Life on the Farm

Dear Diary,

Still no crop circles, but there are donuts sometimes.

Today I built this machine. It's simple and familiar, but it killed a lot of red guys anyway. I'll never understand what makes for a proper violent predator in this Wasteland. I did not have high hopes for this when I built it, but it had a good day and sent four souls to Valhalla in one match, which is sort of unusual for my pretty flowers of doom. We still lost the match, but that's not that unusual...I guess.

Anyway, this is just another  scrap-book of things I build in Crossout. I had another page, but it's a mess and I don't even know where it is anymore. It was time for a new one. Besides, The Farm. It's a new era. This is a new thread, and this is my new car.

SG-0026.jpg

UPDATE: This one has evolved a little.

SG-0042.jpg

Edited by DocSavage
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I struggled and cried about trying to build a Joust-Rod until I did it. It's a very different play-style, and it's difficult for me to grasp, but maybe I get it, sort of. IDK. 

I had some fun with this build, and I might hang on to these Lancelots for a while. They are yet another layer in the violent and strange world of Crossout.

It's an interesting hobby (Lancers). I'm still not sure I get it, though. I will have to subject myself to more experiments...back to the Bat-Cave.

SG-0028.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Still working out the Joust-Rod thing. Here's this mornings run at it. I might learn to like this enough to get the four Lancelots I think I need to do this right (maybe). For now it's an enigma that I am enjoying working out (mostly). I'm loosing my wallet trying different things. I'm going to need to generate some more currency to keep up with the taxes...ya, death and taxes.

SG-0030.jpg

UPDATE: Four Lancelots, two Turrets, an Oppressor, and Stealth...

SG-0043.jpg

Edited by DocSavage
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I'm...Die Fledermaus?

Today they are doing free work benches, so I'm building stuff with wheels I don't normally have. Good thing I had a bunch of scrap from that Lancer project.

This shot-gun arrangement seems to be working for now. The coolers are working good. A little more scrap and I'll be able to try something with those Balloon-Tires. Cannons were the way I was going to go, but boy are those awful these days. Mine aren't that great anyway. I think I have two fused Prosecutors. Shot-guns work better, I think, but we'll see.

SG-0034.jpg

UPDATE: I got the Balloon-Tires, and set it up for cannons. I only had a chance to take it out once, but it did good. I'll have to get back to it later.

SG-0035.jpg

Edited by DocSavage
  • Upvote 1

Nothing I've ever built has sucked so bad. This is really wrong. looks cool, but...uh, wow. This is clearly not the way to do Hovers. I can't imagine how it's supposed to work, but this ain't it. I guess I try again.

SG-0036B.jpg

• Upvote 1

This worked a bit better. The Oppressor helps. I somehow managed to get 3 kills with it this last round. I think I'm on the right track, but these non-fused Sinus mini-guns aren't that great. I think I'm burned out on the project, but I like where it took me.

SG-0037.jpg

Update: I've modified this all the way up to PS9K...very frustrating. Not working.

SG-0037B.jpg

Update: Totally sick of getting the Bridge over and over and over...at least it's not Old Town.

Update: Rebuilt it, trimmed it down, armed it with an Ice-Creme Machine, 2 Equalizers, and a Prometheus. I'm having better luck. Not good luck, but better.

I like it...maybe...I'm glad my Thug still works. I'm not feeling the whole "Hovers are OP," thing. That's for sure.

SG-0037C.jpg

Played for hours and haven't won two missions.  I guess it's sideways cheese box or it doesn't work. I think I'm done with this project (because it sucks). I'm so sick of pew-pew I could puke-puke. I'm ready to do something else.

Edited by DocSavage
  • Upvote 1

I'm not very good at cannons. I'm not ready for Hovers. Legs are just too slow. I like the sci-fi, but not that bad. So, I decided I'll just stay in my lane for a while and do what I've done best; I'm a Wasteland percussionist. Since I started playing with Legos, this is what I've done; build cars and then have contests smashing them into each other. True story.

It turns out that I like joust-rods. Seems odd that I wouldn't, now.

SG-0043B.jpg

...If I can put this on a sled, this Christmas will be a riot.

Edited by DocSavage
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

...So, I put it on a sled.  I took it out once. I made a kill, but I hit him so hard I disintegrated. It was perfect. It's so stupid fast. It'll look great dressed for Christmas too...I'll be bummed if they don't have an event...they'll have an event.

SG-0044B.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This was bumming me out, until I put the shotguns on it. Bulldog has always been good to me.

This rig was intended to handle my Christmas float (the decor I earn from the event I hope they have), so I'm glad I found a way for it to be functional. It's doing OK with this shot gun assembly. I'd tried the Arothron before and didn't have much luck with it, but this time around it's working well. I think it gets along with the Sledgehammers, and it being tall helps it to rain fire down from above onto the cabs of those troublesome wedges at a better angle.

I took Siberian_Jay3x6's advice and got a PU-1. That's been a good deal, and it certainly helps here.

SG-0045.jpg

Edited by DocSavage
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I'm keeping this one on my thread, even though I posted it on the Death Race 2000 thread too (PS 2531). I think it turned out sharp. It does good in PVP too, because shotguns. I just wish I had another slot to save it in, because I'd like to keep it around.

Maybe it's time for an old theme to reinvigorate this farm again. I've tried a lot of new stuff lately and I think I know what I like better...maybe not "Mad Max," exactly. Maybe, more like "Psycho Pete." I think that's my flavor.

I like sci-fi, but it's hard for me to squeeze a version of it I like out of this game. I'm not ready to give up on that (I still want my crop circles), and I'd like to find an interpretation of it I can roll with, but I haven't managed...yet.

This I like.

SG-0046.jpg

Edited by DocSavage
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

SG-0035.jpg

That one is so frigging nice as is the pic as well. 

“ 

I like big ol' farm tractors
And big ol' farm implements
And things that dig up lots of dirt
And go real loud like they was meant to
Like they was meant to
I like lookin' at a field
That's just been cut
And lookin' at the pigs
When they do the rut
I love the way hay smells
When it's stacked in a barn
These just a few things gonna find on a farm
Yeah, down on the farm
Yeah, down on the farm
I love the way farm supply stores smell
A mix of seed, workin' clothes
And oil and more
You can get a new shovel
Get a new rake
Get your chainsaw sharpened
But you might have to wait
They got coffee
Yeah, they got coffee, mate
Yeah, they got coffee, mate
I think I'll go out and wash
My old John Deere
But hang on just a minute
What's that I hear
My friend Doc playin' drums in the barn
I guess we gonna rock and roll
Yeah, down on the farm
Yeah, down on the farm. "
Edited by Siberian_Jay3x6
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I think I've abandoned this account for the time being. The queues are really long and the matchmaker is always skewed for it. I don't know why, but it sucks. I started a different one and it works better (shorter queues, closer matches, funner game). I don't know why for sure, but it doesn't suck. I realize I am not supposed to do that, but at this point they can go ahead and delete me, if that's the issue , because this account is miserable to try and make work for whatever reason, and the other one is not. I don't plan on discarding this one completely, because I've spent a lot of money on it, but it isn't very much fun to play usually, especially when compared to my new one, which I am not spending money on, and I suppose that speaks to the matter of whether or not this game is pay2play. It is not. It's just wonky2play.

I don't have many ideas as to what makes for a win in this game. Sometimes it works great, other times it seems like the deck is stacked against me. The other account works better, so that's where I'm going to be (having fun instead). They can cancel my membership I suppose, but that will guarantee I don't spend any more money on their game for sure, as I don't plan on spending any on the other account. If I did spend any money (and I probably would), it would be on this account, just as a collector of things Crossout. I like the stuff I have here, but sitting in a queue for 5 minutes or longer and then being the low man on the roster all the time isn't fun, and that's what's going on here. I'm also sick of the Bridge and Sector Ex. Bottom line is; this account is tedious and soul crushing, and the other one is fun. I'm tired of tedious and soul crushing.

I think the game just gets crappy as you "progress," and I'll be pleased to learn differently. Maybe, I screwed this account up somehow. IDK. I like the game, but I would also like to enjoy playing it too. I'm not afraid to spend money on it, but I'm frustrated and trying to find a strategy that works. So I'm trying something different. This game mutates every month, so things will probably change. They always do.

I don't like being sneaky, so this is my version of confession, I guess. It'll be the last one.

I was looking forward to the Christmas event (whatever that would be), and if I don't get in trouble for being sneaky(less), I would probably join that event here (maybe not), because this is where all my fancy stuff is, and I already had a plan...on the other hand, I'm having a lot more fun with the free account...They said I could play for free. Well, I am (now). I just also payed to play, too, and maybe I'm done with that.

Savatar-001.gif

Edited by DocSavage
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On an up note, today I am setting up my daughter with a  rebuilt computer I cobbled together from antique hand-me-down parts. If things go well, I could have her account up and running. She would probably play more than her brother, but then if this computer works out, he might find himself playing more too. IDK. Currently, we have the only com capable of running this game (mine), and that means limited access.. If I can get this thing up and running maybe I'll have some company that will breath new life into this account. I can see me exploiting the Contact module as a fun possibility. We'll see.

My daughter is disabled, so I will always be her faithful sidekick as long as I live, and so I think I can see us both tooling around the Wasteland a bit, as we are inseparable. This might be a cool thing...or not. We'll see.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
On 11/22/2020 at 5:26 PM, afghanaryan said:

You should both run a fusion build then

I think that's a great idea. one day I hope to, but my project did not work out like I had hoped. That old Nvidia GT610 can do it, but it's bad. I need something stronger, but I don't have it.

EDIT: Blah blah blah. etc.

MaxineAvatar-1.jpg

Edited by DocSavage
  • Upvote 1

Unbelievable. I got MVP with a lance build. I've been pretty happy with this build, but I did not expect that.

I went ahead and picked up that Knight Decor Pack after that. I felt like I should just own the fact that I'm a dreaded lancer. As despicable as that is, it seems undeniable now.

Unbelievable.jpg

How messed up is that?

• Upvote 1

Still getting use out of this build. It seems to be on a roll tonight. I took out the rear ST Wheels and put regular ones in there and I like it better. This general design has been one I've been using since the beginning, I think. The Howl cab seems to fit right into the plan fairly well.

My Drone boat still seems to work too, but whatever.

I did have a pretty fun run with some other drone-heads. It wasn't a free win, we had to stick together, and it was close a time or two. It looked a little grim once. I'd wager drones are pretty well balanced...maybe. It certainly isn't as engaging as shot guns and daggers, but I put a lot of effort into my build and it looked like the other guys did too. It was fun. I'll stop apologizing for it now.

Next up is probably going to be that Lance build, so I guess there is no end to my depravity.

Anyway...

SG-0047.jpg

Edited by DocSavage
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Good news; the Ex Machina Anniversary may have brought me a solution to getting my daughter into the action. Hard Truck Apocalypse: Rise of the Clans can be multi-played over the home network, and that old Nvidia graphics card is perfectly suited for that old game. Also, my sister-in-law came across a couple discarded Dell T3400 workstations, that I may be able to acquire. This is fortunate because those monster boxes are very versatile, make fair gaming computers given the right parts, and I just happen to have the right parts (I think).

Plus, I can personalize the game for us because it can be modded, and I just happen to have the right tools for that as well. The insides of EX Machina is very familiar, having long been a modder of games like Fallout: New Vegas and Skyrim. It feels like home. I just need to pick her up a license for the game while they're cheap and available. Two bucks is hard to beat, and I'll be able to get an enjoyable hobby from it that's right up my ally for years to come.

I'll probably be posting more Crossout Crossover in the future, blending Crossout, Fallout, and Ex machina together, further blurring the boarders between this family of games.

My Monkey's getting fat.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Boy, I've been busy not being busy this holiday. Here's some of the stuff I did on my son's abandoned account.

He has cooler stuff. I sold all of mine, but he doesn't play much anymore, so there it all still sits.

Anyway, I fired it up and this is what I got...

First off, that Fat Man skin is way too cool. My son's all into the military thing so he's got tracks and Scavenger stuff on his shelf. I had to get that skin.

Q-001b.jpg

That AC needs to be fused and it should be a real kill button. It worked for me. The blades in front really help the heavy beast make smooth stops and fire quickly.

Q-003.jpg

This Shotgun build I did for me, because I had to grind some stuff and I suck at tanks.

Q-004.jpg

Angry Bird? I think so. I liked it for a Sprinter build, but it was really just practice for this next one...

Q-005.jpg

...because the Skinner ifs fun, and I was trying to make that work. This one does. I forget to deploy the drones a lot, but It's so much fun grabbing things and causing mayhem that I get distracted. That one is a lot of fun. It made me jealous, so I got a Skinner too, but I don't have that cab. It's a Dooms Day cab.

So is this next one...

Q-006.jpg

I think it's a good build, but it needs to upgrade to the Prometheus to fit into it's power score. Those guns aren't fused either, but it found a groove a time or too. I think it has more potential yet to be seen. It'll evolve.

Q-002.jpg

This is his favorite cab, the Fury. I find it tricky to build around, but this works a lot better than what he had. It could still use some upgraded machine guns, but it's a lot of fun as a copper scrapper. It can shoot in any direction nice and clear and it's plenty fast.

Those are his Six slots. Now he should have something fun for whatever daily, I think.

I'm not even sure what I have in my garage. It's time to put on my PJs, make a pot of coffee, and go find out, I think.

Edited by DocSavage
  • Upvote 1
  • 5 months later...
Posted (edited)

December 31st, eh? It's been a while since I updated this thread. I had to take a break This game and the forum was really making me gnash my teeth. I did like I said I would, and I fired up a F2P account, and played there for a while. The game is fun and less complicated down low, but you don't have parts to build much that is terribly cool...unless you're savvy. I'm savvy just like that. I've been poor all my life, and I've learned well to do with little. I've had everything taken from me a time or two, lived on the street, in a cage, and in a Ford Tempo...down by the river. Freedom is all that's really important to me...and my kids. As for goodies....meh. I like my bike.

Anyway, It's time to dust off this shelf and put some more stuff on it. I'm keeping a Ravens thread, rich with Raven style and swagger, but the Ravens will fly away soon and take some of it's glamor with them when they leave. I love the Ravens, and they'll have to pry that Burnished Steel from my cold dead hands, I reckon, but I have to get out of the box sometimes. The more often the better, probably...no cages.

There's been a bit of discussion on the ML200s, and that got me itching for a set, so I got some. I have to say, I like their easy going play-style. This build's right under 4K, and it's rich with the visual queues I like the most about Crossout, and so I like it for those reasons.

Engineers-001.jpg

I was glad to find I could make this work with the very limited inventory I have. It's using 3 Chords and a fused Vector. That's pretty low budget right there...other than the legs. I had to make some sacrifices for those, but I'm not disappointed. I like this ride and it's getting a couple of kills a match in a very casual way...well, every other match. It really only does casual with a top speed of 40-50kph, and I'm liking that. It actually feels therapeutic and relaxing after running speedy high-stress Shotguns for so long.

Engineers-001b.jpg

I'm glad they work with my Thug. I love that stupid cab. After I learned about the magic of 30, I was worried I wouldn't be able to use it anymore. It's still great for easy raids, which I like, because I get to run more artsy builds there, but I've had trouble working it into the pvp queue because of it's low PS.

I really just want to build cool cars and shoot stuff. I'm not that competitive, but I don't like getting pwned all the time either. I'm glad when I can find a way to make it work without using some exploit, and I'm glad this rig didn't sit in the queue for five minutes waiting for a match, or get clobbered when it hits the theater. I certainly ain't out there seal clubbing with this, and I don't feel like I'm exercising an unfair advantage in anyway except that my ride is cool, IMO. They prove that to me often out there.

Anyway...She's got legs. My monkey is happy.

Edited by DocSavage
  • Upvote 1

The Ravens might be gone, but the scars last forever. I'll never get this paint completely off my fenders. It's been beaten in there pretty good, I suppose, but I gave it another whack anyway.

I rolled around the Wasteland with Lord_Humungus  for a couple rounds this morning. That was fun. We had similar weapon types...he had better wheels, though.

I like informal groups, but I think it's odd that I can run into the same people without trying so often. I like it (usually), but it's weird.

Anyway, I know I need to get out of this rut, but it's so much fun down here in the gutter.

Raven-021.jpg

• Upvote 1
On 6/9/2021 at 8:57 PM, DocSavage said:

The Ravens might be gone, but the scars last forever. I'll never get this paint completely off my fenders. It's been beaten in there pretty good, I suppose, but I gave it another whack anyway.

I rolled around the Wasteland with Lord_Humungus  for a couple rounds this morning. That was fun. We had similar weapon types...he had better wheels, though.

I like informal groups, but I think it's odd that I can run into the same people without trying so often. I like it (usually), but it's weird.

Anyway, I know I need to get out of this rut, but it's so much fun down here in the gutter.

Raven-021.jpg

"I like lookin' at a field, 
That's just been cut, 
and lookin' at the pigs
When they do the rut..." 

Now that you mention Humungus, well hows aboot getting all daring and building:

maxresdefault.jpg

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Siberian_Jay3x6 said:

Now that you mention Humungus

That's a pretty cool ride. Hilarious.

I was still mulling over resurrecting that Interceptor build you had mentioned a few days ago. I've tried a couple times and it just didn't work out the way I wanted, but it did spin off into that last build I posted...which then got trimmed into this one. I didn't like the wing on the back because it was too big, but it sure helped keep those machine guns safe. I didn't know what to do, but I think I figured it out. I trimmed'em off and gave it a fresh paint job for the picture, but I don't think I'd do well to roll into pvp in bright yellow. It's good for the photo-op, though.

Raven-021b.jpg

I'm having a grip of fun with this build right now. I like the Jannabi. It's probably my favorite piece from any of the Battle Passes so far. I dig its generic perk, and the smoked tires effect is a hoot, IMO. Sound FX are great too, IMO. It looks good, sounds good, and runs good. I like the Jannabi. I hope they hit another sweet spot like this with their next Battle Pass.

• Upvote 1