[Developer Blog] What awaits survivors in the foreseeable future?

Woodyrojo

6 minutes ago, OO1O11 said:

Are there any plans to add crossout to the xcloud streaming service for people that play on xbox? 

Twitch let’s you stream from Xbox, I do it all the time 

From my observations everyone crying on these forums about something, are either a) Cannon campers or b) Auto Cannon campers.

If wedge builds get nerfed what are you going to cry about next to give you an advantage?

Be careful what you wish for, because when your build archetype is the only viable meta you will only get owned by more skillfull players, then what will your excuse be?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Upvote 3

Ok. 

I understand you guys are not a charity and exist to make money. That deosnt make you greed as everyone reading this probably does the same. 

What I don’t understand is why you guys spend time on adding more stuff to the game rather than fixing the stuff we already have. I’m all for a relic mammoth that I will probably never have, but the spark relic was a cheap strategy to get dog players to upgrade. 

I guarantee players would stay longer or come in larger numbers had the game been balanced regularly like before 2019. Every time you add something new, it just makes people say it’s pay 2 win. And  yes I even agree to that on some level. Scorpions and porcupines are pay to win. I know Becuase I’ve met people who’ve bought them and guess what......you still reading?..... oh yeah, no big surprise but they win the majority of the time

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

This all reads interesting at first, but what about the completion of the cabin update. Was that cancelled?

Before I would introduce new relic weapons, which most of the community can't afford anyway, I would first solve the problem with the current weapons like Porcopines. 3 Energy, explosion damage, fire damage, heating, AOE, DOT and a reload speed that is just ridiculous.

MGs could still need reworking...

Ka1deron (Posted )

Hello! Could you please specify which planned update are you referring to? In case it is the changes for the cabins that have been included in one of the open testings - there are no plans to implement them in the nearest future.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, Spedemix said:

You know...

It'd be really nice if Targem could fix some of the bugs surrounding the Spark and Flash -type of weapon like how reducing the cabin power might prevent certain crafts from turning:

+1 

if I’m not also mistaken the spark used to take some time to detonate porc barrels in a few nerfs before. Then it got tweaked to where it takes some time to detonate and now it’s just instand. 

same with the leg issue where you can’t turn. Wasn’t fixed then it was and not it isn’t. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Can you add some graphical features and options? 

I'd love to be able to change saturation and contrast from the game level. A lot of players can't do that, especially on consoles. 

And... 

PHOTO MODE. Can we please get it? It would be very good for a new contest type of clash of photographers. :D

Ka1deron (Posted )

Sirocc1, hello! Additional settings for the graphics are indeed possible in the future! As for the photomod - it is not planned at the moment, but we have been receiving suggestions about such feature for a while, so it is possible that we will return to this matter later

Damn after being away from this game for a while while playing other stuff made by small dev teams I just can't look away at how insignificant "major updates" are here in comparison, a couple new items (one of them totally recycled) the yearly copy pasted event with more decorations than useful items and some extra nice feature that doesn't pay for the wait... :/ 

That "build your test area" thing sounds interesting, if it evovles to a full map creator it could be a good feature assuming you don't abandon it later like many others (ahemadventureahem)

New features and items are fine, sure, but the game needs to go a couple steps up in basically everything (specially maps and modes) to remain a bit interesting

Edited by xCrossFaith
  • Upvote 6

You guys already ruined race mode and made it so any potatoe could compete. You're catering to the less skillful players as per usual. You also nerfed scrap rewards for race without saying anything from 37 to 22 per win which is quite significant. I know you plan on adding more maps and doing changes to it but you are ruining it more than anything. We used to have 8 maps which was way more fun, and you couldn't boost into every wall going 400 without worrying about blowing up and losing your fuel. Quit taking any skill involved out of the game. 

The game has finally felt a bit more balanced and now you're planning on adding a relic spark, what a trash idea. The relic spark is going to make the game nothing but dogs. Got to cater to ther players that only know how to drive into your side. 

Also please get rid of aim assist on consoles. You made it so over powered that it's ridiculous, and it ruins competitive game play. The game practically aims for you, at least make it unavailable in competitive modes like clan wars. It's so overpowered that everyone on console refers to it as aim bot. I know it probably won't get any attention because you don't care about us console players. 

Great another cash grab repetitive season with the same challenges over and over every day. No wonder you took away the 8 race maps we had and replaced with one. You think people like doing the same boring thing over and over just like the seasons. What a cash grab boring game style. 

The relic canon is a bit exciting but may be hard to armor a vehicle because of its high weight. 

Garage decorations... meh.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 5

@ all the Spark haters

Relic Flash was introduced based on stats, prices and overall relic weapons performance. Firebug has been losing a lot of value and has had a hard time proving it's worth in both clan wars and pvp.
Mini Tracks Breakers, Nova Hover Punishers and Griffon Hover Scorpions dominate both PvP and Clan Wars.
Assign a Porcupine Hover to that, and you have the META.
Assign a Horizontal Mandrake to that, and you have the ANTI-META. 
Vertical Mandrake is an archetype specifically made to counter Hovers, and that "skilled playstyle" of trading shots, as some of you snobs like to call it. 
The problem is, Horizontal Mandrake counters Spiders, Hovers, other Horizontal Mandrakes and even Melee Builds to some extent.

When you will realise all of this and start seeing the game from a general perspective, and not from your own beneficial point of view, you will understand that the relic spark comes to reinforce the natural enemy of these presented archetypes.
It will not be meta breaking, but it will try to balance the playing field.

@ Relic Mastodon

Looking at it's size and weight, this will mostly be used on spider builds, and was introduced to try and bring more viability to the spider archetype, that strugles to aim properly with Typhoon Cannons.
It's damage and durability look formidable at first glance, and may bring spiders back into the META spot, should the Mastodon have enough accuracy for long range trading.

Typhoon Relic finds itself in a really awkward spot looking forward to this new patch. It may be relegated to hover builds only.
As of this moment, the presence of the Horizontal Mandrake in Clan Wars makes all spider builds non-viable.
If this trend continues, the Mastodon may be relegated to PvP Battles only.

@ Update

Garage upgrades are a REALLY NICE adition.
The new relics bring something new and something old back to the game. They will make the game a bit more diverse, and only time will tell if this will change the PvP and Clan Wars meta.

The Relic Flash, will make it easier for melee players to kill their target.
Firebug + Flash and Lances + Harvester + Flash are bound to have an increase in popularity.
Melee players will probably have an easier time in clan wars, but seeing as the current Clan Wars Diamond League consists of ranged teams only, this change was necessary..

The Relic Mastodon, will bring a very durable weapon to a very durable archetype.
It may prove incredible if able to be fit onto heavy Hover builds, but may be underwhelming paired with Spider builds if the current Horizontal Mandrake trend continues.

Edited by eeN__Juu__RaaKss
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6
  • Upvote 1

I'm not saying anything about relic weps because I can't afford them.

Garage customization is nice, but I would highly suggest you improve the battle bots to something you would face on Raids or PvP, to test builds better before sending them into battle.

Also, two extra suggestions:

1. Give Adventure mode some love. I got early access to it two years ago and very little has changed since. A 30% chance to get 5 scrap or copper every time you kill a raider would make patrols there much more worthwhile, because trash heaps are not easy to come by, and new missions or objectives would be great too, because just finding cans and delivering crates gets boring fast.

2. Please give the matchmaker a better algorithm. Facing 14k builds with a 9.5k build is rather impossible. I get its meant to be challenging, but sometimes its just impossible.

I know you can do better, you're just focusing on the wrong stuff with these kind of updates. This is the only game I play every day, and I don't want to see it die.

• Upvote 5

I just have a BIG problem with the seasons pass's... NONE BRINGS STORAGE EXPANSION.

I get it we receive enough coins to buy storage spaces, but again its ridiculous the amount of space one single expansion gives... only 25 spaces.
If you're gonna introduce new weapons, hardware, wheels, cabins, etc... we also need an upgrade on the storage... at least make one expansion give 50 spaces or increase the default space.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 9

@Woodyrojo

If you limit the spam capabilities of the Porc, will you please turn up the graphical settings on console? You used to be able to see muzzle flashes. Now I only know when there is someone shooting towards me with a Reaper when they start knocking pieces off. It's really been a big step backwards in terms of quality and the Porc, not low end PCs, are responsible. 

#NerfPorcSpamReturnMuzzleFlash

• Confused 1

How about this instead of new relics or useless **** around:

Nerf melees in general

Change Breaker perk so Breaker is easier to degun than destroying whole build

Rework Flute's aiming and turning speed

Nerf Griffon's cooldown or perk

Nerf Blight's damage boost

Nerf Scorp accuracy or buff accuracy of Assembler

Give Typhoon normal perk

Fix wedging

Highest winrate in CW according to 10k players who posted logs on Crossoutstats.info...there is no team without melee/breaker/porc build...all close range...why? Because you made it broken... 

image.thumb.png.32f9a09dee9ba0b16d79a017

Also, Spark is the most used weapon in CW and this table is also full of melee/close range...and guess which builds use it...all melee, very little porc hovers...guess why? Because you made it insanly op... 

image.thumb.png.707e16a1069df4c5081b8ea6

25 % of players using melees and breaker builds usually don't use that... Looks like almost 45 % of CWs are melees/breaker/porcs...

I don't want to guess how often Griffon is used, I've seen even Typhoon Griffon hovers...

You are incompetent developers who don't know what to do

Edited by Waughan27131
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 8

Regarding the module, if it is the smoke grenade and its function is to block/distract the action of AI weapons such as drones, turret drones and wheel drones these types of weapons will need some kind of buff, because you can no longer do a good battle with these types of weapons, coming a module with this function there will be another nerf for AI weapons...

• Confused 2

i only have 3(4-ish) questions/suggestions. i'm not gonna bother on anything else since i'm either okay with it or know i'll get ignored/ get the same answer as everyone else.

when is the next news about balancing/ fixing the wedge problem happening ?

why in hell every small turreted shotgun (lupara family up to breaker ) can shoot up to 100/110 meter (even if the damage is small it's getting awfully close to some midrange weapons) when the trigger can only shoot 80 meter or smth like that.and why in hell does the perk of the breaker make it harder to break than a mammoth for reapers....(pls just change it to something more accurate for it.)

and pls make it so that "flash I" doesn't make competitive play even worse for spiders and other movement type that are let down compared to wheels(+small tracks) and hovers?

happy about the custom garage thing and the next season being about ravager though, i hope those kind of things don't take to much time on the "fixing/balancing part of the game" that is greatly needed.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Waughan27131 said:

image.thumb.png.707e16a1069df4c5081b8ea6

You forgot this

EmKOeW6.png

Nothing related to melee, everything has much more avr dmg, buff melee, melee is weak.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

5 hours ago, AtrainSS1 said:

A relic spark after nerfing the spark. That means the only reason it got nerfed is so people spend more money. CW will be nothing but dogs mandrake and breakers. This game hasnt been competitive for a while now and it will only get worse it seems!

Yeah yeah, sure, those little dogs left have hover help, mandrake and breakers teams are always with hover bodyguards, by statistics, hovers are the most used movement part, period.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 4
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Cherusker59887 said:

This all reads interesting at first, but what about the completion of the cabin update. Was that cancelled?

Before I would introduce new relic weapons, which most of the community can't afford anyway, I would first solve the problem with the current weapons like Porcopines. 3 Energy, explosion damage, fire damage, heating, AOE, DOT and a reload speed that is just ridiculous.

MGs could still need reworking...

Ka1deron (Posted 4 hours ago)

Hello! Could you please specify which planned update are you referring to? In case it is the changes for the cabins that have been included in one of the open testings - there are no plans to implement them in the nearest future.

Hi Ka1deron,

I meant the update 0.11.0. Return of the Founders from February 6. You had started to rework the cabins, but then you stopped to my knowledge.

For example, all cabs of a rarity should get the same energy, because the distinction between light, medium and heavy cabs should be partially abolished.  Currently the Bat and Pilgrim have 11 points, but Jawbreaker has 10 points. The same applies to cabins of other rarities as well. If I still remember correctly, some should be buffed in speed, load capacity and maximum weight, but this was only partially done and should be done later.

Correct me if I am wrong, but that is how I remember it.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for sharing the news!
Absolutely love the test drive area changes and new items are always welcome, cant wait to get my hands on the Mastodon, been waiting it for so long :014: 
But.. I have to agree with so many here, the relic spark is just.. pre-nerfed legendary spark..
We're used to that relics are something unique, which Flash totally is not. I hope you atleast consider changing some way it works, like make it do a small ram damage equivalent front shooting short range pulse that would maybe make enemies movement items start to turn in random directions for a short duration of time possibly causing collisions or disabling controls for a while so enemies would just slide/float forward or something.. Just.. something different than just old spark. Something unique that a relic status weapon deserves!
Other than that, looking great, the recent racing update and upcoming test drive area changes are on a good path to pleasing many of us I bet.
Im not envious about the balancing job of yours though, it's difficult and there are some issues like frontal mandrake. But I wont even touch the subject more, it's mostly just folks shouting nerfs to their counters anyway :lol:

Edited by lsabeIla
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 4

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.