VisceraCleaner

Caucasus could have better and cooler mechanism.

10 hours ago, MrSplatter said:

Caucasus targeting lock and fire definitely needs to be faster if not instant on the press of the button.

Hey, if it works for Annihilator, I don't see why it wouldn't work for Caucasus. :dntknw:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The Caucasus is fine as it is!

It already was nerfed into the ground and then the manual lock on was invented and then it was brought back up to par with incremental buffs.

Buffing it will only lead to it being nerfed again.

Invent a Legendary Automatic Weapon.

I would love for it to be lighter and have better turn speed, but then it would only get nerfed again.

• Confused 2

Caucasus should be 2-3 energy and instantly lock on to drones, as counter to annihilator cancer

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bobbill12345 said:

Caucasus should be 2-3 energy and instantly lock on to drones, as counter to annihilator cancer

2-3 energy, no... they will reduce it's dmg to a pea shooter then since you could stack many of them, and caucasus will be good only when there are 5 of them at least, making it a fortress build weapon only.... The energy is fine, but the instant lock should be on any target, drones and players. 
Pvp is a place where you need fast reactions and with the slow lock, hovers get behind covers, cars drive behind other cars, under the terrain curve, etc. By the time the click click sound ends, you loose lock window.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, LordTutor said:

I would love for it to be lighter and have better turn speed, but then it would only get nerfed again.

Keep in mind that the only 2 with higher Durability in the entire (Huge) MG tech tree are Punisher, and Reaper.  So, if they were lighter, they'd have to lose some of that Durability.  One of the few things going for them is they're fairly tough for their size.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2020 at 4:07 AM, Firerfly said:

but the instant lock should be on any target, drones and players. 

There are 2 problems with instant lock

1: people can just farm while being straight up afk, like they did 3 years ago

2: mmmmmmm yes 0 skill required weapons we need more of those

On 8/2/2020 at 8:35 PM, psiberzerker said:

What?

tenor.gif?itemid=3821601

Autoaim, autoshoot weapons were nerfed long ago due to players exploiting it. Queue up ingame and drive to work in rl, come home to maxed out resources at the end of the day. Any long-time player remembers the Caucasus spawncampers without wheels or driving circles. 100% automated weapons will never return to this game.

• Thanks 1

My idea make caucasus an Auto defence gun for drones, missles, Porcs and mines, 1 energy and only one can be mounted, need radar to increase the range of it depending on the radar u use. With this it would be useful for you and can support your team as well.

Edited by Draco_Night
  • Confused 2

I can understand everyone's desire for these Caucasus to be improved. They should not be greatly improved or reworked.

1. Caucasus were my first Epic Weapons that I ever crafted 3 years ago. They would terrorize low PS Missions because of the Frame Exploit. These Vehicles would be bare Cabins on Frames with Common Wheels and no Structure Parts allowing 2 Epic Weapons at below 3000 Power Score. So of course I desired them. Shortly after crafting my pair they were nerfed hard. They lost Durability and Turn Speed and were very hard to use effectively. I still kept using them to feed Data to the Developers. They were full Auto Aim at this time, targeting the nearest Enemy. This had Pros and Cons. If the nearest Enemy was almost dead and a healthy Enemy became closer then the guns would allow the weak to escape and target the strong.

The Developers fixed the Frame Exploit and invented the Manual Lock On.

2. Now they had manual lock on but they still had reduced Turn Speed and Durability. The Mass was never reduced to off set the loss of their Durability but the Turn Speed was gradually brought back up while the Durability remained at the lowered amount. Now these guns remained locked on to the target that you chose unless you lose line of sight. They still have the draw back of not targeting Wheels or Weapons but that is to be expected when using AI Weapons. AI Weapons should always be weaker then Aimed Weapons like Specters.

3. While Specters are also 4 Energy, Specters required Coolers and Radiators while Caucasus never overheat. So for 8 Energy you get 2 Epic Guns. Caucasus work best with the Doppler and when you lose your Doppler you then become a Close Quarter Combat Vehicle. no longer a Mid Range Fighter. But the Doppler aids the whole team while aiding you personally. Coolers and Radiators only help you. Coolers and Radiators aid all your Weapons that benefit from being cooled. So, the Specter user will spend Energy and Power Score and Mass on these devices but they will increase the DPS of all the Specters. The Caucasus user must spend all that on a Detector which aids the whole team. You can use a Radar but you cannot hide a Radar like the Keen as well as you can hide your Doppler.

4. Because the Frame Exploit is repaired, you now must Armor your Caucasus Vehicle but you can not Armor the Weapons and they stick up like sore thumbs but they are very Durable. Thus, you lock onto your target and begin Evasive Maneuvers. The Weapons keep firing their bursts while you drive like a mad fool to keep them from getting shot off.

I play Dual Caucasus, Cheetah, and Doppler with Jawbreaker with Maximum Armor and 4 Bigfoot wheels for 7000 PS and get many MVP patches. If I was using 2 Specters then I would need at least 2 more Energy for Coolers and Radiators. By not spending Power Score on these devices I can spend it on Structure Parts. The Energy is spent on the Cheetah and Doppler and not on the Seal or the Shiver. 

I never want the Guns to be fully automatic again. I like that I choose to shoot the Drones or shoot the Drone User. I like locking onto Hovercraft and chase them down, twisting and turning to evade Enemy fire while continuing to reliably hit the Enemy. I like dodging Cannon shells and Plasma balls while never losing my target lock.

They are fine as is. Any improvement will result in them being Over Powered again. I understand that you feel the Specter is more powerful for 4 Energy Epic but that is to be expected. Automatic Weapons cannot be as strong or stronger then Weapons you have to aim.

20 hours ago, Bobbill12345 said:

There are 2 problems with instant lock

1: people can just farm while being straight up afk, like they did 3 years ago

2: mmmmmmm yes 0 skill required weapons we need more of those

How can you be afk if you need to select a target to lock on? 
The instant lock means that there is no delay between the press of the button and the actual locking of the weapon on the target. Like other weapons act. You press the button, it fires. 
Caucasus now has a delay, and it is bad. TWO delays.. First for the selection where you need to HOLD the button over the enemy for a long time, then the time after that for it to actually fire.
There is a big difference between the words instant and auto.

Example" Instant noodles... You would think they prepare them self without you doing anything... Nope, they just are a fast dish. Now if it was AUTO noodles, well, you'd be correct. :)

Edited by Firerfly
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Firerfly said:

The instant lock means that there is no delay between the press of the button and the actual locking of the weapon on the target

Oh I thought you meant just locking on with 0 player intervention xD

4 hours ago, Bobbill12345 said:

Oh I thought you meant just locking on with 0 player intervention xD

I know... no worries  :salute: