Woodyrojo

[Feedback] Planned balance changes. + and -

ATTENTION! The topic is created to gather all the constructive feedback regarding the changes and new features in progress. Please, leave your feedback only after you've tested the changes on the special test server. All the posts that are not made in accordance with the example below will be deleted!

EXAMPLE

These are the features I like the most:

• .... (in brief)

These are the features that I don't like:

• ....., because...
  • ....., because...

Conclusion: (brief constructive conclusion that sums up your overall experience)

• Homing missile changes because low ps will be fun again  
  • Punisher balance because its perk is way too strong as of now, we will see if thats enough to make it not counter everything though 
  • Mastodon change because its perk was very hard to use and even if used correctly it still was too slow, it will def be cw viable now with it being easier to use effectively 

The Typhoon change because even though the perk is being buffed, it will barely make up for the impulse since the impulse was its only way of escaping dogs not to mention how many dog buffs there has been, the perk itself does nothing to combat dogs that know a thing or two about overheating so the patch is offering nothing in return, I find that the typhoon as of now needs any sort of slight edge on dogs, not to be made even more helpless

Conclusion: Mostly good changes in my opinion but the typhoon change is a bit ridiculous considering how powerful dogs are right now and all the buffs they have been getting for no apparent reason.

Edited by JETROD

31 minutes ago, TreeBurgersYT said:

• Nest change will please a bunch of people. Missile is HUGE now compared to before. Were they intended to be that small previously? Seems like a drastic change.
  • Locust are really dominant weapons, especially for an epic weapon. Unsure if the explosive damage is the issue, but it's a good start. IMO the overall basedamage of the weapons seems to be what makes it so strong.
  • Arothon buff is fine, but the weapon is still just waaaaay too niche  to be relevant. Either you are too far away, or you are too close. You are in optimal range for about 5% of a match. The weapon is irrelevant in it's current form.
  • Humpback buff - Super interesting, era of heeeeeavy builds is getting closer every patch
  • Punisher nerf. Unsure if the spread with perk is the issue, but we will have to see. Seems like a tiny dmg nerf would be justified. Most top 10 teams we face are running 3x punisher and you will get degunned in a sec when they push you. Perk  or not.
  • Mastodon. Great changes. 

• Typhoon impulse. Let's face it. With every change to a weapon that can potentially act as a tiny counter to melees, you drive a big pile of players closer to the edge of insanity. First you took away the old perk. Then you made kapkans rather pointless against melees as their wedges no longer scrape the ground, so that they cna ram kapkans and not care about them. Then you gave them the blight. The griffon. New breaker perk. Another draco buff. Relic flash. Argus for porcs and kapkans.  I can keep going. 
    • Melees are scary dominant all the way from tin to gold and occasionally in diamond CW. But you keep adding to their inventory while taking away counters. The one chance you have of outplaying a full melee team as a cannon player is to rely on the impulse. Well timed shots can flip a wounded melee, or flip them if you shoot them mid-air. That will be taken away aswell now. Where does that leave us if this keeps happening?
    • I get that changing weapons can't just rely in CW alone. But this is a relic. If CW is not considered as the main factor for changing a relic, then i'd suggest that for the future. I've spoken with a lot of people about the state of the game for the past couple of months. You handled the horizontal mandrakes and got people back to CW. But too many changes does not seem to be made with CW in mind. This one doesn't seem to be either. At the end of the day, endgame players are the players keeping the playernumbers stable. We might not drop the most money compared to 10 new players. But we keep the servers populated long term. We need a piece of the pie too!

•  
  • The focus on missiles, yet some aspects of missiles in this game is being completely overlooked. The Nest has been added to the selection of weapons that shoots projectiles, which you can shoot down or counter with spark, argus etc. Why are cricket, locust, pyrelid and wasp not added to this selection. As far as i can tell those missiles look IDENTICAL to the hurricane missile for example. Worth considering at least. Would make counterplays to crickets and locust so much more tolerable.

Conclusion: Great patch all in all, once again the changes (mostly) seems rational and in line with experiences in the game. Any news on the maps you took out of the rotation? Not gonna lie, CW is extra boring at the moment due to the limited amount of maps.

Great post, not sure if I can disagree with anything here

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Did you know that locust and cricket are only used in hovers?

You nerf crickets even though past crickets were caused by a lighter hover with a colossus on it
Are you willing to make an irrelevant fix again?
That ’s why the number of people decreases

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 6

I don't use homing missile because it make team lose in battle often,

I don't know the opinions of other players, but I don't want to be on the same team as the missile users

Because as i say above make team loses. It is not uncommon for almost all players to use chameleons, and most hurricane players caught in close range die without doing anything,(can't doing anything)

I thought that the chameleon's specification change improved the position of homing missile users a little (mainly hurricane and pyre)but
Do you bring it back useless again?

And I still have concern about Nest
Due to the current specifications, it is a homing missile for short range only (the reason is lock-on range), but it no longer hits short range enemies on the test server.
I thought it was natural that the range of nest and the lock-on range would increase accordingly, but nothing has changed

Edited by _____________l

• Nest changes. It is sad that such weapons with low effort needed are implemented. They will of course be effective, and a nerf will come shortly, why even bothering? No more ai/ self controlled weps please.
  • Lance nerf. Nice one! Proceed further please.
  • Armored tracks buff. Really nice!
  • Punisher nerf. Proceed further please. Its average damage maybe doesn't seem that high (compared to a weapon with splash radius for example), but you have to consider that all that damage will be distributed with high accuracy, that means on the enemy guns. I remember that i asked about some typhoon features against heating based weps. I was told that it shouldn't counter everything. Well here we go, punishers with nova counter everything.

• Typhoon change. Please make it worthy. In a meta with builds that always push and have high dps, typhoon that can deal 200-300 damage due to spaced armor, over 6 seconds.It's ridiculous.
  • Locust nerf, even tho it's justified and i was expecting it, locusts are one of the few melee counters. Feels really bad that melee is so effective, still

Conclusion: It's a good start overall, but changes still have to be made

I'm tired and disgusted about the ''balance'' update.

All the time, all the time you come with this stupid ''balance'',  which is all about MONEYYYY, yes money... you through dust in our face by telling us this nonsense about balance fixing.

Every time when you come with a  new weapon, is OP (annihilator, nest and more) for some weeks and after people complain about his OP power you calm us down by doing the ''balance'' ,bollocks,  but, but all of this is make in purpose by your lovely marketing managers:002:

When a new weapon is on the market , everyone  want to  have it and they will pay money to have it(some they fuse also) and you know that so you keep the weapon OP for some weeks, people speeding money to have it and after you ''realize'' that the weapon is ''unbalance'' and need to get nerf.

When you come with something new I bet you know already if is gonna be OP, you have a test server for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0kcet4aPpQ

Edited by LeellooBoom
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

15 hours ago, TreeBurgersYT said:

you drive a big pile of players closer to the edge of insanity.

+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1++1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1++1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1++1+1+1+1

This is the number of players I know personally that can confirm it.

Now we are waiting for legendary lances..

I feel pretty bad saying that, but you are trying to make the game easier for players who invest not time to learn and develop a certain level of skill or style of play, but only money. This will not lead to a new wave of players, it will demolish everyone's personal expirience from the game that they've endured so many battles to have it. What is a game without skills or soul? This is an empty shell, driving for no reason, when you are not able to shine with your skill level, but only with exploits you start to feel helpless and think that the game is not worth it because there are no true values.

Edited by E_A_
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

My feedback so far. I'll update it if necessary during the weekend.

+

• Nest fixes and nerfs. Currently the weapon is borderline uncounterable unless you run a very specific setup (Argus+Spark)
  • Humpback perk buff. Maintaining the Humpback perk is rather difficult. Increasing the ceiling makes maintaining the perk longer easier. That's the key takeaway from this tweak.
  • Mastodon tweaks. Now it's a lot easier to use the weapon which is good.
  • Armored Track changes. Making a pert less appealing or seal-clubbing while also making it better for higher PS range is always a positive for me.
  • Nailgun damage nerf. It has always been rather strong weapon for a special.
  • Reverting the synergy between homing missiles and cloak to the older version.

Neutral:

Typhoon knockback reduction amount. I think reducing the knockback of Typhoon impact is good and fair but I feel like it has been reduced too much. Now once the target craft's weight exceeds a certain point hitting them causes no knockback effect whatsoever which feels kinda jarring when you consider how much recoil the weapon itself has.

Locust damage nerf. While this is understandable and fair move considering Locust which is Epic weapon goes head to head against Relic weapons in CW, Locust suffers from the same problem as Cricket: it synergizes too well with hovers. Thus everybody has to put up with effectively underpowered unguided rockets until one day you actually do something to the hovers themselves.

Punisher tweak. This will help a bit for sure but it doesn't really tackle the core issue with Punisher. You see the real power of Punisher comes from the combination of its high damage, the maneuverablity of hovers and the behaviour of Nova shield. Because of these things Punisher Nova Hovers will keep 1v1:ing pretty much everything that's not a melee or a Nova Hover. If you don't want to tweak the Nova shield behaviour (which is fair, seems like you guys want it to counter reloading weapons), you'll probably have no choice but to nerf the Punisher damage itself then and make it and other DPS-based weapons more dependent on the Nova Shield. Pick you poison.

Conclusion:

It's good stuff all around.

For everybody else reading this: Having the meta depend on flipping smaller cars over via gigantic cannon knockback is not good game balance. We'd rather have smaller knockback and some other ways to deal with the melee crafts. Targem does need to figure out how to balance the bigger picture but it musn't rely on bs randomness of whether your knockback will flip an enemy melee craft over or not.

This is the problem with Punishers and the builds surrounding them:

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Confused 3
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Spedemix said:

Locust damage nerf. While this is understandable and fair move considering Locust which is Epic weapon goes head to head against Relic weapons in CW, Locust suffers from the same problem as Cricket: it synergizes too well with hovers. Thus everybody has to put up with effectively underpowered unguided rockets until one day you actually do something to the hovers themselves.

Main problem has been caused by hover

almost weapon become insane when put it on hover tbh

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

These are the features I like the most:

- The change to the mastodon is great an was needed.

- Nests I feel like they are in a good place before, the changes to them seems alright an allow non counter builds to have a little more room to kill them easily.

- every other change seems pretty good

These are the features that I don't like:

- the mastodon is still insanely heavy for no reason, its weight to durability ratio is by far horrible, making build options way to limited an forced, now if the breaker weight 1800 its durability would be 3870 which is more then 2x mastodon durability an weights about 1.8x less, this is why I say we need a weight to durability/structure rebalance.

Conclusion: 

- The only thing I would like see done to the mastodon at this point is lower the weight by atlest 500-1000 its just insanely heavy for no reason an limits your build options which makes way you to expose come pair to every other build in the game. I also feel like all cannons needs a bit of lower weight reduction.

But I still feel like the main issue of the game is still is durability/structure/weight over all at the moment heavy builds aren't even all that tanky they just really heavy an easy to kill since most heavy weapons leaves them easily exposed to direct cab damage, unless you push light weapons.

We need a good weight/durability/structure ratio on all parts, so we can have true light,medium,heavy builds, once we have this 90% of the issues of weapons would be fixed.

Easiest way of doing this is making all parts durability/structure closer to what they weight or make it a 1-1 or 0.8-1 ratio depending on the part.

If worried about damage a flat damage increase 10-20% across weapons would make up the change on most weapons.

- Now for cabins can give them a higher base structure but lower there gain of per part to 10-18% of vs the current 100% gain, this will allow armour parts to be more effective by allowing them to have a higher durability also.

This would allow for light/medium/heavy cabs to be just that as there class.

Exp- light cabs base structure set at around 900-1500 with a 10% gain per part

-medium could be 2000-2600 structure with 12-15% per part gain

-heavy cabs 2800-3500 structure with 15-18% part gain

this would truly give the game what its been lacking is a true difference between lights/medium/heavy builds.

Thats my thoughts

Edited by Crimson_Reaper@psn
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, byrwcn@psn said:

Main problem has been caused by hover

almost weapon become insane when put it on hover tbh

I dont even have to play the test server to be able tot ell you that hovers are what cause this specific problem with Punisher and Nova cabin. Punisher needs the accuracy debuff yeah, but in general the mobility of the hover + the shield is a ridiculously strong and easily abused combo. Try the same setup on legs or wheels, and it will feel very subpar. It will probably be another case of "Hovers stay the same, but other parts get nerfed so they arent so OP on hovers, while said parts are even more useless for non-hovers."

Edited by Crunk_Prime
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

I hate that you would even think of nerfing the Typhoon's impulse by 30%. This gun needs a lot of tweaks and more welding points on the sides, front, and rear of the gun traverse "cone". It is by far the least flexible relic weapon due to its massive size, horrible ability to be armored, huge amount of weight, and how useless it is against spaced armor.  Its only redeeming quality is its impulse, and it isn't even a reliable one. 

• Upvote 5

Wow this game has become trash.  It was supposed to be an apocalyptic Car wars game....now its some sort of Sci-Fi missile carnival crap game.  Great to see the formula which drove all the original players from the game has not changed.......Make a real op weapon so everyone has to buy it......a few weeks later after all the players complain nerf it and then make another OP weapon...rinse and repeat...and now you offer some real xxxx........ build your test ground crap which has no bearing on the playability of the PVP and offers absolutely nothing to the game......Way to kill your game even harder than you were.  Well Done Devs great to know your still useless.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 2

On 10/10/2020 at 3:27 PM, Spedemix said:

This is the problem with Punishers and the builds surrounding them:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Hate to say it, but isn´t that the purpose for the Nova. Most claimed a 500-600ish shield is not good enough to make forward facing builds but these builds counter Typhoon and scorp so damn well by anticipating the shot and reload of the enemy.
Anyway...

These are the features I like the most:

- Mastodon charge and delay decreases
- Summator damage reduction
- Nest bug fix

- nothing in particular

Conclusion:

The Nest was the big concern in this week and I am happy to get the bug fix at last. Also after testing again i somehow missed that Nest user will miss you if are right next to them, which is good to know.
The Mastodon feels nice on the Testserver although you still have to learn to aim with the charge up.
The Summator was necessary to be changed in some way. Too much Health and small size with the added bonus of only needing an engine, if even wanted.
The other changes are kinda out of the statistics, like 5% there and 10% here. Kinda hard to feel in the midst of battle.

And now to everyone claiming it depends on the Chassis (Hover). Yeah of course it does. Some Weapons just can´t stay in the crossfire for to long as others. Machineguns ducking in and out of cover inbetween the enemys reload or with safety measures charged, like shields, is far more efficient instead of getting out of cover and trying to tank the counterattack. That is what hovers do, be nimble and try to take minimal damage. Crickets are the crossfire, spamming across the battlefield, get in cover and reload. 

If the developer ever decide to change the hovers again, then they should first tell us what hovers are supposed to be?
Should they be a flying fortresses like most cannon hover with all the armor in the front, or should they be nimble to counter slow and heavy builds by simply out maneuvering their cannons and shooting them with small guns? 

At the moment hovers are so crippled, they can only max out their tonnage and get as much armor as possible because they are not nimble.

Stupid argument: My cannon should push that dog away and shoot through the shield of the Machinegun hover.

Edited by SirArkady
Nest edits

Features that i like:

• Mastodon - feels great to play with them now, they might get also a little less mass like -7% and slighty faster projectile speed
  • Punisher - good choice to remove perfect accuracy from perk - the whole mg lineup was supposed to be used by tap-firing for best effectivnes and it was until punisher, but after this patch the tap-firing skill will not go to waste. i would reccomend to lower damage from perk a little bit(10-20%), while re-adding the old durability to 400 to not over-nerf this weapon.
  • Locust - it could be even 10% less, but its always something. this weapon can be armored too well, and can compete even with relics weapon when used on hovers
  • Nest - glad it got fixed, they are so annoying to play against
  • Phoenix - good buff, they are way too fragile for its size

Features that feels neutral:

• Arothron - this weapon doesn't need damage up or down, "Grenade" should also explode after contact with armor, its range is very short, so its should deal full damage close-up like all shotguns
  • Tsunami - perk will be even more annoying for reloading weapons, but the lower impulse is a nice change for smaller vechicles and hover builds
  • Draco - again, i would say that faster heating would be better than higher damage, but i write something that bothers me about flamethrowers in general in a moment
  • Tracks - its kinda nice buff, i dont really play them but i think that they deserve a little more tonnage than extra 200(maybe 700 more to up it to 4500)
  • Humpback - i would recommend adding a new perk, extra damage won't work if u lose your guns, or maybe lower the damage for maximum efficiency(750 dmg for 30% dmg-up), 1000 damage is alot even on heavy builds.
  • Lancelot - i know its very hard to balance this weapon, and i dont really know what to suggest here to not make this weapon under or over-perfoming

Features that i don't like:

• Caucasus - dont lower turning speed, i think the weapon is in okay state right now

Features that i wanted to see:

• Nova Cabin "nerf" - I think that this cabin is kinda overperforming even if its legendary rarity cabin(its hard to tell since we have only 4 legendary cabins to compare).Maybe less power or extending shield reload from 6 to 8 second after shield is destroyed
  • Flamethrowers Rework - this kinda bugging me, how flamethrowers work right now, heating speed is way too slow and is ineffective on low hp structure parts. its kinda weird but the fire deals "bullet" damage - even if the "fire cloud" visually hits more than 2 parts(that have more durability than "fire cloud" damage), it deals damage only to 1 part and penetrates like bullets/fixed cannons/scorpions.Projectile speed is too slow and it shows how bad it is at high speed.The most annoying part about flamethrowers is how they "dont have perk" on higher rarities(Legendary/Relic), if we consider that Remedy's(first,lowest rarity flamethrower) perk is "explaining" how flamethrowers works, then Draco and Firebug(last OG relic that didn't get love for so long) should have Heating effect as well as an Actual Perk(just like Quasar and Pulsar before quasar perk change), cause it would seem that Draco and Firebug doesn't have perk right now.I would like to suggest change to how flamethrowers should deal damage - maybe good way is to make flamethrowers "shot" multiple 1-3 damage shots(like blockchain), that would damage whole visual arena, not only 1 part.
  • Flash I "buff" - This weapon deserves some more love than being the "old spark"

Final Thoughts:

• Overall a good balance changes just like the last one, i hope you implement alot of our feedback into these upcoming balance changes. can't wait for next week to see those changes going live(especially mastodon changes). It would be nice if you can consider my suggestions about flamethrowers.
Edited by volpaomnis

Putting it here so it's seen that Reaper usage on PS4 has taken over Clan Wars and high PS battles and needs seperate balancing than PC. It's a different meta. Top 10 Clan Wars are filled with giant Reaper Bigram spiders and the top 3 teams use them, keep in mind these players have fused relics and are using Reapers instead. Too easy to use and too effective, especially with our OP aim assist settings. I recommend making them use radiators again or nerf range/damage/ammo or durability. It's a legit problem, these have taken over high PS like a plague. 

Features I don't like:

• The Typhoon impulse was the only thing giving you a chance against melee. If that changes I recommend testing adding heating to the perk or try 1 meter penetration. Adding overheating to the perk could give you a slight chance to escape since a Flash etc won't last as long. Right now you're an easier kill using Typhoons since the Griffon limits the chance of landing shots before they get too close. 

• Upvote 4

• Nest changes are welcome, but the weapon is still somewhat troubling. A breakdown of the current changes:
    • [Rocket penetration] This seems to work as advertised. This is greatly appreciated, and reigns in the power of the Nest. Previously, Nest missiles were capable of de-framing vehicles and destroying the interior and undersides with ease.
    • [Detonation delay / rocket model] This greatly helps with countering the nest and making it ever so slightly more feasible for teammates to help you.
    • [Lock-on / Reload changes]  Makes the Nest a less viable DPS "main option", which is good. Given the previous characteristics, the Nest was incredibly powerful for how little effort it required.
    • [Turning radius] This means that the Nest has a minimum distance now, of about 25m. This is great, as it adds a much needed weakness to the Nest, and prevents them from being used at close ranges - where it was the most difficult to counter.
  • Humpback change is nice, this means that damage bonus is effectively higher than what it was before, since the buff would immediately start wearing off once you stop taking damage. Now, the buff should feel more consistent. Rather, it would average out to the previously advertised 25% more often, instead of 20%.
  • Armored track improvements are welcome, and should probably allow for builds with more than 2. The new turning radius, while better, still feels slightly prohibitive when compared to all other movement types.

These are the features that I felt neutral about (or have no strong opinion on):

• The perfect Arothron shot now deals 211 damage. This means that a 3-shot volley is capable of dealing 633 damage (before co-driver buffs), which will remove all but three Epic weapons within a single volley. That is potentially extremely powerful, if someone is actually able to keep the Arothon in the right range. In my opinion, this is a problem waiting to happen: rather than statistically buff the weapon to help it see use, the fundamental function of the weapon should change instead. For example, allow the Arothon to function similar to the Assembler; charging the shot increases its damage, reload time, and detonation distance.
  • Caucasus changes seem a little rough on the weapon; there was only one semi-viable build previously, small builds that ran around you with the Caucasus engaged. While these would utterly destroy players with bad aim, the turn speed reduction prevents fast Caucasus builds from rapidly turning to and fro. This isn't bad in itself, but still leaves the Caucasus in a rather boring spot.
  • All other weapons cannot be commented on due to lack of experience (all Relics) / minuteness of changes (all others) with said weapons.

• The perfect Summator shot now deals 156 damage. This means that a 3-shot volley is capable of dealing 468 damage, which will still remove most Epic weapons within 2-3 volleys. This doesn't seem to affect the maximum dropoff damage of the Summator, strangely enough, which was one of its strong points. The Summator felt very strong previously with the right build and playstyle; so while this nerf was probably warranted, I doubt that many players were actually able to scratch its high performance ceiling.

Conclusion: (brief constructive conclusion that sums up your overall experience)
The most important issue was addressed, that being the Nests. Still, games are going to feel pretty grimy from here on out with weapon that functions the way that it does, but these changes still do something to help. The vertical and homing nature of the Nests is just simply too impactful. Ironically enough, one could say that the other changes will have little effect due to how dominating the Nest will still be; can't see how the buff to rock will change the game while scissors is still very popular.

- Nest rework, I think AI weapon should have no place in this game, but if it have to be let's make it as weak as possible.

- Mastodon change , except this thing "The first shot of a fully charged cannon now heats up parts by 17% more". I think there is no need to change it because as it is now it is ok

- Lancelot ,but I think is still not enough 5 lances can totally wrecked 20t build ,combined with harvester, spark or flash with griffon cabin is too much, In my opinion lances should have two energy points. 

- Typhoon , if you change it as you announce, you will make a huge mistake, this weapon actually needs a buff not a nerf, right now what you can see is helioses and mg's rule the battlefield, reloading time is too long and this game is no longer a strategy game ,only rush builds winning cw. It's perk is useless and need to be changed to something else.

Conclusion:

- Nice to see you're working on things ppl was asking for but plz don't break the weapons which nobody complain about, don't do the same mistake as with porcs which nobody use right now. Drastic changes and turning game upside down is never good and will push more ppl to quit your amazing game.

Edited by SpeedyGonzaleo
  • Upvote 4

I like the most:

• Nest nerfs (especially if penetration gets fixed)
  • Armored track changes (but +5.2% tonnage (3800->4000) is not much, considering +13.6% PS (550->625). Maybe 4200 kg tonnage?)
  • Phoenix durability
  • Punisher perk balance (Now that accuracy stays normal, maybe change perk to fire 2 bullets at a time? To make use of the Punisher's many barrels.)

I dislike:

• Draco damage buff, because:
    • 5% damage doesn't give Draco any personality. Why not +15% Range (as Draco is the only fixed-angle flamethrower)? For balance, it would become easier to use, rather than adding a boring damage buff.
  • Mastodon trigger behavior, because:
    • Faster charge does not fix Mastodon being extremely annoying to use. While charging, all of these things can ruin shots:
      • Enemy moves unexpectedly
      • Enemy is moving horizontally
      • Ally bumps you
      • Ally drives in the way
      • You drive across a tilt on the ground
      • Enemy dies or loses parts (changes shape)

With all other cannons, these can only ruin your aim after you choose to fire the cannon. If something goes wrong while still aiming other cannons, you don't shoot. But if any of these happen with Mastodon, adjusting at the last second is almost impossible. And after you choose to attempt a double-shot, you cannot cancel it!  You will spend all of your time reloading.
    • The people happy with Mastodon's charging only intend to use Mastodon in Clan Wars (against enormous / slow / unmissable targets) and do not intend to use the weapon in PvE (with small moving enemies) or 8v8 (with random allies to ruin shots).
    • Trigger lacks "crispness" because it is either on a long timer, or it fires when releasing the trigger. This slight delay for single-shot is complicated by lag / latency. Because of the trigger, I would rather use Mammoths than try using Mastodons in single-shot mode.
    • Suggestion to make Mastodon viable in modes other than CW:
      • Click (to fire Incendiary shot)
      • Hold (to prepare Explosive shot)
      • Release (to fire Explosive shot if prepared, & to start reloading)
    • Another possibility, if you want double-shot to be a gamble:
      • Click (to fire Incendiary shot)
      • Hold (to charge/fire Explosive shot), OR Release early (to reload 50% faster)
  • Typhoon changes, because:
    • These perk changes are the complete opposite of Typhoon's original perk (which stunned enemy steering). Typhoon has lost all identity.
    • The perk effect is not really enjoyed by Typhoon users, because they don't witness the shots they're preventing. It only punishes victims (and only IF the victim uses certain types of weapons). If the counterplay to its perk is to choose a completely different weapon type, that doesn't make battles enjoyable.
    • Flash I already slows reload speed... Why do we need multiple relics with overlapping perks against a specific category of enemy? Typhoon could do something new...
      • reduce enemy accuracy, or
      • force enemy to accelerate, or
      • cause enemy weapons to heat up faster, etc.

In summary:

I like these balance changes, but some of the Relics don't "feel right" because the gun should respond better (Typhoon, Mastodon, Punisher).

• Upvote 2

This is what I like:
nothing
this is what I do not like:
That you make a post with the purpose of gathering feedback and then just ignore all of the feedback...