SkyeShadow

[Update] [PC] Crossout 0.11.65 Black Wings

rework mechanic shot of mastodon is trash weapon to be relic let us keep the charged shot and shot when u stop presing the buton or let shot 2 times by clicking (2normal shots) 
a lot of shot get dead angle while charge and reload without shot or the recoil of first shot make u get dead angle and cant make the entire burst
nice damage if u shot the 2 consecutive shots but takes excesive time reload plus charge the shot , in movement u miss a lot and enemy in movement u miss more
P.d fix wedges hurry up

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Steel_Artist said:

This is the smallest crafting event ever....2 new items? I really hope you guys are not trying to phase them out as they've been gradually getting smaller and smaller. Many of us looks forward to these and would lose some interest in the game if they was to go away.

With that said:
• Median seems to be a interesting weapon and I hope it gets higher rarities later.
• A defensive module has long been requested so that's nice as well.  

But there is now nothing to hold back the waves of the melee hoards. They now have a relic spark AND a defensive anti mine module.

EDIT: Why does Median and Argus require 2 step? It makes sense for relics to require it, but it being neccesary to trade something like Median is just silly 

I've been waiting for the Ravens event myself. and I have little to say that you didn't. I think it was a little disappointing too, but they have another right around the corner. Maybe it will be more involved.

I agree, the median looks interesting, but not much else there catches my eye. They didn't even give me another shot at the Ravens logo/sticker. I've got one, but I would like two. I was bummed.

As far as the balance update goes, IDK. It doesn't sound popular. I like melee, so I guess I should be excited. I'm not. I'm tired of chasing the nerf dragon. I'll probably just stick with drones (turrets, actually) and drive around and honk menacingly until I explode, like I have been.

I do have hope for the median, however, it's not a particularly good looking piece. Maybe a little death mask will help. I heard rumors that is sounds silly too.

Whatever, Gaijin. Thanks for the update. I realize the world is upside down, so I can cut you guys some slack. I'll just continue to look forward to the next whatever.

Edited by DocSavage
  • Upvote 2

Another nerf to Crickets punishing skill while keeping dogs untouched. At least they buffed my 88' ... but if you are trying to kill every budget build that can fight relic builds you're doing a good job. Soon this game will become 100% pw2 without redeeming qualities in that regard.

Edited by PobesneliMaks
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 2

so porcs remain just as powerful as before and the hp to lances is total joke, nerf them into the ground already

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 4

Mastodon is a macro - mammoth: If you hold in the button it'll keep firing :016:

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Mad_Lancer said:

Mastodon is a macro - mammoth: If you hold in the button it'll keep firing :016:

Also, if you half-stack them, they will keep firing, and heating rather quickly.  (For Ultra heavy cannons.  Not like Joule quickly, but pretty quick for what they are,)

8 energy would have made more sense, or at least 7.  

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Upvote 1

Buff wedges!!1

:popcorn:

Edited by Mad_Lancer
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

First impressions of Medians:

They are..decent. Not really good, but not  bad either. One of the problems   is their 5 energy cost  making it to where one is limited to either:

• Suicidal gas gen ( unless mounted in specific ways using Rift or low HP parts)
• Low power score dual Median setups
• Or the PS bloating Apollo

Low rarity 5 energy weapons like this really shows that we need a heavy 3 energy epic generator

They do have reasonable bullet damage, doesn't require ammo, have good velocity and projectile drop  and have a reasonable reload speed...but they have low durability and are difficult  impossible to armor. About the only way to armor them is placing a roof over them, which leads to more PS issues when using 3. 

The inability to armor them is the largest problem.

I'd suggest two changes to them:

Improve their barrel hitbox.. This is the largest issue and is  why they are not able to be armored. Notice how the center cannon's  barrel visually has clearance, yet it is not able to lower as the barrel's hitbox is larger than the model.  This is a major issue. After further testing with them, I realized that not even roof armor works as the weapons simply need too much clearance in order to be able to aim properly, making it to where the gap would be too large, allowing projectiles to just ignore any armor around them and hit them directly.

1920612153_screenshot-200904-124721(2554

• Increase HP to compensate for their size and inability to be armored, although this would not be as important if the barrel hitbox issue is fixed.

Their energy cost, despite being a issue, should stay as 5 as 4  could be   too low. 4.5 though, would be perfect, but this would require changing the game's energy model. 

Edited by Steel_Artist

SkyeShadow (Posted )

Thank you for the thorough feedback, Steel_Artist!
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 5

17 hours ago, TheValak said:

you kill porcupine......:tankosmile3:

yeah, they did it definately... I´m not a cw player, I lost my interest in this game many many updates ago but last year I was having fun with land build porcs and game is telling me now that I have to get the f...k out of here ! +50% reload... this kind of nonsense may be happen only with R...ians. oh by the way, you are trying to balance post apocalyptic world(good luck) and u forgot about tiny shotguns vs massive 2-3 ton  steel cannons... ))) but u nerfed quasars :D only 1 epic gun without bonus... )) u guys...

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 2

Good things about this update: My Dream weapon (the mastadon) is here. 

bad things about it:  Literally everything else along with the fact I can’t have the weapon I’ve been hoping for for 3 years

51 minutes ago, nunezdjr said:

Good things about this update: My Dream weapon (the mastadon) is here. 

bad things about it:  Literally everything else along with the fact I can’t have the weapon I’ve been hoping for for 3 years

no worry with the time players see is a trash weapon and mayb u can buy on market for 12k if no buy a mamoth is better
after a day playing mastodon i think on sell it

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Greetings,

After testing the mastodon in varous aspects and comparisons to mammoths i have comw to the conclusion that in their current form they are simply a worse alternative to the mammoth,

It has a model, that does not allow it to be protected or hidden in any way, thus it is just a MASSIVE block of steel that has to be open atop the build, in that configuration it is way too easy to disarm.

In addition to the hard to work with model its gameplay is heavily restrictive. The charging mechanic, which is necessary to keep up with a non buffed mammoth leaves the player with no way to fire in a reactionary manner, thid makes shooting any poke and dodge build impossible, in addition to that its firerate charged is so slow that a mammoth can fire the same amount of shots in the same timeframe, this + the mammoths perk make its brawling capabilities inferior.

Tldr from a mammoth tank main for 3years

Hard to work with model, too slow reload/not enough dmg , and the charging mechanic needs to be replaced with a charge over time similar to tsunami, the charging breaks this weapon

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

after yesterday’s clan war, i suggest these modifications:

Flash I is too strong :

- the reload penalty is too high
reload perk seems much less violent on paper than in reality

I think 6% for the cabin and only 3% for reloading weapons is enough

ZS-52 : Single shot sucks, full charged shot are not reactive enough

=> Disable single shot, and remove time before the first shot 

currently we have:

cliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiic
...........BRAOUUUM.................................................................BRAOUUUM

we need:

clic
BRAOUUUM .... BRAOUUUM

you see?

Edited by FLMNAG
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

Thank you for the relic spark, finally something useful for chasing down back peddling hovers.  

The anti kapkan module is also very sweet. Something that finally can deal with the kapkan crutch other then spark.

Its about time dogs got a meaningful buff. Thank you. I can already taste hover bois tears of unfathomable sadness,  so yummy

• Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

Sooo yeah this discussion shows how much yall focus on endgame stuff. Honestly, drop relics for a while and how about buffing Median already? Concept is nice, its basically poor man's scorpion, but the implementation is bad...

The damage output is alright, fine poking weapon, requires skill, good at picking off parts. Dont touch that, its fine to have something thats not broken when it comes to dpm. On the other hand, 5 energy? Really? If that so, buff durability...maybe reduce mass. Its too much of a glass cannon without being able to be armored well. Feels like another weapon thats only good on hovers... Or just simply reduce energy to 4.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Renamed41544 said:

Thank you for the relic spark, finally something useful for chasing down back peddling hovers.  

If you couldn't catch a 75 mph limited vehicle you're just bad. No amount of OP gear will help you.

• Confused 4
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Renamed41544 said:

The anti kapkan module is also very sweet. Something that finally can deal with the kapkan crutch other then spark.

Its about time dogs got a meaningful buff. Thank you. I can already taste hover bois tears of unfathomable sadness,  so yummy

Spark slows them faster you know :P

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Renamed41544 said:

So you got 1 energy free to use this new module
but had no 1 energy free to use a verifyer that would have shown you the kapkans?

I admit an enemy can drop a kapkan while you are on them. And the new module may kill this kapkan real quick ...
IF its not below your build? :D 

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, PobesneliMaks said:

If you couldn't catch a 75 mph limited vehicle you're just bad. No amount of OP gear will help you.

To bad they are not limited to 75kph. Weapon recoil can push them over 100kph easily and sustain that speed.

If you had any clue, you already knew this.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, _cottton_ said:

So you got 1 energy free to use this new module
but had no 1 energy free to use a verifyer that would have shown you the kapkans?

I admit an enemy can drop a kapkan while you are on them. And the new module may kill this kapkan real quick ...
IF its not below your build? :D 

Showing the kapkan is one thing. It is a entirely different thing to be able to kill them w/o decloaking from sparking. Also different u dont have to aim at them to neutralize them. Drone does it so u can stay focused on the enemy, not the one krapkan behind you

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

On 9/3/2020 at 12:49 AM, SkyeShadow said:

“Porcupine” minelayer

• Spread reduced by 50%.

• Barrels now launch above the horizon axis.

• Time to barrel explosion reduced by 50%.

• Barrel durability increased by 100%

• Reloading time increased by 50% (from 2 to 3 seconds).

Comment: Porcupine was an extremely efficient weapon against most land-based cars. Thanks to these changes, the Porcupine will no longer be able to constantly cover whole areas with fire, but it can now aim and fire efficiently at any enemy armoured vehicles, including hovers.

This weapon change was made by a dev who has never used porcs in a match with real people before...

"Porcupine was an extremely efficient weapon against most land-based cars"
    Yes, this is the point of a mine. Considering it has low projectile speed, is easily destructible, and has many counters (more included in the recent update) it better be effective in some situations.

"Thanks to these changes, the Porcupine will no longer be able to constantly cover whole areas with fire"
    Since porcs are useless at range, they need the area denial to make up for its shortcomings.

but it can now aim and fire efficiently at any enemy armoured vehicles, including hovers.
    When you are within porc range, spread really doesn't matter. If you are close enough to porc, you are close enough to not worry about spread.

As for the changes, most are just to take away attention away from a F I F T Y P E R C E N T (50%) increase in reload time. In a game where devs nerf attributes by 7%, this was not a subtle move. Spread is pointless due to what I said above. Barrels launching above the horizon axis now can more easily shoot over the dogs they were good at countering. Time to barrel explosion time? This can have some application, but not enough to make enough of a difference even if looking at it from the positive side. Barrel durability was far too low to begin with. 100% increase in health looks like a lot, but the base health is so low, the actual increase is inconsequential vs. its counter items.

These changes really don't make sense as someone who plays often as a porc and also as someone who plays against porcs builds.

Edited by SIMPerial_Guard
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 2

On 9/3/2020 at 10:06 AM, gumaak__CG_ said:

It is obvious, that Porcupine is overnerfed.

50% reload reduction, it means 2/3 dps, is huge loss.

Increased accuracy goes against covering an area for defense detection of invisible/undetectable.

According to horizontal axis rotation, the change is fixed from my testing and as other said above, defensive builds has porcupine under build. Such build will hit hover only with big luck or skill. Only barrel durability is little advantage against Spark/MG defense, but it is a small change (fraction of time).

I agree. and the new Argus is also another weapon against porcs.. don't forget it.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1