French Translation error for Beholder cabin.

I play the game in french and sometimes the translation English --> French isn't up to par for a game like this. I overlook it most of the time but here I can't.

The english name for the new legendary cab is Beholder, a fitting name for the new Nomad and Ravager themed parts. The name in french however is Voir, which is the equivalent of "see" in english. As a verb, it means absolutely nothing when used as a noun and the name isn't stylish at all.

1148756535_screenshot-200924-194048(2473

36628759_screenshot-200924-194039(24738)

A few translation alternatives: 

- Keep the english name as you did for other parts like Bigfoots, Trucker, Steppe Spider, etc ...

- Observateur, which means "Observator" in english. Same meaning, different word. Better than Voir.

- Spectateur, this one is the worst of the 3 since it has a slightly different meaning in French. Means "Spectator" in english. Better than Voir, worse than everything else.

It isn't mattering for now since players still have some time before getting to that point of the season but keep in mind that I as well as other players will be paying for this. It's only one word so it shouldn't be too difficult to change right ? Much appreciated.

Edited by Elcarick
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Developer
On 9/24/2020 at 11:01 PM, Elcarick said:

The english name for the new legendary cab is Beholder, a fitting name for the new Nomad and Ravager themed parts. The name in french however is Voir, which is the equivalent of "see" in english. As a verb, it means absolutely nothing when used as a noun and the name isn't stylish at all.

Hello,

Accepted: C-123129

Thank you for report.

• Thanks 1
  • 3 months later...

Excellence has consistently been entirely subjective however to this onlooker they are outright terrible. Possibly insidious as well.

snaptube vidmate

Edited by ukerdsm