poony4u2

What is low PS/mid PS/high PS?

Just trying to get a sense of how other people see PS ranges.

I see everything below 6000PS as low, and then it’s mid range up to 10 000PS, and then High PS above that.

Where do you set the divisions in your mind?

• Upvote 2

Just for simplicity sake, I go by 5,000s.  Nice round numbers, below 5K you can't do Hard Raids.  5-10K is about the middle, and about 10K, you start running itno Meta builds like flagship hovers.  Not stripped down seal club hovers, but full on Star Destroyers with Spaced Armor, Apollo, Colossus, and Cloak.

Basically, it's just easy to remeber 5K, 10K, and above.  I don;t really stress over Power Score.  Whatever I can fit on my vehicle, in Weapons, Hardware, and Armor up to the tonnage Limit, whatever I end up with is what I play at.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

Just trying to get a sense of how other people see PS ranges.

I see everything below 6000PS as low, and then it’s mid range up to 10 000PS, and then High PS above that.

Where do you set the divisions in your mind?

Low: 1K to 5K.

Mid: 6K to 9K.

High: 10K and up.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

I could calculate high PS, with all Legendaries, (Epic movement parts) including the Cabin would be about 11,800, and up, but 10K is a lot easier.  Honestly, the Legendary cabins, and new Structure parts shifted that up a bit.

1 minute ago, psiberzerker said:

I could calculate high PS, with all Legendaries, (Epic movement parts) including the Cabin would be about 11,800, and up, but 10K is a lot easier.  Honestly, the Legendary cabins, and new Structure parts shifted that up a bit.

The whole MM system changes when you hit 9500PS. Suddenly you can be matched with people as high as 14000PS.

Tutorial PS 0-2499

Beginner PS 2500-4999

Low PS 5000-9499

Mid PS 9500-13k

High PS 14k-19k

• Confused 6
  • Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, h0zz said:

Tutorial PS 0-2499

Beginner PS 2500-4999

Low PS 5000-9499

Mid PS 9500-13k

High PS 14k-19k

I think this is pretty close to what I would say too. +1

Personally i might change the numbers a little one way or the other, but something like this should really be the excepted as a standard definition.

You go through 0-5k SOOOOOO fast its not even really worth counting in low/mid/high.

Good Job H0zz!

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, h0zz said:

Tutorial PS 0-2499

Beginner PS 2500-4999

Low PS 5000-9499

Mid PS 9500-13k

High PS 14k-19k

That's interesting, I wouldn't call 9K low or 13K mid by any standard but that of a no lifer.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, SIGMA920 said:

That's interesting, I wouldn't call 9K low or 13K mid by any standard but that of a no lifer.

I’m just sick of people calling 10K high. It might have been 2-3 years ago. It is not now.

1 minute ago, RoughMonkey said:

I’m just sick of people calling 10K high. It might have been 2-3 years ago. It is not now.

What changed? 

6 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

What changed? 

PS of weapons/modules/movement parts was increased

55 minutes ago, SIGMA920 said:

13k is 2 typhoons ontop of an echo + 4 icarus and almost no armor with a special generator to be able to use an engine

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, h0zz said:

PS of weapons/modules/movement parts was increased

Yep, PS of parts has been increased more than once. The biggest jump was when they added Special Tier. We also had other increases to push the tiers apart from each other to try to help matching making a seal clubbing.

We now also have Legendary cabs too.

The lowest PS top tier clan wars builds hit around 13k and go up from there.

10K was high when all we had was blue wheels and the humpback cab was the only epic cab.

Edited by RoughMonkey
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, RoughMonkey said:

Yep, PS of parts has been increased more than once. The biggest jump was when they added Special Tier. We also had other increases to push the tiers apart from each other to try to help matching making a seal clubbing.

We now also have Legendary cabs too.

The lowest PS top tier clan wars builds hit around 13k and go up from there.

10K was high when all we had was blue wheels and the humpback cab was the only epic cab.

Maybe dividing it into three doesn’t make sense. 
What about low, medium, high, CW?

5/9/11 would be my splitters, since a good 4k build is obtainable within a week, 9k would take a month of heavy grind and 11... longer ;) anything beyond 13 is not realistically obtainable while maintaining a normal real life and not paying lots of real life cash, especially since during 2019 and 2020 til now income has drastically gone down in PVP, raids and CW, making it pretty mandatory to have fused high quality equipment to stand a fair chance against old/paying players on the same PS, with CW income being absolutely out of reach. Talking about useable builds here, not artificially pumped up for PS or lucky kill ones.

27 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

Maybe dividing it into three doesn’t make sense. 
What about low, medium, high, CW?

In my play group we call anything above 12k Unlimited.

This is because the game match making bulks anyone with a 12k or higher PS in the same group. You do not have a match-making tier above 12K. So Basically the game decides that any thing above 12k "an unlimited number" is to play in the same mission tier.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RoughMonkey said:

In my play group we call anything above 12k Unlimited.

This is because the game match making bulks anyone with a 12k or higher PS in the same group. You do not have a match-making tier above 12K. So Basically the game decides that any thing above 12k "an unlimited number" is to play in the same mission tier.

That makes sense to me, but I notice that when I play at 11000PS I sometimes see builds as big as 14000PS. 

Do they change the MM if not enough players are online? 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bkgmjo said:

5/9/11 would be my splitters, since a good 4k build is obtainable within a week, 9k would take a month of heavy grind and 11... longer ;) anything beyond 13 is not realistically obtainable while maintaining a normal real life and not paying lots of real life cash, especially since during 2019 and 2020 til now income has drastically gone down in PVP, raids and CW, making it pretty mandatory to have fused high quality equipment to stand a fair chance against old/paying players on the same PS, with CW income being absolutely out of reach. Talking about useable builds here, not artificially pumped up for PS or lucky kill ones.

This is BS, just because you dont know how is not a reason to say it can not be done. I teach clan mates all the time how to do it. (and yes they all own multiple 13K+ builds)

The market is a wonderful thing. I personally make enough coins to buy a relic every 3 - 4 weeks.

knowing what i know now about the game, I would say if I started a new account today, I could have a 13k+ build in 3 months without spending a dime.

Just now, poony4u2 said:

That makes sense to me, but I notice that when I play at 11000PS I sometimes see builds as big as 14000PS. 

Do they change the MM if not enough players are online? 

yeah, so if you are at 11k sometimes you will get pulled up if they did not have enough people to fill the lobby.

OR if you started a lobby below them they might get pulled down if you didn't have enough.

So there is some grey area, but for the most part the game tries to put you in the right place.... then when it has decided that it is taking to long it just grabs the people around the same group and puts them in a game. At peek population times it is better.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, RoughMonkey said:

This is BS, just because you dont know how is not a reason to say it can not be done. I teach clan mates all the time how to do it. (and yes they all own multiple 13K+ builds)

The market is a wonderful thing. I personally make enough coins to buy a relic every 3 - 4 weeks.

knowing what i know now about the game, I would say if I started a new account today, I could have a 13k+ build in 3 months without spending a dime.

Ummm, from your battle count I assume console? Anyways, players coming to play this game as advertised are probably looking for an action lasting game, not a crappy version of a market sim. Yes you can make a ton of cash on the market, but if I wanted that I would play with real life cash and just buy every single thing in the game from it. A lot more efficient than spending your life bidding, scrapping and reselling.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bkgmjo said:

A lot more efficient than spending your life bidding, scrapping and reselling.

Here is where you are wrong. I change my market between battles when playing at night, it takes a few seconds every 4-5 games. Most of the things I buy and sell are when Im at work or when I'm in bed.
I'm always buying and selling 20 items.

And yes, i play console, i have 2 or 3 times as many games as your profile says you have.

To me;

Low ; under 5000ps

Mid : under 10000ps

High : over 10000ps

Or i donno. It varies i guess. Overall the best games are where the builds are low ps, and the tankier and higher ps gets,it gets slow and variety in builds narrows more and more and fun disappears. 

I think how one sees whats low/mid/high, changes together with ones "progress" and the more you play and more used you get to play in higher and higher ps,you start to thing like "everything under 9000 is low and n00b". And as a beginner you might think 6000ps is huge,and so on, atleast thats how i see it here. The more experienced player,the more highher they set the limit on whats "low ps".

I dont care for ps as anything i aim to grow intentionally, as guns i can afford,seem way too weak (durability+damage) compared to builds durability and ps but i cant change it so i just roll along. Rather put durable / high ps weapons on low ps than drive around with car stripped off its weapons thinking why self destruct dont deal mushroom cloud sized damage.

I mean ,i guess, that ps itself is not worth growing, or something i worry about being too low,or even too high if the build deals damage,points,wins and scraps.

As for matchmaking, i'd really hope it to be far far more strict and have only like hard +200/-200 ps range so if i have build with 5000psi wont see other than builds exactly between 4800 to 5200ps as my team mates and enemies,instead of  how it now is. I ride 10500ps,and im matched with 9500 to 14000ps. Thats far more interesting than ones ps itself.

Edited by Siberian_Jay3x6

2 hours ago, RoughMonkey said:

10K is where builds go from being relatively small and tend towards being giant. That's a noticeable difference.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, h0zz said:

13k is 2 typhoons ontop of an echo + 4 icarus and almost no armor with a special generator to be able to use an engine

Not only would I call that borderline sealclubbing but that's also not going to be common. Even if your armor is mostly spaced armor, you're not going to see many builds consisting of two weapons, a cabin, and some movement parts.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, SIGMA920 said:

Not only would I call that borderline sealclubbing but that's also not going to be common. Even if your armor is mostly spaced armor, you're not going to see many builds consisting of two weapons, a cabin, and some movement parts.

You can’t seal club at 13k. You get pulled into the highest match making bracket at that level.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RoughMonkey said:

You can’t seal club at 13k. You get pulled into the highest match making bracket at that level.

I said borderline for a reason. 13Ks can be drawn into matches with 10Ks and rarely 9Ks if enough players aren't queuing and you're using relics.