Woodyrojo

[Announcement] Changes to “wedges”. Mass testing

Greetings,

I have not read all the posts dealing with the "so called wedge problem".  The ones I have read seem to go everywhere. 

Why not just have all cars be blocked.  Like running into a wall.  There wont be a wedge problem.  I'm sure someone will not like what I have suggested, but if all builds simply stop when they encounter a build they go no further, which takes care of wedging.  Of course there will be damage taken away from the collision.

And every wedge I have seen going 3000km per hour, simply wedges and flips the other car.  If they simply just stop with damage, like running into the rocks in Rock city. 

Why can't that happen?  To all builds.  Only that Hovers will not be affected, since they float.  But I would think it would stop the wedge builds from going under and flipping builds.

Cause in real life............ unless you own a Tank, cars do not run over other cars... simple....ty

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Shambapoo said:

Complex crushing damage is not required. Simply allow builds to get traction when on another vehicle. Then we can drive/crawl/roll off.

This is basically what happens when you "Wedge" a Hover.  Unless you have hooks up to catch, and hold them.

Back when I was running Meat Grinders, I got wedged by a Drone-Box.  Exactly what it sounds like, a box shaped car full of Falcons.  (This was before Hawks, let alone Annihilators)  I managed to pop off a couple of the launchers with me screws, but that didn't stop the other 3 from killing me.

Traction, or not, the problem was being dropped in a box with walls you can't crawl out of.  I've seen similar builds with Skinner cranes, and the box full of Harvesters, or Maulers.  

Whatever the fix is, there's always a hundred more exploits, and that's a good thing.  These fixes cause players to re-think their builds, discover more exploits, and surprise each other with new creative builds.

I love surprises, and creative builds.  I'll even take the death/loss if they earned it in the garage instead of the Exhibition.  With a big grin on my face.

GG, WP.

Edited by psiberzerker
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/17/2020 at 9:09 PM, psiberzerker said:

This is basically what happens when you "Wedge" a Hover.  Unless you have hooks up to catch, and hold them.

Back when I was running Meat Grinders, I got wedged by a Drone-Box.  Exactly what it sounds like, a box shaped car full of Falcons.  (This was before Hawks, let alone Annihilators)  I managed to pop off a couple of the launchers with me screws, but that didn't stop the other 3 from killing me.

Traction, or not, the problem was being dropped in a box with walls you can't crawl out of.  I've seen similar builds with Skinner cranes, and the box full of Harvesters, or Maulers.  

Whatever the fix is, there's always a hundred more exploits, and that's a good thing.  These fixes cause players to re-think their builds, discover more exploits, and surprise each other with new creative builds.

I love surprises, and creative builds.  I'll even take the death/loss if they earned it in the garage instead of the Exhibition.  With a big grin on my face.

GG, WP.

Sure but those builds really aren't genuinely effective. They're more for comedy value. 

• Upvote 1

What is my dissatisfaction
As with aegis fusion, also with this horizontal mandrake 
It is difficult to operate the craft alone, and it is a craft that is effective when used as a team, and crafts centered on that craft are made, and there was diversity and uniqueness that can be said to be unique to a craft game

Eliminating it only limits the crafts used further and makes the game even more boring.
This result of hearing the opinions of players who can only use the standard copy paste craft is the current boring game

As for aegis fusion, I had to create a vs1 situation so that the barrier wouldn't break.
Also, it was not uncommon to be defeat against melee opponents because were sluggish due to the weight balance bug peculiar to fusion
Each craft has its own characteristics, strengths and weaknesses
Especially with regard to this mandrake nerf, there were many voices saying that it should be nerf because it was effective in the situation where most players use hover, just complaining without trying to change the structure of the existing hover. Is the result of too much incompetent player

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/20/2020 at 5:07 AM, RoughMonkey said:

This fix is broken. Like always they are just messing things up even more.

Sayin it for a looooooooooooooooooong time. 

I think there's no need to reduce Typhoon's impact impulse, that what makes it playable, shooting enemy's car and at least have a chance to make it loose control.

• Sad 1