CamoWraith

A comparison between Bigfoots, Hardened Tracks, and Small Tracks

I've decided to make a chart about some of the stats comparing the stats of Bigfoot tires, Hardened Tracks, and Small Tracks. 

Notes about the Chart:

1. Tonnage efficiency is Tonnage minus weight

2. Both Net tonnage efficiency and Net Power drain calculations use these formulas: Bigfoot*2+Bigfoot ST*2. Hardened and Small tracks are HT/ST*4 

3. Bigfoot reverse speed was done using Gryphon and Cheetah engine. Wheeled cabin reverse speed is less consistent than other movement parts.

Comparisons:

1. Bigfoot VS Small Tracks: Bigfoot has higher top speed and tonnage. Small tracks have faster reverse speed, lower power drain, and shorter car profile. Bigfoot has more durability; however, Small Tracks somewhat negate this with its damage resistance.

2.  Bigfoot VS Hardened Tracks:  Bigfoot has faster speed, acceleration, and slightly more tonnage. Hardened Tracks have more durability, faster reverse speed, and shorter car profile.

3. Hardened Tracks VS Small Tracks: Hardened Tracks have higher durability and tonnage. Small Tracks have faster acceleration, top speed, and reverse speed.

Conclusion:

In several key areas, the Bigfoot seems to get the best of both worlds compared to its track counterparts.  It has slightly more net tonnage than Hardened Tracks, yet it has higher speed than Small Tracks. The Bigfoot's stats give it amazing versatility. A player can create a fast and agile car with Bigfoot tires; however, the tires also allow a person to build a hulking behemoth without much difficulty. Finally, the perk is valuable for players who are using the cheetah engine to reload cloak, aegis, and drones. They're the only epic movement part that seems to have an actual perk. The others' perks seem to be only features and characteristics. 

I think Tracks still need some improvements. I think they should have more tonnage to start. Maybe a better perk would help. The damage resistance feels more like a feature than an actual perk. 

bigfoot chart 4.PNG

Bigfoot chart 2.PNG

Edited by CamoWraith
Redid the first chart and the comparisons
  • Upvote 5

9 hours ago, CamoWraith said:

I think Tracks still need some improvements. I think they should have more tonnage to start.

Agree.

Especially Armored track needs love.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, CamoWraith said:

Conclusion:

In several key areas, the Bigfoot seems to get the best of both worlds compared to its track counterparts. It has higher top speed and tonnage than both track types. These two reasons are the main reason why Bigfoot tires are so common. You can build a high speed short/melee car with them. A person could also use them to make a heavily armored behemoth.

It just plain does. Bigfoots were and are ridiculously good but never got addressed because of how much attention was on hovers.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, VisceraCleaner said:

Especially Armored track needs love.

They really do. They have no place in high PS. They also struggle in Mid PS.

They look like they're based off of Solviet T28 tank tracks. Counting the number of Bogie wheels and return rollers, they look like they're half the size of their real life counter part. 

Maybe they could make the tracks model bigger, have a lot more tonnage, and durability. They could increase the PS and Weight to compensate for this.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SIGMA920 said:

It just plain does. Bigfoots were and are ridiculously good but never got addressed because of how much attention was on hovers.

The thing is, hovers need a lot of fuzing and practice to be very super effective. Standard Bigfoot tires are already super effective. Firedogs, Dronebots, Sparkvesters, wedges, and lancers are all extremely dangerous. They kill Hovers very quickly. They can also take down the much tougher spider builds. Something needs to be done.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, CamoWraith said:

I'm kinda sad that no one saw this.

Just did.  +2.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, CamoWraith said:

I've decided to make a chart about some of the stats comparing the stats of Bigfoot tires, Hardened Tracks, and Small Tracks. 

Notes about the Chart:

1. Tonnage efficiency is Tonnage minus weight

2. Both Net tonnage efficiency and Net Power drain calculations use these formulas: Bigfoot*2+Bigfoot ST*2. Hardened and Small tracks are HT/ST*4 

3. Bigfoot reverse speed was done using Gryphon and Cheetah engine. Wheeled cabin reverse speed is less consistent than other movement parts.

Comparisons:

1. In Bigfoot VS Small Tracks: Bigfoot has higher top speed and tonnage. Small track's only big advantage is its reverse speed and shorter car profile. Powerdrain and durability are roughly even when damage resistances are accounted for.

2. In Bigfoot VS Hardened Tracks:  Bigfoot has higher acceleration, top speed and tonnage. Hardened Tracks have more durability, faster reverse speed, and shorter car profile. 

3. Hardened Tracks VS Small Tracks: Hardened Tracks have higher durability tonnage. Small Tracks have higher acceleration, top speed, and reverse speed.

Conclusion:

In several key areas, the Bigfoot seems to get the best of both worlds compared to its track counterparts. It has higher top speed and tonnage than both track types. These two reasons are the main reason why Bigfoot tires are so common. You can build a high speed short/melee car with them. A person could also use them to make a heavily armored behemoth. 

I think Tracks still need some improvements. I think they should have more tonnage to start.

Bigfoot chart 1.PNG

Bigfoot chart 2.PNG

change the bigfoot powerdrain error, switched around the numbers there.

compared to bigfoots those small tracks are viable in higher clanwars btw. 

5 hours ago, zengerz66 said:

compared to bigfoots those small tracks are viable in higher clanwars btw. 

How so?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zengerz66 said:

change the bigfoot powerdrain error, switched around the numbers there.

I need to proofread my work better next time. I also made a mistake with Hardened track net tonnage. It's fixed now.

The recent "buff" to Small Tracks was hilarious. Worse tonnage/mass and PS for a tiny bit of power drain... great.

The problem with tracks is that they suck at doing what you'd expect of tracks, being tanky. My suggestion for tracks is still the same:
1/Give them 50% of their mass as mass limit bonus and tonnage so tracked cars can finally be the heaviest and tankiest
2/Make them deal active melee damage below them based on the craft's weight.

Bonus suggestion: finally fix Golden Eagle wich is obviously the worst of the worst epic engines?

Edited by Clebardman
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Clebardman said:

1/Give them 50% of their mass as mass limit bonus and tonnage so tracked cars can finally be the heaviest and tankiest

That would be great for making really tough and tanky vehicles. There should be a limit so people don't abuse the system.

8 minutes ago, Clebardman said:

Make them deal active melee damage below them based on the craft's weight.

Crushing shotgun wedges would be so awesome. 

9 minutes ago, Clebardman said:

Bonus suggestion: finally fix Golden Eagle wich is obviously the worst of the worst epic engines?

Yeah, most people would rather have something reload faster than faster moving tracks and augers.

1 hour ago, Clebardman said:

Bonus suggestion: finally fix Golden Eagle which is obviously the worst of the worst epic engines?

This would help tracks the most. Easy fix.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, CamoWraith said:

That would be great for making really tough and tanky vehicles. There should be a limit so people don't abuse the system.

Crushing shotgun wedges would be so awesome. 

Yeah, most people would rather have something reload faster than faster moving tracks and augers.

1/ The limit is that since in my suggestion they offer less mass limit than they weight themselves, it can't be scaled indefinitely. Tracked levis are a problem already anyway, but that's separate from PvP

2/It just seems logical. From the images I could see tracked vehicules just destroy what they drive over. Roads, cars, you name it.

3/Well I think the perk... is out of place, but could work. If it wasn't good only for Goliaths, and if more speed didn't mean more time spent on the roof... Anyway since it's a talk about tracks I assume we keep the weird GE perk for tracks.

2 hours ago, Clebardman said:

The recent "buff" to Small Tracks was hilarious. Worse tonnage/mass and PS for a tiny bit of power drain... great.

2/Make them deal active melee damage below them based on the craft's weight.

I used to use ST often, though never at higher PS. Now i use them not at all. Certainly wasnt a buff from my perspective.

GE kinda sucks. Yes, having more speed is nice. But each engine gives non-tracks and grinders a speed boost, so this doesnt make GE special. A no-energy engine gives 10% boost to several areas. I think GE should at least have that added to its current perk.

2 hours ago, Clebardman said:

finally fix Golden Eagle wich is obviously the worst of the worst epic engines?

Absolutely, what do you have in mind?

I made the first chart easier to read. I also corrected the calculations and proofread my work. I hope more people notice this topic.

Edited by CamoWraith

One of the reasons that Bigfoot is so popular is because they are the only Epic wheel. If more Epic wheels were added (Medium and Light variety), then Bigfoot prevalence would be replaced with wheel prevalence. "Vehicles that use wheels" is the big category, while "vehicles that use Bigfoot" takes a large portion of that (at high PS) by virtue of being the only Epic option.

That being said...

The reason that Bigfoot is good for super-heavy isn't because of base stats (a "brickfoot" can often be seen with a dozen wheels), but because of their good tonnage/mass ratio (even ST is impressive). Meanwhile, tracks (especially Armored Tracks) have comparatively poor tonnage/mass ratios, so those vehicles only get high durability through mass limit alone, compensating for their T/M efficiency rather than utilizing it. (Goliath is an exception, because it often covers the sides of the cabin)

The one scenario where you would take Small/Hardened/Armored tracks instead of Bigfoot is if you *need* that reverse speed.

7 minutes ago, DominusPericulum said:

One of the reasons that Bigfoot is so popular is because they are the only Epic wheel. If more Epic wheels were added (Medium and Light variety), then Bigfoot prevalence would be replaced with wheel prevalence. "Vehicles that use wheels" is the big category, while "vehicles that use Bigfoot" takes a large portion of that (at high PS) by virtue of being the only Epic option.

That being said...

Unless other epic wheels filled the a different niche or had comparable stats then they'd stay as popular as they currently are. You have to remember that wheel traction is rarity based so there will be no difference in traction for a light epic wheel over a heavy epic wheel.

Edited by SIGMA920

1 hour ago, DominusPericulum said:

Bigfoot would still see a lot of use even if it isn't the only epic wheel. Its stats are pretty solid.

The reason that Bigfoot is good for super-heavy isn't because of base stats (a "brickfoot" can often be seen with a dozen wheels), but because of their good tonnage/mass ratio (even ST is impressive).

Their amazing tonnage/mass ratio allows a car to carry heavy weapons and a lot of armor.

tracks (especially Armored Tracks) have comparatively poor tonnage/mass ratios, so those vehicles only get high durability through mass limit alone, compensating for their T/M efficiency rather than utilizing it. (Goliath is an exception, because it often covers the sides of the cabin)

Tracks really do need a buff. Armored tracks could use a big tonnage buff.

1 hour ago, SIGMA920 said:

Unless other epic wheels filled the a different niche or had comparable stats then they'd stay as popular as they currently are.

Bigfoot has some very impressive stats. Any new epic wheels would have to really excel in a certain category to be used over Bigfoot. 

12 minutes ago, CamoWraith said:

Bigfoot has some very impressive stats. Any new epic wheels would have to really excel in a certain category to be used over Bigfoot. 

Exactly. Small epic wheels would be mainly useful for tilting builds or racing but otherwise would be overshadowed unless they were worth using on their own.

13 minutes ago, SIGMA920 said:

Small epic wheels would be mainly useful for tilting builds or racing but otherwise would be overshadowed unless they were worth using on their own.

They would have to move extremely fast. I imagine they would be powerful if they had some damage pass through as well.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, CamoWraith said:

They would have to move extremely fast. I imagine they would be powerful if they had some damage pass through as well.

That might make them actually worth using.

5 minutes ago, SIGMA920 said:

That might make them actually worth using.

We'll just have to wait and see.