TimingToEat

Please give Icarus a little love

Hovers are balanced right now (at least on PS4), there are things to counter them:

Lance spark dog 

Forward mandrake 

Thicc spiders

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, Disasterizer said:

Oh you are so witty.

Your cleverness humbles me.

I kited around the enemy team & killed them.

4 kills 3 assists. Like I said, 1st time in a hover in along time. A mate who once got 8 kills in 1 minute, wasp hover, 1000c reward for posting the video of it, now rides wheels for the challenge of it.

You imply a hover should be able to kill the entire team in it's own - so which way do you want it, Hovers give no advantage, or hovers so good you should be able to kill the entire team on your own?

You are sooo quick to defend hovers & be an insulting d*ckwad at the same time you fail to do both.

I've never seen a hover kill anyone, it's players who kill. This only proves that not everyone is capable to do it. Once again, skills ,skills, skills.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Bobbill12345 said:

Yep, people constantly cry that hovers are the most stabile and resistant to flipping, but do spiders, tracks, or wheels rock like a boat and become unaimable for the next 10 seconds after flying over a pebble?

True.. they don't... because they don't fly over the pebble.. They get stuck on the pebble and die because they can't get away to safety over pebbles and objects. :)
Or go around and lose all the acceleration and speed on turns while hovers just get straight bouncy over stuff to safety. But shhhh, no one speaks about it. 

Edited by Firerfly
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, SpeedyGonzaleo said:

I've never seen a hover kill anyone, it's players who kill. This only proves that not everyone is capable to do it. Once again, skills ,skills, skills.

There you go trying to being clever again. Never seen anyone kill anything, only the builds...You never will so that's a point of proof you want which is unobtainable & therefore a null position. You will only ever see a build kill a build.

So only the skill matters & the build itself does not . Which we all know is untrue.

You failed to answer my question with a Trumpesque misdirection..

All hail Speedy with it's fantabulous skills & wit.

• Confused 3
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Disasterizer said:

Took a hover into battle because we needed a detector, 1st time flying in months. Got 4 kills MVP 1st match.

Reason? manoeuvrability.

What is this low iq bs? 

So you got a couple of kills..... REASON: due to some n00bs in the enemy team!!!!!  BIG APPLAUSE! :014j:

Dont come here on the forum as a dumb fish trying to make a point with talking huge BS! 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Disasterizer said:

Oh you are so witty.

Your cleverness humbles me.

I kited around the enemy team & killed them.

4 kills 3 assists. Like I said, 1st time in a hover in along time. A mate who once got 8 kills in 1 minute, wasp hover, 1000c reward for posting the video of it, now rides wheels for the challenge of it.

You imply a hover should be able to kill the entire team in it's own - so which way do you want it, Hovers give no advantage, or hovers so good you should be able to kill the entire team on your own?

You are sooo quick to defend hovers & be an insulting d*ckwad at the same time you fail to do both.

lucky you I was not on the enemy team then, Sounds like you played against a braindead team which is only logical when corssout only has a few good/intelligent players; so if you think 1 step further or know this by experience, then you would have understood what speedy means with killing 7 or 8. I would probably make you end up without resources if I see your level of intelligence here trying to make 1 point while actually saying nothing at all pffffffffffff; what an ungrounded ego :lol:

those 4 kills you did is not special, I do those with a light firebug draco building a kd of 4+; so BIGFOOT is OP u pointless cryhards!!!!

Dont even comment on hovers again if you are clueless and cannot rationalize your bs with intelligent reasoning next time fish; because its far from clever and talking about being clever with that looks a bit weird. Cryhards always resolve back to their crying because they arent used to winning; but WHINING!  

Hover haters will never ever be clear about which hovers they speak and always complain without the needed details for a proper conversation; so unintelligent and clownesk its pathetic. They will just blame hovers without knowing the differences between hovers; because you also need a brain to know and talk about those differences; so the complaining without rational details about hovers go hand in hand with having a bit of a clueless brain.  :p:

People complain about hovers because the game is way too fast for them; that is why they pick big slow spiders etc to match their tunnelvision!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Firerfly said:

True.. they don't... because they don't fly over the pebble.. They get stuck on the pebble and die because they can't get away to safety over pebbles and objects. :)
Or go around and lose all the acceleration and speed on turns while hovers just get straight bouncy over stuff to safety. But shhhh, no one speaks about it. 

great example of crying without explaining all the details properly.  Talking about a situation where a hovers is getting attacked by its counter; so laughable this pathetic dumb idiotic complaints!!!! How come I dont mind objects when driving a dog? maybe it's because I am not stupid like many players and know I have other buttons than only press gass together with some map awareness. And if you lose all acceleration on turns etc; then dont cry and get good; learn how to build properly. 
Catch a hover and its dead in 2 seconds, you have no reason to complain when you drive like an idiot and are unable to catch a hover.

Talking about hovers without 10+ hovers, the light and nimble ones while being very unclear what you are actually talking about. 
there is a big difference between a 6 hover helios hover or a 10 hover typhoon build.
but hover complainers seem to be clueless about the actual ingame dynamics; they just scream like a clueless fish. 

so much emotion about hovers; so much salt in getting killed by better skilled players that it seems to clog everybodies intellect right at that emotional moment they feel like crying here. So much emotion that it blocks every bit of rational information needed to make even 1 simple point. Could it be this emotion blocking dynamic intelligence or should we not take into account the factor emotion here and blame it just on a lack off ........  :014j:

It could even be just a map issue you know; but blame it on hovers like a CHAMP!!! 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Do you know what I dislike? How it's pretty much Bigfoot vs Hover. All of the other epic movement parts are second rate compared to them. ML-200 has to rely on the Kapkan to be viable. Meatgrinders and tracks need some love as well.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SpeedyGonzaleo said:

Guns don't kill people.
I kill people...

... with guns.

19 minutes ago, Clebardman said:

Guns don't kill people.
I kill people...

... with guns.

Are you referencing what I think you are?

Jon.jpg

Edited by CamoWraith
I'm dangerous, like a fire in a nursing home
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Disasterizer said:

LMAO talk about tunnel vision.

yeah budy! 

Did you show something else with your posting then? You might want to start getting into explaining accurate details instead of shouting stuff proving tunnelvision when you say "manouverability" when spiders can make the same manouvers even faster with more weight!!! 

Tunnelvision due to a lack of knowledge and just blindly shouting stuff you cannot back up with ingame stats/data. Spiders also turn faster.

Pretty dumb if you ask me and sorry to tell you

3 minutes ago, Clebardman said:

Guns don't kill people.
I kill people...

... with guns.

I dont kill people; I kill players:lol:

6 minutes ago, CamoWraith said:

Do you know what I dislike? How it's pretty much Bigfoot vs Hover. All of the other epic movement parts are second rate compared to them. ML-200 has to rely on the Kapkan to be viable. Meatgrinders and tracks need some love as well.

Even if those things were faster they still have to deal with porc spam...... pretty funny how bigfoots and hovers are the best ones able to counter porcs huh!!!!  I told this before but just to many clueless whiners who form a majority on the forum

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, CamoWraith said:

Are you referencing what I think you are?

Jon.jpg

Hahaha yes. It seemed appropriate with the whole

"hovers don't kill people, players do" - hover player

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, zengerz66 said:

pretty funny how bigfoots and hovers are the best ones able to counter porcs huh!!!!

I know hovers can counter porcs, they can fly right over the barrels they only have to worry about the timed explosion and flaming puddles. I see a lot of porcs mounted on hovers and used as a point blank defense against bigfoot builds.

5 minutes ago, Clebardman said:

Hahaha yes. It seemed appropriate with the whole

"hovers don't kill people, players do" - hover player

But the real question is: Are you dangerous, like a fire in a nursing home?

54 minutes ago, Clebardman said:

Guns don't kill people.

People kill people! Guns defend people against people with smaller guns! ©

45 minutes ago, CamoWraith said:

I know hovers can counter porcs, they can fly right over the barrels they only have to worry about the timed explosion and flaming puddles. I see a lot of porcs mounted on hovers and used as a point blank defense against bigfoot builds.

yeah they could handle dogbuilds. but nowadays those battles are 50/50. A smart dog can bait the porc as the dog can manouver faster than a porc hover can turn ;) 

2 minutes ago, zengerz66 said:

A smart dog can bait the porc as the dog can manouver faster than a porc hover can turn ;) 

What if he has kapkans or if his teammates are nearby to support him?

1 hour ago, CamoWraith said:

What if he has kapkans or if his teammates are nearby to support him?

IDGAF :p:   but you cant bypass them all 100% of the time unfortunatly :lol:

A good/smart dog makes a dual kapkan porc looks trash and useless. and that other teammater better be either another porc sneaking up in the back or a very fast build who can take all the attention from the dog or cripple it. 
I am speaking about the standard/meta dual(single) kapkan triple porc hovers. 

Ill just include an example of manouverability somewhere around 30 seconds or even lateron in the video catching jumpy helios hovers. I think, it isnt the best example for it; but you could get a grasp of what I actually mean without jumping into detailed tactics. Lately been saving some videos finally but I dont have a perfect example of baiting the porc on video; just this yet: 

bigfoots are op!!! speed/agility should be capped :017:

7 minutes ago, zengerz66 said:

bigfoots are op!!! speed/agility should be capped :017:

Not really , hovers have already been capped in both in speed and agility to let PressW's have a decent chance of beating them.

With the old hovers dogs and such would have 0 chance  , but if people can't counter melees without griffon at this point they deserve to lose either way.

Ez mode over there :noob:

• Upvote 1

I found Spark to be extremely useful on my attempt at Hybrid melee.  (Sparkester, and 2 Remedies.)  

I failed, BTW.  I refused to use Chameleon, and payed the price, but Porcupine Hovers, and Kapkan?  They weren't a problem.  

23 minutes ago, h0zz said:

Not really , hovers have already been capped in both in speed and agility to let PressW's have a decent chance of beating them.

With the old hovers dogs and such would have 0 chance  , but if people can't counter melees without griffon at this point they deserve to lose either way.

Ez mode over there :noob:

I get your point, I was joking on them being op hehehe ;) 

still bigfoots are good due to the overlapping factor: speed which beats durability; but only in good hands. They can also make good builds able te keep up with battlepass griffon hover builds.

Unfortunatly I missed experiencing those old hovers :(

ez mode depends on your perception just as many other things as comps also play a role

27 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

I found Spark to be extremely useful on my attempt at Hybrid melee.  (Sparkester, and 2 Remedies.)  

I failed, BTW.  I refused to use Chameleon, and payed the price, but Porcupine Hovers, and Kapkan?  They weren't a problem.  

use draco with the spark and modules, it will force you to drive better in able to dominate; imagine what you could do with firebugs as example if your a force with draco's. They are even buffed a while ago :) 

4 minutes ago, zengerz66 said:

Use draco with the spark and modules...

Yeah, unfortunately, I lost a lot of coins testing Mandrake, and finding it incompatible with Cohort Drones.  So, as much as I wanted to do Dracos (Seriously, I love the way they look, and that muzzle would have been a lot easier to fit in my build) I could afford Remedies, without selling off my Howl, Boosters, and spare engines.

I did find that mounting them to the sides, with a slight body tilt allowed me to shoot up, and down, instead of left and right, so there's that!

Edited by psiberzerker

On 8/2/2020 at 7:09 PM, TimingToEat said:

It's not that Icarus is too good, but that those who use Icarus are experienced players. After more than a dozen versions of weakening, do officials think that Icarus has been more balanced? Not so, Icarus has become too weak compared to other vehicles. Basically no newcomers are willing to try Icarus. Is this a good phenomenon? Give Icarus a little love, who is willing to support this idea?

Get out with the player who keeps new players quitting in the low PS band by using no armor hover team

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2