RoughMonkey

Give Drones love (Xbox)

ok, so let me start off by saying that I do not want the drone wars back, BUT i think that the console only 25% nerf was WAY to much.

They pretty much remove a whole class of weapons from the game, they are now useless.

SO.... I'm not even sure of an answer for this, but I would love to hear peoples ideas of how we can make this weapon useful on the Xbox (and all other platforms) without nerfing it to the ground.

to often the dev team answers a problem with nuking an item instead of fixing it... You may not like drones (I dont like cannons) but i dont want cannons nerfed to the point no one uses them.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 4

I think the whole having to see people for the ai to work thing is worse of a nerf than the damage. Nerf. I havnt tried drones in a long time  tbh dont plan on it.. never had a problem with them anyways

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, RoughMonkey said:

ok, so let me start off by saying that I do not want the drone wars back, BUT i think that the console only 25% nerf was WAY to much.

They pretty much remove a whole class of weapons from the game, they are now useless.

SO.... I'm not even sure of an answer for this, but I would love to hear peoples ideas of how we can make this weapon useful on the Xbox (and all other platforms) without nerfing it to the ground.

to often the dev team answers a problem with nuking an item instead of fixing it... You may not like drones (I dont like cannons) but i dont want cannons nerfed to the point no one uses them.

Fix is simple. Remove -25% damage nerf all drones.    i have whining this balance issue long time ago.  

Usually drone haters give purpose wrong info to drones.  It is a time to FIX console drones.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

You are 100% correct. 

25% damage nerf to drones is too much. 

I remember when that nerf coming and what devs say to reasons. They sayid how hard is hitting to drones on consoles and blaa blaa. Then they giving to us new aim assist same time and added that -25% damage to drones... That is like over nerf to me, because that killed whole weapon class! Drones are weak and doesnt do enough damage on overal. 

Even just mines are million times better than AI based drones. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, erkwounder said:

You are 100% correct. 

25% damage nerf to drones is too much. 

I remember when that nerf coming and what devs say to reasons. They sayid how hard is hitting to drones on consoles and blaa blaa. Then they giving to us new aim assist same time and added that -25% damage to drones... That is like over nerf to me, because that killed whole weapon class! Drones are weak and doesnt do enough damage on overal. 

Even just mines are million times better than AI based drones. 

yeah man, it's there answer to everything. Make one group happy and then destroy the game for others.

I dont want them to be OP again, but there is no reason to not FIX them instead of nuking them off the face of the earth.

I dont even play drones, but it is sad when any weapon type is basically removed from the game.

• Upvote 1

Drones dont need love, lovers of drones need skill/aim and intelligence to make better choices in tactical approach.

I bet many weaklings will jump on this crying for some AI aim helping them get a couple of more wins. 
Drones are support; dont buff them to make them weapons. Drones are not weapons so their damage should be far from being weapons. 
Every weapons fuse event shows us all this: drones arent weapons but modules. Modules cant doo too much damage.

25% damage nerfs is good it made the drones balanced in price as they arent weapons and modules cant be more than double the coinworth of regular proper weapons!!!! Only losers see positive stuff 1 dimensional drone bs. It would destroy lower/mid tier clanwars also when drones will be buffed. Drones shouldnt even be represented 10% of composition in pvp or other battles.

drones = support modules; so dont beg devs to make them weapons due to some lazyness 

• Confused 6
  • Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, RoughMonkey said:

yeah man, it's there answer to everything. Make one group happy and then destroy the game for others.

I dont want them to be OP again, but there is no reason to not FIX them instead of nuking them off the face of the earth.

I dont even play drones, but it is sad when any weapon type is basically removed from the game.

Your bi-polar is showing. You rant and rave and just plain talk shet on posts you don't agree with, but someone says what you want to hear and suddenly your an unbiased forum goer looking to improve balance in the game. 

Yea tf right kiddo, of course you'd switch gears to civil while talking about drones.

Pick a lane. Preferably on the oncoming side.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, DHawk216 said:

Your bi-polar is showing. You rant and rave and just plain talk shet on posts you don't agree with, but someone says what you want to hear and suddenly your an unbiased forum goer looking to improve balance in the game. 

Yea tf right kiddo, of course you'd switch gears to civil while talking about drones.

Pick a lane. Preferably on the oncoming side.

Nice one Dbag216. Go back to your dead PS4.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, RoughMonkey said:

Nice one Dbag216. Go back to your dead PS4.

HA HA HA

you mean dead xbox huh! :lol:

• Confused 5

I would gladly lose all damage from my Annihilator to gain operational range and survivability on drone. Fuze drones are a bit too slow. The other drones I don't have enough experience with to have an opinion on.

On the recieving end, I don't think the drones needed more nerf on console for balancing than they got on pc. But I do understand the nerf as a political desicion. Their popularity was choking missions, and the player base unwilling to adapt.

14 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

I would gladly lose all damage from my Annihilator to gain operational range and survivability on drone. Fuze drones are a bit too slow. The other drones I don't have enough experience with to have an opinion on.

On the recieving end, I don't think the drones needed more nerf on console for balancing than they got on pc. But I do understand the nerf as a political desicion. Their popularity was choking missions, and the player base unwilling to adapt.

Yeah, annihilator and fuse got nerfed way to much. They are like the tow missle of drones.

and was it really the “player base” that was unwilling to adapt or was it like a few dudes complaining in the forums.

Life lesson: if you scream loader your right. 

I only remember grenade drones being an issue. They are small, shot extremely accurate, and were fast enough to keep up with you. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Claysdad said:

I only remember grenade drones being an issue. They are small, shot extremely accurate, and were fast enough to keep up with you. 

yeah, I do agree that Grenade Drones where an issue, but instead of fixing that problem they let a few guys in the forum talk them into messing up a whole group of weapons.

If they where ment to be a support weapon, then lets start there and make then limited to 1-2 a build and make them good again.

I would love to see the mix of builds that come from that change.

1 hour ago, Claysdad said:

Yeah, they were the only ones that were really a problem, and that could have been solved differently. Just slowing them down a bit would have helped a lot, or making their launcher overheat faster. 

Having said that, I do not miss the drone war days on PS4. I was usually running the right weapons to counter them, but that made me feel like it was my responsibility to take out every drone I saw, and it got boring. 

4 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

Yeah, they were the only ones that were really a problem, and that could have been solved differently. Just slowing them down a bit would have helped a lot, or making their launcher overheat faster. 

Having said that, I do not miss the drone war days on PS4. I was usually running the right weapons to counter them, but that made me feel like it was my responsibility to take out every drone I saw, and it got boring. 

yeah i agree with you man, no one wants Drone Wars back... BUT if they where adjusted in a way to be a support class weapon then it might be good to have a few guys running 1 or 2 of them along side of there main weapon.

9 hours ago, RoughMonkey said:

i dont want cannons nerfed to the point no one uses them.

:lol:

And you wonder why drones got extra nefed on consoles , even without that extra nerf drones are nothing on the PC , you see them as much as you see Impluse's , that is never,

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RoughMonkey said:

yeah i agree with you man, no one wants Drone Wars back... BUT if they where adjusted in a way to be a support class weapon then it might be good to have a few guys running 1 or 2 of them along side of there main weapon.

That would take a severe nerf in the form of limitation or a stat decrease that would just further cripple them as a support weapon.

9 hours ago, Santonik said:

Fix is simple. Remove -25% damage nerf all drones.    i have whining this balance issue long time ago.  

Usually drone haters give purpose wrong info to drones.  It is a time to FIX console drones.  

But then the drones would be bad for the balance again.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

I don't miss the times where 7 out of 8 enemies ran drones... I prefer fighting players. Players that fight back and not only run away.

:dntknw:

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, fftunes4real said:

I don't miss the times where 7 out of 8 enemies ran drones... I prefer fighting players. Players that fight back and not only run away.

Jup its so much better now.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, RoughMonkey said:

was it really the “player base” that was unwilling to adapt or was it like a few dudes complaining in the forums.

Life lesson: if you scream loader your right. 

This wasn't because of forum crying. They simply looked at the numbers and saw that 75% below 10k ps are grenadier builds. It was insane on PS4. Even if you ran a counter build it didn't matter because there were too many drones on the field.

Grenadiers rot in hell now and they should stay there. Seeing them go from 1600 coins to 350 is pure satisfaction. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

This wasn't because of forum crying. They simply looked at the numbers and saw that 75% below 10k ps are grenadier builds. It was insane on PS4. Even if you ran a counter build it didn't matter because there were too many drones on the field.

Grenadiers rot in hell now and they should stay there. Seeing them go from 1600 coins to 350 is pure satisfaction. 

Can you show where you found your fakes?

if not then it is fake news.

• Confused 1

The only drones that were op were annihilators, yet devs nerfed all drones including useless ones like fuzes and annacondas... useless devs disconnected from their game and too incompetent to fix the actual problem, as usual

• Like 1
  • Confused 2