Savage TV

DocSavage

I like making Crossout videos, so I thought I'd start a thread for posting them. I like complaining about Crossout too, but there are plenty of those threads already. I'll try not to do that here. I can't promise there won't be commercials, though...so, whatever. Here it is.

Thanks for watching.

My first video I'll keep simple. It's going to be a series of short shots Called "Wish You Were Here," dedicated to all the weird places I manage to get my Rooster roosted in the Wasteland.

So, here it is...for real this time...

Wish you were here:

Ya, that's it.

Edited by DocSavage
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Today I worked on a rocket-sled. It's fast. Who knows how fast? It has no wheels.

I like this to jet around the farm while I wait in the queue.

• Upvote 1

This one I posted elsewhere on the forum, but I wanted to have it here in my collection. This is my brief tour of the new Amusement Park Update, the building feature, and what I've done with it so far. I'm sure to add more features as I earn the components, and when the Amusement Park Battle Pass is over I'll try to post a video with updated stuff.

• Upvote 1

Preserved for posterity.

Hovers...whatever.

Edited by DocSavage
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I wanted to do a voice-over for this one, but I'm spent. It's just a PSA for a suspension trick I worked out. It's simple and anybody can do it. It helps put that hot-rod lift in the rear-end, which improves your firing angle a little if your guns are tucked in a lot. It also helps to improve your turn radius a bit too, depending on the build. I find it works on a lot of my builds (I like muscle-cars), but sometimes it makes steering a little squirrely. Switching wheels helps, and maybe it doesn't work with all wheels. I think it's a lot of bang for your buck, so I thought I should share. It's like my own personal exploit (maybe others have done it too, IDK). If it works for you, great. 

• Upvote 1

I was bored due to excessively long queues, so I did this beginner build look under the hood. I'd like to do a series of build tips for green-horns, but my topic for that has been idling in pre-moderation for a really long time too. Did I miss the Rapture? Probably. Whatever.

I have an update to this model that I want to include in a tribute called "Death Race 2000," where all the builds are PS-2999 and under.

I have this minimalist enigma stuck in my head that I keep trying to solve. It's probably a tumor.

Edited by DocSavage
  • Upvote 1

Death Race 2000?

About the most interesting building theme during my 10 months of Crossouting. 

Wanna open up a build pic thread for it Doc, or can i? 

• Like 1

Ya know, I haven't been playing much lately. I uninstalled the game because I needed to take a break. If I didn't uninstall it, I would just make myself angry trying to get it to work. I re-installed it yesterday to take a look at the market catastrophe (wow), and of course I ended up doing a few rounds...then a few more. I've been having a good time this evening (mostly), but there are still a lot of issues. Odd ones too. They don't really effect game play so much as they're just weird.

Anyway, at the time I made this post they weren't rumored to be releasing a new cab that is modeled after the car from Death Race 2000. Now they are. It would probably be a confusing thread for the public at this point, and besides the forum looks dead.

I think it's a great idea, of course. The low power-score keeps the cars pretty true to the genre (mostly teeth and guns, no pew-pew), and I thought it might help populate the low end for the new-guys who were experiencing really long queues (like I was), with cars they actually could compete against, teach them builds too, maybe, and show folks you can build cool and effective cars and have fun without all the latest and greatest...but wow, the game is going through a phase right now. I'm so glad I'm not the developer who has to sort it out, or the moderator that has to respond to all the angry posts. However, there isn't much activity there presently. It's a little strange.

You can start the thread if you like, I'll try to add some builds to the thread if you do, but currently I can't promise I'll be very involved in the game until they get through whatever it is they are doing, so it's probably not a good idea for me to start a thread like that right now.

The forum could use something more interesting going on, for sure. Maybe the theme would help stimulate interest in the new cab. My opinion of it is pretty negative, because of the perk, but it is a very sharp looking cab, and I do like the theme...I just wish the cab's perk fit the theme too. I remember the Death Race 2000 movie as being more of a melee thing, and I don't recall missiles, and certainly not homing missiles. Maybe I'll go watch it again. I need inspiration...so does the community, frankly. I'd say post the thread, but I'm not convinced this game community cares about such things.

Edited by DocSavage
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/19/2020 at 6:55 PM, Clebardman said:

I'll make and publish a 2999 PS car if the thread is made

The Death Race (2000) is for max. 2999ps stuff. 

• Like 1

I just wanted to capture some video of the Halloween event this year. I wanted to do something more involved, because I like this holiday and I think the developers did a great job with the event and decor, but I didn't have any great ideas. So, I just did a quick tour, a spin around the block, and stuck it on the wall...for the record.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I've been working on this Bat, and I like it. I had a different thing going on with it, but I stripped it down and turned up the pomp and Halloween spirit. I like it better now. I took it out once and got two kills (one rather fortunate), so that's good enough for an art build by my book. Two or three is what I'm hoping for.

Anyway, Happy Halloween.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Having real trouble accessing the forum right now. I was going to post this in gen-pop but I guess I'll wait. It doesn't seem like a good moment. I'm not sure what's up. I was having major tech issues with my equipment. I'm pulling too much juice, I think, and it's causing this rig to crash. I might have to remove one of the hard drives. I also need a new mic. This one sux. my cheap one was better...but I broke it. oops.

Whatever. I don't work for HBO. This is just a complaint anyway. Big deal...it was still fun. I like editing, but my shenanigans are out dated. As an artist, I don't care. As a viewer, it might be a bigger deal.

I'm evolving, but I'm keeping the monkey.

Edited by DocSavage
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I decided to do a little tour of my range as it sits today featuring the Skill Test. I didn't do anything too elaborate regarding the feature. When I set it up, I just wanted something to keep me entertained while I wait in the Q. I'm also not a fan of the big grey blocks, so I didn't litter my farm with too much of that. I think their aesthetics are un-emersive and odd looking. I wish they'd give us a texture paint for them that made them more believable somehow...anyway, there it is...

The Chicken Run

Edited by DocSavage
  • Upvote 1