Woodyrojo

[Announcement] Changes to “wedges”. Mass testing

Recommended Posts

Despite there are overwhelming dissatisfaction to hover mechanism
It may need, I don't know why nerf wedges first

How many complaints to the hover in the last few years was there?
On the contrary, there was almost no topic for wedge

It's absurd to think about hover

"Don't you know how to defeat a hover?"
If there was a proper way to defeat the hover
Are you going to reduce tens of thousands of players to teach it to few players it?

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What does the wedge car care about losing acceleration if it already has you defenseless on its roof and can destroy you at will? :dntknw:

Leave these useless inventions that do not change the problem at all.

I don't want you to eliminate the wedges or render them useless. For their users they are fun, they are a good example of creativity and they are a challenge for those of us who do not use them.
But, you must generate an option to defend yourself against them so that it is a fair fight and that the best one wins.

Just allow traction on the roof of the wedge car and crush damage to his roof pieces. :yes_yes_yes:

Do you really want to solve the problem?

(It would seem that you are honoring the phrase that a famous ruler in history said to solve complaints about social injustices: "You have to change something so that everything remains the same")

Edited by lamanu
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Everyone,

Thank you Devs for trying to deal with your current complaints.

There are many points here, so I will try to summarize as much as possible.

I personally think you have started in a good and difficult direction.Generally speaking, in order to solve the problems with the wedges, the way the game works must be seriously changed and some of the guys already pointed out the most important part that should be changed in the game mechanics is to have real mass/gravity - this will make the heavy builds really HEAVY. How do you imagine a 14-ton car wedging a 25-ton tank? In fact, you should never be able to wedge anyone with such a big difference in tonnage.

 

On what is currently working:

  1. Slowing down a car = tonnage difference?

How is this supposed to approach the real thing? We know that it is very difficult to even consider any changes due to the imbalance of the current game, but implementing a meaningless and useless custom change to the psycics in the game is realy bad for all of us.

The current change will create a catastrophic wave of events for the game.

  1. 1. After the implementation of the current update - to slow down everything benath you (calculated on the weight mass limit), which idea have a lot of sinkholes(if performed just like that + added dmg to tires and frames later on) will have to be hardly re-worked in order to be enjoyable, playable and totatally new and scary thing that won't just create a chaos in the current gamem, which will make many players quit the game, instead of bring a lot of new players.

      1.2  After the devs start to break the mechanics, players will prove to you that another update needs to be applied + fixing the previous one and we are talking about destroying the PARTS and not just the frames and tires, some  of the guys already pointed that as good example of how the game it really has to work if you want to steer physics in that direction. Of course, you will not be able to bring it and you will only apply the destruction of the frame, which will make  the heavy builds a total META for this game.

 

Wedge durability system:

For point 1.2, I think you already have what it takes for the game to create that kind of mechanics, so the game is really going to be some crazy real deal - for example, imagine an APC tank compiling a firestarter, Firestarter build must be a crusher, right? ? But this will not happen overnight, as it will change the whole game. Another example would be - the construction of a firestarter passes through an APC tank at 100 km / h, then hits the tracks.  Should we consider that the bigger the mass the less dmg you should take from a mele hitting into you, because that's how the real world works + adding the diffrence from the parts TYPE will create totally different feeling in the game.

This will also create a sense of more scalable build types.

Then we will use more parts like APC, which are the heaviest parts and are less durable (total weight / durability = 1/3) compared to Firestarter parts (total weight / durability = 1/2). An example of this would be if the new system for calculating the wedge durability . should consider the APC parts more durable than the firestarter parts in terms of wedging one another.

    1.3 How the tests with melee's wedging other cars is going?

If a melee is slowed, because of wedging that would be the END for all melee's. How are you going to make the game playable for melee's( I know most people will be very happy with a mele slowed down for hitting into tanks and medium builds.) But it will really make the melee's completely OUT of the game. Since the mele's whole idea is to hit other cars, wedge them not wedge them.Againts tanks is currently enought that you can bearly lift that thing and also adding a mechanic that will help the tank escape every single time will just made a total unbalance change for most of the players.

  1.4. The current, so called "wedge fix" is so far from any truth that we now. This will confuse a lot of peopple, but let me explain: Example of that would be that the current update is not taking in consideration that it's pretty stupid if you are with heavy build (25 tons)  and wedging a light build (12 tons) that you will still slow you down. even tho you are a 25 ton machine which is 13th tones more then the other car, but because of the unrealistic update you will be around 6 tons heavier then what's your max limit. This again will create another problems with crazy builds that can run over you and therefore the tank would be stopped or slowed down by a light build, which is kind of funny and far away from the real world.

Generaly speaking, just calculating how overweight a car is, is just some very very small part of what should be done if you want to go in that direction.

  2. Will the current update make the hovers a total badass, which they are!? Why putting a tire on a hover will wedge the cars??? Again how is this related to any know world of psycis or real mechanics? Why a hover will wedge at all? That will make them totally impenetrable for meles, shotguns and so on.

 3. Please try to overthink that update and take into consideration all the opinions here. If you are really going to bring an update to the PROD game, that is far from what should've been, a lot of people will quit the game, as they are only complaining of everything that is played againts them and adding the fact that the only update that tried to create a more realistic game was to make the tracks more tracky...

3.1 Horizontal mandrake problems, the biggest problem that you have?! How a build that is bearly moving with 50km/h, shooting once in a lifetime, killed by scorps just with one hit or from mele just by saying hi face to face (I dont take into consideration any brainless play styles of meles going directly infront of the mandrakes). What is your problems guys? The mandrake is making 500-3k an average of 1500dmg, from a eventual lucky or skilled hit or in most cases both things combined to make a good shot. What were these replies that a horizon mandrake have 100% accuracy?!. Banning horizontal mandrake will make them just another useless thing in the game. I'm using mandrakes for raids and CW, guess if a vertical mandrakes is usesful - not at all!

4. The update will mess up all the build since most of the builds are played on max limit. In order for us to please the wedge fix update, we will have to take off at least 20% of the mass, so that we wont be wedgeble?!

5. Most of the players already pointed out that a 10 sec would be needed for a car to escape a wedge build, which is crazy. I think only that proves easily enough that this "wedge fix" is not working at all, not to mention all the points from above and will continue to list few more below.

6. This point should be added to 1.2 and expand it more as most of the guys already have mention it - Tracks, meat grinders, bigrams, legs, tires - all of them should have diffrent reaction with the wedging system? Very good points there in some of the replies. This again will expand the game totally and add new feelings to the game. Bringing the game a step further to the real world is always very pleasant expirience for the players.

6.1 Tracks should wedge more? Tires should wedge less? Bigrams and legs should do dmg as the meat grinders?

 

Food for thought...

 

 

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2020 at 4:50 PM, delraith said:

For goodness sake, I've put a suggestion out in the past about how this problem would be fairly well addressed if ALL MOVEMENT PARTS DID DAMAGE DIRECTLY BELOW THEM. That's it, make an AoE for damage directly beneath the movement part contact area and base the damage on mass divided amongst movement parts. Wheels would do the least amount of damage, tracks and legs would pulverize in comparison. You have the code for augers, just modify that.

Many said this same thing. Well, not all movement parts, hovers shouldn't do damage because they fly over cars too easy, but all the parts that have ground contact should do the damage. Legs and tracks most of all. Like you said, should pulverize. 
But we are not used to devs using logic and easy fixes. The fix they are going with won't make much difference since wedge only needs to lift and get you stuck, not carry you around the playground.
As long as it can lift you a bit and get you stuck for a few seconds without it getting pulverized itself by lifting a part of you, they will either destroy or badly damage you in that time.

Devs, please, for heaven's sake, play the game. It's a great game and all you know about it is what you read from the numbers. You won't make it better by looking at those without having the feel for it from actually playing it. The wedge picture you got here is a joke and somehow i am sure that's what the devs have in mind when they read - Nerf wedge -.

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2020 at 12:17 PM, gruesomeIntent said:

The wedge is still an important build aspect for close combat weapons.

Agree. Like the all the others. You just take away his ability to magically paralyze the opponent without him having any options.

On 9/11/2020 at 12:17 PM, gruesomeIntent said:

Most wheeled players do use a wedge with every weapon set.

I do not include myself there but it is not that they do it because it is the only way to defend themselves from that umbalanced plague?

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey crossout any chance you guys gonna stop xxxx PS4 players any chance you're ever going to come out with a new raven's event probly not. All you guys xxxx care about is the P.C players. xxxx YOU CROSSOUT

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wheeled builds have "Wedges" attached to them, but I don't Use it actively as a wedge.  It's just there for a 50/50 chance of the Wedge player to ramp up, when they try to wedge me.

It's free melee, to me.  Honestly, I can have 2 guns, or 2 guns and a bayonet for when they inevitably charge, for no energy.  What gets me is the people that refuse to take that free weapons, because reasons.

It's a free weapon.  Even a Tank Driver is issued a combat knife, just in case he needs it for something.  To open a can of beans, or scrape a dog-pile off his boot when he stepped in it on his smoke break.

For some reason, you civies don't consider the fact that we're given 4 hatchets for a reason, so you leave them to rust in your Inventory.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great! What was changed ?
again you disappoint player,
and make them uninstall this game ,

You good at giving disappoint after expecting like hover nerf

Edited by Kommy1986
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

My wheeled builds have "Wedges" attached to them, but I don't Use it actively as a wedge.  It's just there for a 50/50 chance of the Wedge player to ramp up, when they try to wedge me.

It doesn't matter, because the wedge itself is more than enough intimidating. You know what I do when I see a wedge ? I run. Because I know that they will get close on me, I know that I won't be able to out-strip them for 90% of the time, I know that there is a high chance that I will lose the game because I will just get unable to move while my bottom is getting shredded.

And it's because I run without fighting that they can leisurely chase me and kill me. It's like a game of Rock-Paper-Scissors except I can't use paper at all. If I choose Rock and I fight back, I die. And If I choose the blunt Scissors to escape, I may leave with my life but I won't ever win.

Please devs, add crushing damage or whatever else works. We need a way to actively counter them, and not just be a little riskier to be wedged.

Edited by Elcarick
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Elcarick said:

It doesn't matter, because the wedge itself is more than enough intimidating.

Not if it doesn't look like a Wedge:

279E14F387DADE2CC993172F077FFE7D4D39BF04

Regardless, you overestimate the vast majority of Wedgelords (Especially lately.)  I ran into one in Bedlam, that was taking an Incinerator build out for a test-drive, in Rock City,.

He still rammed me, because that's what he knows how to do, despite the fact that I had a Wedge, he didn't, and Incinerators suck at contact distance.  

Just now, Elcarick said:

You know what I do when I see a wedge?

it's not the ones you see coming that you have to worry about.  The train plow is optional.  Chameleon kinda isn't.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2020 at 10:03 AM, VisceraCleaner said:

@Ka1deron

3ZVnbdb.png

Still, 5,395 kg vehicle (7040 kg tonnage) can lift 16,149 kg leg build too easily.

It seems with some initial speed, still wedge can lift even track, auger, meat grinder too, but well... it is something related to physics. 
IMO, heavy builds should be much more heavier than now. They are too light to have enough momentum.

CEPnalL.png

In fact, wedge builds are also heavy (this vehicle in screenshot is 15 t) and they can still lift the so called heavy builds (19 ~ 30 t) so easily.
At least, they can't advance but still they can have free chance to destroy the lifted target before the target gets out.

 

I think this mechanic will work well with some balance overhaul, especially after making mass make sense.

There are too many balloons (e.g Chameleon is only 60 kg lighter than normal single person) and heavy tanks in Crossout are lighter than normal farm machines.

You seem to be misunderstanding the wedge as a simple machine.  It allows for smaller builds to pick up larger ones because of mechanical advantage.  I think if the goal of the change is to make the game more accurate, a reduction in acceleration is the most obvious solution (the machine now has more mass but the same amount of power (aka force) and thus acceleration is reduced accordingly.  

  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, psiberzerker said:

it's not the ones you see coming that you have to worry about.  The train plow is optional.  Chameleon kinda isn't.

I think of myself as one of the players that actually look at their radars. You can also add the fact that I play MGs currently so I find a quick frontal assault as dangerous as an hidden one.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, isaaac_4 said:

You seem to be misunderstanding the wedge as a simple machine.  It allows for smaller builds to pick up larger ones because of mechanical advantage.  I think if the goal of the change is to make the game more accurate, a reduction in acceleration is the most obvious solution (the machine now has more mass but the same amount of power (aka force) and thus acceleration is reduced accordingly.  

Spot on. +1


Yeah, it seems half of these players writing here don't want it "fixed" they just think they shouldn't be able to be wedged. The Devs need to stop listening to those players completely.

  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, _f0r3v3r_ said:

Yeah, it seems half of these players writing here don't want it "fixed" they just think they shouldn't be able to be wedged. The Devs need to stop listening to those players completely.

I want the fix to be more harsh on the wedge but that's because I want wedges to be punished for their BS. Yes, a wedge will help push or lift something more easily but it doesn't render it weightless which is my issue with it. If there's sufficient damage from crushing and wedging someone took your speed to near zero when they're several times your weight then wedges will not be common because wedging will be akin to shooting yourself in the foot and you're as good as dead.

  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, isaaac_4 said:

You seem to be misunderstanding the wedge as a simple machine.  It allows for smaller builds to pick up larger ones because of mechanical advantage.  I think if the goal of the change is to make the game more accurate, a reduction in acceleration is the most obvious solution (the machine now has more mass but the same amount of power (aka force) and thus acceleration is reduced accordingly.  

While this is how wedges work in the real world, that applies more to things like doorstops.

In the real world, if you strapped a train plow to the front of a racecar and tried to wedge an 18-wheeler, you'd end up crushing yourself underneath it (not to mention all the problems with strapping a TRAIN PLOW to the front of an ordinary vehicle. There's a reason why they're called TRAIN PLOWS, the only machines that can feasibly use them are TRAINS (for obvious reasons).

 

  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pervious postes show something very important. It is not clear what goal you like to achiev with the wedge fix. So please devs tell us what is your goal and we can first discuss what to fix before we define the how.

I see several different goals.

1. Avoid that light cars can drive around when another car is on top of the roof.

2. Cause some negative effects for the lower car like damage of some parts or decrease speed and acceleration.

3. Avoid that a light vehicle is able to lift a heavy vehicle compleatly

4. Avoid that a light vehicle is able to tilt a heavy tank (which already causes that the tank cant fight back)

5. Add a suspention mechanic and an interaction with the ground. That causes the wedge blades to get stuck in the ground when it has not enough ground clearence and gets pushed downwards by a heavy load.

 

I personally would like to see the 5. goal in combination with crushing damage of all movement parts with ground contact.

Edited by Dantec2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, lamanu said:

What does the wedge car care about losing acceleration if it already has you defenseless on its roof and can destroy you at will?

This changes the dynamics of the encounter. Now the car on top decides when the wedging ends because he is still able to drive while the car underneath is not.

 

23 hours ago, E_A_ said:

1. After the implementation of the current update - to slow down everything benath you (calculated on the weight mass limit), which idea have a lot of sinkholes(if performed just like that + added dmg to tires and frames later on) will have to be hardly re-worked in order to be enjoyable, playable and totatally new and scary thing that won't just create a chaos in the current gamem, which will make many players quit the game, instead of bring a lot of new players.

Rebuilding crafts due to changes in the game is nothing new. Ask all the hover players, they know. And they survived it.

 

23 hours ago, E_A_ said:

1.2  After the devs start to break the mechanics, players will prove to you that another update needs to be applied + fixing the previous one and we are talking about destroying the PARTS and not just the frames and tires, some  of the guys already pointed that as good example of how the game it really has to work if you want to steer physics in that direction. Of course, you will not be able to bring it and you will only apply the destruction of the frame, which will make  the heavy builds a total META for this game.

The devs have already stated they will bring this wedge in two stages. First stage is the cars slowing down when going overmass, the second is the damage to chassis (aka movement parts).

 

The thing about heavy builds is that they are still slower than the light builds. Which means the lighter builds can run away if things are about to get hairy. It doesn't work the other way though; heavy build being slower it can't run away if a lighter and faster build is going to wedge it.

 

23 hours ago, E_A_ said:

If a melee is slowed, because of wedging that would be the END for all melee's. How are you going to make the game playable for melee's( I know most people will be very happy with a mele slowed down for hitting into tanks and medium builds.) But it will really make the melee's completely OUT of the game. Since the mele's whole idea is to hit other cars, wedge them not wedge them.Againts tanks is currently enought that you can bearly lift that thing and also adding a mechanic that will help the tank escape every single time will just made a total unbalance change for most of the players.

You can position your melee weapons so that your car doesn't wedge the enemy craft but merely pushes it. If you're not able to wedge a heavy craft I guess that means the heavy crafts finally counter the melee crafts properly. Solution: don't go against a heavy craft when using a melee. In other words don't run a full-melee team in CW. :wink:

 

23 hours ago, E_A_ said:

2. Will the current update make the hovers a total badass, which they are!? Why putting a tire on a hover will wedge the cars??? Again how is this related to any know world of psycis or real mechanics? Why a hover will wedge at all? That will make them totally impenetrable for meles, shotguns and so on.

At best most bigger hovercrafts only use one to two wheels paired with around 8-10 hovers. So only 10-20% of the weight of the hovercraft is being applied to the car underneath. Considering hovercrafts often don'don't reach the mass limit of their cabin it's not going to matter that much in the grand scheme of things.

 

People will not attempt to put more wheels on their hovercrafts to counter this because it'll kill their acceleration; adding one Bigfoot is the equivalent of slapping four Icarus VII's onto your craft as far as acceleration is concerned.

 

23 hours ago, E_A_ said:

3. Please try to overthink that update and take into consideration all the opinions here. If you are really going to bring an update to the PROD game, that is far from what should've been, a lot of people will quit the game, as they are only complaining of everything that is played againts them and adding the fact that the only update that tried to create a more realistic game was to make the tracks more tracky...

"But the game is already finished" is a really bad excuse for not bringing in a critical fix into the game.

 

23 hours ago, E_A_ said:

3.1 Horizontal mandrake problems, the biggest problem that you have?! How a build that is bearly moving with 50km/h, shooting once in a lifetime, killed by scorps just with one hit or from mele just by saying hi face to face (I dont take into consideration any brainless play styles of meles going directly infront of the mandrakes). What is your problems guys? The mandrake is making 500-3k an average of 1500dmg, from a eventual lucky or skilled hit or in most cases both things combined to make a good shot. What were these replies that a horizon mandrake have 100% accuracy?!. Banning horizontal mandrake will make them just another useless thing in the game. I'm using mandrakes for raids and CW, guess if a vertical mandrakes is usesful - not at all!

Devs have already said they will do something about the Horidrake.

 

23 hours ago, E_A_ said:

4. The update will mess up all the build since most of the builds are played on max limit. In order for us to please the wedge fix update, we will have to take off at least 20% of the mass, so that we wont be wedgeble?!

I don't understand this. Why do you need to remove stuff from your car if wedging slows cars down?

 

23 hours ago, E_A_ said:

5. Most of the players already pointed out that a 10 sec would be needed for a car to escape a wedge build, which is crazy. I think only that proves easily enough that this "wedge fix" is not working at all, not to mention all the points from above and will continue to list few more below.

It'll take only few seconds for you to exit the wedge when it has driven under you and come to a stop. Even if it was a full 10sec it's still better than not being able to escape wedge at all.

 

23 hours ago, E_A_ said:

6. This point should be added to 1.2 and expand it more as most of the guys already have mention it - Tracks, meat grinders, bigrams, legs, tires - all of them should have diffrent reaction with the wedging system? Very good points there in some of the replies. This again will expand the game totally and add new feelings to the game. Bringing the game a step further to the real world is always very pleasant expirience for the players.

6.1 Tracks should wedge more? Tires should wedge less? Bigrams and legs should do dmg as the meat grinders?

I think these are fair points. I mean Meat Grinder already behaves differently than other mvoement parts since it damages crafts that touch it. I personally think tracks and legs should apply some kind of bonus damage when something is underneath them.

 

Which movement parts wedges more is a question of hitbox and some parts like Hardened Tracks or ML 200 have some awkward hitboxes which break the immersion; what you see isn't necesarily what you get atm.

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Spedemix said:

This changes the dynamics of the encounter. Now the car on top decides when the wedging ends because he is still able to drive while the car underneath is not.

For me, the worst is someone picking me up, and driving through my own fire puddles, so we're both Heated.

4244A03CD4A7C73FD9FBFC8A082DE14111EF8597

Unless it's an ally.  Then, only I'm heated, because they're immune to my Friendly Fire, but I'm not.

(Incidentally, that's not a "Wedge."  It's an unique build I hadn't seen before, which is why I screencapped it.  It's actually got a short ramp of Incisors/Flails up front, then a long deck, and then a roof behind that.  So, instead of being able to slide off, you're parked, on the front porch, until he shoots through your side armor to get at your Cabin/Generator.  

Lethally effective, so think outside the Wedge.)

Also, it only affect builds that don't have the spare Tonnage.  It's still possible to build a fast stealth Wedge that's still capable of driving around with a hood ornament, and using you as a meat shield.  the second best armor is an enemy to hide under.  (The best armor is a building to hide behind.)

And Chameleon to get you there.

  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

   For someone playing this game for 6 months I find very little in this game is based in real life. Like hovers, laser guns, Mech-legs and Augers. Not counting all the extra buffs guns, tires and cabin have. If you apply real life physics to this game most builds would not leave the garage. Like a tank cannon on top a car would not even move. It would blow out the tires, suspension and bend the frame. Shotguns would take for forever to damage a cannon or tracks.  Also, I agree that a small car moving/carring an vehicle across the map is crazy, but there is alot of crazy to around in this game. If you make the game to realistic it will turn into a tank simulation game. Its a game and have fun with it.  :good:

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My simple solution is to extend part collision model so you PHYSICALLY CANT get under other vehicles anymore.  100 self damage per second isnt enough to stop meta tryhard wedgetable for brains to go under your vehicle, shotgun your generator and ammo in 2 seconds and go dp same to another 2 players, ending match with 1337 score.

 

JUST END THIS META WEDGE THING PLEASE! Its been sucking fun out of game so much and its main reason why i hate crossout joke of pvp mode. Im not alone here on this.

Oh and lancers/tusks you are next i guess? stop one shotting people out of invisibility xxxx.

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vincefeld said:

My simple solution is to extend part collision model so you PHYSICALLY CANT get under other vehicles anymore.  100 self damage per second isnt enough to stop meta tryhard wedgetable for brains to go under your vehicle, shotgun your generator and ammo in 2 seconds and go dp same to another 2 players, ending match with 1337 score.

 

JUST END THIS META WEDGE THING PLEASE! Its been sucking fun out of game so much and its main reason why i hate crossout joke of pvp mode. Im not alone here on this.

Oh and lancers/tusks you are next i guess? stop one shotting people out of invisibility xxxx.

While I don't think lances can be further nerfed (I am not a lance player and hate getting lanced, but further nerfs will make them into one of those weapons no one will use).  At least it's at the start of the match so I can just re-enter a new one. I am much more against things that drag on a long bad lose because they overperform. No need to name.

Your wedge idea is solid, but that too has been said. Yeah, 100 dmg per second isn't enough. The collision needs to be fixed.

Speaking of, it's just too easy to get under things. My meatgrinder bounces like a beach ball and flips every time anything (not even a real wedge, but with low parts) hits me.  
First of, meatgrinders need to do A LOT MORE DMG! And they should be ground solid, impossible to flip with anything lighter than the meatgrinder vehicle.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2020 at 5:00 PM, szefopl said:

They care, i care, every small build not on hovers is using wedge one way or another, this is how the game works, how the physics works in game, so u can't really not consider it, you are forced and it is ok, in reality this is a nerf for smaller builds so they should compensate it somehow if they want to do this, cuz what u do get in return against heavy armoured builds, its a free buff for them right?

I play small builds only and never use a wedge. I try to outplay my opponents in ways that make sense instead of pressing W  to drive under them and use them as mobile cover like a scumbag. I don't feel I'm getting nerfed by this.

Edited by Clebardman
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


"Currently the devs have decided to take the approach to make it so movement parts take damage when a craft is over max weight. Additionally, when one craft contacts and lifts another the weight of both crafts is to be totaled and the craft underneath must contend with the crushing weight.

Theoretically this will work for craft that are almost at their max weight limit. This system doesn't really do much noticeable to crafts that have a fair margin before being overweight, and as a match goes on and you lose more and more mass, and this system is makes very little impact.

Instead, I propose:

Cause All movement parts to deal damage directly beneath them.

To be clear, when a car drives over another car, the weight crushes whatever is under the point of contact. As changing the physics system in the game is difficult, the better work around is to make going under another craft devastating in its own way. The above attempts by the devs just plainly don't do a good job of this (and really only stop people from wedging leviathans). If being under a movement part, in the damage area, causes damage to your craft of terrifying proportion, the problem would be fairly addressed. A good player can still 'pin' a craft by ramming it strategically, but if they slip up even just a little bit they will be taking MASSIVE DAMAGE. It also makes getting run over by tank builds SCARY.

The potential area below a movement part can be fine tuned. Obviously tracks should have the largest area of effect, and perhaps things like hovers should heat parts below them as appose to dealing direct damage. It would be fun to give the damage legs do penetration to mimic the stomping force.

The damage done by movement parts should be modified by the mass of your craft divided amongst your movement parts based on tonnage.

Thank you."


thx @delraith

And the icarus too, so that they trigger the porcupines...

after 3 years...
It will be time

Edited by FLMNAG
bad translation
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FLMNAG said:

a car drives over another car, the weight crushes whatever is under the point of contact.

I would love to see some strategic crushing in maps like Crater, Bridge, Factory and others.

Edited by Elcarick
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Complex crushing damage is not required. Simply allow builds to get traction when on another vehicle. Then we can drive/crawl/roll off.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.