_Lemmy44_

A quick look at the suggestions section

A few days ago somebody commented on my suggestion from 2018, I was wondering a little about that. I also posted two suggestions recently and I looked through the suggestion sections to see if there are any new topics I might have missed. Well:

For the Visuals section, the last opened topic is from March 21, since there is no moderator note, it might be one of those topics that seem to slip through the crack and are opened right after being posted (or so it seems), last one with a moderator's comment is otherwise from February 17

For Weapons, Hardware, and Details there is a single thread made on the 2nd of June, right after a moderator's suggestion on the 1st. What an awesome privilege it is to open your own suggestion topics! Beyond that, the last opened up topic is from March 6

For a game that could greatly benefit from some new game modes and maps, the section looks awfully neglected, with the last suggestion that was opened up for discussion being from February 25.

You may not know this, but there is also a section for "Market" suggestion, latest opened topic was created on the 1st of November 2019.

The Miscellaneous section is for suggestion that might not fit into neither of the categories above, last suggestion that has been opened for feedback or whatever was created on February 25.

So in conclusion, it might be said that for almost half a year, the suggestion section of the forum has been near completely ignored. It would be nice if we got some sort of feedback on whether the devs want us to post some, or if they are not interested. Or perhaps there is just too many of those threads that players cannot see and the team is too flooded to handle it or there isn't enough moderators to sift through all of them and pick worthy suggestions to be either opened up to gather opinions or to forward them straight to the developers.

Perhaps there could be some "curators" picked from the community who could see those suggestions and could vote for them to be opened up, if a few of the curators vote for that topic, it gets opened up for discussion. If more than enough of them vote for it, it gets sent to the developers for a review. Let's say 50 curators are selected, 5 votes would be needed to open up a topic, 30 votes to be sent straight to the dev team.

Or maybe every topic posted in the suggestion section should be opened up straight away, but if a user posted an off-topic thread in the section, he would lose his posting privileges and subsequent topics the user creates would have to be approved like they need to be now.

Now, I have been told that there was some sort of an "internal suggestions queue" where suggestions get divided into categories and then looked up on when their category is being discussed by the dev team. However, having the suggestion first go through an iteration of community discussion and feedback may first filter out low quality suggestions or add more ideas to the good ones, and also show which one of those should be looked at first. Since a lot of players' suggestions have been disappeared into that mysterious "internal approval queue" and none of them were opened up as it seems, it would at the very least be very much welcome to at least hear some feedback such as "Already posted before" or "Impossible to implement at this time" or "Good suggestion, passing it onto the developers right away" or "Stop bothering us with your stupid attempts at suggestions" before our suggestions disappear, never to be seen again. Either way, since this elusive internal queue has pretty much produced no topics to be discussed since it has been introduced, I'm not very much convinced that it actually works and is being attended by whomever is responsible for handling its contents. And it should only be expected, that we would want a change to this soon!

• Upvote 4

To me it seems like the moderation of these subforums were completely on the shoulders of super moderators like Cpt Nero and Beta Angel. If neither of them is around it directly tranlates into subforum being dead. So the whole thing is poorly managed. Honestly I don't know what's the right way to fix it.

There has also been cases where an approved suggestion would later disappear. The Hover megathread where I wrote novel's worth of material of what exactly makes the hovers problematic was later taken down. Almost gives an impression the devs don't want to have a discussion about it, like it's a taboo or smth.

Anyway it seems both players and devs have given up on it since more and more players make their suggestions in the general sections and devs have even responded to some of those.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Spedemix said:

The Hover megathread where I wrote novel's worth of material of what exactly makes the hovers problematic was later taken down. 

That one was over-run by infighting.  It's a shame, because it was a great thread, and I'm sorry you lost such a contribution, but it was shouted down by the Players.  Not censored by the Mods.

Maybe there is no one who knows which suggestion should be approved or not.

It can't be that there was no one who suggested Demolition Derby before Pickleberry suggesting it at October 14, 2018.

IMO, they just choose which suggestion is less important and not critical to make pubic.
They must take useful suggestions only in confidence. 

Edited by VisceraCleaner

They just need to unlock that forum.  The pre-moderation thing was a good idea, when they had the manpower to moderate them.  The only other way to solve the problem is to have a dedicated moderator specific to those sub-forums.  Just like pretty much every forum I've been on, since the 90s.

• Like 1

Moderators are very hardworking (seriously, i get muted for saying poopoo in general chat, or get month mute for saying hello in clansearch, but then it takes a year for my suggestion to get approved)?

And devs have a very strong connection with their playerbase, constantly taking and approving suggestions as well as playing their own game

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Suggestion section is a waist because it is a modded section. Why do some dudes that know nothing about the game get to decide if something is talked about or not?

Edited by RoughMonkey

1 hour ago, RoughMonkey said:

Why do some dudes that know nothing about the game get to decide if something is talked about or not?

So sad but so true, most english mods on pc either just do bedlam and rando 5-10k ps pvp, and some dont play at all

Can't they just choose dedicated forum members to become mods ? Preferably those who have real in-depth insight on the game mechanics .

6 hours ago, Elcarick said:

Preferably those who have real in-depth insight on the game mechanics .

How would devs know who has in depth insight on game mechanics if they dont play their own game themselves

45 minutes ago, Bobbill12345 said:

How would devs know who has in depth insight on game mechanics if they dont play their own game themselves

But they look at data charts the bots provide them , these data charts even show the parts that are being used as armor :5_100_100:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1