TimingToEat

Please give Icarus a little love

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Bobbill12345 said:

While also showing several high ps parts including relics in my inventory, plus playing cw in uranium leagues, but you really have 1 more chromosome than me do you

you're showing a blocked profile in a clan that doesn't even play cw dafuq?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your patches show that you spam crickets, drones and maces, your medals show that you've not even made 100,000 coins on the market, you've made a 16k ps build a mere 6 months after your first battle. Meaning you're a friggin whale whose probably salty af about getting pooped on. you've only fused 4 epic parts.. what kinda idiot are you to think free fused epics is a "scam"?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CamoWraith said:

Who will win this chaotic fight?

I hope Icarus wins. This thread is about it, after all.

By the way, Icarus kinda balanced?.. I mean, it is fragile and agile, what else to expect from it?

  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kehich said:

By the way, Icarus kinda balanced?.. I mean, it is fragile and agile, what else to expect from it?

100km/h Speedcap ?:lol:

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, h0zz said:

100km/h Speedcap ?:lol:

That will just roll back the forums to a previous chapter. Give that speed boost to augers instead :happy:.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

That will just roll back the forums to a previous chapter. Give that speed boost to augers instead :happy:.

We can make a deal, give it to both, i would even be good with 85km/h tbh :crab:

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Beni_Stingray1 said:

We can make a deal, give it to both, i would even be good with 85km/h tbh :crab:

I love the fast and fragile hovers, don't get me wrong, but I'm tired of completely changing those builds. And a lot of players have far too much invested into fused hovers to revert them to fast and fragile, I believe.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

I love the fast and fragile hovers, don't get me wrong, but I'm tired of completely changing those builds. And a lot of players have far too much invested into fused hovers to revert them to fast and fragile, I believe.

I think there needs to be a noticeable diff between blue and red hovers. You bring up a good point about changes impacting people, especially those with fused parts...but that holds true with all changes that they make. IF they were to make blues fast and agile, with a cap on number of hovers used at say 6, then anyone with a 7th fused blue hover could be given something in exchange for each additional fused hover in their quiver to offset. For example, blue hovers are 1k on PS4...so randomly take away their fused blues until they are left with 6 and give them 3k coins for each taken.

The cap of 6 is for example, it isnt an actual suggestion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

I love the fast and fragile hovers, don't get me wrong, but I'm tired of completely changing those builds. And a lot of players have far too much invested into fused hovers to revert them to fast and fragile, I believe.

We need more hover types. Also, player investment is not an excuse to the devs... the hoverboat era finished with people losing extreme amounts of coins because both thei price dropped and their max number per vehicle decreased. Other examples are the decor nerf, radar nerf and Typhoon nerf.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Claysdad said:

I think there needs to be a noticeable diff between blue and red hovers. You bring up a good point about changes impacting people, especially those with fused parts...but that holds true with all changes that they make. IF they were to make blues fast and agile, with a cap on number of hovers used at say 6, then anyone with a 7th fused blue hover could be given something in exchange for each additional fused hover in their quiver to offset. For example, blue hovers are 1k on PS4...so randomly take away their fused blues until they are left with 6 and give them 3k coins for each taken.

The cap of 6 is for example, it isnt an actual suggestion.

To take icarus vii as an example, some players are fusing 12 for max efficiency. That alone costs over 100k coins on ps4. Ofc, everything is subject to balancing at some point, but they need to be carefull about drastically changing something that demands such dedication. Icarus iv is dirt cheap and not so often fused, so they have more freedom there, without provoking the player base.

 

25 minutes ago, lucashc90 said:

We need more hover types.

I would welcome that.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lebensklinge said:

Buff hovers or remove bigfoots from the game 

 

 

 

:popcorn:

BF are the most powerful movement part in the game. It is kinda silly how much hate hovers get while the masses remain silent on BF. 

My strong belief: to be good at hovers requires the most skill. It has advantages but the learning curve is the most challenging. So little Timmy and Susie cry about hovers because they cant use them well and want to feel better about themselves. I say this as someone that is below avg on hovers. I recognize it is more difficult to master

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

I love the fast and fragile hovers, don't get me wrong, but I'm tired of completely changing those builds. And a lot of players have far too much invested into fused hovers to revert them to fast and fragile, I believe.

47 minutes ago, Claysdad said:

I think there needs to be a noticeable diff between blue and red hovers. You bring up a good point about changes impacting people, especially those with fused parts...but that holds true with all changes that they make.

46 minutes ago, lucashc90 said:

We need more hover types. Also, player investment is not an excuse to the devs

I would have no problems at all if they would differentiate the two more, leave the blue's as they are and change the red ones back to the state when the 4-5 hover limit was active.

Stuff always gets changed, sometimes you loose, sometimes you win. thats not an excuse to not change things.

Edited by Beni_Stingray1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Claysdad said:

BF are the most powerful movement part in the game. It is kinda silly how much hate hovers get while the masses remain silent on BF. 

My strong belief: to be good at hovers requires the most skill. It has advantages but the learning curve is the most challenging. So little Timmy and Susie cry about hovers because they cant use them well and want to feel better about themselves. I say this as someone that is below avg on hovers. I recognize it is more difficult to master

one of the best reactions on this topic :) 

finally someone realising the POWAAAAH of the bigfoot! 



people want hovers nerfed because they just cant handle themselves and dont want to see other people do good with them; let alone be killed by such a master :lol:

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bobbill12345 said:

your blind, there is clearly a drop off at the end xD... if you want ill waste 10 mins of my time and prove it to you frame by frame

at the end where it doesnt even matter; if hovers would not be capped so low; you would see a dropoff there also as its linked to cabins top speed everybody knows.

 

9 hours ago, Bobbill12345 said:

Literally NOT... wheeled builds can easily flip while driving over cliffs or even while turning

Funny how you say im dumb with all the ignorant bs you type 

then dont build a wedge in front or learn how to build correctly; because building prevents you from flipping. But I can understand this also as pc users never got to experience smooth steering on their keyboard buttons; so no smooth shifting of all that weight on top. you guys shoud change controls so you can steer with your mouse and experience precision :lol:

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Claysdad said:

BF are the most powerful movement part in the game. It is kinda silly how much hate hovers get while the masses remain silent on BF. 

Yup! And most of the Bigfoot builds prey on Hovers. They have the highest top speed, pretty good health, a high weight to tonnage ratio, and an actual perk. As much as I hate Kapkans and Porc, they're the only two items that oppose Dogs.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, zengerz66 said:

then dont build a wedge in front or learn how to build correctly; because building prevents you from flipping. But I can understand this also as pc users never got to experience smooth steering on their keyboard buttons; so no smooth shifting of all that weight on top. you guys shoud change controls so you can steer with your mouse and experience precision :lol:

Nothing "prevents" you from flipping. 

I have been flipped by ally kapkans, ally porcs, irregular spots on ground of certain maps, wedges of other players (often times cloaked), bumped off of ledges by allies, etc. That is just for wheels. We wont bother comparing hovers to tracks or grinders. Meanwhile I can go any direction without looking in a hover without ANY concern of flipping...and unless i hit a corner perfectly, I will never stop moving. 

I dont think hovers are OP right now and think they may be lagging behind in some regards...but I wont pretend the no-flip perk isnt valuable. That is asinine.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CamoWraith said:

Yup! And most of the Bigfoot builds prey on Hovers. They have the highest top speed, pretty good health, a high weight to tonnage ratio, and an actual perk. As much as I hate Kapkans and Porc, they're the only two items that oppose Dogs.

Yep. Kapkans and porcs are hated but they are the only things that make something other than CQC a viable option right now. Even if you decloak, you cant do enough damage to stop a CQC build before they can get on you...or they use their BF to just reset their cloak in 5 secs and start over.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DeviousMC said:

https://streamable.com/i6jjc0

please show me where there is an acceleration drop off.

This build is light enough the acceleration difference doesn't show up as clearly. It is still there if you compare the the time it takes from 0-10 and 80-90, you will notice the acceleration slows down a bit. Build the craft to max tonnage those tracks can support and it'll become more obvious. :)

 

13 hours ago, DeviousMC said:

Takes about the same amount of effort to flip a wheeled a build so idk. l2drive is all I can say. No reason to remove the friggin perk because you can't drive.

Hmm, so wheeled players should be punished for making driving mistakes but hover players shouldn't? If yes, then why? Why should the hovers be allowed to be playing by different rules than other movement parts?

 

I honestly don't know where you draw the claim the effort to flip a wheeled build vs hover is the same. As I said, you can tip a a hovercraft over only if you land it fully on its roof. Anything else and it'll correct itself back up. Now does the same happen with wheels? Do wheeld builds only flip over if they only land 100% on their roof?

 

13 hours ago, DeviousMC said:

Not my fault you aim is garbage either. You can't claim that being unable to take cover behind things that most others can is an upside dude.

It goes both ways. Your prospects of taking cover are reduced but now you also can shoot above cover which is genuinely a playstyle within he hover players. Most hovercrafts do position themselves in positions where they can shoot over certain pieces of cover. The instantaneous acceleration makes sure it punishes you as little as possible.

 

13 hours ago, DeviousMC said:

So you're suggesting to nerf the only upside.. which really isn't even much of anything anymore because why? you just don't like hovers? ah yeah.. I forget.

I also suggested a number of buffs. But in order for you to understand that, you'd actually need to read my posts. Which is probably too much to ask of you. :)

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Claysdad said:

My strong belief: to be good at hovers requires the most skill. It has advantages but the learning curve is the most challenging. So little Timmy and Susie cry about hovers because they cant use them well and want to feel better about themselves. I say this as someone that is below avg on hovers. I recognize it is more difficult to master

I addressed this earlier:

On 8/3/2020 at 3:06 AM, Spedemix said:

That's a fair point but the skill ceiling can't go so high it just surpasses everything else and gets to a point where every single veteran player are more or less forced to play it. You can't design a building game around something like that. Both Icari are Epic movement parts so they should be toe to toe in overall effectiveness with Legs, Tracks and Bigfoots.

 

Besides the devs have shown if a weapon with high skill floor (and ceiling) starts to get too good, they WILL do something about it. That's why we got a Whirlwind nerf.

 

Check this part out:

  Reveal hidden contents

 

The problem with the hovers is exactly the same as Riot had with Akali. Incredibly popular character whose avg. winrate was well..average. But all of a sudden in a tournament with skilled players got a staggering 72% winrate which is WAY off the line.

 

The result was Riot Games ended up first nerfing the character multiple times before completely redesigning it. Point here is that other online games do not seem to tolerate this staggering winrate coupled with super high skill floor. So I don't see why Crossout should either. :dntknw:

 

The high skill ceiling and floor are not excuses to keep the movement part in place where other parts really struggle to compete against at the higher skill levels. It makes for a bad endgame since well... the endgame is unbalanced.

  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm honestly not sure if Hovers are OP or not. I don't think they're under powered though.

I don't want hovers nerfed. If they're nerfed, people will just switch over to ML-200 and the various dog builds.

 Why can't we just come together and come up with ideas to improve Tracks, Meatgrinders, ML-200, and Bigrams? I think it's sad that only about half of the epic movement parts are well suited for high PS and CW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, CamoWraith said:

 Why can't we just come together and come up with ideas to improve Tracks, Meatgrinders, ML-200, and Bigrams? 

We do, but what for? For suggestions to wait for years to be approved or forwarded to devs?

To file bug reports to be answered with "not a bug"?

To have great threads about it in general discussions, only to disappear in the flood of other threads?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, fftunes4real said:

To have great threads about it in general discussions, only to disappear in the flood of other threads?

Good points... people would rather argue about Hovers than come up with ideas. Maybe if enough people make topics suggesting reasonable improvement to them; the devs will see them. I haven't given up yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Claysdad said:

Nothing "prevents" you from flipping. 

I have been flipped by ally kapkans, ally porcs, irregular spots on ground of certain maps, wedges of other players (often times cloaked), bumped off of ledges by allies, etc. That is just for wheels. We wont bother comparing hovers to tracks or grinders. Meanwhile I can go any direction without looking in a hover without ANY concern of flipping...and unless i hit a corner perfectly, I will never stop moving. 

I dont think hovers are OP right now and think they may be lagging behind in some regards...but I wont pretend the no-flip perk isnt valuable. That is asinine.

Flipping or not flipping is not a problem in my opinion. Positioning yourself on the map according knowledge is key here. Also building better prevents from flipping. 
Hovers bounce when they touch objects and prevent you from shooting.

I think this flipping argument is a bit like a last straw people pull because they cant explain properly why hovers are overpowered in their eyes with actual rational arguments. Ofcourse hovers need to have gyroscope in order to mantain their level; and if build incorrect you wont find this level. 

Like biased spede as example; so stubborn he was the only spider in clanwars running along 3 hovers waiting on his slow movement to egoistic/biased to pick a better build to help his team with. He cant even make intelligent decisions in clanwars and ends up calling it unbalance because of his own stubborn ego! He only focusses on 1 side and some numbers which dont hold up ingame; he doesnt even compare spiders and hover cirkle strafing directly; even with a heavier spider build. IF you fail at looking at direct balance differences and put the exact numbers next to it and match those with the numbers extracted from ingame; then you could go somewhere, but that is not what people like spede want. Such people should not have a huge voice on open forums like these; and that is why I am here; to counter, mirror

 

and expose the snowflake BS they cannot explain or back up with intelligence. I'll gladly be this xxxxx for neutral balance sake. You just cant have people repeat dumb sh.t like all movement parts should follow the same rules when their balance lies in durability/tonnage/speedcaps etc.... that is so biased it's clownesk or even raterded. Such people are ego clowns and far from any authority in knowledge regarding this game. 

In the end snowflakes like spede dont even want to talk to me anymore, they probably know their bs stands no change against someone like me and I will just destroy them in 1 way or another here. Im sick of such weak degenerated mentalities which their only option is to complain here instead of being able to adapt and overcome stuff. In my humble opinion people like spede are the actual toxic contributers on the forums as they just arent fully honest and should know better with their experience; while much softy people will see sethioz as toxic while he just does not wear a populist mask or act in a way so everyone likes him. The biased hating and bs on this forum is the epitome of toxicity to me. I know where new players are able to find the most knowledge as fast as possible without some people putting them in the wrong direction. Such spineless clowns will never ever qoute me on the fact that even heavier spiders turn faster than lighter hovers; I call that pathetic :yes_yes_yes:

 

43 minutes ago, Spedemix said:

It makes for a bad endgame since well... the endgame is unbalanced.

It's just so wrong to blame others for your own ego mistakes. If you think you can help your 3 hover teammates in clanwars endgame battles with your slow spider holding your team back; I dont call it balanced thinking; its just plain stupid or very egoistic. If you are like this in competitive battles; you absolutely have no firm ground to stand on or base any of your claims on. Dont hate the game because your ego is too stubborn! its the attitude of many hover complainers here ufortunatly. 

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, h0zz said:

100km/h Speedcap

Eh, it's a considered statement. I mean that some people are still complaining about Hovers being too imbalanced, strafing everywhere and stuff... This is why i'm on my way of getting them :2_100_100:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.