your weapon on the front on a 40 hp part...

Im not even gonna start on how you think that no one will get close to a heavy cabin spider

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Bobbill12345 said:

its a spider you can just turn... :facepalm:

Not when I've got a dog that attached itself to the back of build or is keeping to the side of my build.

16 minutes ago, Bobbill12345 said:

and "I need firing angles huRRRRRRRR" is no excuse to slap your weapon on the front on a 40 hp part...

Im not even gonna start on how you think that no one will get close to a heavy cabin spider

And so far just tonight, at least 40 some human players tried to rush me thinking I only had a mandrake. Most of them were killed or had to retreat because I also had a reaper that wasn't locked firing forwards.

• Upvote 1

Not when I've got a dog that attached itself to the back of build or is keeping to the side of my build.

If you cant turn a spider when a dog is on the side of it... shows something about the build

And so far just tonight, at least 40 some human players tried to rush me thinking I only had a mandrake. Most of them were killed or had to retreat because I also had a reaper that wasn't locked firing forwards.

Lol you realize 1 reaper dps is garbage and wont keep any non crippled build from cheesing you

@SIGMA920 I don't think it's that impopular, and if you explain your point of view the way you just did you'll get some people agreeing with you.

Note that it's more unsupported and short ideas like "Crossout is a grind factory - devs money money" and "nerf imba hovers" that might get the downvotes as well, so I think both parties will still need to bring arguments at the end.

I aslo agree (and I don't think I'm the only one) that most of time we need to choose or balance fire angle and weapon protection, but let's stay on topic.

• Upvote 1

@Lebensklinge as said on the first post the goal of this change is about making the forum healthier and has nothing to do with the gameplay.

For example in a reworked forum reputation, your sarcastic comment, the fact you didn't read the original post, your faceplam smiley, all that would be accompanied by downvotes that would lower you reputation, until on the medium/long term you start reading and giving constructed feedback on suggestions like this one.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Charlie9204 said:

@Lebensklinge as said on the first post the goal of this change is about making the forum healthier and has nothing to do with the gameplay.

The goal of Bobb"HURRRRRR, I don't even bother playing this game any more, but I still troll the forums, derrrrrr!"ill12345 is to make the forums a less toxic place.

No, he wants a middle finger icon, so he can give people the middle finger, but he's trying to be subtle, for once.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

@psiberzerker I'm not surr, is your last post targeted at me or Lebensklinge?

Regardless, that seems like a post a bit provocative and unconstructive, and would also hopefully be downvoted until in the long term this kind of posts gets rarer.

And replies like mine to such provocation also have to be polite, so I don't get my forum reputation sanctioned.

Basically everyone would behave in a better way, I think we all want that, now we need to think how a forum reputation system should be.

3 minutes ago, Charlie9204 said:

Basically everyone would behave in a better way, I think we all want that, now we need to think how a forum reputation system should be.

I seriously doubt that everyone would behave in a better way, but I'll strive to be more polite.  Also, I'm sorry for being rude.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Charlie9204 said:

I also doubt. Look at Xbox_420's example. Veteran forum member, top reputation, first batch of players and a genuinely good player: banned because he couldn't pass a single day without offending the living crap of other forum members over nothing. Its a shame but every action has consequences, even if we don't seem to notice them.

• Upvote 5

@lucashc90 in few word he is just a long time player active in the forum. Reputation doesn't decrease so ofc veterans players have a important forum rep.

With a new and fair system, he could have seen his reputation evolving in relation of his actions and would have possibly to see the reactions he is provoking gradually and have opportunities to correct them in his future posts.

I don't know him, this is a general example.

Edited by Charlie9204

2 hours ago, lucashc90 said:

I also doubt. Look at Xbox_420's example. Veteran forum member, top reputation, first batch of players and a genuinely good player: banned because he couldn't pass a single day without offending the living crap of other forum members over nothing. Its a shame but every action has consequences, even if we don't seem to notice them.

Consequences? I doubt it, forum ban? 5 minutes later they back with another account and then happily continue. I do not have the idea that this forum is actively moderated, at most if there are many reports about someone.
Of course it would be nice if players were more civilized with each other, but I don't think the shortsighted hardcore toxic trolling etc etc guests care about a reputation system.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Charlie9204 said:

@SIGMA920 I don't think it's that impopular, and if you explain your point of view the way you just did you'll get some people agreeing with you.

Note that it's more unsupported and short ideas like "Crossout is a grind factory - devs money money" and "nerf imba hovers" that might get the downvotes as well, so I think both parties will still need to bring arguments at the end.

I aslo agree (and I don't think I'm the only one) that most of time we need to choose or balance fire angle and weapon protection, but let's stay on topic.

This is bobbill's response:

11 hours ago, Bobbill12345 said:

If you cant turn a spider when a dog is on the side of it... shows something about the build

Lol you realize 1 reaper dps is garbage and wont keep any non crippled build from cheesing you

He doesn't care, he's just here to troll.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Psychq said:

Of course it would be nice if players were more civilized with each other, but I don't think the shortsighted hardcore toxic trolling etc etc guests care about a reputation system.

That's what I was trying to say. If even Xbox_420 dumped 3 years of participating in the forum without a thought, imagine people that don't even have that much history here. That and the fact that it is so damn easy to create multiple accounts if the worse happens.

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Charlie9204 said:

Yes duplicate accounts happen even if it's against the forum rules. However if the new system decrease reputation by downvotes, and if there are stronger posting limitations the lower the reputation goes, recidivist trolls would have to re-create accounts every week/months instead of every 3 years.

40 minutes ago, Charlie9204 said:

However if the new system decrease reputation by downvotes, and if there are stronger posting limitations the lower the reputation goes, recidivist trolls would have to re-create accounts every week/months instead of every 3 years.

From my years on the internet I might say: even I.P. ban doesn't stop some of the most persistent trolls. If anything, it makes them even more stubborn. Hasbro Hotel was a good proof of that.

340?cb=20170318123606

Shia LaBeouf's Trump protest is another example how effective internet mockery can be when done professionaly :D

Edited by lucashc90
  • Upvote 1

@lucashc90 well if you think there is professional trolling or mockery here in this forum then we don't have the same standards.

Anyway my point earlier was that if childish ragers have to re-create a new profile every week or month after automatic gradual posting limitation apply, then I'm fine with it. right now they get through almost everything due to impossibility for moderators to read every posts and maybe to reported posts too.

Id just be happy knowing people with 5000 positive rep, meanwhile having 11000 posts, would finally be dealt with . Spam bugs me just as much as "unpopular" opinions

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Charlie9204 said:

well if you think there is professional trolling or mockery here in this forum then we don't have the same standards.

We sure do. I'm just pointing out that all this reputation moderation will not mater when people don't care at all about their own reputation.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, lucashc90 said:
4 hours ago, Charlie9204 said:

well if you think there is professional trolling or mockery here in this forum then we don't have the same standards.

We sure do. I'm just pointing out that all this reputation moderation will not mater when people don't care at all about their own reputation.

I told you they would have to recreate a new profile way more frequently due to post limitation when low reputation. It's gonna annoy them more, they'll get spotted way faster, it's not perfect but that's way better than talking craap for years before getting reported by couple of players and sanctioned by a mod.