[Developer Blog] What awaits survivors in the foreseeable future?

Woodyrojo

The real problem of ALL of this is that meeles are just too easy to play. This is also the reason why there's so many clans playing them especially in low tiers, because the skill/reward ratio is too high. You don't need to aim you don't need to have insane driving skills, all you need is to engage at the right time and that's it. Make melees a little bit more skill-based and everything is gonna be much more balanced - (Just to inform you; I'm NOT ONLY a hover player, I play everything, including a Breaker melee, Spiders and also Typhoon Hover)

Also all the nerf/buff should be done according to CLAN WARS - STOP listening to those kids complaining about hovers at 5k PS! These people have NO IDEA how to play the game, they just play for the fun of it, which is a good thing I have nothing against them, but they can't come here and start complaining about stuff that they don't even know! As a "flex" player I know that as a melee is actually really easy to counter hovers, if you ACTUALLY KNOW HOW TO PLAY THE GAME!

I already know that they will never do the things that I suggested above, but I just wanted to share my opinion with everyone. Maybe its just a waste of time, but at least I tried... (Sorry for my English)

Edited by NickZeta
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 5

8 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

Tesla emitter “Flash I”

tesla3.jpg

Support weapon. Deals equal damage to all targets in the aiming cone. Effective for fighting multiple opponents at once.

Planned perk: When dealing damage, slows down weapon reloading and reduces cabin power, which reduces speed and acceleration (excluding maximum chassis speed). The effects stack.

Pretty please, not another stupid crutch to the already overperforming melees!

I've had a suggestion about a rework for the Spark a while ago and one of the moderators said it could be a new weapon instead. I think it might work even as a Relic:

Don't care if you look at it, but please, not a relic Spark!

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 8

8 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

Update 0.11.70

And now the main course! It's been a while for the Wasteland in the OBT stage, we've heard so many different suggestions about “decorating the test drive zone”. As time went by, the idea of ordinary decorations exploded with more and more wishes. And here, we are almost ready to present the result!

We agree with the opinion of a number of players that everything should not be limited to a simple “decoration”. Such a feature should also carry some practical application, be useful for the player.

With the release of the update, each player will have a special area in the test drive zone that can be decorated at his own discretion using a variety of different objects. These can include both standard objects in the form of blocks and destroyed items (fences, road signs, etc.). Special attention should be paid to “rides”, which will help you test the efficiency of your car. Would you like to measure the impact force in a collision? Please! Do you want to measure the damage of your guns? No problem!

As a result, almost everything will be limited by your imagination, needs and development area :) You can stop at a decorative installation or performance measuring devices, or you can build a real obstacle course! We also plan to add the option of visiting your friends' garages.

How will it be possible to get objects for the decoration of the test drive zone?

Several methods are planned. Some of the parts will be available for reputation levels with the Engineers faction. Other parts will be available by increasing levels in the new season, which will start with the update. It is possible that in the future the roster of items will be supplemented with new thematic objects, which can be obtained only during special events in the game.

This sounds wonderful! I hope after trying all of that, we will one day have a chance to make our own maps that could be eventually added into the game!

• Upvote 1

These new updates are really fun, but why don't I see you talking about the servers in your update notes? We are suffering from loss in clan battles, in pvp and raids, does that need any more attention.

Me and my friends are still in the game just for the battle of clans, but how to earn points with several disconnect in the middle of the battles? it’s hard, don’t you think?

• Upvote 2

image.png.36936b41395a4b36a2616bfc1d382e

Nice job just using a generic copypasted reply every time people call you out for the relic spark "oh were going to balance it". Id love to see the devs actually explain why they nerfed spark just to slap those stats on a relic instead of just saying oh were going to balance it

Obvious cashgrab much

As players have said, every update contains some small likable features no one really asked for like customizable garages, and then piles of cashgrabs disguised as balance changes, as well as "balance changes" that are completely disconnected from the game and just worsen the balance. Lets not forget that each update ignores several 6 month old gamebreaking issues

You just lost a TON of long term players with the relic spark. Players told you NO, WE DONT NEED BUFFS TO MELEE, IT IS ALREADY SUPER OVERPOWERED AS IT IS, but no you cant listen, you have to ignore it and do your own thing. Then you wonder why none of your players have any faith in you....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 7

4 hours ago, _TheShadowShjit_ said:

so basiclly, after months of hoping melee will change, after countless hover nerf's, after so many mapchanges to remove placements for hovers to counter melee, finally a spark nerf appears, it wasnt enough, still getting deframed instantly, by 3 lances, melee is still the easyest thing to play as of today. after typhoon perk and damage took gunshot for a nerf, we basically go back to square one, what was originally supposed to be a "Glass Cannon". whit a RELIC SPARK in sight the end is near. not to mention over the years its clearly visable whit all the patches and nerfs/buffs that this game prefers melee players. and almost forgot, mandrakes used as shotguns... plz fix already, but the relic mammoth looks nice, but doubt it will make a diffrence against the melle + relic spark. future of this game looks dark

This

2 hours ago, Waughan27131 said:

Highest winrate in CW according to 10k players who posted logs on Crossoutstats.info...there is no team without melee/breaker/porc build...all close range...why? Because you made it broken... 

image.thumb.png.32f9a09dee9ba0b16d79a017

Also, Spark is the most used weapon in CW and this table is also full of melee/close range...and guess which builds use it...all melee, very little porc hovers...guess why? Because you made it insanly op... 

image.thumb.png.707e16a1069df4c5081b8ea6

25 % of players using melees and breaker builds usually don't use that... Looks like almost 45 % of CWs are melees/breaker/porcs...

I don't want to guess how often Griffon is used, I've seen even Typhoon Griffon hovers...

You are incompetent developers who don't know what to do

Whats so sad is that devs are constantly buried in their statistics.... yet here melee is clearly underused and underpowered xD

1 hour ago, szefopl said:

EmKOeW6.png

Nothing related to melee, everything has much more avr dmg, buff melee, melee is weak.

Thats random 6k ps PvP stats and not clanwars stats..... nice try though

• Upvote 6

20 minutes ago, NickZeta said:

Its actually sad that a unique game like Crossout have to be ruined by incompetent devs

This

• Upvote 7

I'm played this game for a while but I don't own relics and I'm not very interessted in it. Nevertheless the Mastodon looks really cool and the perk sound interessting.

The new Tesla emitter on the other hand doesn't sound good. I can just agree with all the other players who see this as a huge buff for all melee builds. They already don't need lots of skill and with this thing it becomes even easier to catch enemies and and on top of that reduce their dps.

And last but not least, the base building. I don't get it. I can build something in the free space in front of the garage? But for what purpose? What does this space do right now? It's only to test your build and impove it. Well you can build a nice screenshot platoo but thats pretty much it. In my eyes it is a waste of time to build something there and even worst it is wasted development time. In the hunderts of hours somebody programmed this the guys could have worked on much more important stuff. The only use I see is if this leads to an Map creator with what we can create maps for you and you implement them after approvel into the map rotation. This way we would get maps more frequently and you wouldn't have much work with it.

Hello, i dont know what all the fuss is about with "dogs" being too op, they are defenseless from long range and without a spark they cant keep up with hovers. The legendary spark should have never been nerfed, especially since it can be 1 shotted by some weapons making dogs essentially almost useless agianst certain hovers. at this point, the annihilator drone is better than the spark simply because it is constantly zapping the running hover, has more range, can literally fly in the sky, is tiny, can continuously zap enemies through walls and essentially has 8 lives. Now, putting a spark on a dog has little to no advantage over a drone. I feel the spark should have never had its reload debuff removed, because now it is not that useful as it once was. Hovers need a nerf though. Also, nice work on the relic mammoth, but the relic spark is just the normal spark before nerf, and its probably gonna cost a lot more coins since its relic rarity. pls give the relic spark more buffs or it wont be a relic worth buying.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bobbill12345 said:

Melee and spark: Is broken overpowered for 3 years now

Devs: Finally nerf melee by releasing verifier and nerfing spark

Players: its not enough

Devs: ok take griffon and relic spark

:facepalm: Ive never seen a dev team so disconnected from their game
whats next, relic harvester, as well as legendary and relic lances? also legendary cloak??

You literally main drones and cry about melee

• Haha 5

PLZ NO RELIC-SPARK!

Even after the spark-nerfs this weapon is still annoying af ... I don´t call it OP, because without something which slows enemies down, harvesters would have no chance to kill hovers.  

BUT if you create an improved version of the spark, which leads to more HP and a better perk (especially the reloading-debuff) IT WILL BE OP AGAIN. Also,  the reloading-debuff is kinda mad imo, because it doesn´t have any effect to weapons like MGs. So, it will even more destroy cannons and scorps.

To be really honest, CW is becoming boring, because it´s ALWAYS the same. melees (hybrid, fire or breaker), porcs (to counter melees) and mandrake-abusers, who 1-shot whole builds. Moreover, there are the same maps for soooo long. Some other maps would be really cool for Clanwars imo. For example "Factory", "Naukograd", "Nameless Tower" or even "Fortress".

BTW: Imagine, people would combine spark, relic-spark and annihilator. what would be the max. speed of hovers? 10 km/h

PLZ NO RELIC SPARK!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, Doppelklinge_X said:

PLZ NO RELIC-SPARK!

Even after the spark-nerfs this weapon is still annoying af ... I don´t call it OP, because without something which slows enemies down, harvesters would have no chance to kill hovers.  

BUT if you create an improved version of the spark, which leads to more HP and a better perk (especially the reloading-debuff) IT WILL BE OP AGAIN. Also,  the reloading-debuff is kinda mad imo, because it doesn´t have any effect to weapons like MGs. So, it will even more destroy cannons and scorps.

To be really honest, CW is becoming boring, because it´s ALWAYS the same. melees (hybrid, fire or breaker), porcs (to counter melees) and mandrake-abusers, who 1-shot whole builds. Moreover, there are the same maps for soooo long. Some other maps would be really cool for Clanwars imo. For example "Factory", "Naukograd", "Nameless Tower" or even "Fortress".

BTW: Imagine, people would combine spark, relic-spark and annihilator. what would be the max. speed of hovers? 10 km/h

PLZ NO RELIC SPARK!

just to remind you, melee can only do damage in close range. it is completely useless from far. you can literally run from it. or simply use something that counters it like drones or porcupines frontal mandrake  spiders or kapkan. Or simply just go on a antidog spot on almost every cw map theres some.  just because you dont want to run something that counters dogs its your problem. you run a hover, and just because something counters you its "op" 
 but lances horidrake and drones should be removed

screw them

Edited by Nannookkslav
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

Developers.  Can you check console drone stats.   

That weapon group is dead. I recommending to doing test all drone efficiences both side. PVP and PVE side. 

:im_down: 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

21 minutes ago, Nannookkslav said:

You literally main drones and cry about melee

Nah man, just a meme

Never owned annihilator in my life, check my guide if you dont believe me

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Nannookkslav said:

just to remind you, melee can only do damage in close range. it is completely useless from far

Its not like any brainlet can close distance with melee....

18 minutes ago, Nannookkslav said:

Or simply just go on a antidog spot on almost every cw map theres some

Its not like devs put walls around all of them.....

18 minutes ago, Nannookkslav said:

just because you dont want to run something that counters dogs its your proble

Its not like firedogs chew through spiders before they can get a second shot off....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Nannookkslav said:

just to remind you, melee can only do damage in close range. it is completely useless from far.

Of course! It´s melee! lol

4 minutes ago, Nannookkslav said:

you can literally run from it.

Not if you get sparked ... If a melee reaches a hover with full HP, the hover will mostly defeat. But that´s not the issue, because melees´ DPS on close range is much higher than the DPS of long range-weapons. BUT with the reloading-debuff, the hover´s DPS will be even lower. This means, that hovers will have no chance on close-range maps with an OP-Spark in the game. If you have no chance against 50% of all CW-enemies, you wouln´t play cannons. So, 3 of 8 relics (phoons, megalodons and scorps) will be absolutely useless. Cool!

15 minutes ago, Nannookkslav said:

or simply use something that counters it like drones or porcupines frontal mandrake  spiders or kapkan. Or simply just go on a antidog spot on almost every cw map theres some.  just because you dont want to run something that counters dogs its your problem. you run a hover, and just because something counters you its "op" 

the point is that i don´t want CW only with "melees" and "anti-melees". There are so many weapons in the game, but 50% of all enemies are melees. Do you think there will be less people playing melee when they release a super-spark? If they do so, there will be what I just mentioned. ONLY melee and "anti-melee". 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:

Update 0.11.70

The customizable building block garage with collectable parts from events is a winner with me. I was a Car Town addict back in the day, and I really missed that game when it went away. This new feature will keep me entertained for hours, I'm sure. I can also see me dumping a little coin into some friendly Russian pockets for extra goodies to flesh this custom farm thing out, as long as it's reasonable. I like this idea, but I would like you (developers) to consider these two things in regards to the objects/decor  that we will acquire to build this "testing area:"

•  I want alien space craft wreckage. It's a farm. We all know aliens visit farms. It's probably who runs Monsanto, and where mutant genetically modified corn comes from, so let's have it; alien wreckage, a crashed flying saucer, or something.
  • Crop circles. Because aliens.

Jack1.gif

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Oh look ! Bunch of new cabs and weapons that i can never have because they are fking relic again! ... Devs you are forgetting the casuals , at least put some items 500-1k range so we can farm for them with our weekly missions ... Where is the co-driver rework ? Where is the wench nerf? Where is the shotgun nerf!  Where is the small 1-1 /3-2 type shapes? Cannons-machine guns almost vanished from 9k+ games , reaper still sucks balls , grenade launchers used as short range shotgun , every damm match half of the team is shotgun wedge , i wanna take cover , i wanna do some long range fights ,or support my team via modules , nope!!! , increase the range of weapons there is no point of using mg's or cannons when a shotgun wedge sticks up your **** in 3 sec from 400 meters! Almost no one farms oil or carries ammo boxes because they are punishing ! WAKE UP!!! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Thank you Devs for the new Relics. Please release them as fast as you can, players need new toys. Extremely happy to see a relic Spark, i will surely craft it day one.

It will be a good help against the sea of shotguns rolling around, the legendary spark is currently underpowered but still used because of its utility the damage is probably worse than 1 hornet MG. The game is probably as balanced as it ever was right now. The amount of viable weapons is great and even Spider builds are popular. Hovers are still the most used movement part but in terms of balance its perfect.

Keep up the good work.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

Ravens, ravens are always good, I like the ravens and their items a lot, decorating the test drive area, eh cool idea I guess, new relics, pretty neat weapons by the sound of it, can't see myself ever affording them or any relic though, or even wanting to afford them these days, or doing all the grinding it would take to get to them while getting backside bamboozled prison shower style up the bum by the un-fixable wedges, sideways hovers (though it feels like wedges are the bigger form of cancer these days, at least if you're getting circled by a hover peeking after everything and being speedier than thou you still can do something, but when a wedge picks you up you're done) and what else were there, these stale meta builds that won't get a nerf because everyone using them throws a temper tantrum anytime it is implied and threatens to take away their sweet moneys from the game. New cabin looks sweet though.

Looking forward to those new items, it's always fun to see what pops up

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Woodyrojo said:
  • New “legendary” cabin
  • New “epic” wheel
  • New weapon

9 hours ago, berkayxj8 said:

Oh look ! Bunch of new cabs and weapons that i can never have because they are fking relic again!

There are only two new reic weapons. The new cabin will be legendary and the when epic.

• Upvote 1

Please add "farmland" or "crops" decoration!

You have no idea how willing some of us are to grow our own food in our garage! XD

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.