Sign in to follow this  
RoughMonkey

Nova Hover Reaper

This is a fun PvP build I have been playing. With the combination of the Nova shield and the Barrier IX it is very hard to deal with.
Because of the reapers I can go from 0-75 backwards in a second flat to get away from ground builds.

Even took it for a spin in top ten clan wars early this week with good results. I will be playing it there again for sure.

100% of everything on this bad boy is fused. (like all my cars or i dont drive them)

Anyone else have any Nova Hovers to share?

IMG_3900.thumb.JPG.78609dbacbff85ffdd515

• Like 1

Why arent the guns undermounted? with top mounted guns your firing angles wont really let you shoot at melees point blank

12 hours ago, Bobbill12345 said:

Why arent the guns undermounted? with top mounted guns your firing angles wont really let you shoot at melees point blank

Never really had a problem with that. Because I can go backwards for 0-75 in nothing flat they just end up pulling away from me.

BUT with that said I think I will try to build on under mounted.

but please not that where I am playing this thing the majority of things I’m fighting are hovers.

oh, also the barrier IX can kind of be used like a Kapcan for people chasing you. I let them chase while I speed away backwards then drop the shield. When they run into it they stop dead in their tracks. If that happens I have shredded most ground builds before they can recover their momentum.

This is still currently my favorite build to play in PvP. But early week I will also play this in clan wars now.

Edited by RoughMonkey

41 minutes ago, RoughMonkey said:

This is still currently my favorite build to play in PvP. But early week I will also play this in clan wars now.

They're really hard to catch, because they can kite backwards faster than you can drive forwards.  However, keep an eye out for corners, and cliffs on your radar.  My favorite way to beat them is to circle around, so they keep flying backwards (Shooting at me) and run them into corners they can't see behind them, but I can.

I can't be the only one that knows that tactic.  As long as they're firing, they're flying back.  So, if they keep the aim-point on you, and you know how to drive, you can aim their Reapers, and force them where you want them to go.  You have to be pretty tanky yourself, because you'll be taking damage the whole time, And you have to be able to maintain at least 90Km/H to keep up with them.  Howl, and Terero are probably the best cabins for this, because they're Light, with Medium Mass Limit for Armor, or medium, with Light speed.

I have been playing this thing so much that I can effectively use my Barrier module as a kappcan in a way. I will drop it in front of dogs as they chase and they stop dead when they run into it. Before they can get up speed again I have taken there weapons or enough movement parts that they are useless.

also if they don’t hit the module I have had the barrier between me and them as I am going backwards, when they come out the other side they are pretty hurt in most cases.

Edited by RoughMonkey

Sign in to follow this