Sign in to follow this  
RoughMonkey

The real XO problem

So, someone made a post about people trashing the dev team, and I'm going to have to agree that this has went a little far and maybe the finger should be pointed at people here instead.

Whats funny is that some people think that their ideas are good, when in fact they are trash.

Then they kick their feet and scream till they get a bunch of other guys that dont know what they are talking about to kick their feet and scream about the same thing, until it is the only voice you hear.

Then the dev team listens to the load whiners and makes an un-needed nerf/change that just messes the game up even more.

That same group of guys is just going to pick up the next thing in their list and start complaining about that till that gets nerfed and so on and so on.

The even funnier thing is that group is normally a group of guys that has played the game for years, but has not even crawled out of the 7k-9k area and dont play clan wars.

Instead they sit in the middle of the game and think they know everything, while playing fully fused seal club builds at mid PS. (yes, 7k-9K is Mid PS, get over it)

Then you will have someone that has some skill that comes in an owns one of those guys that is playing something goofy and instead of pointing the figure at themselves for having low skill, no common sense, and no ability to build, they will come here and complain that something needs nerfs because they suck.

Then the process starts all over again.

:popcorn:time for the popcorn!

Edited by RoughMonkey
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, RoughMonkey said:

:popcorn:time for the popcorn!

Salted or sweet?

• Haha 1

Just now, Psychq said:

Salted or sweet?

lots and lots of butter :) its a slippery slope from here on out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

At this point they should focus on fixing bugs (movement parts , hitboxes) , updating stuff outside the actual severs (Overall shop rework , packs , CK's,+co driver rework when ?_?) . etc , visual stuff to improve the retention rate for new players , nothing makes you quit early like the feeling you are playing an half-finished project that was abandoned.

And changing bots to the build types that the crap AI can handle better right now (no more hover bots)

They should also think about what to next about radars  , cloaks ,  verifiers and griffon perks , whats else next ? Anti-Anti-Anti-Anti Cloak something ?

Edited by h0zz
  • Confused 4
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, h0zz said:

They should also think about what to next about radars  , cloaks ,  verifiers and griffon perks , whats else next ? Anti-Anti-Anti-Anti Cloak something ?

And... this is why we have this post...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, RoughMonkey said:

I think I must have hit to close to the truth on this post :)

Or no-one took the bait

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Bonkers247 said:

Or no-one took the bait

nothing i said was un-true, its not bait.

DEVS CAN'T HANDLE TEH TRUUUUUTH!!1 :popcorn:

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Mad_Lancer said:

nor can forum users.

Edited by RoughMonkey
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm bored, I'll throw in on this. Let's try to keep it peaceable and talk about each other's points. 

You say the same group of guys will pick up the next thing and cry about it until it's nerfed. I agree, it is what happens. I also think it has had both good and bad effects.

A good example was Typhoons. They were for a while the only competitive build. The reason was they were OP. Even avid users were tired of it. The community did the same thing it always does and that was to cry, moan and xxxxx until it was nerfed. It worked, and it was good for everyone.

A bad example was drones. They needed adjustment, that was for sure. What happened was they were banished from competitive play on consoles. This was not a good example. 

Now, take a step back, process that and now onto my main point.

I think until the game reaches a healthy balance, which is probably never will, certain parts need adjusting. 

The objective of balance is to get everything as close to the middle as realistically possible. 

So if something is clearly overperforming, you nerf it until it isn't overperforming. There are direct nerfs, and there are indirect nerfs. A direct nerf is to change the part itself. An indirect nerf is to affect things that affect it. Both can work, but they still address the main problem: A part is overperforming.

Now, that's my point, and to clarify: If anything is consistently outperforming, something should be done to bring it closer in line with the median. 

Now to bring my point around to your point (people will cry about everything systematically and endlessly), if something is out of balance in the eyes of a overwhelming majority, something should be done. People make the occasional post crying about lances. It happens, it's a frustrating way to die. But it doesn't pop up 5 times a day in different posts.

But when 1/3 of every post cry about the same thing, it usually means there is a consensus forming. Look at drones back in the day, hovers before all their various nerfs, Typhoons, Harvesters way back in the day, etc. These things in hindsight were definitely a problem, and most were met with reasonable nerfs to bring them closer to the middle, the 50 yard line, the median, the average, pick a synonym. Again, drones caught an über nerf and that wasn't good for balance. It happens, the devs make these decisions, not us.

And again, this is me addressing your point of people complaining endlessly down the line. Until there is no clear cut, head-and-shoulders-above-the-competition OP thing, people will continue to complain and get results, as well they should. 

When you see it's just a random vent post here or there, no biggie. Is what it is. But if 1/3 of every post are complaining about the same thing, there must be a reason. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

All the fixed angle cannons are dead , tsunami is garbage , and garbophoon is only playable because of the blatsforce at this point ,  they probably work better vs bigfoots than with the old perk , but damage wise its very weak

• Confused 5

4 minutes ago, Bobbill12345 said:

image.png.fc7c41a9428b1ff1f01669b662131a

And don't forget their face looks something like react_confused.png

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, h0zz said:

And don't forget their face looks something like react_confused.png

ahah.jpg

11 hours ago, DHawk216 said:

I'm bored, I'll throw in on this. Let's try to keep it peaceable and talk about each other's points. 

You say the same group of guys will pick up the next thing and cry about it until it's nerfed. I agree, it is what happens. I also think it has had both good and bad effects.

A good example was Typhoons. They were for a while the only competitive build. The reason was they were OP. Even avid users were tired of it. The community did the same thing it always does and that was to cry, moan and xxxxx until it was nerfed. It worked, and it was good for everyone.

A bad example was drones. They needed adjustment, that was for sure. What happened was they were banished from competitive play on consoles. This was not a good example. 

Now, take a step back, process that and now onto my main point.

I think until the game reaches a healthy balance, which is probably never will, certain parts need adjusting. 

The objective of balance is to get everything as close to the middle as realistically possible. 

So if something is clearly overperforming, you nerf it until it isn't overperforming. There are direct nerfs, and there are indirect nerfs. A direct nerf is to change the part itself. An indirect nerf is to affect things that affect it. Both can work, but they still address the main problem: A part is overperforming.

Now, that's my point, and to clarify: If anything is consistently outperforming, something should be done to bring it closer in line with the median. 

Now to bring my point around to your point (people will cry about everything systematically and endlessly), if something is out of balance in the eyes of a overwhelming majority, something should be done. People make the occasional post crying about lances. It happens, it's a frustrating way to die. But it doesn't pop up 5 times a day in different posts.

But when 1/3 of every post cry about the same thing, it usually means there is a consensus forming. Look at drones back in the day, hovers before all their various nerfs, Typhoons, Harvesters way back in the day, etc. These things in hindsight were definitely a problem, and most were met with reasonable nerfs to bring them closer to the middle, the 50 yard line, the median, the average, pick a synonym. Again, drones caught an über nerf and that wasn't good for balance. It happens, the devs make these decisions, not us.

And again, this is me addressing your point of people complaining endlessly down the line. Until there is no clear cut, head-and-shoulders-above-the-competition OP thing, people will continue to complain and get results, as well they should. 

When you see it's just a random vent post here or there, no biggie. Is what it is. But if 1/3 of every post are complaining about the same thing, there must be a reason. 

16 hours ago, Mad_Lancer said:

11 hours ago, RoughMonkey said:

nor can forum users.

Where you at? Oh, that's right.

Can't handle the truth. 

• Confused 3
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, RoughMonkey said:

The even funnier thing is that group is normally a group of guys that has played the game for years, but has not even crawled out of the 7k-9k area and dont play clan wars.

Instead they sit in the middle of the game and think they know everything, while playing fully fused seal club builds at mid PS. (yes, 7k-9K is Mid PS, get over it)

Do you know how everyone play XO??  How do you know the group who prefer 7k to 9k never have play 10K+ or clanwars?

Funny XO let it's players to have that freedom of choice to play the PS they prefer.  The game have many PS and game modes. Anyone knowing a part of the game well, can point out the issues of that part. Devs then have to look at that part and try to balance the whole game without causing upset to other parts and other players.

What you say here is really undermining players freedom of choice as well as try to demeaning a group of players.

I won't normally get involve with anything with CW as I do not play it and I won't know about it. BUT, if someone making a post about a weapon balance with out point out the PS range. I will look into if the balance would affect the PS ranges I know. 

There is no player above another player here.  New players has the same right as any season player. They all have the same pros and cons in game. They may even bring in new ideas into the game.  We can't just shut them up and tell them they do not know the game with out explain it.

If you think 7K- 9K are seal club range. Why not asked if them players feel if they are being "seals"!!  

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, ChopChopChop said:

If you think 7K- 9K are seal club range. Why not asked if them players feel if they are being "seals"!!  

ChopChop no understands how crossout works , if you are not playing on highest PS you are just hiding in fear , like a coward , why you hide from challenge ? Real man don't run from challenge.

Also ChopChop likes to talk about stuff he no understands in the game ? Why is ChopChop like this ?

13k is still sealclubbin grounds afaik

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

Real men dont hide ?

Yet cloak is so so popular and all sortsa builds hide and peek-a-boo behind cover.

33 minutes ago, h0zz said:

not playing on highest PS you are just hiding , why you hide from challenge ? Real man don't run from challenge.

Not the first time you can't understand the meaning of what is being talked about , what does a core mechanic of this game got to do with PS ? 

Also, real men don't make excuses about little details and have faces that look like this react_confused.png

#RealMen

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, h0zz said:

ChopChop no understands how crossout works , if you are not playing on highest PS you are just hiding in fear , like a coward , why you hide from challenge ? Real man don't run from challenge.

Also ChopChop likes to talk about stuff he no understands in the game ? Why is ChopChop like this ?

13k is still sealclubbin grounds afaik

You can also turn that around, real men do not hide behind a High PS build. And the few times I get tempted to play 15k + I really don't see much difference in the quality of players. And then another nice one about real men, real men don't have to brag.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, RoughMonkey said:

This +1

The same troll also said 90% of players agree with him/her.  Just because some people do not have time or like CW mode, don't mean they should not have a opinion.  What will count, is the opinion being fair or not.    It is what is being said and how to say it, not whom said it count. BUT, usually the two has a strong connections.   ie. a troll most likely, make troll posts. 

The above comment, reflect on how little area the person thinks.  The game is NOT made to pleased CW and top CW clans players only.  You will find there are more players on the other side.   Do you think the game company want to risk to unset the larger amount of players to pleased a few?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Psychq said:

You can also turn that around, real men do not hide behind a High PS build. And the few times I get tempted to play 15k + I really don't see much difference in the quality of players. And then another nice one about real men, real men don't have to brag.

Everyone got the same PS how can you hide behind it?

Stop telling stories and become the real man you could be!

#NikeJustDoIt

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, ChopChopChop said:

The same troll also said 90% of players agree with him/her.  Just because some people do not have time or like CW mode, don't mean they should not have a opinion.  What will count, is the opinion being fair or not.    It is what is being said and how to say it, not whom said it count. BUT, usually the two has a strong connections.   ie. a troll most likely, make troll posts. 

The above comment, reflect on how little area the person thinks.  The game is NOT made to pleased CW and top CW clans players only.  You will find there are more players on the other side.   Do you think the game company want to risk to unset the larger amount of players to pleased a few?

Why ChopChop so confused all the time ?

Why ChopChop no understands endgame ?

react_confused.png

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Sign in to follow this