Claysdad

Adjust Whirlwind to be 4 energy

The Joule and Whirl are 4 energy. The Punisher is 4 energy. The Toadfish is 4 energy. Many epic and above weapons are 4 energy. They have nerfed its damage, perk, and durabilty. Make it 4 energy and it would be a nice option. At 5, it is difficult to choose to use.

• Confused 10
  • Upvote 5

Then why don't you make Judges / prosecutors and Executionners 4 too ?

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Claysdad said:

The Toadfish is 4 energy.

Tbh, i think that a weapon as powerful and big as toadfish should be 5 energy, to balance its perk.

Edited by AGrievousGuy
  • Confused 6
  • Upvote 2

You greatly underestimate a triple whirwinds damage output. If it was 4 energy, it would most definitely be a clan war worthy machine. Could place kapcan and an engine,

Some people already use them in clan wars, i prefer them over cylcones in pvp. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

I also agree on buffing Whirlwind but there will be too many 4 energy weapons in this game if Whirlwind becomes 4 energy weapon.
Even there are already two 4 energy auto cannons. Whirl and Joule.

IMO, it is time for dev to make plan for balance overhaul. 

Edited by VisceraCleaner
  • Confused 1

One one hand, I would definitely play whirlwinds again if they were 4 energy. On the other, I think I would be very annoyed playing against a bunch of 4 energy whirlwind builds. 
So I’m not sure what I think, but I am intrigued.

• Confused 1

I'd rather they buff it to worth 4 Energy.  Right now, 4 Storms>3 Whirlwinds.  Even if they made them 4 Energy, they're not all that much better than Storms, for their size, and weight.  

• Confused 1

look at how underpowered they are in the video........

so whirlwinds are still strong

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

Semi-related, has anyone been mixing whirls and whirlwinds? 

The probably work together as well as Mandrake and Harvester. :DD

No but seriously Whirl is inaccurate heavy MG while Whirlwind is all about the long-range. Their perks are almost polar opposites. So I can't see why anyone would bother.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Spedemix said:

No but seriously Whirl is inaccurate heavy MG while Whirlwind is all about the long-range. Their perks are almost polar opposites. So I can't see why anyone would bother.

Maybe 2 whirlwinds with 1 whirl, so they can have that extra punch at close range 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Spedemix said:

Yeah, I was pretty sure no one was doing that, but I’m getting annoyed with not being able to support people long range with whirls, and it occurred to me that putting one whirlwind with 2 whirls would give me something to do until I get into whirl range. 

On that note, has anyone tried a 4 whirl build yet?

• Confused 1

Just now, afghanaryan said:

Maybe 2 whirlwinds with 1 whirl, so they can have that extra punch at close range 

That’s not the worst idea actually. Could make the whirlwinds less vulnerable.

• Confused 1

I've seen 2 Whirls with 1 Whirlwind once, but not how effective it was, because he was on my side, and we had our own fights.  It looked pretty good, with the 2 Whirls on either side, and the Whirlwind directly behind the (Torero) cabin.  

I guess the only thing for it is to try it.  Try anything that might work, just to see how well it works.  I've also seen a Whirl with 2 Storms a lot.  2 Joules a lot less often (They're expensive) and so forth.  

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, VisceraCleaner said:

Is this how Console players play? 

Pretty much, when on 3 different games you can't spot a decent build and you don't see a single scorp...R.I.P.

1 minute ago, h0zz said:

Pretty much, when on 3 different games you can't spot a decent build and you don't see a single scorp...R.I.P.

We are still eagerly awaiting video of your amazing 1337 skillz!

It sounds like you have a lot to teach us poor console players!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

I've seen 2 Whirls with 1 Whirlwind once, but not how effective it was, because he was on my side, and we had our own fights.  It looked pretty good, with the 2 Whirls on either side, and the Whirlwind directly behind the (Torero) cabin.  

I guess the only thing for it is to try it.  Try anything that might work, just to see how well it works.  I've also seen a Whirl with 2 Storms a lot.  2 Joules a lot less often (They're expensive) and so forth.  

Hmmm, a joule might make more sense.

all autocannons are bad. using them in pvp, is like using chords in all ps. because you like the sound it makes when it loses  ... :016:

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Mad_Lancer said:

all autocannons are bad. using them in pvp, is like using chords in all ps. because you like the sound it makes when it loses  ... :016:

That’s weird, because while I don’t find ACs very exciting to play, I usually do pretty well with them.

Maybe you’re doing it wrong?

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, poony4u2 said:

That’s weird, because while I don’t find ACs very exciting to play, I usually do pretty well with them.

Maybe you’re doing it wrong?

Yeah, ACs do fine for me pretty much anywhere below 10k.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jiffy_boi said:

Yeah, ACs do fine for me pretty much anywhere below 10k.

I’m doing fine with them above 10kPS, and I usually hate playing that high PS.

Just hang out near some cover, harass the snipers. Then cover the brawlers when they move in. Boring, but effective. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, zengerz66 said:

look at how underpowered they are in the video........

so whirlwinds are still strong

The idea of showing 1 highlight video and saying they are strong is kinda silly. You can make a highlight video for Corvos if you are persistent enough. Silly to use as "evidence" of a position either way.

• Upvote 3